Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,800 members, 7,806,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases (35728 Views)

Keyamo Cautions NLC, TUC Against Politicising Protest / Police Arrest 2 Pastors As Masterminds Of ESN’s Killings, Violence In South-East / Nigeria Increases AFDB Rights Before Presidency Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Meteng: 11:14am On Mar 26, 2020
donbachi:
Why is the church the problem of everyone?
And he can't advice imams like this o
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:17am On Mar 26, 2020
athaboi:
Na only pastors get large crowd abi..let's wait till Friday first
I swear it's very irritating. I always say it, Christianity will not be destroyed by BH or any external enemy but the enemy within. On Friday, I was in a particular town in the north not far from Abuja. These guys still blocked the roads to pray and I didn't see any Muslim on twitter insulting them. But look at the way Oyedepo was bashed for holding service in an enclosed place where social distancing was observed. Next thing us arewa forum coming out to call for his arrest.
The docility and imbecility of most Christians may is unbelievable.
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by donbachi(m): 11:17am On Mar 26, 2020
Meteng:
And he can't advice imams like this o
u wan make dem open him case file.
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:19am On Mar 26, 2020
Ayoefa:
[s][/s]

The man just spoke thr truth and you are here wailing and crying like a lunatic.
This govt took actions even when most countries around the world were not even doing jack. Stop spreading lies and propaganda.
Kindly tell us the actions they took
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:22am On Mar 26, 2020
Nifemi2512:
If to stay away from church religious/public gathering will ease or prevent this disaster, then it should be no issue. And anyone who disregard, should face the wrath of the law. Chikena!!!
Church did not bring coronavirus
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Ayoefa: 11:28am On Mar 26, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Kindly tell us the actions they took

I landed at MMA on the 27th of last month from Atlanta. Prior to our landing we were given form to fill out. Once we landed they checked each and everyone for temps and any other signs of fever. This was Feburary 27 about a month ago.
The US that I just came back from had ZERO of such things in place.
Back then some were saying checking temps was just a joke, even today, that's the only way to check at airports around the world unless a full scale test is required by people who are showing real symptoms.

Some.said they should have closed the airport, even if you say foreigners can't come in, you cannot prevent your own citizens from traveling back to their country. No country is preventing their citizens from flying back to their countries.
As of this minute, only one foreigner has brought Coronavirus to Nigeria, the rest are Nigerians.
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by InvertedHammer: 11:47am On Mar 26, 2020
/
Don't forget that the image of Almighty God is a whiteman with a long, grey beard while Satan is a black man with two horns and a rake.

Any black soul that doesn't see any problem in these narratives ( as forced down their throat since childhood) is a mistake of a being.

\
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by FLYFIRE(m): 11:47am On Mar 26, 2020
Ayoefa:

Mumu, your brain is already in isolation. You need a jumper cable to restart your brain. Dumbo.
Go cure your madness before you come online...DRUG DEALER THAT WILL BE ARRESTED SOON
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Johans1991: 1:17pm On Mar 26, 2020
superlanny:
Anybody from this incompetent and useless government, should just STFU, before Covid-19 will locate him or her, when they were meant to take action, they were mumuing around.
Nonsense
while some fools were saying there is no Corona virus in Nigeria and that the government is using that to steal more money where were you. I believe you are one of them.
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Qadaffi2idiamin: 1:25pm On Mar 26, 2020
So all these imams that have been holding prayers are not useless abi?

What is exactly the problem with the church..

There was a time when Christians were crusaders, these proxy Muslims should not forget.

They will be the ones to run to UN to beg for peace talk at the end and they know it.

Coronababa is in Aso Rock. Useless gov should deal with it and shut up
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by StivoeDevoe: 2:31pm On Mar 26, 2020
my take here is not all about shorting down Christians worship a lone .

federal government give directive for all gathering not only christian worship

but as i speak with you here in kano by they will start calling for there own prayer has any one stop them

in dukawuya kofar famfo here the almagiri school is still going every day evening

depriving christian from worshiping is not a head way for this issue

close border our border is still open for outsider to come in to this country
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by PapaAdanna: 2:43pm On Mar 26, 2020
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Meteng: 2:44pm On Mar 26, 2020
donbachi:
u wan make dem open him case file.
cheesy
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by OtotoC: 3:16pm On Mar 26, 2020
[s]
Johans1991:
while some fools were saying there is no Corona virus in Nigeria and that the government is using that to steal more money where were you. I believe you are one of them.
[/s]
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:42pm On Mar 26, 2020
Ayoefa:

I landed at MMA on the 27th of last month from Atlanta. Prior to our landing we were given form to fill out. Once we landed they checked each and everyone for temps and any other signs of fever. This was Feburary 27 about a month ago.
The US that I just came back from had ZERO of such things in place.
Back then some were saying checking temps was just a joke, even today, that's the only way to check at airports around the world unless a full scale test is required by people who are showing real symptoms.

