Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) (83054 Views)

The Big Puff Adder I Killed In My Dog's Kennel (Pictures) / Ghastly Motor Accident In Nsukka Yesterday Morning (Photos) / See The Puff Adder Killed In My Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Kokopiper: 1:27pm On Mar 26, 2020
aka love garden. Thank God I never encounter this back den in Uniben. Botanical garden aka Love garden was my secret hideout zone to study and enjoy nature.
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by sizer07: 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2020
Count your self lucky to have seen it. its a very dangerous and venomous snake, very lethal.pls if you came in contact with such snake million times kill it a million n one times. If its where to be python or non venomous snake,its a different case.puff Ada go puff life out of you op no joke.its kill or be killed
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Joystark(f): 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2020
Imperare:

Nigeria is not a zoo where the strongest animals prey on the weaker ones.
Think about this, an innocent you finds yourself alone with a lion in the forest, shebi the lion will greet you and welcome you? I think you already know what the lion would do. Now Ask yourself, Why would some Nigerians act/think like wild animals?

So snakes are "weaker animals" abi?

E be like you never see who snake bite.
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by jospepper(m): 1:36pm On Mar 26, 2020
Donsamie:
Jospepper i will be needing that your yams, so reply me if your still serious with your signature.
Hello Donsamie, I am still serious with my signature. 0*8*0*3*2*1*4*5*7*5*4. WhatsApp or calls. Or you can mention me here with the quantity and size you need then we will take it from there.
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by DModeCntStopMe: 1:39pm On Mar 26, 2020
Imperare:
But why did you kill the snake? What are you even doing in uniben after you were asked to go home.?
Wrong place at the wrong time

Sorry!

When next such is encountered, you shall be kindly notified so you come and carry it to your house

You dey form activist, low budget Sowore

Also you never asked your darling snake why it has killed so many people

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 26, 2020
[quote author=Tickles001 post=87776829]All of you are asking why I did kill the snake. The reason is to protect other people that visit the garden. This snake has advanced camouflage capability. It lay within three feet away, but it took me time to spot it.
So how am I sure the next person will be that lucky to see and avoid it. Even if I chase it away it might still return and bite an unlucky person.
I wouldn't have killed it if it behaved like most snakes I've encountered, but this one proved to be something different by the loud hissing and body inflation.

For those who said I should go home because they close uniben. Are you forgetting there are UBTH dentistry quarters, JSQ, and SSQ? Are you forgetting that non-students live in those places with their families? Or you want us to leave our homes and business that has nothing to do with the school simply because they sent students home?

I'm a freelancer that happens to live around the campus. I usually go there alone to take a break in the arms of nature, when my brain is overheated.

More pics[/quote

"Loud hissing and body inflation." when the puff adder does this it was just trying to scare you away and even if another person comes, it would still do the same thing for the person to run. Human beings are the trouble maker not the snake.
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 26, 2020
Bros you no try o. You killed a species inside botanical garden where it was supposed to be protected. This one na sacrilege grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by DModeCntStopMe: 1:46pm On Mar 26, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

[s]You shouldn't have killed such a beauty.

All you should have done was attempt to catch it, after which you should have released it into the wild[/s].

Mumu talk!

Why don't you marry the snake and get her pregnant so you both could produce such beautiful creatures undisturbed for your family members
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Dibblez: 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2020
Puff adder! The fastest striking snake! Bro you're lucky.
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by juniorstar(m): 1:57pm On Mar 26, 2020
very deadly...guy you did d right thing
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:27pm On Mar 26, 2020
DModeCntStopMe:

Mumu talk!

Why don't you marry the snake and get her pregnant so you both could produce such beautiful creatures undisturbed for your family members

Are you more beautiful than it?

Every creature is beautiful. If you just take the time to study them, you will understand and appreciate these beauties of nature.

They have their own problems, their own pains, their own fears.

Their fangs are their own defense against predators such as humans. As a matter of fact, the major threat to their existence is mankind.
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by EkelediliBuhari: 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2020
amuwo1980:

Yes it is a puff adder , na God save u

From what na. Are you the colodial drivus?
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by EkelediliBuhari: 2:54pm On Mar 26, 2020
jidxin:
with d descriptions its not puff adder

Is it a balon d'or?
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by OtotoC: 2:56pm On Mar 26, 2020
[s]
post=87778112:
One of the most dangerous snake in the world shocked shocked shocked

The Puff Adder probably accounts for more deaths than any other snake in Africa.
An adultPuff Adder may have enough venom to kill 4-5 men!
cool

Eh ya!
Next time you see one,
just pat her on the head and say
'common baby, stop being shy now'
I'm here to take you to the zoo!
cheesy

