Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,444,403 members, 5,503,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 April 2020 at 02:41 PM

I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? (1715 Views)

I Have A Weakness For My Ex Lover But Am Engaged To Another Man? / He Wants To Break My Virginity Before Marriage-help??? / All I Do Is Drink And Smoke, Will Marriage HELP ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? by Beke2020: 11:06pm On Mar 25
Post Anonymous. Jide (not real name) and I dated on and off for five years. I knew there were other ladies in his life. But every time he came back to me,I found out he treated me better than the other guys I was dating.

Lets just say: I left the door of my heart open to Jide. He came and left as he liked. My parents did not like that but no other better guy. Jide’s mom, a single mom loved me but she too could not influence her son to settle down.

Jide got admission to further his education abroad. Three month before he left,I got pregnant. That did not change anything. Jide left and almost 7 months later,I had twins baby girls. Jide’s mother was supportive. Jide called a few times. Not too long I was seeing Jide post pictures of his new woman on social media.

So yes, I am a single mother. I did not think of terminating the pregnancy. I ..........

https://livelystones.com.ng/i-have-a-weakness-for-my-ex-will-marriage-help-me/

Re: I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? by Jamesrock(m): 11:11pm On Mar 25
Read “why men marry bitches” by sherry argov; the answer to ur plight is there

1 Like

Re: I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? by FunkyAlhaji2015: 11:22pm On Mar 25
I didn't read the story to the end but I will advise you to just proceed with the engagement because the land lord will still come with the money. Having said that, the market should be exempted from the collection on Mondays.

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? by SavageResponse: 11:48pm On Mar 25
Beke2020:
Post Anonymous. Jide (not real name) and I dated on and off for five years. I knew there were other ladies in his life. But every time he came back to me,I found out he treated me better than the other guys I was dating.

Lets just say: I left the door of my heart open to Jide. He came and left as he liked. My parents did not like that but no other better guy. Jide’s mom, a single mom loved me but she too could not influence her son to settle down.

Jide got admission to further his education abroad. Three month before he left,I got pregnant. That did not change anything. Jide left and almost 7 months later,I had twins baby girls. Jide’s mother was supportive. Jide called a few times. Not too long I was seeing Jide post pictures of his new woman on social media.

So yes, I am a single mother. I did not think of terminating the pregnancy. I ..........

The only reason why you still have a weakness for him is because you are still single and are not in a relationship!

Re: I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? by XhosaNostra(f): 5:30am On Mar 26
Beke2020:

Hehehe. Imagine that!
Re: I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? by BlueDomera(m): 5:43am On Mar 26
XhosaNostra:

Hehehe. Imagine that!

Love can turn to a very addictive drug, worst than cocaine if we meet that guy/lady that we have no choice but to always have a soft spot for them for the rest of our lives.
Re: I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? by XhosaNostra(f): 5:58am On Mar 26
BlueDomera:
Love can turn to a very addictive drug, worst than cocaine if we meet that guy/lady that we have no choice but to always have a soft spot for them for the rest of our lives.

Of course you have a choice, especially when how they've treated you doesn't warrant lifelong devotion. This Jide person is enjoying because he found something who doesn't believe she deserves better. Even being alone is better than the toxic rollercoaster she's on.
Re: I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? by BlueDomera(m): 6:04am On Mar 26
XhosaNostra:

Of course you have a choice, especially when how they've treated you doesn't warrant lifelong devotion. This Jide person is enjoying because he found something who doesn't believe she deserves better. Even being alone is better than the toxic rollercoaster she's on.
Yeah i understand your point. But the thing is that this jide of a guy might come to realize later his mistakes and might be Genuinely sorry for treating her bad and the lady might pretend to have moved on but the love is still there.

Yes that's what I'm talking about.
There is a guy you might have convinced yourself that you are over with but deep down you know you can never stop loving him.
Re: I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? by XhosaNostra(f): 6:22am On Mar 26
BlueDomera:
Yeah i understand your point. But the thing is that this jide of a guy might come to realize later his mistakes and might be Genuinely sorry for treating her bad and the lady might pretend to have moved on but the love is still there.

Yes that's what I'm talking about.
There is a guy you might have convinced yourself that you are over with but deep down you know you can never stop loving him.

No, I'm not wired like that. There has got to be very good reasons for me to hold on for dear life. If someone has hurt me in any way or broken my trust, of course I will not put them on a pedestal because I matter to me/myself. If they're an ex...go figure! I can honestly say I have noone I'm hung up on. When I move on, I do so completely.
Re: I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? by BlueDomera(m): 6:24am On Mar 26
XhosaNostra:

No, I'm not wired like that. There has got to be very good reasons for me to hold on for dear life. If someone has hurt me in any way or broken my trust, of course I will not put them on a pedestal because I matter to me/myself. If they're an ex...go figure! I can honestly say I have noone I'm hung up on. When I move on, I do so completely.
well it's because you have not met one.

When you meet a guy that will blow you off, mentally and emotionally. You will understand.
Re: I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? by XhosaNostra(f): 6:29am On Mar 26
BlueDomera:
well it's because you have not met one.

When you meet a guy that will blow you off, mentally and emotionally. You will understand.

I probably will never meet "the one" because they have a lot to live up to. An asshole like this Jide will never be the one to me. Impossible.
Re: I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? by BlueDomera(m): 6:34am On Mar 26
XhosaNostra:

I probably will never meet "the one" because they have a lot to live up to. An asshole like this Jide will never be the one to me. Impossible.
Lol i understand you perfectly.
You can flex all the muscles you have but just pray you don't meet that guy that will even make you to believe that he uses juju on you.

Beware of the dangerous love.
Re: I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? by perousd: 6:34am On Mar 26
This seems More like a Self esteem issh.
She didn't open her heart, there was never a key.