Some.said they should have closed the airport, even if you say foreigners can't come in, you cannot prevent your own citizens from traveling back to their country. No country is preventing their citizens from flying back to their countries.
As of this minute, only one foreigner has brought Coronavirus to Nigeria, the rest are Nigerians.
Do you know what US did when the virus first broke out in China in January ending? They banned all flights from China and evacuated their citizens from Wuhan. The evacuated citizens were quarantined for fourteen days. This is because they know that temperature alone does not determine if someone has coronavirus or not and of course people are liable to lie in giving information which can potentially restrict their movement.
What did Nigeria do? They refused to evacuate their citizens from Wuhan and ban flights from China. Same with European countries. If they had all done what US did, Chances are that the virus will have been limited to China and we won't have the kind of situation we have now.
What Nigeria did at the airports was a protocol for Ebola. But dis is not Ebola. It's not as deadly but more contagious. Temperature is not an effective determinant.
In delaying border closure, Nigeria opened itself up to the same situation we have presently in Europe all in a bid to not displease our loving China. Even when people were coming in from Europe which had become badly affected, we were allowing them in after checking temperature. The result is what we have now. So you see, all that you saw at the airport was just activity that was leading nowhere.
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Ayoefa: 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Do you know what US did when the virus first broke out in China in January ending? They banned all flights from China and evacuated their citizens from Wuhan. The evacuated citizens were quarantined for fourteen days. This is because they know that temperature alone does not determine if someone has coronavirus or not and of course people are liable to lie in giving information which can potentially restrict their movement.
What did Nigeria do? They refused to evacuate their citizens from Wuhan and ban flights from China. Same with European countries. If they had all done what US did, Chances are that the virus will have been limited to China and we won't have the kind of situation we have now.
What Nigeria did at the airports was a protocol for Ebola. But dis is not Ebola. It's not as deadly but more contagious. Temperature is not an effective determinant.
In delaying border closure, Nigeria opened itself up to the same situation we have presently in Europe all in a bid to not displease our loving China. Even when people were coming in from Europe which had become badly affected, we were allowing them in after checking temperature. The result is what we have now. So you see, all that you saw at the airport was just activity that was leading nowhere.

First, Nigeria does not have direct flights to and from China hence there's no need for banning them. Even though US airlines such as Delta stopped flying to China you can still fly to any other parts of the world from China and connect to the US. The US govt did not ban flights from China, they simply advised against traveling to China. The airlines decided that they were no longer flying to China for couple of reasons, safety of their crew, passengers and very low demand for tickets to China.
The temperature check that you are downplaying is still the only method used even in China up to this very minute, go to any airport in the world, they will check for high temperatures. It's only when others symptoms are available that more intense test are performed.
Like I said before, I left the US in the 27th of February and their were ZERO precautions at the Airport. It was weeks later that Atlanta and 12 other airports started doing the same thing you are downplaying like checking for temps and asking questions about where and where passengers have been before arriving in the US.
Yes IS did evacuate some citizens from China but Nigeria and most countries in the world did not. This is not a compulsory move.
No country including the US has closed its borders to its citizens, I as an American can still enter the US today if I can find my way back to the US. I just prefer to stay in Nigeria during this difficult times.
If the US did perfectly as you want us to believe, how come we have so many cases on the US of infections and deaths which is going up on daily basis.
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Antichristus: 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2020
He lost his integrity having colluded with Buhari, the C-in-C of the deadly terrorist cell, Boko Haram.
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by EvangelistChuks(m): 6:38pm On Mar 26, 2020
donbachi:
Why is the church the problem of everyone?
ask them. They won't talk about mosque. Anyway Christ louder it that as they hated Him so shall the world hate us( the Church). Not borderd only concerned about the lost souls involved.
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Legendguru: 6:41pm On Mar 26, 2020
Fake pastors
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:43pm On Mar 26, 2020
Ayoefa:

