Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,147 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure (39020 Views)

COVID-19: FG Considering ‘Isolated Lockdowns’ As Cases Hit 5,621 / Covid-19: Nigeria Didn’t Ask Madagascar For Cure, They Gave Us ― FG / Facebook Is Developing New Tools For Researchers To Track If Social Distancing I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by chairmanawe(m): 2:06pm On Mar 26, 2020
I hope they will also provide research grants for them
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by blowjohn(m): 2:07pm On Mar 26, 2020
usah4:

And what if there is no serious minded people to go look for the cure, as for me there's no harm in trying so they should do what they are suppose to do not to sit there and expect a miracle to fall from somewhere..
If them do we go say deh no sabi..... Now dem deh try do something you deh complain
Lets just encourage them please and always pray for a better result.

Nooo. The money will just be wasted.
It now that we know we have scientists.
Abeg let them channel the money into equipping our hospitals
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by gbami(m): 2:08pm On Mar 26, 2020
Idiots...Lassa Fever That is an indigenous disease caused rats infected by a virus can't be cured or a vaccine can't be developed yet it has been killing people for years....Now you want to find a cure or a vaccine for Corona virus that started 3months ago...
Just looking for a way to open to open shop from FG...

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by extol1(m): 2:08pm On Mar 26, 2020
if not that they stole my biology textbook in secondary school, what is coronavirus that I won't have find the cure for it
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by bluefilm: 2:08pm On Mar 26, 2020
But I thought ASUU is on strike?! cheesy
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Kimzo: 2:09pm On Mar 26, 2020
For them to find the cure, they will not to appease the gods... With at least ten fair skin girls
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by matel(m): 2:10pm On Mar 26, 2020
Make dem go sleep jare....dem dey find how dem wan take thief money
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by blowjohn(m): 2:11pm On Mar 26, 2020
playapayaski:
Whole world waiting on science for a cure n looking at doctors n nurses for healthcare.. Test some useless deluded set of people would say "school na scam"..
May ur millions save you now, billionaires, footballers, artistes and all entertainment industry pausing and hoping for scientific response..

School is still scam in this part of the world.
Are the nurses and doctors still not infected?
The money they are using to help stop the spread of the virus, is it from the pockets of doctors and nurses?
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by israelmao(m): 2:11pm On Mar 26, 2020
How is budgeted for R&grin?
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Lovelyn451(f): 2:12pm On Mar 26, 2020
U sure say US never hijack prof. Iwu's invention? Or are they not done with the screening? They will soon release it and say America has found the cure
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Dbiz1111(m): 2:12pm On Mar 26, 2020
grin

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by foreshore(m): 2:13pm On Mar 26, 2020
NextD18:
Una never cure malaria for Nigeria, Na Covid una wan cure.

See your life!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by bizhop01: 2:14pm On Mar 26, 2020
Funny people
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by GambaOsaka: 2:15pm On Mar 26, 2020
Islie:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/03/26/covid-19-fg-deploys-nigerian-researchers-to-search-for-cure/

Photo: Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu

Bunch of jokers...
Ordinary Hand sanitizers can't be produced in Nigerian universities except in UNN, he is talking of finding a cure.
While the academia in others countries are busy working day and night to stop this conoid 19 scourge, ASUU is on strike.
Failed nation.
CURE KOOR.... CURRY NI
MTCHEW.....

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Urchman200: 2:15pm On Mar 26, 2020
Greyworld:
This sounds funny to me. Not like I mean to insult any body o, but I think it's better the FG disburse some of the money intended for this to buying Ventilators and hand sanitizers and PPE.

Then the balance should be saved carefully to import the Covid-19 virus vaccines when serious minded people eventually gets them ready.

While the Nigerian Institute of one thing one thing should kindly go back to its usually Hybernation. In fact they should all self isolote.
lol
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Broadenyourhori: 2:15pm On Mar 26, 2020
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by tatatar: 2:16pm On Mar 26, 2020
Emmanuelhector:
Too bad but it’s fact
So you think the reason we're going to Mecca is to think of you all day,you think too highly of yourselves.The virus originated from your stupid eating habits in the first place.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Alexandro15: 2:16pm On Mar 26, 2020
It is so bad that we don't even value our own doctors, nurses and medical researchers.

We have good doctors and medical personnels, but we don't celebrate them.

