Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? (27568 Views)

Prepare For A Pandemic Worse Than COVID-19 - WHO Chief, Tedros / I Always Go "Raw" With Multiple Partners Until STI Taught Me A Hard Lesson / Covid-19 What Is Madagascar Doing Differently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by bezimo(m): 6:15pm On Mar 26, 2020
Teach us to number our days that we may apply our hearts to wisdom.

The pandemic has shown to me that na God still get power pass. Just one plague he allowed, the whole world can't move..everybody run inside humble.Its time to respect and reverence God in all our dealings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by Fanky8: 6:16pm On Mar 26, 2020
[s]
post=87788696:
It taught us that Nothing is impossible and in an instant of a blink of an eye, the whole world can change simultaneously.
And many other things we come up with in our time of soliloquies.

Overall, It brought us much more closer to God
[/s]
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by sterlingbrown: 6:17pm On Mar 26, 2020
I'hve learnt that life is too short, I'm having a baby immediately after all this is over.
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by braveheart77: 6:17pm On Mar 26, 2020
Human Beings: We're not there yet.!!

Religious leaders should emphasize more on science and understand that it is important; false teaching should stop too abt prophecies and miracles.

Illiteracy: Many citizens in the country are illiterates

Greed: There are many greedy people profiting at the risk of other peoples lives.. Sanitizers, etc

Only God is worthy!! We can all die in a flash.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by EvangelistChuks(m): 6:17pm On Mar 26, 2020
MANSPRIDE:
we can do without church and mosque, but the world will perish without science
science will resurrect you after your long years on earth. Hmmmm. Give your life to Jesus Christ today.
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:19pm On Mar 26, 2020
It has taught me that a microbe so tiny that cannot be seen with the naked eye, light microscope has brought the entire world to a standstill, is so powerful.

It has also taught me what a pandemic practically looks like, something I only studied in test books theoretically.
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by luluman: 6:19pm On Mar 26, 2020
naija1stpikin:

Now add yours. What have you learnt

Nairalanders come and tell us the lessons you've learnt grin
That there is nothing like world power.
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by ShenTeh(m): 6:19pm On Mar 26, 2020
This pandemic has taught me 4 huge things:

1. We are all so connected. The disease is not airborne and can only by contacted through nose and mouth droplets making contacts ONLY through eyes, nose and mouth but it has still shown that it can go round everybody on the planet. So we've all been kissing all this while!

2. Money can fail.

3. The world focused on technology (with craze for IoTs and 'New Models'), while science was relegated.

4. When all is said and done, Home is HOME (in every sense of the world)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by JastSiryin(m): 6:21pm On Mar 26, 2020
It's has taught me... Or I should say 'shown' me just how fleeting life is. And just how fragile we really are, even though we tend to overestimate our strength because of our intellect and accomplishments. Our claim to the top of the food chain would never be certain. And just as our existence means the demise of certain organisms, e.g animals and plants for food, medicine, etc. There exists various organisms whose very existence pose a threat to us. But unlike us, their effects are neither targeted nor purposeful. They're just doing their thing as it seems. So that already makes nonsense of the notion that there's a "war" to be waged against them (corona in this case). That's only just a word used so as to stare up camaraderie for a common cause.So, simply put, corona doesn't give two sh*ts about us! We're just trying to survive smiley

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by GODWIN78(m): 6:21pm On Mar 26, 2020
The virus has expose the signs and wonders churche,s,this is the time for them to prove if GOD is their,
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by IWillSueYou(m): 6:27pm On Mar 26, 2020
pahars:
Everyone is human regardless of your fame,money or status.God should always be first.

Thank you.
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by IWillSueYou(m): 6:28pm On Mar 26, 2020
shestrong:
Money cannot buy or do everything. The supreme being should not be taken for granted

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by Origin(f): 6:29pm On Mar 26, 2020
Nothing pass life jare....

All other things are overhype....

In this period who de look your wears, shoes , watches...some people head don straight small...

For this isolate no fight your neighbour u fit need garri from him hand o.....

