Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Tips For Those Who Are Still Going Out To Work - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Tips For Those Who Are Still Going Out To Work (733 Views)

How To Find A Job Without Going Out Of Your House / I'm Going Out Of My Mind!!! / For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips For Those Who Are Still Going Out To Work by AbdulAkpan: 5:05am On Mar 26, 2020
Imagine your friends and neighbors are all home, practicing the stay at home recommendations for slowing the spread of the coronavirus outbreak and here comes your boss, insisting that you have to keep leaving your home and going out to work on a daily basis! It is risky but we have realized that even if some cities may be on lockdown, some professionals have to keep working.

We understand that going out to work at this point multiplies the risk of contracting the coronavirus disease. Lingo Africa, the foremost human capital development platform in Abuja, also knows that sometimes situations like these are unavoidable. So, we will offer the following tips for remaining calm and making the best out of a terrible situation;

Protect Yourself – This is a given because we know that by now, as someone who is still going out to work, you will always protect yourself. We reckon you have your hand sanitizer and you always wash your hands with soap and you observe social distancing with people you work with and those in your personal life. So, look to this guide as a reminder.

Stop Rationalizing – It is so easy for you to look at other people who are staying home at this very moment and ask why you have to commit to going out to work each day despite the unsafe circumstances. Please, you need to stop thinking this way. You know why? All industries are not the same, some need to keep running at this time. Especially those who work in services and those whose work helps to alleviate the suffering of the coronavirus victims. The moment you start complaining about your special circumstances is the day you unconsciously turn your back on those who need your help at this moment.

Build Your Resilience – You need to become stronger in the face of the crisis and adjust to going out to work in order to help others. You are the reason many people are able to cope with the situation but are you strong enough to carry such a burden? The anxiety you feel is natural and human, but you can control it and stay calm. Concentrate on the facts of the coronavirus. Stay updated with factual information from the World Health Organization and concentrate on empowering your mind. Practice compassion for others, and always restrict your negative thoughts.

Improvise Transportation Means – If you would normally take a bus which is usually crowded when you go out to work, try driving your own car or walking some reasonable distance or picking up a taxi, so as to maintain some good distance between you and the taxi driver. Crowded places are the easiest ways to transmit the coronavirus. Avoid crowded places including transport vehicles. You must continue to protect yourself as you keep working outside your home.

Avoid Panic If You Become Infected – This is not an easy thing to do, however, you must always remember that there have been recorded cases of recoveries around the world. So, if you detect early symptoms as you go out to work, and it is confirmed that you have become infected, reach out to inform your local CDC and try to manage your symptoms. Chances are, you will come out of it alive. The experts recommend lots of rest, fluids, fruits and veggies as well as self-quarantine to avoid further spread.

Source - https://lingoafrica.com/out-to-work-follow-these-tips-to-protect-yourself-against-coronavirus/

Lingo Africa.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Those Who Are Still Going Out To Work by neutralmind: 5:18am On Mar 26, 2020
Just stay safe....
Re: Tips For Those Who Are Still Going Out To Work by Skyfornia(m): 7:11am On Mar 26, 2020
Just like my brother above me....stay safe
Re: Tips For Those Who Are Still Going Out To Work by lordthree(m): 8:24am On Mar 26, 2020
Thanks OP, really needed to read this post. Currently at work questioning my life choices.

Suing my company if i get this virus sha.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Those Who Are Still Going Out To Work by AbdulAkpan: 8:46am On Mar 26, 2020
Re: Tips For Those Who Are Still Going Out To Work by AbdulAkpan: 4:16pm On Mar 26, 2020
Re: Tips For Those Who Are Still Going Out To Work by AbdulAkpan: 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2020
undecided

(1) (Reply)

yy / Vacancy/recruitment / Which Do You Advise I Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.