Lol cheesy
Na joke we dey o.....pleaseee! cheesy
[/s]
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by OtotoC: 2:56pm On Mar 26, 2020
[s]
post=87778234:

So much creativity in that bowl of rice.
We gonna give it a try at this stay at home season sometime soon.
We can do berrer.......hopefully! wink

Na fried Titus/Mackerel be dat shey?!
We love it laidat tongue

Make the chicken no waka commot for d plate be d koko
Looks like she's taking a stroll cheesy

Hahahaha grin cheesy wink
[/s]
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by OtotoC: 3:02pm On Mar 26, 2020
[s]
post=87779725:

Hehehehe cheesy
That's why she is looking so down!
[/s]
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by OtotoC: 3:04pm On Mar 26, 2020
[s]
post=87779896:

Lol cheesy
Na joke we dey o.....pleaseee! cheesy
[/s]
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Donsamie(m): 3:05pm On Mar 26, 2020
[quote author=jospepper post=87783007] Hello Donsamie, I am still serious with my signature. 0*8*0*3*2*1*4*5*7*5*4. WhatsApp or calls. Or you can mention me here with the quantity and size you need then we will take it from there.[ ok join me on facebook with "Samuel Chibuikem" am standing in front of a flower tree wearing strip white short leaf shirt with black trousers pointing hand
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Donsamie(m): 3:08pm On Mar 26, 2020
[ ok join me on facebook with "Samuel Chibuikem" am standing in front of a flower tree wearing strip white short leaf shirt with black trousers pointing hand
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by jospepper(m): 3:23pm On Mar 26, 2020
[quote author=Donsamie post=87785687][/quote] I sent you a friend request on Facebook. Iorngurum Terna Daniel. thanks.
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by conscienceman4(m): 3:44pm On Mar 26, 2020
The most deadly snake in Nigeria. It killed a young man in Abia state last month. Although it tastes like chicken.
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Excelinpages(m): 3:57pm On Mar 26, 2020
So much for puff adders and Lala stical.

DOWNLOAD A FREE PRACTICE GUIDE ON WRITING CV here

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfLno6jc61Ebn_Vl_8pTIMMwyImfyUYj8w7a_7xNtHmUkZHUQ/viewform
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Gbengageorge: 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2020
This is what is called sebe in Yoruba. very dangerous and poisonous.
In fact you did very well by killing it.
The last time something like that was killed in my presence, we could not find the head. It dissappeared.
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by EdoPrince93(m): 4:17pm On Mar 26, 2020
sam4noow:

Sharrap dia MAI SUYA

I hope you can grill this one too grin

The idiot went to report my post and it was taken down..Things are getting to the dingbat
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by sam4noow(m): 4:26pm On Mar 26, 2020
EdoPrince93:

The idiot went to report my post and it was taken down..Things are getting to the dingbat

I think he has come back to his senses now, he's now a changed man pls forgive him and move on grin

1 Like

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by EdoPrince93(m): 4:33pm On Mar 26, 2020
sam4noow:

I think he has come back to his senses now, he's now a changed man pls forgive him and move on grin

Lolzz.... grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by joeking2222: 5:52pm On Mar 26, 2020
Tickles001:
All of you are asking why I did kill the snake. The reason is to protect other people that visit the garden. This snake has advanced camouflage capability. It lay within three feet away, but it took me time to spot it.
So how am I sure the next person will be that lucky to see and avoid it. Even if I chase it away it might still return and bite an unlucky person.
I wouldn't have killed it if it behaved like most snakes I've encountered, but this one proved to be something different by the loud hissing and body inflation.

For those who said I should go home because they close uniben. Are you forgetting there are UBTH dentistry quarters, JSQ, and SSQ? Are you forgetting that non-students live in those places with their families? Or you want us to leave our homes and business that has nothing to do with the school simply because they sent students home?

I'm a freelancer that happens to live around the campus. I usually go there alone to take a break in the arms of nature, when my brain is overheated.

More pics
Bro, abeg you go fit mentor me for this freelancing stuff? Like what skills do you think i must have before joining?

1 Like

Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by Legendguru: 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2020
Really
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by madjune(m): 6:33pm On Mar 26, 2020
You're damn lucky that snake didn't bite u.

Your case for worse pass Koro.
Re: The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) by cucuzee247(m): 7:55pm On Mar 26, 2020
You did the right thing man... that mo’foka is damn deadly! Nothing any animal activist can tell me angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Grave Of D Richest Man In Kuwait. He Owned Oil Wells,Several Hotels & Properties / This Lady's Yoga Pose Got People Talking (pic) / Huge Python Killed At Opebi, Ikeja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.