For example, a viriologist at Ibadan made a groundbreaking discovery on Hepatitis, and she was invited to different parts of the world to give conferences.
Again, a neurosurgeon at Abuja shared that Nigerians do not always trust him when he wants to perform a surgery. And yet, sometimes hospitals abroad invites him to perform operations. When he gets there, thw patients are the Nigerians that rejected him.

Please, we should learn to value our own. Nigeria has good and intelligent doctors, even with the lack of facilities and equipments.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Jide11CAC: 2:17pm On Mar 26, 2020
Comedy skit from our federal government.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by AnitaJoseph: 2:20pm On Mar 26, 2020
alienvirus:
Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said

"If you hear of an outbreak of plague in a land, do not enter it; but if the plague breaks out in a place while you are in it, do not leave that place."

If mankind had adhered to this advice, the whole world won't be in this mess. Yet, it is the solution adopted by everyone.

For those that are not happy that the message was from the noblest of mankind, you can do yourself a good by kissing a high tension.

Quote me unnecessarily and get your comment crossed. No time for nonsense. I am the MOD of my post.

We are not happy because it came from a child rapist

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Horlami247: 2:20pm On Mar 26, 2020
Lemme just sleep and find cure to this time for my dream..
$50m will be my demand from WHO plus, world recognition and free entry and exit into any country..
In fact wat am I saying, Automatically anybody wey know corona in go knw me.

I will now state demanding acct number from nairalanders one by one to give share..

Hmmmmm, enu dun rofó(any body can cook vegetables with mouth) grin
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 26, 2020
well, they better get to work figuring out if the low mortality is because of under reporting or a different variable.
because our lack of measurable deaths must mean something
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by alienvirus: 2:20pm On Mar 26, 2020
[s]
AnitaJoseph:

We are not happy because it came from a child rapist
[/s]
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by walexGodson(m): 2:21pm On Mar 26, 2020
Set awon jokers�
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Urchman200: 2:21pm On Mar 26, 2020
bmdmixer:
he was an igbo man so i said igbo man, if he were an yoruba man i will still mention yoruba, why e dey pain u?
he has name u have used his name to drive ur point, u called him because is time to make mockery,if he been celebrated u will call him Nigerian. U are an example of a bigot.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Commonsense99: 2:22pm On Mar 26, 2020
With I pass my neighbour generator?
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Dareal90s(m): 2:22pm On Mar 26, 2020
Kylekent59:

Why mention "Igbo man" ?

you should have skipped the Igbo man and continue with your comment.

I am 100% sure you come from the west, because I know a Northerner can't type such.
Is he not an Igbo man? Iwu himself can't deny being an Igbo man. I am a Yoruba man, eehn what does that mean? Am a proud one to d core.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by Shimran(m): 2:22pm On Mar 26, 2020
alienvirus:
Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said

"If you hear of an outbreak of plague in a land, do not enter it; but if the plague breaks out in a place while you are in it, do not leave that place."

If mankind had adhered to this advice, the whole world won't be in this mess. Yet, it is the solution adopted by everyone.

For those that are not happy that the message was from the noblest of mankind, you can do yourself a good by kissing a high tension.

Quote me unnecessarily and get your comment crossed. No time for nonsense. I am the MOD of my post.
Good day;
ادْعُ إِلَىٰ سَبِيلِ رَبِّكَ بِالْحِكْمَةِ وَالْمَوْعِظَةِ الْحَسَنَةِ ۖ وَجَادِلْهُم بِالَّتِي هِيَ أَحْسَنُ ۚ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ هُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِمَن ضَلَّ عَن سَبِيلِهِ ۖ وَهُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِالْمُهْتَدِينَ - 16:125
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by RapistOnBail: 2:22pm On Mar 26, 2020
legitnow:
THE BLACK MAN HAS NO BRAIN.

A VERY DAFT SOMEBODY.
Stfu.
Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by AnitaJoseph: 2:22pm On Mar 26, 2020
alienvirus:
?

Silly Muhammedian

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG Deploys Nigerian Researchers To Search For Cure by alienvirus: 2:23pm On Mar 26, 2020
[s]
AnitaJoseph:

Silly Muhammedian
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Common Reasons People Die In Their Sleep / Woman Who Carries Oxygen Tank For Survival Flies To India For Surgery. Photos / Conjoined Twin Born At UNTH (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.