Stats: 3,149,907 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses (117588 Views)

Rosy Meurer Rocks Cleavage-Baring Outfit To AY's 48th Birthday Dinner / Alex Unusual Slays In Cleavage-Baring Outfit To AY Live / Hushpuppi Responds To AY Gucci Bag Post (2) (3) (4)

Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by aywhy93(m): 10:57am On Mar 27, 2020
Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by paroh137(m): 10:58am On Mar 27, 2020
Or11:
Why do most Nigerians feel they need to change their accent when they speak with a foreigner? Nigerian accent is rated as one of the sexiest in the world. People should learn to embrace it.

It's normal human nature to want to communicate as effectively as possible. You want to speak with them in the way they'll understand best, the way they're used to.

Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by sisisioge: 10:59am On Mar 27, 2020
Idris baby...you and Sabrina will fully recover darling kiss kiss kiss
Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 27, 2020
wagazala:

Sometimes it's to save you the stress of having to repeat yourself. When you speak with the Nigerian accent to a foreigner, some of them don't get some words.

What I don't fancy is speaking to a Nigerian with a foreign accent. Once I know you be naija , my brain auto switches, it's involuntary.

Chances are likely people won't understand you with a fake accent. We don't even know which accent some people are faking.. British, American or Australian. It's cringy af

Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by DavidEsq(m): 11:00am On Mar 27, 2020
AdmiralDru:

I was in a conference video meeting with about 20+ other people on zoom and we were gonna introduce ourselves. Immediately I started speaking (with my normal Nigerian accent), the host (a Swiss lady) started laughing all through the 30 secs I spoke about myself. I guess it's cause of my accent.
Was it Igbo accent? U know she wasn't mocking u ba? She was likely feeling entertained
Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by Shattuck(m): 11:02am On Mar 27, 2020
AdmiralDru:

I was in a conference video meeting with about 20+ other people on zoom and we were gonna introduce ourselves. Immediately I started speaking (with my normal Nigerian accent), the host (a Swiss lady) started laughing all through the 30 secs I spoke about myself. I guess it's cause of my accent.
you no ask her why she dey laugh?
Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by ednut1(m): 11:02am On Mar 27, 2020
Be like this guy no catch any coro
Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 27, 2020
Congrats COVIDERS grin
Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by Totilopussylick(m): 11:03am On Mar 27, 2020
Na over sabi be our challenge grin
Or11:
Why do most Nigerians feel they need to change their accent when they speak with a foreigner? Nigerian accent is rated as one of the sexiest in the world. People should learn to embrace it.
Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by Kokaine(m): 11:03am On Mar 27, 2020
Or11:
looool. I did online interviews twice. One with a Britons and the other an American. I had to count my words clearly so they hear me. And I wasn't even hearing them. I kept asking sorry? Could you come again? grin grin grin grin grin thank God i wasnt even saying ehn?! Or chai! Or eiyahh they tried to call me earlier but my phone was swithed off! Then they started talking really slowly for me to catch up. That's why its good to be watching film when you are small. If I don't read the translation on the screen most times I miss the message. Na wa o. I too local

Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by Philinho(m): 11:03am On Mar 27, 2020
All is vanity
Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by Dshocker(m): 11:04am On Mar 27, 2020
Why was AY forming accent
Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by Geofavor(m): 11:05am On Mar 27, 2020
AdmiralDru:

Hahaha.. Your accent must be really terrible..
Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by sweetsell: 11:05am On Mar 27, 2020
If na Igbo do the video we for no rest for Nigeria truout this month

Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by Ykc2(m): 11:06am On Mar 27, 2020
wagazala:

Sometimes it's to save you the stress of having to repeat yourself. When you speak with the Nigerian accent to a foreigner, some of them don't get some words.

What I don't fancy is speaking to a Nigerian with a foreign accent. Once I know you be naija , my brain auto switches, it's involuntary.
your very correct, if you speak the way we spoke in Nigeria to a foreigner you go repeat your self sotey na you go tire

Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by NaijaOlosho(f): 11:06am On Mar 27, 2020
So Ay can't donate as small as hand sanitizers to the poor

Where are the Nigerian celebrities undecided
Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by Nerro042: 11:06am On Mar 27, 2020
Or11:
Why do most Nigerians feel they need to change their accent when they speak with a foreigner? Nigerian accent is rafted as one of the sexiest in the world. People should learn to embrace it.

