Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 (94044 Views)

COVID-19: NCDC Reports Five New Cases, Total Now 214 / COVID-19: 2 More Deaths And 20 New Cases, Total Now 210 (NCDC) / Coronavirus: FG Confirms Five New Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Teenaira: 9:12am On Mar 26, 2020
meum:
All these returning travellers

There is so much anxiety out there. I will advise that a graph of this metrics against days or dates should be added to this information. That will help in showing the progress and assist in dousing the tension. So far, there seems to be no sudden surge. We need to thank God for that. Truely the figures may not be totally true because there are no total testing but it still reflects the the position as per test conducted.

Just a little more efforts and we shall win the battle.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by yetunsbay(m): 9:12am On Mar 26, 2020
Emmyrichboy:
Every time returning travelers, thought they shut the borders infact let them start showing us the people, because this country is a huge joke.
In lagos i strongly believe its over 2000 unknown to even the carriers
they came before borders were shut. They never quarantine
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Neoteny7: 9:17am On Mar 26, 2020
Kekekenny:
We all know the Covid-19 cases in naija are more than ds figures. Carefully releasing it not to create panic. We are aware of 15 new cases from Gbagada .But let me stop here. God is in control already cool

Really?

Tell that to the 20,000 dead and 460,000 still suffering and the daily new infections
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by idonhammer: 9:23am On Mar 26, 2020
Go for test ASAP

IronPant:
This is indeed a complex situation..
I've had a runny nose all day embarassed
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by chosenwan1(m): 9:28am On Mar 26, 2020
Where did you get that from?
Kekekenny:
We all know the Covid-19 cases in naija are more than ds figures. Carefully releasing it not to create panic. We are aware of 15 new cases from Gbagada .But let me stop here. God is in control already cool
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by 1c3JaY: 9:38am On Mar 26, 2020
lakesider:

Name one country that is safe from this. Why did nt America close its borders. Get sense my brother

Sierra Leone, Lesotho, ... Should I go on ... undecided

Uncle with sense please do more research before u quote from your skull...

We had ample time to close which would given us more time... Time for a cure or vaccine to be ready...
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by PinkStarsFallIn: 9:39am On Mar 26, 2020
Kekekenny:
15 new cases there, bro how did u come to know this?
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Mimi572(m): 9:46am On Mar 26, 2020
Edo state benin city, coronal virus shake this world, may the souls of all the faithful depature through the mercy of God rest in peace.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by luluman: 9:54am On Mar 26, 2020
meum:
All these returning travellers
They are the ones killing us I swear. When they were gallivanting we were not there but when them catch coro they want to involve us.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by luluman: 10:00am On Mar 26, 2020
grandstar:
I won't be surprised if it's 10 times that number.

As much as we dislike Trump, if the Roche anti-Corona vaccine works, it will be fantastic. I think a race should be on to find simple effective treatments and also preventive measures.

I believe a prize of $20m should be given to anyone who finds a simple effective cure. With such a prize, a cure will be found within 6months.

That price too small to save the world o.Give an equivalent of what Critiano is worth.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by grandstar(m): 10:03am On Mar 26, 2020
luluman:
That price too small to save the world o.Give an equivalent of what Critiano is worth.

You may be right. The sum is still very generous.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by luluman: 10:05am On Mar 26, 2020
grandstar:

You may be right. The sum is still very generous.
Somebody that will even save the life of Cristiano should be able to dictate his price if all must be saved. The world should made the pay mouth feeding, not only mouth watering.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by dalass(f): 10:06am On Mar 26, 2020
VillageHead:
Oh God please heal our land

Amen
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Mukbeementor(m): 10:17am On Mar 26, 2020
This Total discharge is what is provoking me most........ Are they sure they were contracted?
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by senatepresido: 10:17am On Mar 26, 2020
Kekekenny:
Please look
I stay in Gbagada phase II cry cry
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Eddygre8(m): 10:20am On Mar 26, 2020
Fear kills faster than corona virus. Trust God absolutely
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Masking: 10:41am On Mar 26, 2020
DExcellent1:

grin

Calm down. It's actually not that difficult.

Even the most deadly diseases in history could not kill 1/50 of worlds population.

Don't toll that line of thinking.

It's totally illusive and suicidal.

Not really.
Times have changed and there's a downside to globalism/globalisation.

In earlier eras of pandemics people had gardens in their backyards to rely on for foods. People were less greedy and selfish.

