Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 (94050 Views)

COVID-19: NCDC Reports Five New Cases, Total Now 214 / COVID-19: 2 More Deaths And 20 New Cases, Total Now 210 (NCDC) / Coronavirus: FG Confirms Five New Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by ivolt: 4:42am On Mar 26, 2020
Masking:

Lol
If this continued for 6 months it will be the end of humanity.

The only people that would remain would be those immune to the virus.

And anyone not killed by d virus will die of hunger or by the sword of looters.

But i believe God sha.
This is just not how the world ends

You are wrong.

It kills about 1 to 5% the majority of which are old and fragile.

It will be the beginning of a new era, not the end.

It may continue for up to 24 months since there are many "healthy carriers".

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by ivolt: 4:42am On Mar 26, 2020
grandstar:
I won't be surprised if it's 10 times that number.

As much as we dislike Trump, if the Roche anti-Corona vaccine works, it will be fantastic. I think a race should be on to find simple effective treatments and also preventive measures.

I believe a prize of $20m should be given to anyone who finds a simple effective cure. With such a prize, a cure will be found within 6months.

It is not always about money.
Not even a billion-dollar prize will accelerate the timing.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by anonimi: 4:45am On Mar 26, 2020

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by anonimi: 4:50am On Mar 26, 2020
ivolt:
It is not always about money.
Not even a billion-dollar prize will accelerate the timing.

Na so o.
Some things cannot be hurried.
Nine women pregnant cannot deliver in one month cheesy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by canDy4eva(f): 4:52am On Mar 26, 2020
Wether we like it or not, at this point it's only the Almighty God that can bring this to an end. It takes Jehovah nothing to end all this if only we ask for his mercy and Grace through genuine repentance. Food for thought... (What lessons has the King of Glory thought you this period)

God is LOVE yet a CONSUMING FIRE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Realist1(m): 4:53am On Mar 26, 2020
We should all try to stay indoors as much as possible.I think that is the only way and best chance not to get infected.My only fear is Lagos is too overcrowded no good spaces between houses.Your neighbour can just sneeze now the next minute the aerosol droplets are already in your room then your fan will now circulate it properly.

Maybe I will be alternating which window to open or close as the wind flow and direction dictates.Too much straight wind flow from one window I close it completely or shut it almost fully and allow the one with the normal wind flow open.

See as my mind dey go far .Chai! Coro e nor go better for you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by 9jaRealist: 4:54am On Mar 26, 2020
Ishilove:
Okay. Did all these travellers return before the airport lockdown or is there a way they're getting in we are unaware of?

You can be infected but have NO symptoms when you arrive...
That's why the NCDC are requesting SELF-ISOLATION for all arrivees.
>

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Nine2Five: 4:55am On Mar 26, 2020
7 Essential Tips for Working From Home During the Coronavirus Pandemic

Remote work is the future of work,no thanks to #Coronavirus for the unplanned work from home though. Our Naija employers are not happy, but what can we do.
make the most of your #stayhome period.

Click link to find out more:

https://www.9to5.com.ng/2020/03/26/7-essential-tips-for-working-from-home-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic/

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Xkale1234(m): 4:56am On Mar 26, 2020
All this returning people Dem suppose ban Dem as Dem dey enter the country/ idiot na Dem dey bring the virus come
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Glare247(m): 4:57am On Mar 26, 2020
Kekekenny:
We all know the Covid-19 cases in naija are more than ds figures. Carefully releasing it not to create panic. We are aware of 15 new cases from Gbagada .But let me stop here. God is in control already cool
U better stop saying nonsense

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Nine2Five: 4:57am On Mar 26, 2020
SOME BOSSES WONT LET GO OF THEIR WORKERS. WHILE THE BOSSES ARE OBSERVING SOCIAL DISTANCING. THERE IS GOD O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3qsil4ha_A

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Tunagee(m): 4:59am On Mar 26, 2020
Emmyrichboy:
Every time returning travelers, thought they shut the borders infact let them start showing us the people, because this country is a huge joke.
In lagos i strongly believe its over 2000 unknown to even the carriers

How many people have you seen or heard of in your neighbourhood that had the virus?

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by 9jaRealist: 5:00am On Mar 26, 2020
ivolt:
No.
It kills about 1 to 5% the majority of which are old and fragile.
It will be the beginning of a new era, not the end.

It may continue for up to 24 months since there are many "healthy carriers".

That's why EVERYONE is advised to behave as if they are infected...
If almost EVERYONE self-isolates and social distances, even if "healthy carriers" will be rid of the virus in 14 days.
>

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by BABANGBALI: 5:00am On Mar 26, 2020
Na now naija wan start their own
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by 9jaRealist: 5:04am On Mar 26, 2020
Realist1:
We should all try to stay indoors as much as possible.I think that is the only way and best chance not to get infected.My only fear is Lagos is too overcrowded no good spaces between houses. Your neighbour can just sneeze now the next minute the aerosol droplets are already in your room then your fan will now circulate it properly.

Maybe I will be alternating which window to open or close as the wind flow and direction dictates.Too much straight wind flow from one window I close it completely or shut it almost fully and allow the one with the normal wind flow open.

