Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? (33648 Views)

My Friend Has HIV, But She Recently Had A Blood Test And Is Not Showing anymore / Why Is NCDC still adding discharged cases to their figures for states? / Why Is NCDC Number Not Going? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by sonofthunder: 6:33pm On Mar 26, 2020
Validated:
The National Centre for Disease Control reportage of cases in Nigeria is suspect and lack transparency. I think that this is not the time for propaganda and misinformation or disinformation. Misinformation and the poor reportage make people to be lackadaisical and not take the pandemic serious.
A very vital MISSING information on the NCDC report is Number of Patients tested. The standard world wide is as follows

Number Tested xxxxx
Number of Confirmed Cases xxxxx
Number of Active Cases xxxxx
Number of cases resolved xxxxx
Number of deaths xxxxx

If you look at the NCDC report below, you would agree with me that Number of people tested is MISSING and this is a critical piece of information.
It is frightening to know that some states that may have cases would be living in fools paradise because cases that ought to have been detected are not and such individuals will be spreading it on daily basis.

A World Health Organisation (WHO) report indicated that as of March 22, 2020, Nigeria has tested only 152 persons with a record of (40 positive which represents 26%) while South Africa tested 15,500 with about (702 cases representing 5%). Extrapolating these numbers, you would agree with me that if 15,500 patients were tested in Nigeria just like it is in South Africa, the number would conservatively be between 2-3% or 300 - 450 minimum.

This deceit need to stop. Here is calling on NCDC to be open and transparent in the interest of all and not play politics with peoples' lives.

What are you saying? Is it not people that have symptoms that will be tested?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Iluvmycontr3: 6:36pm On Mar 26, 2020
Kubernetes:
Some crises have a way of humbling us.
Where are those who have dual citizenship or visas in case?

God pass them

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by alezzy13: 6:45pm On Mar 26, 2020
Validated:
The National Centre for Disease Control reportage of cases in Nigeria is suspect and lack transparency. I think that this is not the time for propaganda and misinformation or disinformation. Misinformation and the poor reportage make people to be lackadaisical and not take the pandemic serious.
A very vital MISSING information on the NCDC report is Number of Patients tested. The standard world wide is as follows

Number Tested xxxxx
Number of deaths xxxxx

If you look at the NCDC report below, you would agree with me that Number of people tested is MISSING and this is a critical piece of information.
It is frightening to know that some states that may have cases would be living in fools paradise because cases that ought to have been detected are not and such individuals will be spreading it on daily basis.

A World Health Organisation (WHO) report indicated that as of March 22, 2020, Nigeria has tested only 152 persons with a record of (40 positive which represents 26%) while South Africa tested 15,500 with about (702 cases representing 5%). Extrapolating these numbers, you would agree with me that if 15,500 patients were tested in Nigeria just like it is in South Africa, the number would conservatively be between 2-3% or 300 - 450 minimum.

This deceit need to stop. Here is calling on NCDC to be open and transparent in the interest of all and not play politics with peoples' lives.

You're displaying ignorance here. You should have asked before making false allegations. All the info you need is at their website.

In fact the Twitter clearly DIRECTS YOU TO THE SITE FOR FURTHER DETAILS!!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by clemzo101(m): 6:49pm On Mar 26, 2020
ITbomb:
I would disagree with you

Test are done by almost all the personnel all over the country and it would be waste of time to document each of them (considering the inadequate manpower)

However every confirmed case is escalated to the database because that's where action is needed.
please delete this post.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by clemzo101(m): 6:51pm On Mar 26, 2020
ChelseaDr:

I don't know what you mean by " it would be a waste of time to document each of them (considering the inadequate manpower)"
dont mind him

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by ABCthings: 7:22pm On Mar 26, 2020
greenhulk:

There is nothing like hoarding information to create fear when it comes to coronavirus. When u lie to people not to create fear, many don't take the virus serious hence refuse to take preventive measures. Virus keeps spreading easily and in a few weeks it becomes a full blown outbreak (God forbid). But when u create fear people become more cautious and the rate of spread is reduced. I'm sure right now in Italy only a few people get infected with the virus at the moment. Though they keep having big number of new cases on a daily basis, these are people that have already contracted the virus before the lock down. Some people get the virus but are asymptomatic. They don't show any symptoms and are the most dangerous as they will keep spreading them. This is why WHO advices all countries to carry out as much tests as possible.
true.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by ABCthings: 7:24pm On Mar 26, 2020
MrNipplesLover:
nobody should tell me that they have their stupid reasons for hiding the actual cases.

we need to know what is going on around us.

these stupid people dey make person vex sometimes.
I tell you. their stupidity can boil water.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by ABCthings: 7:29pm On Mar 26, 2020
Ayomarcel:
I'm sure most of you wants this virus to spread to every Nigerians, so you can say we told you.. No country in the world will display accurate number of tested people. Why do they need to waste test kit when they are limited, why waste manpower because they want to tell u.