First, Nigeria does not have direct flights to and from China hence there's no need for banning them. Even though US airlines such as Delta stopped flying to China you can still fly to any other parts of the world from China and connect to the US. The US govt did not ban flights from China, they simply advised against traveling to China. The airlines decided that they were no longer flying to China for couple of reasons, safety of their crew, passengers and very low demand for tickets to China.
The temperature check that you are downplaying is still the only method used even in China up to this very minute, go to any airport in the world, they will check for high temperatures. It's only when others symptoms are available that more intense test are performed.
Like I said before, I left the US in the 27th of February and their were ZERO precautions at the Airport. It was weeks later that Atlanta and 12 other airports started doing the same thing you are downplaying like checking for temps and asking questions about where and where passengers have been before arriving in the US.
Yes IS did evacuate some citizens from China but Nigeria and most countries in the world did not. This is not a compulsory move.
No country including the US has closed its borders to its citizens, I as an American can still enter the US today if I can find my way back to the US. I just prefer to stay in Nigeria during this difficult times.
If the US did perfectly as you want us to believe, how come we have so many cases on the US of infections and deaths which is going up on daily basis.
There are flights from Nigeria to China and even if there are not, travel restrictions could have been put in place for China just as we have now.
Here's a link detailing Trump's ban on China and even travel restrictions on certain category of people coming from China though indirect flights: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/davekeating/2020/03/12/italy-banned-flights-from-china-before-americait-didnt-work/amp/
Like I said and you should also agree if you're conversant with the coronavirus matter, temperature checks have not helped because people can be infected, contagious and be asymptomatic. Right now, almost all countries have closed their borders. If temperature checks were effective, there'll be need for that. Even lockdowns and stay-at-homes will not be required. But all these are required because you can be infected and not run a fever or high temperature.
That Nigeria and a bunch of countries decided to be clueless does not validate their position of not evacuating their citizens and blocking flights from China. If they had done that, we most probably won't be where we are now as they closing their borders now shows they were wrong to leave it open initially. Deal with that.
The US was affected by the refusal of European countries to ban travel to and from China. Trump highlighted that recently. Which is why he added 26 European nations to the ban.
Question you can ask is why Nigeria with its poor health system waited for other countries to institute travel restrictions and border closure before it did same.
Good you said "IF you can find your way back" because you simply can't anymore. All borders are closed citizen or not.
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by donbachi(m): 6:48pm On Mar 26, 2020
EvangelistChuks:
ask them. They won't talk about mosque. Anyway Christ louder it that as they hated Him so shall the world hate us( the Church). Not borderd only concerned about the lost souls involved.

Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Ayoefa: 7:05pm On Mar 26, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

There are flights from Nigeria to China and even if there are not, travel restrictions could have been put in place for China just as we have now.
Here's a link detailing Trump's ban on China and even travel restrictions on certain category of people coming from China though indirect flights: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/davekeating/2020/03/12/italy-banned-flights-from-china-before-americait-didnt-work/amp/
Like I said and you should also agree if you're conversant with the coronavirus matter, temperature checks have not helped because people can be infected, contagious and be asymptomatic. Right now, almost all countries have closed their borders. If temperature checks were effective, there'll be need for that. Even lockdowns and stay-at-homes will not be required. But all these are required because you can be infected and not run a fever or high temperature.
That Nigeria and a bunch of countries decided to be clueless does not validate their position of not evacuating their citizens and blocking flights from China. If they had done that, we most probably won't be where we are now as they closing their borders now shows they were wrong to leave it open initially. Deal with that.
The US was affected by the refusal of European countries to ban travel to and from China. Trump highlighted that recently. Which is why he added 26 European nations to the ban.
Question you can ask is why Nigeria with its poor health system waited for other countries to institute travel restrictions and border closure before it did same.
Good you said "IF you can find your way back" because you simply can't anymore. All borders are closed citizen or not.

If temperature checks are not effective how come they are still in use even in China. Not sure if you are aware that the most common symptoms so far is fever with high temps. High temp is present in 98%of those having showing symptoms for Coronavirus. That is the single most common denorminator among those infected by Coronavirus. Not only that, that's the only common way to check besides doing a full blown test which even Trump has not been able to deliver to all that needs one right now.
Funny you are trying to blame Trumps failures on the Europeans, why did he ban them earlier? Why did he wait until there are infections in the US. It seems to me that you are willing to give Trump with all the intelligence availble to him some leeway but none to the Nigerian govt who took actions at the Nigerian airports while Trump did jack nothing at the US airports.