See as my mind dey go far .Chai! Coro e nor go better for you.

grin grin grin

The good thing is that the virus is NOT airborne...
Unless your neighbors have super-projectile droplets, you will be safe if there's a 6-feet distance.
>

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by fof1: 5:07am On Mar 26, 2020
Kekekenny:
We all know the Covid-19 cases in naija are more than ds figures. Carefully releasing it not to create panic. We are aware of 15 new cases from Gbagada .But let me stop here. God is in control already cool

PLS STOP UR IRRATIONAL FIGURES. WHERE IN GBAGADA DID U SEE OR CONFIRM CORO VIRUS? IS IT IN UR IMAGINATION? PLS BE WARNED FOR D LAST TIME AGAINST FAKE NEWS...

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by linearity: 5:10am On Mar 26, 2020
9jaRealist:

Figures announced EVERYWHERE in the world are obviously less than actual cases...
Not only because many are asymptomatic, but because the only to get accurate figures is to test EVERYONE - which is impossible..

>

Nigeria’s case is hugely under estimated.

One of the major issue is our limited testing capacity, since the start of testing in Nigeria; we have only been able to test less than 200 people and 50 of those are positive, which is scary because that is like 25% positive for every test.

Whereas South Africa have done about 20,000 test, with about 700 positive, which is like 4%.

The US have done about 420,000 tests with about 69,000 positive, which is like 16%.

So, Nigeria’s case should be close to what is been reported in the US.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by BeverlyTlhako: 5:11am On Mar 26, 2020
Kekekenny:
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by able20(m): 5:12am On Mar 26, 2020
Emmyrichboy:
Every time returning travelers, thought they shut the borders infact let them start showing us the people, because this country is a huge joke.
In lagos i strongly believe its over 2000 unknown to even the carriers
Of course they are all returning travelers how else did it enter Nigeria, your believe is not a fact you know.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by ignis: 5:13am On Mar 26, 2020
etibaba:
The numbers will definitely increase, it's not rocket science due to the nature of the window period of the virus and the issue of "Healthy carriers" more testing equipment will be required to really ascertain the level spread that has occurred. We will overcome this trying times.

Amen
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by 9jaRealist: 5:20am On Mar 26, 2020
linearity:

One of the major issue is our limited testing capacity, since the start of testing in Nigeria; we have only been able to test less than 200 people and 50 of those are positive, which is scary because that is like 25% positive for every test.

Whereas South Africa have done about 20,000 test, with about 700 positive, which is like 4%.

The US have done about 420,000 tests with about 69,000 positive, which is like 16%.

NO country on earth has the capacity to test everyone...
Not just the testing equipment but the needed reagents are obviously in acute demand worldwide at this time.

Accordingly, each country necessarily PRIORITIZES who gets tested...
In Nigeria's case, those already showing symptoms go directly to the front of the line.

Ultimately, COVID-19 is a virus, with a 2-week lifespan...
Thus, even with limited testing capacity, self-isolation and social distance should flatten the curve and then break the infection chain.
>

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by LabDNA: 5:22am On Mar 26, 2020
Sheraton hotel, protea hotel, Oriental hotel, federal palace hotel should all be cleared as quarantine centers.

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Oluwadare316(m): 5:23am On Mar 26, 2020
grandstar:
I won't be surprised if it's 10 times that number.

As much as we dislike Trump, if the Roche anti-Corona vaccine works, it will be fantastic. I think a race should be on to find simple effective treatments and also preventive measures.

I believe a prize of $20m should be given to anyone who finds a simple effective cure. With such a prize, a cure will be found within 6months.

. May God save us, no one knows how bad things will be before they found cure.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by gaskiyamagana: 5:24am On Mar 26, 2020
The earlier is better for Nigeria to be lockdown just for the uniform two weeks, else it will be too late to do.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Lizzydonnah(f): 5:25am On Mar 26, 2020
Oh my God embarassed
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Wettoid123: 5:25am On Mar 26, 2020
lawman88:
Kano State please close your borders now. I want Kano to stay free from this demonic disease

Somebody should tell NOUN to extend their registration days. One of their oga told me yesterday that the registration deadline is still 31st March, 2020

Lies, they have already extended it even the tma course registration, nothing is functioning now in the country
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by 9jaRealist: 5:26am On Mar 26, 2020
linearity:

Obviously because Nigeria is testing only (1) persons returning from high-risk countries, and (2) showing symptoms of COVID-19...
It will NECESSARILY have a higher percentage of positives than if we were just randomly testing everyone who wanted a test for peace of mind.
>

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by gaskiyamagana: 5:28am On Mar 26, 2020
LabDNA:
Sheraton hotel, protea hotel, Oriental hotel, federal palace hotel should all be cleared as quaratine centers.
Simple truth, but they would do that. Thank they are the index cases mostly.
Common man who loves himself should now be on Save My Live vacation.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Liorcadin: 5:29am On Mar 26, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

As ABC
[/s]
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Liorcadin: 5:31am On Mar 26, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Stop spreading false info.

[/s]
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by 9jaRealist: 5:32am On Mar 26, 2020
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

11-year-old Girl With Massive Boobs In Sierra Leone Undergoes Surgery (PHOTOS) / Coronavirus In Nigeria: FCT, 8 States At High Risk - WHO / How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.