Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating (7771 Views)

Which Internet Is Best For Lagos? / Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians / Meet New Nokia 3310 With 3G Network That Cost Around N30,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by dreamwords: 8:07am On Mar 26, 2020
mtn used to be very fast before to browse the internet with, , nowadays is very slow for browsing,
In fact i have to off and on my data severally to establish a connections which still remains slow and a pain in the ass,
I have decided to remove mtn sim card from my phone in place of Airtel sim,
As a matter of fact, Airtel 4g is bae grin...., supper fast, i must say,
Probably mtn server has been infected by covid 1-9

9 Likes

Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by imam07: 8:37am On Mar 26, 2020
Nothing like 4g network in naija. We are still on 3g.all those 4g networks u see around are just animation. Mtn and others are cheats in Nigeria and this stupid minister that supposed to put things right have been bribed by gsm companies. All his initial gra gra nothing to show.

6 Likes

Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by MJBOLT: 8:46am On Mar 26, 2020
maybe it's your location,over fast dey worry my MTN here.my data don almost finish sef

1 Like

Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by Mark9854(m): 9:37am On Mar 26, 2020
dreamwords:
mtn used to very fast before to browse the internet with, , nowadays is very slow for browsing,
In fact i have to off and on my data severally to establish a connections which still remains slow and a pain in the ass,
I have decided to remove mtn aim card from my phone in place of Airtel sim,
As a matter of fact, Airtel 4g is bae grin....
Probably mtn server has ben infection by covid 1-9
Probably your location and please stop making Covid-19 jokes... Because it hasn't affected you yet doesn't mean it's a joke. Stay Safe.

2 Likes

Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by shedy03(m): 11:05am On Mar 26, 2020
dreamwords:
mtn used to very fast before to browse the internet with, , nowadays is very slow for browsing,
I have decided to remove mtn aim card from my phone in place of Airtel sim,
As a matter of fact, Airtel 4g is bae grin....
Probably mtn server has ben infection by covid 1-9
At my location, it's not just slow but very unstable..
My sim & phone are both 4G, but MTN rarely show 4G. It's mostly either H+ or no data network at all.
Airtel is the saviour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by Olamyyde(m): 12:09pm On Mar 26, 2020
Asin. Playing online games with mtn 4G is a nightmarish experience.

6 Likes

Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by dreamwords: 1:48pm On Mar 26, 2020
imam07:
Nothing like 4g network in naija. We are still on 3g.all those 4g networks u see around are just animation. Mtn and others are cheats in Nigeria and this stupid minister that supposed to put things right have been bribed by gsm companies. All his initial gra gra nothing to show.
Airtel is 4g lte,
Compare it with the same 4g speed obtainable in other western countries, same speed
Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by dreamwords: 1:49pm On Mar 26, 2020
Olamyyde:
Asin. Playing online games with mtn 4G is a nightmarish experience.
Try Airtel and be happy

1 Like

Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by imam07: 2:05pm On Mar 26, 2020
dreamwords:

Airtel is 4g lte,
Compare it with the same 4g speed obtainable in other western countries, same speed
have u been to other countries to test it yourself?
Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by dreamwords: 2:07pm On Mar 26, 2020
imam07:
have u been to other countries to test it yourself?
That question should be directed to you,
Why do u say we dont have 4g ilte in Nigerian, huh?

1 Like

Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by charlesm91(m): 12:00am On Mar 28, 2020
Same here. Even with lte i can’t stream YouTube video without hiccups at ordinary 360p res. Browsing too isn’t stable.

5 Likes

Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by stanboy28(m): 12:45am On Mar 28, 2020
Look..mtn has been superb in my location over the years but now..its trash..its not even whether the is strong signal or what ever..I live directly close to a very huge mtn mast..but their network has deteriorated so badly that its comparable to glo now..
I use to get up to 2MB or 3MB per second but towards the end of last year till now their network has been trash..
I switched to mtn because of my PES 20 online and other online games I play but now its trash..
I can't count the amount of time I have been kicked out of call of duty battle royale because of their trash network..
And recently I notices their 3g is fasted than the LTE..I don't know why but atimes am able to pull up to 900KB or 1.2MB per second on speed but over all..mtn is so freaking poor now..