Every other country wait before the symptoms goes wild like difficulty in breathing before calling u to the hospital to test and treat. What don't u people understand by limited resources. No country has the power to beat this virus.

But, let's drag our government for dragging sake.
Why don't you store the test kits in your room so that they won't be wasted.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Mizwisdom(f): 7:47pm On Mar 26, 2020
ThierryJay:

You are displaying unbelievable ignorance with your statement above, like a madman dancing in full display at the market square. Let me ask you a question, Is it the perception that we are managing it well that really matters or knowledge of the actual extent of the plague so that we can do proper disease control?

The WHO chief has repeatedly stressed that countries need to test and test people continuously. Ghana, our neighbor discovered 40 new cases yesterday from increased level of testing. South Korea, Spain, US and Germany all do over 10,000 tests every day. South Africa has tested over 15,000 persons out of whom 709 are positive.

It is extremely unacceptable and irresponsible that Nigeria has conducted less than 200 tests! for such a disease that is highly contagious. That in itself is putting the general populace at risk of more infections, because many people will think it is not yet serious and not take the necessary precautions!

There is nothing patriotic about misleading the public to create a false perception in the international community.

I hope you have a rethink.

Rumour monger, we have conducted over 700 tests, confirm from NCDC website

https://ncdc.gov.ng/diseases/sitreps/?cat=14&name=An%20update%20of%20COVID-19%20outbreak%20in%20Nigeria
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Mizwisdom(f): 7:50pm On Mar 26, 2020
sonofthunder:

What are you saying? Is it not people that have symptoms that will be tested?

Are you minding them? it's paining them that number of infections are still not alarming. Most of them are prophets of doom, they have been predicting doom for the country since the epidemic started but God pass them.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Mizwisdom(f): 7:56pm On Mar 26, 2020
greenhulk:

There is nothing like hoarding information to create fear when it comes to coronavirus. When u lie to people not to create fear, many don't take the virus serious hence refuse to take preventive measures. Virus keeps spreading easily and in a few weeks it becomes a full blown outbreak (God forbid). But when u create fear people become more cautious and the rate of spread is reduced. I'm sure right now in Italy only a few people get infected with the virus at the moment. Though they keep having big number of new cases on a daily basis, these are people that have already contracted the virus before the lock down. Some people get the virus but are asymptomatic. They don't show any symptoms and are the most dangerous as they will keep spreading them. This is why WHO advices all countries to carry out as much tests as possible.

Seems you want the govt to post lies for your satisfaction? it's so difficult for you to believe that African countries can handle a virus that your colonial masters can't ? it's not our fault that you have been brainwashed, pele.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by rawlineo2000(m): 8:18pm On Mar 26, 2020
Validated:

Number Tested xxxxx
Number of deaths xxxxx

Humans cant be satisfied. And what makes you to think South Africa is telling the truth?
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by linearity: 8:21pm On Mar 26, 2020
ITbomb:

Test are done by almost all the personnel all over the country and it would be waste of time to document each of them (considering the inadequate manpower)

However every confirmed case is escalated to the database because that's where action is needed.

Not true my brother.

You can’t field test for covid-19, at least not yet. All collected samples are sent to the labs....just like the OP was saying, the sample labs that are sending out confirmed cases to CDC I believe also send them the number of tests they have done.

CDC is just withholding that data, most likely because they have tested very few people, at least WHO got the data on the number of people tested, which is below 200; also maybe CDC does not want us to know that, only the few highly connected and those who make a lot of noise on social media get tested.

Each Hospital in Nigeria should be able to collect test samples and send them to the labs for testing, each state CDC office should at least have a designated test lab.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by ThierryJay: 8:43pm On Mar 26, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Rumour monger, we have conducted over 700 tests, confirm from NCDC website

https://ncdc.gov.ng/diseases/sitreps/?cat=14&name=An%20update%20of%20COVID-19%20outbreak%20in%20Nigeria

A measly 700?? since the Italian man tested positive about ONE MONTH ago? South Africa that recorded its first case much after 9ja has tested over 16,000 persons. Ghana, our next door neighbours, that we like to brag over, have tested several thousands. And you are here jumping up over 700??

It's official. U re an irredeemable dunce!

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Mizwisdom(f): 8:53pm On Mar 26, 2020
ThierryJay:

A measly 700?? since the Italian man tested positive about ONE MONTH ago? South Africa that recorded its first case much after 9ja has tested over 16,000 persons. Ghana, our next door neighbours, that we like to brag over, have tested several thousands. And you are here jumping up over 700??