It's funny I actually think we Nigerians don't have an accent. Our English is kinda straight.

Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by SweetCunt97(f): 11:07am On Mar 27, 2020
Good for them
Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by ScotMisile: 11:07am On Mar 27, 2020
Or11:
The igbo accent actually,even Naija babes dey trip for that igbo boy accent....because it means money.

Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by anonimi: 11:07am On Mar 27, 2020
modelsms:
Nigerians and big houses.

Since we don't pay taxes appropriates, especially our yeyebrities like AY and those we call big men.

[img]https://fatchicksings.files./2013/04/deathandtaxes.jpg[/img]

Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by OChimex: 11:07am On Mar 27, 2020
Or11:

They do that because obviously, they think the way we struggle to understand any American speaking, is the way they struggle to understand us if we speak in our ascent hence, we try to speak in their ascent so as to remove the struggle for them.

But they don't know that not all american or white people struggle to understand our ascent. Especially if the person has spoken with lots of Nigerians in the past.

Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by GermanMelania: 11:08am On Mar 27, 2020
Or11:

You believe that sexiest rubbish but then get mad whrn they change it for the same peoplw? It is called code switching. Westerners can be rude. They dont try to deduce what u are saying and just start shoutibg whar? Or repeat your word likw say na shit. Just because u no stress one vowel reach. Hence people do that to protect from that rubbish.

Btw they only included naija on the sexiest thing so thwy wouldnt be called racist.

Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by Hoodbilonia: 11:09am On Mar 27, 2020
Ay aint got shiit
20m. 10m aint shiit
Car lot filled with copart vehicles
Proud shiiiit

Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by Arabiandude: 11:09am On Mar 27, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
So Ay can't donate as small as hand sanitizers to the poor

Where are the Nigerian celebrities undecided
You think most of them have the money to? My brother, most of them are living take lives... Big houses, big cars and no money in their account

Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by Danielkupiejo: 11:11am On Mar 27, 2020
He see Ay house and he was shocked.
Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by guccimilan(m): 11:12am On Mar 27, 2020
[color=#006600][/color][quote author=Or11 post=87800712]Why do most Nigerians feel they need to change their accent when they speak with a foreigner? Nigerian accent is rated as one of the sexiest in the world. People should learn to embrace it.[

Every language in the world got it's own accent, as you know it will sound awkward to speak yoruba with Calabar or British accent so the best is to speak every language with it's own accent.

Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by Geofavor(m): 11:12am On Mar 27, 2020
wagazala:

If you have to repeat yourself when you're talking to a native English speaker, it means you're not pronouncing your words correctly. Don't say it's the Nigerian accent. It's colloquial accent. To get a hint of what the real Nigerian accent sounds like, listen to Frank Idoho, Joseph Benjamin, and a few more well-spoken TV personalities. They wouldn't have to repeat themselves when talking to Americans or Britons, yet they don't sound like Americans or Britons.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by Kalusam(m): 11:12am On Mar 27, 2020
Because sadly, not every non-Nigerian understands the Nigerian accent and one thing you don't want to do is to keep repeating yourself, or talking painstakingly slow to someone just for them to understand you.
Or11:

Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by richard870(m): 11:13am On Mar 27, 2020
ifykris22:
Yea true .. we have the sexiest assents..

My friends tell me grin
Its called INFERIORITY COMPLEX!
Re: Idris Elba To AY Makun: Your Wardrobe Is Bigger Than Most People's Houses by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 27, 2020
DModeCntStopMe:

Nigerians and eye service!

The poster said he was "captured" in a video. Who captured him?

Inferiority complex has finished AY and most Nigerians. The niggarrr deliberately shot the video to brag to his fellow complex Nigerians say em sabi Idris.

AY don't come across to me like a comedian, it's so whack!

How people find him funny still amazes me

Ay is a good show organiser , a social entrepreneur and a serial entertainment investor.

He is neither a good comedian nor actor.

Breaking News Peter Edochie Is Dead / Olamide Removes Dreadlocks, Dances To Show Off His Bald Head / VIDEO Young Secondary School Girl Having Sex In Class With Two Guys In Class