Power don change hands. People de greet Drs with respect now....
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by Jefe1(m): 6:31pm On Mar 26, 2020
You can ask me again when we overcome the virus but for now man is still scampering for safety
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by themanderon: 6:33pm On Mar 26, 2020
It taught me that everything we hold so dear to us, money, wealth, fame, sports, etc are all vanity and vexation of spirit and will one day be taken away from us take it or leave it.
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by nnaeyes6: 6:35pm On Mar 26, 2020
The virus has taught me how to cook food o.
Omo! I can't eat outside o
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by Bianda24: 6:38pm On Mar 26, 2020
One of the lessons learnt is that humans are the same all over. What befall one, befalls another.
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by Gmama49(f): 6:44pm On Mar 26, 2020
MANSPRIDE:
we can do without church and mosque, but the world will perish without science
I have said it before and I will say it again, faith and science are not mutually exclusive. The people who are fathers of science are actually people of faith. If only you so called enlightened people will study history.
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by Tnycee(m): 6:46pm On Mar 26, 2020
It has taught me that Almighty God (YHWH) is supreme and rules over the affairs of men. And it he can cause the world to end in a twinkle of an eye.
It also taught me that all bible prophecies must come to pass.
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by Amanda4life: 6:47pm On Mar 26, 2020
This global corona virus pandemic has taught me to acknowledge and respect God more.

It has also taught me to live each moment as if its my last moment.

Not good to borrow into your future, eg loan.

It has also taught me to be me.

It has taught me that God can make and can also bring down.

To have an untouchable savings.

Don't hope or trust in anything thing, because nature can change it for you.

It has taught me not to trust anybody, any knowledge, except God

It has also taught me that as time goes on church may not be necessary except our relationship with God

It has taught me that it is necessary to train your body, spirit, soul and body.

Also to forgive people and help them

That God has power to subdue anything, and to humble people, eg. Trump and some chronic night crawlers , bihari and his God father.

It really taught me that that there is a greater power above all earth

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by Hopebringer: 6:48pm On Mar 26, 2020
That girls can starve without hoping around grin
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by jeremy889: 6:54pm On Mar 26, 2020
For those that have been disturbing me, This is where to get

Latest CoronaVirus Updates (verified):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/cvngnews

Thank me later
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by 360command: 6:58pm On Mar 26, 2020
I have learnt that the plague that happened in Egypt can likely repeat itself and wipe out some of the human race.
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by Vulcanheph(m): 7:04pm On Mar 26, 2020
Homers123:
We need to invest more in our Health sector, spend less on religion and frivolities.

That 98% of naija pastors are fake and are only interested in money making, the naija government doesn't really care about us and our top.business people are selfish and the common man on the street will take advantage of every chance to.exploit his brother man.
You have said it all .

Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by nextstep(m): 7:07pm On Mar 26, 2020
It taught me that the only thing religion has been useful for, is sowing fear - and maybe giving irrational hope.

It doesn't rationally explain the reason, and prevention of disease.
It doesn't find vaccines or cures.
It doesn't stimulate economies.
It doesn't manufacture or distribute masks or antiseptics.

The only thing it's been useful for is confusing modern humans with ancient writings, and trying to pin natural disasters on some failing in humanity.

It reminds one that life has always been fragile, but yet resilient. This is the only life you have, and there's no afterlife subsequent to this.

I also hope it stirs something in the minds and hearts of our leaders - to realize that they need to love and develop their country, because there will be times they can't run away abroad.

Oh, I wonder what those prophets will say, once March ends and Coro is still with us? OF course, they'll bring out some other claptrap to remain relevant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by Neoteny7: 7:09pm On Mar 26, 2020
That china should ban the consumption of exotic animals
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by NELLY1990: 7:22pm On Mar 26, 2020
It has taught me how to be courageous and never fear death but to find my place in God.
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by davibid: 7:27pm On Mar 26, 2020
We are all equal before God
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by Uchgibson(m): 7:28pm On Mar 26, 2020
I learnt that those acclaimed men of God that we often look up to in severe situations,care less about our lives rather they consider what comes out from our pockets.
Again,there is no better place of worship than my private room.
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by Farki: 7:30pm On Mar 26, 2020
That most people won't run from the fire on the mountain until their houses start burning.

That religion, work, politics, the economy can all be put aside to fight a common threat. In the end you realise that life is more than your job, your possessions or your opinions. If we had this sort of global collective action who knows how much better the world would be?
Re: Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? by sprints1: 7:34pm On Mar 26, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
you have to look at the GOOD THINGS that coronavirus brought to the world:
- cheating has reduced 99% thanks to quarantine
- you will finally get to spend quality time with your partner
- you will finally have time to spend with your kids
- pollution from cars is down, less money spent on gas
- less money spent on bars/clubs/parties/boys outings and frivolous BS
- you dont need to go walking around shopping malls with wifey any longer
- you can stay home all day wearing nothing but boxers so less clothing wash
- most importantly, teaches you how important SAVING is !!!!
bullshit*t.. U think is funny being useless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Please Help....i Forget Things Easily These Days... / WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment / UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.