So now you've stocked up your house. How long would the food last you?2weeks? One month? At a point you'd have to come out of isolation. Aren't you exposed by then? Even with your money you might not get food to buy. You begin to ration while your immune system weakens, making you even more vulnerable.

You know se if you buy gala right now from hands infested wt corona, you con reach house carry out all the WHO recommended ritual- shower, sanitize your hand etc - open gala (no wash hand, touch gala) begin chop, you've likely become infected?? D virus can be potent on surfaces for hours.

What about the health system? Very fickle. It is overwhelmed as it is. They're asking health practitioners to come out of retirement and assist. Very soon medical students will be asked to play the role of doctors.

The one real solution is a vaccine/cure.

@ivory
E beta no reach 24months. Cos by then many presidents/leaders go drop dead and there'll b chaos. Imagine wetin go happen if buhari die now

I wonder where Redcross is in all of this??when will they start deploying?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by linearity: 11:04am On Mar 26, 2020
9jaRealist:

Nope, you can get tested in the US w/out symptoms in those so-called "drive-through" test centers set up in some states...
Meanwhile, Nigeria tests only those with symptoms and trace contacts (which was why the "highly connected" at Aso Rock were tested).
>

The policy in the US, is no symptoms, no testing even in the drive- through centers.

Am leaving in what is currently called the epicenter of the current out break and was driving on GSP today through Middletown that houses one of those centers.....this some of the pictures I took while on high speed.....

The prints are very small, but you should be able to see the bottom of that sign of no symptoms, no test. So States in US are even more restrictive in the drive through, in NY in some, it is no Doctor’s prescription, no testing....in some States, you only get tested if it is determined that your positive test results will change the course of your treatment.

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by mechanics(m): 11:15am On Mar 26, 2020
This is serious o, don't why it keeps increasing.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by okeyben10: 11:21am On Mar 26, 2020
DavSagacity:

Hypo is not alcohol based. it contains Hydrochloride and none of the alcohol family.

It contains sodium hypochlorite. It burns and is corrosive

That it doesn't contain alcohol makes it less a disinfectant undecided

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:31am On Mar 26, 2020
9jaRealist:

While COVID-19 is a novel (new) coronavirus...
Thus far it shows the same lifespan as with other coronaviruses (flu, etc.).

The medical evidence so far is that, unless a person has underlying health issues, the COVID-19 generally has a 14-day (or less) lifespan. Accordingly, A 3-WEEK COMMUNITY-BASED SELF-ISOLATION AND SOCIAL-DISTANCING SHOULD BREAK THE CHAIN OF INFECTION! Even in those who have the virus but are asymptomatic (that is, not showing any symptoms), the virus will work its way out of the system in about 14 days or less (again, unless there are other underlying health issues). Furthermore, the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of confirmed cases (about 80%) will recover and many confirmed cases will only have mild symptoms. It's a virus, but the greatest danger with COVID-19 has been the high and fast rate of infection, which raises the danger that many cases at the same time will overwhelm the healthcare system with sheer numbers.

The evidence thus far is that COVID-19 might well be around for a while...
But the best way to break the chain of infection and to flatten the curve (of the rate of infection) is SELF-ISOLATION and SOCIAL DISTANCING..

Therefore, this is NOT going to be a case of "government this, politicians that"...
This time EVERYONE has a role to play, and our COLLECTIVE conduct will determine COVID-19's impact on Nigeria! Good luck to us all!
>
educating
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:40am On Mar 26, 2020
Realist1:
We should all try to stay indoors as much as possible.I think that is the only way and best chance not to get infected.My only fear is Lagos is too overcrowded no good spaces between houses.Your neighbour can just sneeze now the next minute the aerosol droplets are already in your room then your fan will now circulate it properly.

Maybe I will be alternating which window to open or close as the wind flow and direction dictates.Too much straight wind flow from one window I close it completely or shut it almost fully and allow the one with the normal wind flow open.

See as my mind dey go far .Chai! Coro e nor go better for you.
my brother u no lie at all
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 26, 2020
Masking:

Not really.
Times have changed and there's a downside to globalism/globalisation.

In earlier eras of pandemics people had gardens in their backyards to rely on for foods. People were less greedy and selfish.

So now you've stocked up your house. How long would the food last you?2weeks? One month? At a point you'd have to come out of isolation. Aren't you exposed by then? Even with your money you might not get food to buy. You begin to ration while your immune system weakens, making you even more vulnerable.

You know se if you buy gala right now from hands infested wt corona, you con reach house carry out all the WHO recommended ritual- shower, sanitize your hand etc - open gala (no wash hand, touch gala) begin chop, you've likely become infected?? D virus can be potent on surfaces for hours.