This is from the same FORBES about lying TRUMP

"Speaking to the nation last night, U.S. President Donald Trump said a ban on Europeans entering the United States is necessary because Europe hadn’t banned flights from China early as the U.S. had done.

“The European Union failed to take the same precautions and restrict travel from China and other hot spots as a result a large number of new clusters were seeded by travellers from Europe,” he said.

But virtually every part of this statement is untrue.

Italy imposed a ban on flights from China on 31 January, immediately after a Chinese couple in Rome tested positive for the virus. The U.S. began to restrict flights from China four days later. But while Italy enacted a full ban, the U.S. policy was only a restriction, with wide exemptions."

In fact, Italy banned flights from China even before the US. Italy did on Jan 31 and the US on Feb 4th still with many wide exceptions that allowed people into the US.

Lastly, you can't enter Nigeria today also unless you are able to find some way to get here, all flights are banned just like in the US too.
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Ayoefa: 7:22pm On Mar 26, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

[b]Speaking to the nation last night, U.S. President Donald Trump said a ban on Europeans entering the United States is necessary because Europe hadn’t banned flights from China early as the U.S. had done.

“The European Union failed to take the same precautions and restrict travel from China and other hot spots as a result a large number of new clusters were seeded by travellers from Europe,” he said.

Italy imposed a ban on flights from China on 31 January, immediately after a Chinese couple in Rome tested positive for the virus. The U.S. began to restrict flights from China four days later. But while Italy enacted a full ban, the U.S. policy was only a restriction, with wide exemptions.

On February 4 the U.S. State Department issued a level 4 travel advisory mandating that foreign citizens who had been to China be turned away, and Americans who had been to China must undergo screening and possibly be put in quarantine for 14 days. But the restrictions contained wide exemptions, largely because of fears over the economic impacts of a full ban. Flight routes between the U.S. and China have been steadily cancelled over the past month, but in a piecemeal fashion and at the discretion of airlines.

By contrast, the Italian ban four days earlier was complete, with no exemptions. Italy was the first and only EU country to have a flight ban from China, and yet the country is now the epicenter of the Coronavirus outbreak in Europe with the highest number of cases outside China.

[/b]

Also, it's not true that you cannot enter the US if you are a US citizen. Same thing with Nigeria, you can get back in if you can find your way to the border.
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:32pm On Mar 26, 2020
Ayoefa:

If temperature checks are not effective how come they are still in use even in China. Not sure if you are aware that the most common symptoms so far is fever with high temps. High temp is present in 98%of those having showing symptoms for Coronavirus. That is the single most common denorminator among those infected by Coronavirus. Not only that, that's the only common way to check besides doing a full blown test which even Trump has not been able to deliver to all that needs one right now.
Funny you are trying to blame Trumps failures on the Europeans, why did he ban them earlier? Why did he wait until there are infections in the US. It seems to me that you are willing to give Trump with all the intelligence availble to him some leeway but none to the Nigerian govt who took actions at the Nigerian airports while Trump did jack nothing at the US airports.

This is from the same FORBES about lying TRUMP

"Speaking to the nation last night, U.S. President Donald Trump said a ban on Europeans entering the United States is necessary because Europe hadn’t banned flights from China early as the U.S. had done.

Italy imposed a ban on flights from China on 31 January, immediately after a Chinese couple in Rome tested positive for the virus. The U.S. began to restrict flights from China four days later. But while Italy enacted a full ban, the U.S. policy was only a restriction, with wide exemptions."

In fact, Italy banned flights from China even before the US. Italy did on Jan 31 and the US on Feb 4th still with many wide exceptions that allowed people into the US.

Lastly, you can't enter Nigeria today also unless you are able to find some way to get here, all flights are banned just like in the US too.

I don't know where you're getting your info from, but temperature checks are not effective for coronavirus. In south Korea, Japan and China, what goes now is a drive-in test not temperature checks. That's how they've been able to curb the virus.

I guess Italy alone is Europe abi? Or the virus jumped from China to Europe not through people.

At least you agree now that Buhari could have banned flights from China. The fact is people including the house of reps asked Buhari to ban flights from China which he refused. Even when the virus broke out in Europe, he left the borders open. At least Trump took a cue from the Italians and banned flights early, what was our president waiting for?

