Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? (32477 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by farem: 1:42pm On Mar 26, 2020
dancok:
This is my first salary though but debt was already on ground before the salary showed, so am clearing the debt now and the situation of corona virus now.

I don't how long this will last, so am cautious of my spending.

Have I not sinned? Can I shift my tithe till next payment? Pastors in the house.

Bringing this issue up here shows you don't have a church. I mean....
Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by johneddy: 1:42pm On Mar 26, 2020
Why not pay it to church account number, mind you even if you use your tithe the money won't be enough. While not pay the tithe and allow God to to sustain you?
Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by hahn(m): 1:43pm On Mar 26, 2020
dancok:
This is my first salary though but debt was already on ground before the salary showed, so am clearing the debt now and the situation of corona virus now.

Have I not sinned? Can I shift my tithe till next payment? Pastors in the house.

Pay your tithes.

My church is open and you can pay via online, mobile or atm transfer and the Lord will bless you abundantly.

Dm for details
Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by psalmuelwater(m): 1:43pm On Mar 26, 2020
The problem is, another person reads and interprets the bible for you. You are not mandated to pay any tithe in the bible, you are expected to "give" whatever percentage your heart so desires.
For example, if i really want to give God money, the whole of my salary can't be enough to appreciate him. But God loves a cheerful giver. You can give a naira and be blessed than those who pay thousands of tithe. They pay tithe because they've been told that they must pay it, not because they understand the principles of God when it comes to giving. So, let me advise you as someone that has seen the light. You can't truly pay God, but you can give to his cause, you can give whatever %. It can be 0.5% ,1%, 2%, 50%. Give whatever your mind, body and soul can part with cheerfully, and God will bless you. Do you know, most people advising you to pay tithe here do so squeezing their face? That's why they can never be blessed. And when the veil of temple was rented in twain, salvation wondrous plan was completed. Then, the priests that goes in and out of the temple do so 24/7 with no other Jobs. They do alot of work, including their children, the kill animals for people, always atoning for people's sin, but when jesus died, the veil of the temple was rented into two for all the world to see and have free access to God. Apostle Paul worked in bible, our modern day pastors are working too(they sell books, have malls etc) so, what exactly are you paying for?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by dederocs(m): 1:43pm On Mar 26, 2020
Aston02:

Mumu man... Because you don't pay tithe doesn't mean others paying it are daft. However, some of us has seen God working in usual ways in our lives that giving Him back 10% of what he gave us looks so cheap. Nobody forced me to give, I give because I believe in it.

If I can freely give to others, I wonder why it's a crime to give to God.

Na over cacu + stinginess dey do una...

Your salary is another man's tithe...
am not from your religion, and does your religion teaches you to insult?

most of my friends are muslim, they dont pay tithe yet they are very rich and happy. am not muslim, i dont pay to any man on the pulpit, but i assure you, i spend more than 50k weekly on what i spend on others, and giving to those in need. Be wise. zombism means being trapped in a state of hypnosis perpetually, that you have thrown away common sense, logic and reason. no religion calls anyone to be dumb.

1 Like

Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:44pm On Mar 26, 2020
Righteousness89:

I am a Tither by GOD'S Grace

I don't pay tithe to Pastor, I give it to GOD via his House...

I Have Enjoyed Divine Stressless and supernatural supplies in my Life..

The Heart is very important in your Work with GOD..

I know non tithers who enjoy all you have listed and more. We thank God for everything.

Thank God for tithers and non tithers, what you believe in will work for you.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 26, 2020
Hahahahah see guilt ontop your own money! Religion ehhh!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by honeyB2018: 1:44pm On Mar 26, 2020
Dancok.
Why are you disgracing yourself, pastor, church on this platform?
If you have any issue with tithing, why not see your pastor or church leaders for counseling.
Must this be brought here?
Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by RapistOnBail: 1:44pm On Mar 26, 2020
smiley

I am glad the younger generations are getting wiser to recognize the false prophetic teachings of these 419 religious leaders.

It makes me believe Nigeria will be great again.

Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Righteousness89(m): 1:45pm On Mar 26, 2020
Lostz:
tithes is no compulsory. don't put yourself in a terrible financial situation because you practice giving under compulsion.

God knows our situation. he knows our best and what we can afford to give him.
he demands we give him our best.

there is no evidence that Jesus or any of the earlier Christians collected tithe.
they were only practicing free giving not giving under compulsion

I Believe you are one of people who Prays and sings "Abramham's Blessings are Mine"

No Genuie Child of GOD will have an issue with Tithes or Giving!