What about the health system? Very fickle. It is overwhelmed as it is. They're asking health practitioners to come out of retirement and assist. Very soon medical students will be asked to play the role of doctors.

The one real solution is a vaccine/cure.

@ivory
E beta no reach 24months. Cos by then many presidents/leaders go drop dead and there'll b chaos. Imagine wetin go happen if buhari die now

I wonder where Redcross is in all of this??when will they start deploying?

Calm down! The Spanish flu (one of the deadlines in history. Killed people within hours) started ravaging America and Europe during the World War 1. What a time to be vulnerable? People were still stunned by the violence of the war. Economies were not in their best. Environments were not in their best. Food was scarce. Yet, the world didn't end literally.

Apt to note that the Spanish flu took over a million lives! This is, nevertheless, very huge. Millions of families were affected.

Thank God, it passed!

Many have come and passed.

This, too, will pass.

Stop over thinking unnecessarily.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:53am On Mar 26, 2020
linearity:

Nigeria’s case is hugely under estimated.

One of the major issue is our limited testing capacity, since the start of testing in Nigeria; we have only been able to test less than 200 people and 50 of those are positive, which is scary because that is like 25% positive for every test.

Whereas South Africa have done about 20,000 test, with about 700 positive, which is like 4%.

The US have done about 420,000 tests with about 69,000 positive, which is like 16%.

So, Nigeria’s case should be close to what is been reported in the US.
So what s your suggestion
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Masking: 12:20pm On Mar 26, 2020
DExcellent1:

Calm down! The Spanish flu (one of the deadlines in history. Killed people within hours) started ravaging America and Europe during the World War 1. What a time to be vulnerable? People were still stunned by the violence of the war. Economies were not in their best. Environments were not in their best. Food was scarce. Yet, the world didn't end literally.

Apt to note that the Spanish flu took over a million lives! This is, nevertheless, very huge. Millions of families were affected.

Thank God, it passed!

Many have come and passed.

This, too, will pass.

Stop over thinking unnecessarily.

Spanish flu killed 50million not 1million. ie 10% of people infected, at a time the world was not even global, less vulnerable, compared to now.

No one is saying it wouldn't pass. Just a realistic projection of what would happen if its not curtailed soon enough.

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by jham01: 12:21pm On Mar 26, 2020
27th March loading............
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Hezmatosky: 12:22pm On Mar 26, 2020
rapala:

The guy is right he is not wishing people bad. We have close to 300 people in Nigeria that had been effected but government dont want us to be panic that is why they are realising the number gradually..
Dundee
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by linearity: 12:49pm On Mar 26, 2020
MetalJigsaw:
So what s your suggestion

1. There should be at least one CDC labs capable of testing for this virus in each state.
2. Each Hospital in the country should be able to take samples from each symptomatic patient and send to the the CDC lab in their States once a day.
3. Each LGA chairman should be mandated to sensitize their people to either go to the CDC lab or the nearest hospital to get tested if they are having symptoms or have been in contact with someone who test positive.
4. Immediate quarantine for anyone who test positive.
5. Immediate quarantine for at least 14 days for everyone entering the country. Don’t ask them to fill a form and release them.
6. Care for those who test positive.
7. Enforce social distancing.
8. Ministry of Information should fill the airwaves with information through radio, TV, etc and in many languages telling citizens on how best to protect themselves and their families.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by cleish(m): 1:43pm On Mar 26, 2020
Ishilove:
Okay. Did all these travellers return before the airport lockdown or is there a way they're getting in we are unaware of?

over 5 international flights landed at Lagos Airport last night.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by OtotoC: 3:54pm On Mar 26, 2020
[s]
Johans1991:
including you abi?
[/s]
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by yeman1(m): 5:28pm On Mar 26, 2020
Ppl ARE STILL COMING TO NIGERIA WITH THE VIRUS AND BABA SAID HE HAS CLOSED THE BORDER. SO BY END OF THE WEEK IS GOING TO 100 I guess because Nigerian govt has never learned any lesson.. they just want to kill us all.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by yeman1(m): 5:29pm On Mar 26, 2020
cleish:

over 5 international flights landed at Lagos Airport last night.

Jesus Christ

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

11-year-old Girl With Massive Boobs In Sierra Leone Undergoes Surgery (PHOTOS) / Coronavirus In Nigeria: FCT, 8 States At High Risk - WHO / How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.