I already told you the actions taken by Nigeria were from Ebola protocol which only transmits when an individual is symptomatic unlike coronavirus which can transmit even while an individual is asymptomatic. Or did you hear of lockdowns or stay-at-homes during the Ebola outbreak?

You can judge for yourself who has been more responsive and responsible to his citizens throughout this coronavirus pandemic between Buhari and Trump. How many have we been able to even test in Nigeria as compared to US? Right now, only two ventilators are available in Abuja while tests are being done with reagents. Below is symptoms of coronavirus. You can see that fever is not the only symptom. Even coughing can be. Get the right info before you start defending what's not

Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Ayoefa: 7:45pm On Mar 26, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

I don't know where you're getting your info from, but temperature checks are not effective for coronavirus. In south Korea, Japan and China, what goes now is a drive-in test not temperature checks. That's how they've been able to curb the virus.

I guess Italy alone is Europe abi? Or the virus jumped from China to Europe not through people.

At least you agree now that Buhari could have banned flights from China. The fact is people including the house of reps asked Buhari to ban flights from China which he refused. Even when the virus broke out in Europe, he left the borders open. At least Trump took a cue from the Italians and banned flights early, what was our president waiting for?

I already told you the actions taken by Nigeria were from Ebola protocol which only transmits when an individual is symptomatic unlike coronavirus which can transmit even while an individual is asymptomatic. Or did you hear of lockdowns or stay-at-homes during the Ebola outbreak?

You can judge for yourself who has been more responsive and responsible to his citizens throughout this coronavirus pandemic between Buhari and Trump. How many have we been able to even test in Nigeria as compared to US? Right now, only two ventilators are available in Abuja while tests are being done with reagents. Below is symptoms of coronavirus. You can see that fever is not the only symptom. Even coughing can be. Get the right info before you start defending what's not

[b]Detailed Trump response since the start of the Coronavirus pandemic....

Here are the Trump facts which have been posted many beautiful times
TRUMP CORONAVIRUS TIMELINE

January 30: Trump on Coronavirus, “We have it very well under control, and I think it’s going to have a very good ending. So that I can assure you!”

February 2: Trump on Coronavirus, “Well, we pretty much shut it down coming in from China, but we did shut it down!”

February 10: On Fox News Trump says without evidence that the coronavirus "dies with the hotter weather… You know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat.”

February 24: "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA.”

February 25: Trump falsely claims “You may ask about the coronavirus, which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it, and the people that have it are … getting better. They’re ALL getting better!”

February 26: Trump wrongly says the coronavirus "is a flu" and that “whatever happens, we’re totally prepared.”

February 26: Trump baselessly predicts the number of US cases is "going very substantially down" to "close to zero”

February 26: Trump wrongly says the flu death rate is "much higher" than Dr. Sanjay Gupta said. Coronavirus has 10X death rate compared to flu. If 60K die from flu then 600K will die from Coronavirus!

February 27: Trump baselessly said, "It's going to disappear. One day -- it's like a miracle -- it will disappear.”

February 28: Trump said at a rally, Coronavirus is “the new Democratic Hoax.”

March 2: Trump falsely claims “nobody knew of the number of US flu deaths”.

March 2: Trump says a vaccine is coming "relatively soon”. Only Trump did not bother to mention that CDC had told him earlier that day that a vaccine was a year to a year and a half away.

March 4: Trump said he believes people infected with the novel coronavirus may get better "by sitting around and even going to work."

March 5: Trump wrongly claims the virus only hit the US "three weeks ago”. Trump was informed of a confirmed case on January 21(6 weeks prior).

March 5: World Health Organization (WHO), based on data collected around the world, stated the global mortality rate for coronavirus at 3.4%. Trump says: “I think the 3.4 % is really a false number, this is just my ‘Hunch’!”

March 6: As the number of cases and deaths in Italy rises, Trump says “I hear the numbers getting much better in Italy.”

March 6: Trump tells cameras, “Anybody who wants a test can get one.” VP Pence said the day prior that Americans could not get tested simply because they wanted to get tested. "You may not get a test unless a doctor or public health official prescribes a test."

March 6: Trump muses that "maybe the coronavirus improved US jobs numbers.”

March 6: "I like the numbers being where they are. I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship," Trump said of passengers on the Grand Princess cruise ship.