First Sort out Yourself with GOD! That's More Important than Tithes..

The Sacrifices of a Sinner is an Abomination to GOD

1 Like

Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by crestdevelopers: 1:46pm On Mar 26, 2020
How many pastors have bought nose mask and hand sanitizer to give to their members this period abeg Nigerians no go just get sense for one day

1 Like

Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by dederocs(m): 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2020
davss02:

sarcasm
i know bro cheesy grin
Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Oluwaseun2020(m): 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2020
Im a pastor too.. and here ia my account 2007919121 zenith bank... pay now before devourer enter your house. Its just 10. % for God and you can still do charity with another 10 % . Tje rest is blessed.

1 Like

Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by psalmuelwater(m): 1:48pm On Mar 26, 2020
Imperare:

Abraham the first person that practiced tithing in the bible gave, he didn't pay
If you read your bible well, Tithe wasn't commanded then, he did so willingly and he paid it for you and me. How? He paid to King Melchizedek, who is melchizedek? Why is jesus christ a priest after the order of melchizedek? Abraham has paid all our tithes. The tithes being instituted is a statutes meant to sustain the levites. Who are the levites, why were they being paid tithes, are they still existing?
You guys really need to study the bible and be free
Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 26, 2020
Righteousness89:

I Believe you are one of people who Prays and sings "Abramham's Blessings are Mine"

No Genuie Child will have an issue with Tithes or Giving!

hold that which thou hast that no man take thy crown. You are well loaded sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by ideabuilder: 1:49pm On Mar 26, 2020
post=87782225:

You are trying to be sarcastic right?

If not, let's help out in our little way......brb

Modify :
Pay your debt.
Stock your house up with what you and your family members will eat during this stay at home period.
Then if body dey really do you to give out money,
then listen to these words from our Darling Lord and Saviour JESUS CHRIST himself.

Matthew 25:35-40 New International Version (NIV)

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in.

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?

38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?

39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Emphasis on Verse 40.
If you have enough to spare.
Give it to the less privileged around your community!
Especially at this Coronavirus time that all fingers aren't equal.
It will be counted to you as righteousness in heaven.
Or keep your money and spend cautiously.
Happy Stay at home y'all!

WOW. And some people think this guy no get sense

1 Like

Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Aston02(m): 1:49pm On Mar 26, 2020
dederocs:

am not from your religion, and does your religion teaches you to insult?

About the insult, my apologies...

most of my friends are muslim, they dont pay tithe yet they are very rich and happy. am not muslim. Be wise.

Talking about your Muslim friends, because they don't pay tithe doesn't mean there are no other measures their religion has in place in which they do give back. I really don't know much about tithing from the Islam point of view, but I do know they do zakat(I might be wrong tho), which I don't know if it counts as tithe.
Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Imperare(f): 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2020
psalmuelwater:

If you read your bible well, Tithe wasn't commanded then, he did so willingly and he paid it for you and me. How? He paid to King Melchizedek, who is melchizedek? Why is jesus christ a priest after the order of melchizedek? Abraham has paid all our tithes. The tithes being instituted is a statutes meant to sustain the levites. Who are the levites, why were they being paid tithes, are they still existing?
You guys really need to study the bible and be free
Not thiting is a sin? I accept. But Jesus died and paid for our sin
Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Edoziesmart(m): 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2020
jokolo282:

May you never lack sir .
Pls kindly help a brother in need no amount is little
Account number :0229275891

Gt bank.
God bless

It seems you haven't received fraudulent money before? else you won't be spamming every threads with your account number all in the name of cyber begging.

Is better you seek to learn profitable skill for free than to be spamming threads with your account number.
Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Didi2d(m): 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2020
My advice, look for the needy and saw that seed in their lives.
In the perilous times, lots of people are looking for what to eat, not to talk of stock piling their house with foodstock in case the issue on ground escalate and you're here asking if should pay your tithes or not.
Some of us our salaries won't come until first week of April.
Abeg I know like this question wey you ask so o
Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by InvertedHammer: 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2020
dancok:

/
You are a mo.ron for even thinking about tithe at this time.

Save your money. If you ever need money, go ask your pastor and see if he will spare you some change. Pastor's bank account is not God's bank account.

/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Righteousness89(m): 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I non tithers who enjoy all you have listed and more. We thank God for everything.

Thank God for tithers and non tithers, what you believe in will work for you.

