Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Why Progress Will Always Be 969 Years Away From Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Progress Will Always Be 969 Years Away From Nigeria (665 Views)

Don't Use SOKOLOAN, I Repeat Stay Away From Sokoloan / "Away From The Storm In Lagos" - Femi Otedola Speaks From Paris / India Offers To Buy N367bn Pulse Beans From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Progress Will Always Be 969 Years Away From Nigeria by RESHARPENED: 12:09pm On Mar 26, 2020
The current flow of the CoronaVirus through nations the world has brought to light the different natures of people and nations. Nigerians have not been spared. It has always been obvious that most Nigerians possess an innate capacity for wickedness. Though subdued, this wickedness within occasionally parades itself amongst us. And I have various fresh accounts of these parades but I only going to write of one that made me realizes that, perhaps, when Zarathustra said "even now a human is more ape than ape." Maybe Nigerians remain stuck in the baser levels of evolution.

On Monday, I wanted to get cash from a bank. It doesn't seem like the lockdown is going to be over anytime soon so I decided to stock up and go into hibernation. I read it somewhere that the CoronaVirus can stay in the air for a few minutes. That means if someone sneezes or coughs the virus into the air a couple of minutes ago, you can still inhale it. And get infected, just like that.

All men must die, but I will not be responsible for my own death. That is what took me to the doors of a small Pharmacy in the first leg of my journey.

"I want to buy face mask. I am talking about that nose mask that doctors wear" I told the guy I met there.
"it's. #100" he said this with a funny look on his face. The look probably had something to do with the fact that the price had been marked up by about 50%.
"Give me one"
The guy searched a shelf for the mask only to return to tell me that the mask is no longer available.
I left there with a "there's God o" shake of my head.

I walked as someone holding in Diarrhea would walk to a rest room. Never forgetting to hold my breath at the sound of any suspicious sneezing, coughing or someone breathing too deeply. Finally, I got to the bank and turned around. The queue looked like they were awaiting a vaccine for CoronaVirus. I am not one to tempt the Lord my God, off to my house.

I tried again on Wednesday and I noticed little changes. Immediatdly inside the gate, the bank now had a security man waiting with a mini tank of water and liquid soap in hand. Everyone coming into the bank must first wash their hands. A wonderful development. But the queue was still too long. And it wasn't moving fast enough.
I decided to visit a nearby Campus and use the banks in there. With sharpish movements I made my way there.

On my way from the Campus, I entered the same Pharmacy I did on Monday.
"I want to buy face mask"
"It's #300"
It was the same guy I met there on Monday and even though I didn't know the kind of mask he was talking about, I said
"No, No I am not talking about that one. I am talking about that nose mask that doctors wear. That one with spaghetti strap"
"It's #300"
"Which one are you talking about? Bring it let me see" And he brought out the same nose mask that normally sells for #50.
I thanked him and left. I will not be party to the encouragement of greed.

I got home and scrubbed myself with soap and water. I read somewhere that CoronaVirus stays in the throat for 7 days before finally moving deep into the body. Drinking hot water helps to combat it during that period. I substituted that for a hot cup of tea.

Nigerians have no conscience. Most of them, anyway. A virus is ravaging the world and the only thing that their brain can come up with is how to make unholy profit from the pandemic. Wickedness lurks within the foundation of this nation. Until it is surgically removed, Nigeria will know no progress.

Stay Safe!

1 Like

Re: Why Progress Will Always Be 969 Years Away From Nigeria by thesicilian: 12:17pm On Mar 26, 2020
While other countries are actively looking for ways to get the needed protective materials to as many people as possible at little or no cost, we here are trying to rip off our brothers and sisters for personal gain.
And the funny thing is, these greedy individuals never seem to get rich no matter what they do.

Nice write up by the way.
Re: Why Progress Will Always Be 969 Years Away From Nigeria by ImahGabi22(m): 1:12am On Mar 27, 2020
Good day
Please I sent u a mail regarding a book ..I will appreciate if we can talk via mail

(1) (Reply)

Book Your Ride Within Oyo State With Us / Blco Buyer That Can Do This Simple Procedure Is Needed Urgently / How Do I Patent My Unique Business Idea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.