March 7: Trump said that doctors he's come across as the administration tries to get a handle on the outbreak have been surprised about how much he knows about COVID-19. "Maybe I have a natural ability," he said. "Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president."

March 11: Trump’s Address from Oval Office wrongly states Insurance companies will pay for patients Coronavirus treatment. Next day Insurance Coalition corrected Trump and said they will pay ONLY for Co-payments, NOT treatment.

March 13: Trump declares National Emergency. “As you know Europe was just designated as the hot spot right now, and we closed that border a while ago so that was lucky or through talent or through luck… call it whatever you want.” The travel ban had not even been implemented, scheduled to start that night.

March 13: Asked why his Admin previously disbanded the national pandemic office which would have significantly prepared the United States, “When you say me, I didn’t do it. We have a group of people… You say we did that, but I don’t know anything about it.” This, after Trump’s presser from Feb. 26 where it was previously brought up and discussed with Trump.

March 13: Backpedaling about whether or not he should get tested and self-isolate for Coronavirus after being in direct contact with those carrying the virus, “I asked them that same question, and they said, ‘You don’t have any symptoms whatsoever.’” You don’t have to be showing symptoms to already have the Coronavirus.

March 13: Trump interacted with several top administration officials and business leaders during the address, shaking hands and patting them.

March 13: Asked by a reporter about the federal failures to test for Coronavirus, Trump answered, “No I don’t take responsibility for that at all.” This, after he exclaimed on March 6 that tests were ready and everyone who wanted a test would be able to get a test.

Notable Trump tweet from 2013: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.”
[/b]
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:51pm On Mar 26, 2020
Ayoefa:

[b]Detailed Trump response since the start of the Coronavirus pandemic....

Here are the Trump facts which have been posted many beautiful times
TRUMP CORONAVIRUS TIMELINE

January 30: Trump on Coronavirus, “We have it very well under control, and I think it’s going to have a very good ending. So that I can assure you!”

February 2: Trump on Coronavirus, “Well, we pretty much shut it down coming in from China, but we did shut it down!”

February 10: On Fox News Trump says without evidence that the coronavirus "dies with the hotter weather… You know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat.”

February 24: "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA.”

February 25: Trump falsely claims “You may ask about the coronavirus, which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it, and the people that have it are … getting better. They’re ALL getting better!”

February 26: Trump wrongly says the coronavirus "is a flu" and that “whatever happens, we’re totally prepared.”

February 26: Trump baselessly predicts the number of US cases is "going very substantially down" to "close to zero”

February 26: Trump wrongly says the flu death rate is "much higher" than Dr. Sanjay Gupta said. Coronavirus has 10X death rate compared to flu. If 60K die from flu then 600K will die from Coronavirus!

February 27: Trump baselessly said, "It's going to disappear. One day -- it's like a miracle -- it will disappear.”

February 28: Trump said at a rally, Coronavirus is “the new Democratic Hoax.”

March 2: Trump falsely claims “nobody knew of the number of US flu deaths”.

March 2: Trump says a vaccine is coming "relatively soon”. Only Trump did not bother to mention that CDC had told him earlier that day that a vaccine was a year to a year and a half away.

March 4: Trump said he believes people infected with the novel coronavirus may get better "by sitting around and even going to work."

March 5: Trump wrongly claims the virus only hit the US "three weeks ago”. Trump was informed of a confirmed case on January 21(6 weeks prior).

March 5: World Health Organization (WHO), based on data collected around the world, stated the global mortality rate for coronavirus at 3.4%. Trump says: “I think the 3.4 % is really a false number, this is just my ‘Hunch’!”

March 6: As the number of cases and deaths in Italy rises, Trump says “I hear the numbers getting much better in Italy.”

March 6: Trump tells cameras, “Anybody who wants a test can get one.” VP Pence said the day prior that Americans could not get tested simply because they wanted to get tested. "You may not get a test unless a doctor or public health official prescribes a test."

March 6: Trump muses that "maybe the coronavirus improved US jobs numbers.”

March 6: "I like the numbers being where they are. I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship," Trump said of passengers on the Grand Princess cruise ship.

March 7: Trump said that doctors he's come across as the administration tries to get a handle on the outbreak have been surprised about how much he knows about COVID-19. "Maybe I have a natural ability," he said. "Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president."

March 11: Trump’s Address from Oval Office wrongly states Insurance companies will pay for patients Coronavirus treatment. Next day Insurance Coalition corrected Trump and said they will pay ONLY for Co-payments, NOT treatment.