I understand that love some times can cause weakness but a sane Self Worth will Know when it's going overboard.

We see these things every time and that's why we advise parents to help their children develop some healthy self esteem.
Re: I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? by Jewessgratitudd: 6:41am On Mar 26
BlueDomera:

Why explain to her. Some people be acting like stone cold like they never truly fell in love in their whole life. Anyways who knows? It may be they never tasted true love so when people who have, tell their stories, they can't relate. So no need trying to explain cos she still won't grab.

They think love is buy me pizza, buy me sharwama..mtchew!
Love is deep. Its a soul tie. And it can be life threatening.
Re: I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? by BlueDomera(m): 6:50am On Mar 26
Jewessgratitudd:

Why explain to her. Some people be acting like stone cold like they never truly fell in love in their whole life. Anyways who knows? It may be they never tasted true love so when people who have, tell their stories, they can't relate. So no need trying to explain cos she still won't grab.

They think love is buy me pizza, buy me sharwama..mtchew!
Love is deep. Its a soul tie. And it can be life threatening.
Exactly 100%.

The thing called love can be so dangerous that even if some relationships later broke up and the people involved later got married to someone else.

If they can open up to you. They still never and will never stop loving their ex or that boy or girl.

50% of happily married men or women still one way or the other still stalk one particular person that they will forever love till they die.

Most people have a greater chance of having sex again with one particular ex if the ex come close again.

We have all been there before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? by XhosaNostra(f): 6:51am On Mar 26
BlueDomera:
Lol i understand you perfectly.
You can flex all the muscles you have but just pray you don't meet that guy that will even make you to believe that he uses juju on you.

Beware of the dangerous love.

Lol, I've been in one such relationship before. The hold he had on me was too strong, but when I broke away...
I can still remember our final encounter, vividly. It was one of those on-again, off-again relationships. But that last time was different & I felt it. We were having another one of our quarrels, that usually meant we were heading for another off-episode. I was bored & done with the on & off, so I looked at him. I mean really looked at him void of any emotional attachment. He wasn't particularly handsome or had anything for me to keep taking shìt from him. Other than the "love" that I had for him, there was nothing else there to keep the back & forth going any longer. That was the end of that. I changed everything, including my number. Recently he tried to reconnect & guess what? I still feel nothing for him.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? by BlueDomera(m): 7:00am On Mar 26
XhosaNostra:

Lol, I've been in one such relationship before. The hold he had on me was too strong, but when I broke away...
I can still remember our final encounter, vividly. It was one of those on-again, off-again relationships. But that last time was different & I felt it. We were having another one of our quarrels, that usually meant we were heading for another off-episode. I was bored & done with the on & off, so I looked at him. I mean really looked at him void of any emotional attachment. He wasn't particularly handsome or had anything for me to keep taking shìt from him. Other than the "love" that I had for him, there was nothing else there to keep the back & forth going any longer. That was the end of that. I changed everything, including my number. Recently he tried to reconnect & guess what? I still feel nothing for him.
Lol i understand but the truth is that it's better you keep him off for your own sanity.

Because if you give him the slightest chance like a date again, even if you give him like 10 minutes conversation again, physically where you can see him.

Believe me you will start thinking about him.

The worst of all for some ladies is that when the ex calls and you get to know that he is in some pains, be it emotionally, financially or otherwise.

You can't help than to be there for him.
It's the same for both men and women.

I know of a guy that got a job through his ex that's now happily married and guess what, they have started having sex again.

This is a true life story because that guy is my neighbour.

This is why i took my time to reply you because I've seen it with my own eyes.
Re: I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? by XhosaNostra(f): 7:11am On Mar 26
BlueDomera:
Lol i understand but the truth is that it's better you keep him off for your own sanity.

Because if you give him the slightest chance like a date again, even if you give him like 10 minutes conversation again, physically where you can see him.

Believe me you will start thinking about him.

The worst of all for some ladies is that when the ex calls and you get to know that he is in some pains, be it emotionally, financially or otherwise.

You can't help than to be there for him.
It's the same for both men and women.

I know of a guy that got a job through his ex that's now happily married and guess what, they have started having sex again.

This is a true life story because that guy is my neighbour.

This is why i took my time to reply you because I've seen it with my own eyes.

No, that ship sailed a long time ago. I'll never be in a relationship with him again. Plus, he's aging terribly grin Looks nothing like the person I knew, which is another plus. Imagine if he still has the same stinking attitude, so I'd have to deal with the same all over again, but from an old geyser this time around cheesy God forbid bad thing!
Yeah well, with me, there's no going back once I reach a certain point. When that door closes, it's sealed for good.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? by rex444(m): 7:58am On Mar 26
love they say is truly blind ...... if only she would get up from her comfort zone and know that her happiness solely depends on her ......
Re: I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? by BlueDomera(m): 8:20am On Mar 26
XhosaNostra:

No, that ship sailed a long time ago. I'll never be in a relationship with him again. Plus, he's aging terribly grin Looks nothing like the person I knew, which is another plus. Imagine if he still has the same stinking attitude, so I'd have to deal with the same all over again, but from an old geyser this time around cheesy God forbid bad thing!
Yeah well, with me, there's no going back once I reach a certain point. When that door closes, it's sealed for good.

Lol well you are lucky he is not a looker like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Lol

1 Like

Re: I Have A Weakness For My Ex: Will Marriage Help Me? by Beke2020: 10:37pm On Mar 26
grin Lol!
BlueDomera:
Lol well you are lucky he is not a looker like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Lol

(1) (Reply)

Will You Marry For Money Or For Love? / Can You Love Someone You Have Never Set Your Eyes On? / Why Dont You Want To Get Married Or What Are Makes You Apprehensive About It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.