There is a Difference btw Blessings and Blessings that Makes Rich and adds no Sorrow!

Thats the Benefit of Involing GOD in your Affairs..

There is a Natural Law in Life Given by GOD that Blesses the Whole World irrespective of what you are. As long as you practice it, it answers.
That's Genesis 8:22. That's the Secret Many in the World have used to Prosper..

But the One of Proverb 10:22 is a Higher and Complete Package.. and it comes when you Practice Gen 8:22 on GOD'S Terms

1 Like

Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Image123(m): 1:52pm On Mar 26, 2020
dancok:

cheesy Tithe is 10% i suppose. Where is the 90%? What is worth doing is worth doing well. If that 10% is enough to pay your debts and save you from "situation of corona virus", why not take the 10% out of the remaining 90%? i am just trying to reason with you oh. At least people have been giving tithe before your first salary and they will continue after if Jesus tarries. So do what you will do in faith.
Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by edoairways: 1:52pm On Mar 26, 2020
Imperare:
It's not a sin to spend your money, tithes are given not paid. You give at your convenient time.

Before you quote me, check (all bible versions about Abraham who first practiced thiting ) you don't pay thite, you give. when you give, you can even give more than 10% with a joyful heart.

https://biblehub.com/genesis/14-20.htm

I am not called to win arguments, but to win souls. ~Apostle Born great Clement
Op hearken to this advice
Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by safarigirl(f): 1:53pm On Mar 26, 2020
People like OP cannot reason by themselves. These are the ones that will hold a pastor's opinion over their own well-being and that of their loved ones

They are usually terrible life partners.
Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 26, 2020
Righteousness89:

No Genuie Child will have an issue with Tithes or Giving!

If you must pay let it be willingly.

giving to God under compulsion is also an abomination to him.

it is clear the op does not want to pay the tithe. he is only giving because he thinks he must.

as you said obedience is more important than tithe
Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Righteousness89(m): 1:53pm On Mar 26, 2020
Koginaija:
hold that which thou hast that no man take thy crown. You are well loaded sir.

You are Blessed My Brother

1 Like

Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Unrated900(m): 1:54pm On Mar 26, 2020
Don’t ask stupid question here

Go to your pastor and ask him or her

Stop mocking the lord here and seeking attentions

Must tithe be announced to the world that you want to pay it

Go and sleep guy
Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Righteousness89(m): 1:54pm On Mar 26, 2020
Lostz:
If you must pay let it be willingly.

giving to God under compulsion is also an abomination to him.

it is clear the op does not want to pay the tithe. he is only giving because he thinks he must

You are not the Op!
He asked a Question! You Give Him Answer! He decides what he wants
Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by saintneo(m): 1:55pm On Mar 26, 2020
dancok:

You should be talking of first Fruit.
Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by Goldenhoney: 1:55pm On Mar 26, 2020
Whiziddo:
TITHE AND TITHING

THIS IS THE PROBLEM OF CHRISTIAN

Oga Paying Tithe is an Old testament Law which was not practised in the new New testament

Like what "JESUS THE CHRIST" said "He came so the former should be fulfilled" ..

If you believe in "JESUS THE CHRIST" Then you ought to do what he ask you to do. He gave a mandate on being a *CHRISTIAN". If you do what is in the old testament then you are not "A CHRISTIAN". You are rather practising "JUDISM".

A CHRISTIAN FOLLOWS THE PATH OF "JESUS THE CHRIST".
DID HE TEACH YOU TO PAY TITHES?

PLEASE LETS BE GUIDED..

KNOW WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN.
OLD TESTAMENT FOR JUDAISM. NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIAN..

SOME WILL SAY WHAT HAPPENS TO THE 10 COMMANDMENTS AS A CHRISTIAN.

YOUR JESUS GAVE YOU THE GOLDEN RULE..

BE WISE AND LIBERATE YOURSELF FROM MENTAL SLAVERY

Jesus doesn't condemn nor abolished paying of tithes. he came to fuilled all d law of d prophet. if we do away with old testament why did jesus quote it against d Devil, why did apostle quote it, why d Paul quote it. Dont misled other old testament is not d same as JUDAISM
Re: Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? by PHijo(m): 1:55pm On Mar 26, 2020
dancok:

The choice is yours! You are as well postponing your prosperity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze: Pastor Adeboye's False Preaching Leads To Poverty. #FreeTheSheeple / Is Your Name In The Book Of Life? / Bishop Oyedepo: God Swore To Make Me Rich Because I Gave Him Car Many Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.