Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,484 members, 7,781,450 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:34 PM

The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) (82991 Views)

The Big Puff Adder I Killed In My Dog's Kennel (Pictures) / Ghastly Motor Accident In Nsukka Yesterday Morning (Photos) / See The Puff Adder Killed In My Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Obascoetubi: 11:41am On Mar 26, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Humans are the most dangerous living things on earth. Maybe the coronavirus is fair to be dealing with humans. Abi no be so?

Many of you don't understand that these animals are living things too. You think the planet belongs to only you people.

Try and kill all those animals, and see how you survive after that.

u kill chikens ba?
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Donsamie(m): 11:42am On Mar 26, 2020
Jospepper i will be needing that your yams, so reply me if your still serious with your signature.
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by amuwo1980: 11:42am On Mar 26, 2020
EkelediliBuhari:
It's a puff adder...

Inflatable Awon Blom Blom..

Lala take us there... grin grin

Yes it is a puff adder , na God save u
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:44am On Mar 26, 2020
tunary:
You should have leave it instead of killing it. nothing like animal preservation here, snake are dangerous and should not even exist in the first place. now you understand why people don't spare snakes

You are saying snakes are dangerous and shouldn't have existed?

Snakes help to keep the population of rats in check. Without snakes, rats will fill up your homes. They will give you many viruses, and humans would have certainly gone into extinction. Imagine dealing with three pandemics at the same time.

Every living thing has its place and benefits in the ecosystem. Some help us get rid of pests, some help with pollination, and all provide what is called ecosystem services.

And if you say snakes are dangerous, what will you say about human beings?

No animal has suffered from another species as much as they have suffered from human beings. Chickens, goats, snakes, lions, tigers, elephants, and so many animals that man has hunted into extinction. There was a period when lions and tigers were hunted for their skin, even almost into extinction. Whales have also suffered same fate, almost hunted into extinction.

Have you seen where they make snakeskin products before. Those snakes are skinned alive by human beings. Imagine there is a creature more powerful than humans. How would you feel if they skinned you alive?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:45am On Mar 26, 2020
donnie:

Be careful, it might be fried snake. shocked
And that chicken looks unhappy.
Hehehehe cheesy
That's why she is looking so down!

1 Like

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:47am On Mar 26, 2020
Obascoetubi:
u kill chikens ba?

I am a vegetarian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Achile1515: 11:49am On Mar 26, 2020
Very very dangerous snake. You can't last 10mins after his bite. Hausa call it Gobe-denisa, meaning Tommorow is too far. My brother, you are lucky.
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by BuhariNaWah: 11:49am On Mar 26, 2020
EdoPrince93:
[s][/s]

Nobody asked you, blimey town council undecided
Badt guy! grin

1 Like

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:50am On Mar 26, 2020
derbykol:
Lol
Lol cheesy
Na joke we dey o.....pleaseee! cheesy
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Joystark(f): 11:51am On Mar 26, 2020
Imperare:
But why did you kill the snake? What are you even doing in uniben after you were asked to go home.?
Wrong place at the wrong time

What is it with you people forming animal rights' activists up and down sef.
Why did he kill the snake, really?
He should have brought it to you to nurture.
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 26, 2020
post=87778234:

So much creativity in that bowl of rice.
We gonna give it a try at this stay at home season sometime soon.
We can do berrer.......hopefully! wink

Na fried Titus/Mackerel be dat shey?!
We love it laidat tongue

Make the chicken no waka commot for d plate be d koko
Looks like she's taking a stroll cheesy
oga MI, as chicken no dey, we gatz create chicken of the mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 11:58am On Mar 26, 2020
Superichy1:

In actual sense, we(humans) are the ones who live and chase animals outta their natural habitat.

To some extent yes bt there’s still a lot of space for them. Humans territory expands more, we are created to subdue the earth.
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by sylve11: 12:00pm On Mar 26, 2020
EdoPrince93:
[s][/s]

Nobody asked you, blimey town council undecided

grin cool

1 Like

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by seangy4konji: 12:01pm On Mar 26, 2020
You for kiss am as activist weh u be na.

Na to be in march band weh kyari go deh for hell fire..

To you fools always forming activist up and down..ordinary malaria before dem treat you for hospital here u fit die now imagine make viper strike you or Di's puff adder..there is no antidote anywhere in Nigeria hospital..quote me..that's how degraded our cou try is..see out politicians running helter skelter because they know they can't go abroad..if a snake bite you..you are gone..no remedy..

You better be careful na express u deh go

1 Like

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Imperare(f): 12:02pm On Mar 26, 2020
Joystark:

What is it with you people forming animal rights' activists up and down sef.
Why did he kill the snake, really?
He should have brought it to you to nurture.
Nigeria is not a zoo where the strongest animals prey on the weaker ones.
Think about this, an innocent you finds yourself alone with a lion in the forest, shebi the lion will greet you and welcome you? I think you already know what the lion would do. Now Ask yourself, Why would some Nigerians act/think like wild animals?

1 Like

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by EdoPrince93(m): 12:07pm On Mar 26, 2020
BuhariNaWah:

Badt guy! grin

No nonsensical human pests on this forum
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by free2ryhme: 12:08pm On Mar 26, 2020
Tickles001:
Who knows anything about this kind of snake?
I encountered this snake at UNIBEN botanical garden this morning.

Being an animal right activist I never intended to kill it, but the way it displayed make me resort to chase it down and kill it for the safety of people who usually comes to chill in that garden.