You seem pained and disappointed that the virus isn't spreading as you hoped,
I usually won't respond to posts from people who seem daft but let me advice you if you suspect that you've got infected with the virus go to any of their centres and get yourself tested but you must be showing symptoms of the disease since kits are limited. Good luck
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by endi4real: 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2020
The earlier you stop reasoning through your anus, the better.... If the so called 'personnel' can test 'all over the country', how come documenting the test then becomes a problem..?
They have time to go all over the country to test but do not have time to document it...ewu!
Commenting is not by force...if you had kept quiet we wouldn't have known you suffer this much intellectual deficit.

ITbomb:

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by abdullkabar(m): 9:55pm On Mar 26, 2020
Seeing some comments makes you wonder!!!!
Stay home!!!!!
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Kubernetes: 11:08pm On Mar 26, 2020
nairalanduseles:

Bad belle how people with dual citizen take do u

Na then say make u no get your own

At the end of the day dem own still better

Don't play yourself

Number of death in Lagos daily still pass all the figures we are seeing in Italy

Can you just write a simple sentence.
Don't seemed to understand crap you are typing.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by ThierryJay: 11:09pm On Mar 26, 2020
Mizwisdom:

You seem pained and disappointed that the virus isn't spreading as you hoped,
I usually won't respond to posts from people who seem daft but let me advice you if you suspect that you've got infected with the virus go to any of their centres and get yourself tested but you must be showing symptoms of the disease since kits are limited. Good luck

You are extremely dumb to think the virus isn't spreading already, just because people are yet to show symptoms, given that the incubation period is up to two weeks. Even when you yourself admitted to showing symptoms before you get tested, meaning that it would already be in people's system before they show symptoms.

Why is Nigeria having limited kits and SA and Ghana aren't? Isn't that an indicator of our incompetence??

Jeez, arguing with you is lowering my IQ already.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by sonofthunder: 11:12pm On Mar 26, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Are you minding them? it's paining them that number of infections are still not alarming. Most of them are prophets of doom, they have been predicting doom for the country since the epidemic started but God pass them.

It's well my dear. This orientation is quiet disturbing.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Fulcrum15: 11:15pm On Mar 26, 2020
Validated:

Number Tested xxxxx
Number of deaths xxxxx

Spot on
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by nairalanduseles: 11:38pm On Mar 26, 2020
Kubernetes:

Can you just write a simple sentence.
Don't seemed to understand crap you are typing.

Not my fault you can't comprehend......... you got no education
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Iminimious231(m): 12:26am On Mar 27, 2020
Someone should pls help us talk to This govt, is it that there is no opposition anymore??
I thought this is what they should be doing to gain the trust of the people again....
Maybe when people start dropping dead in streets, our government will know that they don spoil something

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Kubernetes: 10:29am On Mar 27, 2020
nairalanduseles:

Not my fault you can't comprehend......... you got no education

Actually not your fault.
Blame them who raised you under the bridge as uch languages are synonymous with street hawkers.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by nairalanduseles: 11:25am On Mar 27, 2020
Kubernetes:

Actually not your fault.
Blame them who raised you under the bridge as uch languages are synonymous with street hawkers.

Street hawker

But not a graduate

Who rather begs than work
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by zinaunreal(m): 4:10pm On Mar 27, 2020
Questions concerning future events on the health, concerning investments, finance, property, position, occupation, domestic and social affairs and relationships: in fact anything which seems to make the future bleek and you need answers , i can be of help. I also provide special information to acquire luck always in life.

See my world & country predictions here

https://www.nairaland.com/5625088/state-nation-state-world-predictions

Whatsapp: 07067282882
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 28, 2020
alienvirus:
[/s][s]
Where did you misplace your cerebral matter uncle?
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by Ayomarcel(m): 11:16am On Apr 04, 2020
ABCthings:
Why don't you store the test kits in your room so that they won't be wasted.

You're a big fool let me educate you. A country has less than 1million test kit, how will they test a population of over 200m? They can only test u when it gets critical to save resources for those who need it more. Why are so dense? Some people have sore throat and they think they should get tested by wasting a test kit.

Think next time.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? by ABCthings: 9:54pm On Apr 04, 2020
Ayomarcel:

You're a big fool let me educate you. A country has less than 1million test kit, how will they test a population of over 200m? They can only test u when it gets critical to save resources for those who need it more. Why are so dense? Some people have sore throat and they think they should get tested by wasting a test kit.

Think next time.
I'm the instruments must be used to their maximum capacity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Common Unnoticed Causes Of Kidney Ailments. / 6-Year-old Boko Haram Victim Shocked Dubai Doctors Begins To Walk (Photos) / Nosy Ude: How I Beat Cancer In 8 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.