March 13: Trump declares National Emergency. “As you know Europe was just designated as the hot spot right now, and we closed that border a while ago so that was lucky or through talent or through luck… call it whatever you want.” The travel ban had not even been implemented, scheduled to start that night.

March 13: Asked why his Admin previously disbanded the national pandemic office which would have significantly prepared the United States, “When you say me, I didn’t do it. We have a group of people… You say we did that, but I don’t know anything about it.” This, after Trump’s presser from Feb. 26 where it was previously brought up and discussed with Trump.

March 13: Backpedaling about whether or not he should get tested and self-isolate for Coronavirus after being in direct contact with those carrying the virus, “I asked them that same question, and they said, ‘You don’t have any symptoms whatsoever.’” You don’t have to be showing symptoms to already have the Coronavirus.

March 13: Trump interacted with several top administration officials and business leaders during the address, shaking hands and patting them.

March 13: Asked by a reporter about the federal failures to test for Coronavirus, Trump answered, “No I don’t take responsibility for that at all.” This, after he exclaimed on March 6 that tests were ready and everyone who wanted a test would be able to get a test.

Notable Trump tweet from 2013: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.”
[/b]

I see... So he's been saying a lot of things about the matter even before it became a full fledged problem in the US such that even the opposition can compile a compendium of misspeaks.

Can you also help compile a list of Buhari's speech on the virus whether wrong or right. Please help so we can compare.
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Ayoefa: 8:01pm On Mar 26, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

I see... So he's been saying a lot of things about the matter even before it became a full fledged problem in the US such that even the opposition can compile a compendium of misspeaks.

Can you also help compile a list of Buhari's speech on the virus whether wrong or right. Please help so we can compare.

It's better not to mislead the public and leave the pubic speaking to the health experts than talking rubbish just because you are desperate for coming elections. Most American including myself will rather hear from experts like Dr Fuaci and others than a dotard that's just lying his ass off. Of what use is someone who lies every time he opens his mouth? No use at all.

Leave the speeches to the health experts instead of giving false and inaccurate information especially when it involves human lives in a time of crisis.
I'll take my health advise from experts who went to real medical schools instead of a lying SOB from a fake tRUMP university.
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:26pm On Mar 26, 2020
Ayoefa:

It's better not to mislead the public and leave the pubic speaking to the health experts than talking rubbish just because you are desperate for coming elections. Most American including myself will rather hear from experts like Dr Fuaci and others than a dotard that's just lying his ass off. Of what use is someone who lies every time he opens his mouth? No use at all.

Leave the speeches to the health experts instead of giving false and inaccurate information especially when it involves human lives in a time of crisis.
I'll take my health advise from experts who went to real medical schools instead of a lying SOB from a fake tRUMP university.

That's ur choice. But it's more reassuring to hear from a leader in a time of crisis than just the experts. At least dat shows that the govt cares and the problem is being tackled at the highest level. Even Cuomo and sanwo-olu have been speaking about the crisis in their domains.

All politicians lie. From Obama to Buhari, they all lie. Their political interests are always paramount to them. Politics is not a moral affair. Buhari's boys have been claiming to be on top of the crisis even if facts on ground suggests otherwise. Even you lied about Trump not banning flights from China.

Besides, experts have not been silenced because Trump speaks and experts can't coordinate the response. Medical supplies, lockdowns and enforcements, economic palliatives etc can't be decided by medical experts. That's for political leaders to handle and you can tell me who's been more up and doing between Trump and Buhari.
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Ayoefa: 8:45pm On Mar 26, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

That's ur choice. But it's more reassuring to hear from a leader in a time of crisis than just the experts. At least dat shows that the govt cares and the problem is being tackled at the highest level. Even Cuomo and sanwo-olu have been speaking about the crisis in their domains.

All politicians lie. From Obama to Buhari, they all lie. Their political interests are always paramount to them. Politics is not a moral affair. Buhari's boys have been claiming to be on top of the crisis even if facts on ground suggests otherwise.

Besides, experts have not been silenced because Trump speaks and experts can't coordinate the response. Medical supplies, lockdowns and enforcements, economic palliatives etc can't be decided by medical experts. That's for political leaders to handle and you can tell me who's been more up and doing between Trump and Buhari.

