Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec (781 Views)

Poll: Which side will get 3 points?

Birmingham: 14% (1 vote)
Manchester Utd: 57% (4 votes)
Neither; they'll draw: 28% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Vs Man Utd (1 - 1) - Live / UCL: Benfica Vs Man Utd (1 - 1) On 14th September 2011 / Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by Cristalz(f): 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2010
Birmingham manager Alex McLeish hopes his players' professionalism will hold them in good stead ahead of their clash with Manchester United.
McLeish's side have not played for more than two weeks after their matches against Newcastle and Everton were postponed because of the freezing conditions in England.
But McLeish said the disruption to their schedule would not have an adverse effect on their game come Tuesday.
"Due to our home game against Newcastle last weekend having been postponed due to adverse weather conditions we have now not played for a fortnight," McLeish said.
"The professionalism of these players is second to none and, after the initial disappointment, they insisted on getting back to Birmingham for a training session.
"This will of course now lead to a fixture backlog and that will be a challenge but after what this group of players have shown in terms of their attitude, dedication and professionalism I certainly wouldn't back against them."

Birmingham have slipped to 17th on the Premier League table after their Boxing Day fixture against Everton was postponed, but they will not be overawed against their big name opponents on Tuesday having already defeated reigning champions Chelsea earlier this season.
The Blues have conceded only four goals more than their opponents on Tuesday, but their return of 17 goals from 17 games will be of real concern to McLeish.
McLeish has few injury worries heading into the match, with Alexander Hleb and James McFadden his only first-choice players who are unavailable.

Manchester United come into the match after a comfortable 2-0 win over Sunderland on Boxing Day in a game Sir Alex Ferguson admitted they had struggled to get into top gear.
But the veteran manager believes his side is close to finding their best football.
"We're coming to good form," Ferguson said. "In the last few weeks we've played some very good stuff and they're getting that consistency - particularly defending."
"We're really looking solid at the back and these are good signs for us, and it's an important time to get that."

Paul Scholes and Antonio Valencia are still out with injury, but Bulgarian Dimitar Berbatov will be a certain starter after he scored the winning double against Sunderland. Nani may be available as he struggles to recover from a hip problem, and Darren Fletcher's involvement will hinge on his recovery from a cold.
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by Fest7: 3:26pm On Dec 28, 2010
My lovely manchester united unbeaten race dis season continues.AWAY win for manchester united,chelsea and ancelotti to cry blood
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by chamotex(m): 6:19pm On Dec 28, 2010
I just hope we play well . . . any win will do
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by tubabie(f): 8:52pm On Dec 28, 2010
There's only one change from the team that played the last game: Gibbson for Park.
Our team does not look too fresh compared to the Brummies who played last on Dec 11. Anyway , we I hope we cop a resounding win.
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by RuuDie(m): 10:23pm On Dec 28, 2010
Yes, yes, yes. . . . Berbatov grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by debosky(m): 10:48pm On Dec 28, 2010
G-O-A-A-A-A-L-L-L!!!! grin
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by tubabie(f): 10:52pm On Dec 28, 2010
Total crap!!!! sad
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by presido1: 10:55pm On Dec 28, 2010
tubabie:

Total crap!!!! sad
Complete crap tongue tongue They don't even derseve the a point. The formation is rubbish,
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by debosky(m): 10:55pm On Dec 28, 2010
Dancing kpalongo. grin grin grin

United's point dropping habit away continues. . . . .that serves Fergie right for playing for 1-0. Why didn't he bring on Chicharito till it was too late?

Points dropped is sweet music to my ears. grin
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by tubabie(f): 11:01pm On Dec 28, 2010
Debo go to bed jare!

That was a handball by Zigic angry but anyway,crap happens.
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by nateevs(m): 11:02pm On Dec 28, 2010
Any point dropped is welcome.
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by chamotex(m): 11:02pm On Dec 28, 2010
debosky:

United's point dropping habit away continues. . . . .that serves Fergie right for playing for 1-0. Why didn't he bring on Chicharito till it was too late?

