Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Two A’ibom Suspected Corona Cases Confirmed Negative - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Two A’ibom Suspected Corona Cases Confirmed Negative (340 Views)

COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths / 12 New COVID-19 Cases Confirmed By NCDC, Total Now 151 / Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Two A’ibom Suspected Corona Cases Confirmed Negative by ItoroUdotim(m): 11:06am On Mar 26, 2020
TWO A’IBOM SUSPECTED CORONA CASES CONFIRMED NEGATIVE

All patients who were suspected of the dreaded Corona Virus in Akwa Ibom State have been reported negative.

The State Commissioner for Health Dominic Ukpong revealed this in a radio interview on Planet FM in Uyo.

He said the persons both in Immanuel General Hospital, Eket and the University of Uyo Teaching Hospital, Uyo have been tested and cleared of the Corona Virus Disease.

“We went to the teaching hospital once we heard the rumours and got the patient investigated and tested and the result came out negative.”

He said their samples were all taken and tested and no positive result has been recorded.

“Ventilators are used only when someone cannot breathe on his own. We paralyze you so that the machine can breathe for you."

On his relationship with the Nigerian Medical Association, NMA, Dr. Ukpong said, “I was Chairman of NMA in the old Cross River State and the pioneer chairman of NMA in Akwa Ibom State. I relate well with the NMA and the chairman comes to my office frequently and we discuss.

“Recently I was honoured by the Association in the state in view of my relationship with them.

(1) (Reply)

IMO State To Shut Down / COVID-19: 6 Detected Cases On A Vessel Is Not True - Nigeria Port Authority / Doctors Reveals The Proper Mask To Use In Protecting Yourself Against Covid-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.