This snake moves with a straight body, this means it doesn't wriggle while it moves.

It a surprisingly loud hissing sound.

It can inflate its whole body to about 3 times the normal size.

Not too fast but you'll need to run to catch up with it.

The body is flat that you might mistake it to be some dried long leaf if you don't look well.

It's good with camouflage as it was staying just 2 feet away from me but it took me several seconds of looking at it before I realize it was a snake.

Also tell your fellow students that patronize love gutter to stay away from it most esp at night in front of hall 2 ( girls hostel ) and by the path way where there is an Almond tree beside hall 3 ( boys hostel ) I killed snakes there during my time in UNIBEN

1 Like

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by HRMK: 12:17pm On Mar 26, 2020
jospepper:
Why did you kill that snake Mr. Animal rights activist? Did it attack you? Doesn't it have the right to life again?
u must be very heartless!so wuld av loved it if the snake got him killed!!
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Tickles001(m): 12:22pm On Mar 26, 2020
All of you are asking why I did kill the snake. The reason is to protect other people that visit the garden. This snake has advanced camouflage capability. It lay within three feet away, but it took me time to spot it.
So how am I sure the next person will be that lucky to see and avoid it. Even if I chase it away it might still return and bite an unlucky person.
I wouldn't have killed it if it behaved like most snakes I've encountered, but this one proved to be something different by the loud hissing and body inflation.

For those who said I should go home because they close uniben. Are you forgetting there are UBTH dentistry quarters, JSQ, and SSQ? Are you forgetting that non-students live in those places with their families? Or you want us to leave our homes and business that has nothing to do with the school simply because they sent students home?

I'm a freelancer that happens to live around the campus. I usually go there alone to take a break in the arms of nature, when my brain is overheated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Heineken(m): 12:26pm On Mar 26, 2020
Can't even stand and watch snakes.. I hate it to the extend that if I noticed it passes one place I won't try pass there again. I must turn back.
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by thundafire: 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2020
southniyikaye:
Lalasticlala rice right now but it has no meat and you just brought one
our local useless rice go soak dis design b4 u wash soon come
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Heineken(m): 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2020
Achile1515:
Very very dangerous snake. You can't last 10mins after his bite. Hausa call it Gobe-denisa, meaning Tommorow is too far. My brother, you are lucky.
seriously?
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by finczydabadman(m): 12:31pm On Mar 26, 2020
Omo, this shii is very dangerous oo..
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Heineken(m): 12:32pm On Mar 26, 2020
Imperare:
I like snakes
ma'am are you serious?
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Charmingrascal(m): 12:35pm On Mar 26, 2020
Tickles001:
Who knows anything about this kind of snake?
I encountered this snake at UNIBEN botanical garden this morning.

Being an animal right activist I never intended to kill it, but the way it displayed make me resort to chase it down and kill it for the safety of people who usually comes to chill in that garden.

This snake moves with a straight body, this means it doesn't wriggle while it moves.

It a surprisingly loud hissing sound.

It can inflate its whole body to about 3 times the normal size.

Not too fast but you'll need to run to catch up with it.

The body is flat that you might mistake it to be some dried long leaf if you don't look well.

It's good with camouflage as it was staying just 2 feet away from me but it took me several seconds of looking at it before I realize it was a snake.

As a snake activist that you're

You were not suppose to kill the snake, you should have picked it up, construct a cage for it and keep it in ur room. By doing that it won't harm anybody.

Why kill the innocent snake

Una go dey form animal activist

1 Like

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by AkpaMgbor(m): 12:36pm On Mar 26, 2020
The younglin of this snake bit a boy at my site some days ago..it didn't leave a two puncture wound so I don't know if it's truly venomous.

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by jospepper(m): 12:38pm On Mar 26, 2020
HRMK:
u must be very heartless!so wuld av loved it if the snake got him killed!!
I was only being sarcastic oga. Read again.
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by bluefilm: 12:39pm On Mar 26, 2020
Guy, you get luck o!

That's a very dangerous snake.

How many snakes you know get that kain military camouflage? wink

1 Like

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by NeeKlaus: 12:59pm On Mar 26, 2020
Tickles001:
All of you are asking why I did kill the snake. The reason is to protect other people that visit the garden. This snake has advanced camouflage capability. It lay within three feet away, but it took me time to spot it.
So how am I sure the next person will be that lucky to see and avoid it. Even if I chase it away it might still return and bite an unlucky person.
I wouldn't have killed it if it behaved like most snakes I've encountered, but this one proved to be something different by the loud hissing and body inflation.

For those who said I should go home because they close uniben. Are you forgetting there are UBTH dentistry quarters, JSQ, and SSQ? Are you forgetting that non-students live in those places with their families? Or you want us to leave our homes and business that has nothing to do with the school simply because they sent students home?

I'm a freelancer that happens to live around the campus. I usually go there alone to take a break in the arms of nature, when my brain is overheated.
What work do you do as a Freelancer?

1 Like

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 26, 2020
You killed it because it might bite somebody?!? Only in Nigeria do we have your type of 'animal activist'. So why not hunt down amd kill all the snakes in the botanical garden so that they will not bite somebody? If there was a real risk of it biting people, the proper thing to do was to call the wardens and capture it for relocation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

30-Year-Old Terrorist Python Killed In Ilorin (Photos) / Grave Of D Richest Man In Kuwait. He Owned Oil Wells,Several Hotels & Properties / This Lady's Yoga Pose Got People Talking (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.