Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,948 members, 7,806,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

'wonder Drug' To Fight Coronavirus Around World - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'wonder Drug' To Fight Coronavirus Around World (621 Views)

How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? / Pastor Olusegun Taiwo And Madam Wonder's Wedding Busted By Wife, Vicky (Photos) / Wife Beats, Hits Her Husband But The Husband Refuses To Fight Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'wonder Drug' To Fight Coronavirus Around World by brownemmanuel43(m): 11:26am On Mar 26, 2020
Cuba has mobilized its medical corps around the world to distribute a new "wonder drug" that officials there say is capable of treating the new coronavirus despite the United States' strict sanctions that continue to pressure the communist-run island.

The drug, called Interferon Alpha-2B Recombinant (IFNrec), is jointly developed by scientists from Cuba and China, where the coronavirus COVID-19 disease outbreak first emerged late last year. Already active in China since January, the Cuban Medical Brigades began deploying to dozens of nations, providing personnel and products such as its new anti-viral drug to battle the disease that has exceeded 400,000 confirmed cases across the globe. As of Tuesday, over 100,000 people have recovered from the infection and more than 18,000 have died.

Cuba first used advanced interferon techniques to treat dengue fever in the 1980s and later found success in using it to combat HIV, human papillomavirus, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and other diseases. The use of Interferon Alpha-2B Recombinant "prevents aggravation and complications in patients reaching that stage that ultimately can result in death," Cuban biotech expert Luis Herrera Martinez said, according to a recent Yale University Press Blog feature written by the University of Glasgow's Helen Yaffe. She called the treatment a potential "wonder drug" against the new coronavirus.

Yaffe, who recently authored a book on Cuba's post-Soviet economic experience entitled We Are Cuba!, told Newsweek that she knew of at least 15 countries that have contacted Cuba to request the drug, along with "local mayors and hospital directors who are anxious to get hold of the Cuban anti-viral to meet the crisis." Interferon Alpha-2B Recombinant has not been approved to treat COVID-19, but has been proven effective against viruses similar to it.

It has been selected along with 30 other drugs to treat COVID-19 by China's National Health Commission. The World Health Organization will be studying interferon-beta, along with three other drugs, to determine their effectiveness against the new coronavirus.

Cuba's ambitious anti-pandemic efforts are hindered, however, by decades-long U.S. sanctions that one Cuban official described to Newsweek as "the main obstacle not only to respond to major health crises like COVID-19, but the main obstacle to the country's development at any area."

"The lifting of the blockade against Cuba would have an extraordinarily positive impact on Cuba and mostly in the health sector, which has been one of the most damaged areas since the establishment of the blockade almost 60 years ago with more than 3 billion in economic losses," the official added.
Re: 'wonder Drug' To Fight Coronavirus Around World by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 26, 2020
Seeing is believing.
But,kudos to them.

When will it get to Africa,after it has been tested and trusted?
Re: 'wonder Drug' To Fight Coronavirus Around World by brownemmanuel43(m): 12:36pm On Mar 26, 2020
StacyO:
Seeing is believing.
But,kudos to them.

Well, If only US will approve/recognize this. Remember America Sanctioned Ban, so any country that is dealing with Cuba now, gat to be damn careful, politicking is also involve in this. That's why Italian went secretly to Cuba and recruited their medical personnels.
Let's just be hopeful that the ban will be lifted.
If u notice, the virus has drastically reduced in China, all bcs of Cuba vaccine.
Re: 'wonder Drug' To Fight Coronavirus Around World by StrikeBack(m): 12:48pm On Mar 26, 2020
StacyO:
Seeing is believing.
But,kudos to them.

Fake news
Re: 'wonder Drug' To Fight Coronavirus Around World by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 26, 2020
Well, If only US will approve/recognize this. Remember America Sanctioned Ban, so any country that is dealing with Cuba now, gat to be damn careful, politicking is also involve in this. That's why Italian went secretly to Cuba and recruited their medical personnels.
Let's just be hopeful that the ban will be lifted.
If u notice, the virus has drastically reduced in China, all bcs of Cuba vaccine. [/quote]

And how sure are you that it's the Cuba vaccine that is holding the virus down in china?

You only believe and hear what you are told dear.
In my own opinion,I've been thinking that all this might have been a scheme to exercise power and authority over other nations. Cripple the economy a little bit,reduce population growth and grab power by the balls.

Any country that is able to come up with the cure is made!!!! big time!!!! How come it reduced drastically in China?

Now, a new one is cooking up. Their hanta virus or whatever. Tho I strongly believe that's for Chinese citizens who fall victims only.

A lot going on in Africa and in the whole world at large,from corrupt leaders,crime,climate changes,violence,insecurities and someone had the impetus to cook something like this.

Nigeria would have been among the countries to have no confirmed cases yet but,corruption and incompetence is the order of the day with the old aged leaders.

If people stay indoors in Nigeria, covid-19 won't kill em,*hunger will*.

Bet it with me, more will come up,as long as man continues to tamper with nature.
Re: 'wonder Drug' To Fight Coronavirus Around World by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 26, 2020
StrikeBack:
Fake news

Yeah
Fake news sells better on here?

Sometimes,things that happen don't get to the people that want to hear them after they've believed the unnecessary ones.

Heart attack will kill people,more like Covid-19 will.
I don't click on any page from any blogger cause I know nothing good will come out of it.

Stop selling fake news bloggers,it's not worth it.

Give the right news,with current and standard updates and your blog will be more appreciated.

1 Like

Re: 'wonder Drug' To Fight Coronavirus Around World by StrikeBack(m): 1:31pm On Mar 26, 2020
StacyO:

Yeah
Fake news sells better on here?

Sometimes,things that happen don't get to the people that want to hear them after they've believed the unnecessary ones.

Heart attack will kill people,more like Covid-19 will.
I don't click on any page from any blogger cause I know nothing good will come out of it.

Stop selling fake news bloggers,it's not worth it.

Give the right news,with current and standard updates and your blog will be more appreciated.
beauty with brains.. can I PM you?
Re: 'wonder Drug' To Fight Coronavirus Around World by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 26, 2020
StrikeBack:

Eya too bad,
my email is being quarantined grin
StrikeBack:
Re: 'wonder Drug' To Fight Coronavirus Around World by StrikeBack(m): 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2020
StacyO:

Eya too bad,

heeya! Is it safe to call you stacycorona?
Re: 'wonder Drug' To Fight Coronavirus Around World by Sidmond: 2:44pm On Mar 26, 2020
StacyO:

Eya too bad,

I absolutely LOVE your response. Lkmd!!

1 Like

Re: 'wonder Drug' To Fight Coronavirus Around World by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 26, 2020
StrikeBack:
heeya! Is it safe to call you stacycorona?
I'm sure your phone screen have broken. Why will you join my name to that name guy?!?!!
You can call me the corona queen. Lol
mmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Stayathome Drama As Woman Discovered Her Husband Camped His Girlfriend In Their / 5 Yrs Of Childlessness: Pregnant Woman Dies While Giving Birth / Kanye West,Dbanj, Don Jazzy: Some Regrets In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.