Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? (2588 Views)

What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? / How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? / Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by promotervickky(m): 5:12pm On Mar 27, 2020
For few people who knows me here, i check vins for people who intend to buy cars. I had one of my clients who just checked his VIN, it was a 2010 lexus es350. The car was clean, but had a high mileage of 211,516km and driven in Canada.

Is there problem with the mileage, is it safe for him to buy, regardless of good service history?

1 Like

Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by promotervickky(m): 5:13pm On Mar 27, 2020
For me, I don't send good service history o, i rather stick with low mileage car.

Drop your opinions
Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by kernniejay(m): 6:53pm On Mar 27, 2020
Vehicle experts where are you? cc: Nurey, deportivo, kingreignn, Gazzuzz, Cosplay etc.
Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:54pm On Mar 27, 2020
promotervickky:
For few people who knows me here, i check vins for people who intend to buy cars. I had one of my clients who just checked his VIN, it was a 2010 lexus es350. The car was clean, but had a high mileage of 211,516miles and driven in Canada.

Is there problem with the mileage, is it safe for him to buy, regardless of good service history?

pics of the under
Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by promotervickky(m): 6:55pm On Mar 27, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

pics of the under

Unfortunately pictures of under is not available, but I can tell them to snap it and send
Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by nurey(m): 7:01pm On Mar 27, 2020
Canadian cars I notice always have high mileage just prepare to change some mechanical parts.

1 Like

Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by dicksonadams(m): 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2020
Go low... Go long... My personal mantra after some high mileage car show me churchin...

But you can be lucky a times...
Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by promotervickky(m): 7:01am On Mar 28, 2020
dicksonadams:
Go low... Go long... My personal mantra after some high mileage car show me churchin...

But you can be lucky a times...

Yes true
Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by 9icetoo(m): 10:56pm On Mar 28, 2020
Low mileage driven in New York will be worse than high mileage driven 90% on the highway. There is no hard and fast rule although there are exceptions (300,000) cheesy Na better mileage oo.
That said, if the body of this car is neat, free of rust and no error codes, I'd buy the car.

1 Like

Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by promotervickky(m): 12:06am On Mar 29, 2020
grin
9icetoo:
Low mileage driven in New York will be worse than high mileage driven 90% on the highway. There is no hard and fast rule although there are exceptions (300,000) cheesy Na better mileage oo.
That said, if the body of this car is neat, free of rust and no error codes, I'd buy the car.
Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by Deoboss(m): 5:13pm On Mar 29, 2020
promotervickky:
For few people who knows me here, i check vins for people who intend to buy cars. I had one of my clients who just checked his VIN, it was a 2010 lexus es350. The car was clean, but had a high mileage of 211,516miles and driven in Canada.

Not worth buying. As from 150,000miles upwards is a red flag for me

2 Likes

Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by promotervickky(m): 3:52pm On Apr 04, 2020
Thanks for the inputs
Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by kayola11(m): 8:49pm On Apr 04, 2020
Run a Carfax and go through the maintenance history, if car was never skipped at 5000 miles, it would be a good buy, that car had a high mileage cause the owner in the states enjoyed it and flogged it around, if u don’t buy it a dealer will, reduce d mileage and sell to same people running there mouths like tap saying above 150k.....
Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by promotervickky(m): 10:45pm On Apr 04, 2020
kayola11:
Run a Carfax and go through the maintenance history, if car was never skipped at 5000 miles, it would be a good buy, that car had a high mileage cause the owner in the states enjoyed it and flogged it around, if u don’t buy it a dealer will, reduce d mileage and sell to same people running there mouths like tap saying above 150k.....

This behavior of dealers lowering mileage is getting serious.

That's how I inspected a 2011 camry, rust was all over the engine base. It was a Canada car. The mileage was 99,999miles. Them lower am
Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by SortOut: 1:42am On Apr 17, 2020
Op, is the car manufactured and used in canada? Most canadian cars have their instrument cluster calibrated in Kilometers,
1mile = 1.609km. That means the car has 125,157miles of trip mileage, which is average for a 10year old vehicle. However, be sure to have undercarriage well inspected as well as engine bay to check out for rust.

2 Likes

Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by ivoryhouse(m): 12:41pm On Apr 17, 2020
promotervickky:

This behavior of dealers lowering mileage is getting serious.

That's how I inspected a 2011 camry, rust was all over the engine base. It was a Canada car. The mileage was 99,999miles. Them lower am
It's not rocket science to figure out the real mileage of a car. Assume the average car, overseas (USA) has a mileage of 10000miles per year. So the 2011 Camry you mentioned may actually have shown the real mileage. Canadian cars most likely have rust in the suspension and lower part of the engine, that's what you should be concerned with, once you've looked at the . Nigerians also have high expectations. How else do you explain someone believing a 2006 Camry with 75000miles on the odometer?
Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by KINGreignn: 1:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
Deoboss:

Not worth buying. As from 150,000miles upwards is a red flag for me

Wrong. Very very wrong idea. A low mileage car used in New York or some other busy location will have more wear and tear than a car having considerably higher mileage driven on the interstate highways.

1 Like

Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by promotervickky(m): 2:07pm On Apr 17, 2020
KINGreignn:

Wrong. Very very wrong idea. A low mileage car used in New York or some other busy location will have more wear and tear than a car having considerably higher mileage driven on the interstate highways.

Nice tips, it's good to weigh in many options
Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:12pm On Apr 17, 2020
Canada is massive. That explains the high mileage. Mostly highway miles, which is the best.
Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by chukel(m): 7:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
promotervickky:

driven in Canada should have mileage in km
Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by KINGreignn: 10:05pm On Apr 17, 2020
chukel:
driven in Canada should have mileage in km

Not always the case, Canada accepts miles and kilometers units.
Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by Deoboss(m): 9:02am On Apr 18, 2020
KINGreignn:

You have a point but that’s just my own take

2 Likes

Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by promotervickky(m): 11:29am On Aug 19, 2020
cheesy
Re: Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? by ssppen: 12:20pm On Aug 19, 2020
Distance covered by Canadian cars are usually measured in kilometers rather than miles used as the American Standard . With 1mile=1.609km.Reason why Canadian cars seem to apparently have more 'millage'. If this holds true,it means the car has actually covered 131430 miles.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Advice On Toyota Solara 2002-2005 / Honda Is Always 1,2 Steps Away From The Toyota / North Korea Hasn't Paid For These Volvo Cars They Bought 45 Years Ago 4rm Sweden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.