6 Likes

Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by chiboy1116: 1:40pm On Mar 28, 2020
What do u expect , a lot of guys are online.
Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by dreamwords: 11:25pm On Mar 28, 2020
charlesm91:
Same here. Even with lte i can’t stream YouTube video without hiccups at ordinary 360p res. Browsing too isn’t stable.
Mtn needs to work in their server,
Gone are those days when mtn was fast, now glo and mtn are now in the same slow network

3 Likes

Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by arejibadz(m): 1:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
I think say na only me ever since corona start mtn network has been shit
Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by bravesoul247(m): 4:14pm On Mar 29, 2020
You should have used Airtel instead

1 Like

Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by Lstar4real(m): 4:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
MTN 4g disappeared on my phone for some days now...even the H+ is very slow worst than Glo.....Just switch To Airtel tongue
Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by KCode: 8:10pm On Mar 29, 2020
I also experienced terrible 3G speeds a few days ago. But it's back and better now. The truth is: do not depend on only one network.

2 Likes

Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by ssgi4in1(m): 3:20pm On Apr 14, 2020
stanboy28:
Look..mtn has been superb in my location over the years but now..its trash..its not even whether the is strong signal or what ever..I live directly close to a very huge mtn mast..but their network has deteriorated so badly that its comparable to glo now..
I use to get up to 2MB or 3MB per second but towards the end of last year till now their network has been trash..
I switched to mtn because of my PES 20 online and other online games I play but now its trash..
I can't count the amount of time I have been kicked out of call of duty battle royale because of their trash network..
And recently I notices their 3g is fasted than the LTE..I don't know why but atimes am able to pull up to 900KB or 1.2MB per second on speed but over all..mtn is so freaking poor now..

I am happy I am not alone. MTN is a big mess now. I used to be very proud of their 4G but not anymore. The previous 3.5g is way faster than the so called 4G now. I think it started towards the beginning of this year when they had some network challenge. They are still unable to recover. My Note 10+ is a single sim else I would have loved to try airtel.
Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by soles21(m): 5:14pm On Apr 14, 2020
It seems all of you stay in one particular area
Cuz where I stay, mtn is da bomb I get up to 10mb/s. There was once I downloaded 1.5gb file under a minute. Sorry about what you guys are experiencing
Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by Whois(m): 2:48am On Apr 15, 2020
bravesoul247:
You should have used Airtel instead
ATM, Airtel is a no go area o. Don't be a wicked somebody
Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by shogsman(m): 12:51pm On Apr 15, 2020
Mtn is almost unbearable in my area,I used to record like 4-7mb per seconds when I'm downloading but now it barely reach 700kb
Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by ssgi4in1(m): 9:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
ssgi4in1:

I am happy I am not alone. MTN is a big mess now. I used to be very proud of their 4G but not anymore. The previous 3.5g is way faster than the so called 4G now. I think it started towards the beginning of this year when they had some network challenge. They are still unable to recover. My Note 10+ is a single sim else I would have loved to try airtel.

I did a speed test of the mtn 4g in my area. This guys are damn wicked. You can see the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFihT6q_O4I

1 Like

Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by charlesm91(m): 9:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
True, not only you. I noticed as well cos streaming YouTube even at 360p is a task. Playing online isn’t consistent and gets choppy at times.
Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by Nellsworld(m): 9:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
At least mtn 3g is far beta than airtel 4g in Asaba, airtel was the best but since coro came, they the worst, mtn 4g have not been the best in Asaba the 3g is faster than their 4g, right now glo is the king in asaba
Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by sunshineV(f): 10:51pm On Apr 15, 2020
That's because 5G is on its way
Re: Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating by Sagofure: 9:21am On Jun 25, 2023
Hello @dreamworks, I would like to discuss with you something personal about a top on health you posted. Pls check your message and accept DM or send me your whatsapp. Pls it’s important

(1) (Reply)

Permant Iphone Unlock,samsung,nokia Lumia,xperia,bb10 + Free Fmi & Carrier Check / Pls And Pls Never Compare Tecno Phones With Iphone Or Samsung / I Want To Choose Between Tecno L8+, Tecno Boom J8 Or Gionee M5 Mini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.