Those Birmingham players had this 'never say die' attitude that just didn't give us any breathing space.
Our players look tired at the end . . . and even Gibson had his hands on his knees just before the goal when Fegie was telling him to get up.

I think Birmingham deserved the point but we need to sort out this away form ASAP.
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by codeb(m): 11:04pm On Dec 28, 2010
very interesting match.  grin grin
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by tubabie(f): 11:13pm On Dec 28, 2010
chamotex:

Those Birmingham players had this 'never say die' attitude that just didn't give us any breathing space.
Our players look tired at the end . . . and even Gibson had his hands on his knees just before the goal when Fegie was telling him to get up.

I think Birmingham deserved the point but we need to sort out this away form ASAP.

That was what I noticed about the team Ferguson presented, our Boys were tired and not fresh. I hope we sort our form out before the 1st of January 2011.
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by slimshay(m): 11:13pm On Dec 28, 2010
Fergie wasn't telling Gibson to get up. That was the signal for soakit up. Meaning drop back and protect the lead. In my opinion I think that was a wrong call. United's harrying in d middle meant they didn't have time and space to put balls in properly.
Anyways, make e no be like say I vex, Hahahahahahahahaa!!! Another 2 points gone, truly a red and white xmas it seems.
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by chamotex(m): 11:17pm On Dec 28, 2010
tubabie:

That was what I noticed about the team Ferguson presented, our Boys were tired and not fresh. I hope we sort our form out before the 1st of January 2011.

A point at St. Andrews isn't bad . . . it's just the way we let it slip away once again.
The decision didn't go our way.
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by codedguy1(m): 11:20pm On Dec 28, 2010
debosky:

Because you managed to beat a team on a downward spiral, u dey dance!!

May amadioha make your legs be in a permanent state of kpalongo grin

@ Mancs

I will take this draw considering it's Birmingham. To negotiate 4 games in 10 days nor be yam. we are still on top.
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by debosky(m): 11:35pm On Dec 28, 2010
^^ you dey craze. . . .abi my name be Zigic or Bowyer? cheesy

Any curses back to sender and to Nani.  tongue

Go and vex for Fergie and your boys - Carrick and Evra just watching Bowyer slide in to score as if their boxing day shekpe still dey worry dem. cheesy

Fergie was doing something silly on the touchline rubbing his chest. . . .is the man going senile? grin
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by codedguy1(m): 12:01am On Dec 29, 2010
You are asking if Fergie is senile?

i am telling u that AW is aleady senile!!! grin

He has been senile consistent for atleast 5 years.

And he confirmed it beyond reasonable and unreasonable doubt when he didn't even know what kind of trophy he should be challenging for.

i nor blame you, na chelsea i blame, thats why u are having erections all over the place. lets see how you guys will perform against Wigan.

Buncha bloodclot grin grin
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by cougar1: 1:03am On Dec 29, 2010
debosky:

at least, they didn't lose the game. an epic fail was arsenal leading wigan 2-0 last season with 10 mins to go and end up losing 3-2. why didn't wenger bring on eduardo till it was too late? surely, eduardo's pace would have worried the wigan defence and vela's brilliance would have put wigan in their place cos the mexican is a sharp shooter.

united drew against a team who only lost at home once in 23 games!!! what a disgraceful display by fergie's boys.  still unbeaten, still playing sub-par when they should be eight points clear. i guess it doesn't say anything about the rest of the league that this crappy united side is topping the league with two games to spare, does it? grin
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by debosky(m): 1:21am On Dec 29, 2010
^^ TBH the whole league is shyte. . . . inconsistent teams all over.
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by chamotex(m): 3:04am On Dec 29, 2010
debosky:

^^ TBH the whole league is shyte. . . . inconsistent teams all over.

It makes it more exciting and not predictable like it used to
Re: Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec by dominique(f): 8:37am On Dec 29, 2010
^^^ exactly so, its more fun this way. I like the way the table changes after every matchday.

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea V Liverpool [F.A Cup Final 2012] / Drogba Leaving Chelsea / Football Imposibilities That Can Never Happen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.