There's nothing reassuring in any leader telling you good morning when you know it's evening. There's nothing reassuring when a leader tells you that it's all under control when in fact it's out of control. There's no reassuring when a leader tells you that that the numbers will be zero but it keeps climbing. In facts it the opposite of reassuring when leaders like Trumps speaks because you know he's incapable of telling the truth.

Trump doesn't lie like other politicians , far from it. He lies like a toddler, he will lie even if telling the truth is to his own advantage. That's what you call a pathological liar.

A leader that wanted to leave Americans on the ship simply because who wants to keep numbers down, you call that a leader?

If Obama had tried 1/3 of the things that TRAMP has done, he would have been impeached, convicted and sentenced to death by firing squad.

Pls don't ever compare Obama to this dotard retarded lying SOB. Obama is one of the greatest American Presidents. He pulled America out of one of the greatest economic crisis of modern times, I lived through it , I know all about it. History is already kind to 44 and will be kinder in due course especially compared to this joker. History will not be kind to trump, just wait and watch.
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:54pm On Mar 26, 2020
Ayoefa:

There's nothing reassuring in any leader telling you good morning when you know it's evening. There's nothing reassuring when a leader tells you that it's all under control when in fact it's out of control. There's no reassuring when a leader tells you that that the numbers will be zero but it keeps climbing. In facts it the opposite of reassuring when leaders like Trumps speaks because you know he's incapable of telling the truth.

Trump doesn't lie like other politicians , far from it. He lies like a toddler, he will lie even if telling the truth is to his own advantage. That's what you call a pathological liar.

A leader that wanted to leave Americans on the ship simply because who wants to keep numbers down, you call that a leader?

If Obama had tried 1/3 of the things that TRAMP has done, he would have been impeached, convicted and sentenced to death by firing squad.

Pls don't ever compare Obama to this dotard retarded lying SOB. Obama is one of the greatest American Presidents. He pulled America out of one of the greatest economic crisis of modern times, I lived through it , I know all about it. History is already kind to 44 and will be kinder in due course especially compared to this joker. History will not be kind to trump, just wait and watch.
This one na ur opinion. It leads to nowhere. Obama lied too. QED. The fact still remains that Trump is an active leader while Buhari is totally docile and frigid. He's a miniature of a president.

Obama is your favourite president while Trump is so for others. You can't force your opinion of him on them. However, what is obvious is Trump is doing his job as expected while Buhari abdicates responsibility while on seat. The economy vastly improved under Trump than where Obama left it and America has been able to assert itself more with Trump as president.
Under Buhari conversely, Nigeria slipped into a recession under Bùhari. Just Monday, 70 soldiers were killed by BH, a first for the killing of Nigerian soldiers on Nigerian soil on such scale since the civil war. Every indices of development is down and the administration is utterly rudderless.
Re: Festus Keyamo Cautions Pastors As Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria Increases by Ayoefa: 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

This one na ur opinion. It leads to nowhere. Obama lied too. QED. The fact still remains that Trump is an active leader while Buhari is totally docile and frigid. He's a miniature of a president.

Obama is your favourite president while Trump is so for others. You can't force your opinion of him on them. However, what is obvious is Trump is doing his job as expected while Buhari abdicates responsibility while on seat. The economy vastly improved under Trump than where Obama left it and America has been able to assert itself more with Trump as president.
Under Buhari conversely, Nigeria slipped into a recession under Bùhari. Just Monday, 70 soldiers were killed by BH, a first for the killing of Nigerian soldiers on Nigerian soil on such scale since the civil war. Every indices of development is down and the administration is utterly rudderless.

Yeah right. Buhari inherited an economy that was dying due to the oil crash of 2015. He has been able to steady the economy. On BH, I still remember vividly how people were scared to their pants that BH will soon overrun the country after bombing ABUJA UN QH while Jona was the President. Only those in the NE are worried about BH today. So tell that false narratives to the uninformed. I'm not one of them. May be you have very short or bad memory - BH was controlling 74 local govts under Jona.
trying to compare the US economy to the Nigerian economy is like comparing a dead man to one that is alive.
America assert itself? America has been turned into a joke and lost respect from many nations around the world. No one takes America serious anymore, knowing the that Trumps is a bold face liar and delusional.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: Photos Of Tinubu Plantain Chips / Buhari Appoints Nelson Braimbraifa As NDDC Acting MD / Protesting Lagos Driver Sets Self Ablaze, Dies Over Impounded Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.