Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! (11849 Views)

Whats So Special About Igbo Girls?? / Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... / Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by mcnikes(m): 10:13pm On Dec 28, 2010
Hey people,
i seriously need help with this.
There's this girl that I've been having sleepless nights about. I usually visit my big bro and anytime I come around i kinda like the girl.
Now i stay with that my bro, and took my time to study the girl, I kept this feeling to my self cos i really wanted to know her better and also know if these feelings would fade over time(am that kinda person, some times my feelings for girls just sizzle out),
I swear, that girl is everything I need in a woman.
i just opened up to her about how I feel, and she said its totally not good cos we're next door neighbours and that "she also gets tired of people easily".
I don't think I can leave her cos I've never felt like this with any girl. I've no intention of rushing her.
What I can't figure out is, "WHAT THE FREAKING HECK IS SO WRONG WITH DATING A NEIGHBOUR?".

1 Like

Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by Vicjustice: 11:08pm On Dec 28, 2010
I don't think there's anything wrong with dating a neighbour as long as s/he is not your family member
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by IrishBebey: 11:15pm On Dec 28, 2010
Dating a neighbor may be correct, you can now find a neighbor to date at: www.babefishing.com Many African neighbors are now available for romance there.
Are you interested in meeting Irish/rest of the world people who are crazy for your kinds?
www.babefishing.com is the emerging site with 100% free functions.
Chat, make friends and meet with interested Irish/Europeans 100% free. Get involved with this new free dating, meet-up, chatting, and match-finding community that has emerged from Ireland and is spreading its arm and is open to the world over.
No Credit card, No Pay-Pal, No Express Card and no Money required, just visit www.babefishing.com and sign up to start chatting up desired genders for FREE. Goodluck:
www.babefishing.com
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by Nektar(f): 11:20pm On Dec 28, 2010
IrishBebey:

Dating a neighbour may be correct, you can now find a neighbour to date at: www.bebeye.com Many African neighbours are now available for romance there.
Are you interested in meeting Irish/rest of the world people who are crazy for your kinds?
www.bebeye.com is the emerging site with 100% free functions.
Chat, make friends and meet with interested Irish/Europeans 100% free. Get involved with this new free dating, meet-up, chatting, and match-finding community that has emerged from Ireland and is spreading its arm and is open to the world over.
No Credit card, No Pay-Pal, No Express Card and no Money required, just visit www.bebeye.com and sign up to start chatting up desired genders for FREE. Goodluck:
www.bebeye.com
good site bt u hv 2 do smtin abt those scammers there.
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by violent(m): 12:28am On Dec 29, 2010
IrishBebey:

Dating a neighbour may be correct, you can now find a neighbour to date at: www.bebeye.com Many African neighbours are now available for romance there.
www.bebeye.com is the emerging site with 100% free functions.
No Credit card, No Pay-Pal, No Express Card and no Money required, just visit www.bebeye.com and sign up to start chatting up desired genders for FREE. Goodluck:
www.bebeye.com

This is incredibly dumb!--you don't go on a site to look for "neighbors to date", they are called neighbors for a reason right?
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by Jaideyone(m): 12:53am On Dec 29, 2010
Notin is wrong with a dating a neighbour but i wouldn't do it
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by amebes(m): 1:06am On Dec 29, 2010
notin is so wrong with that as long as he/she will be matured enof to handle the affair, some ladies cud broadcast every activity in the relationship to the whole neighbourhood and most guys don't appreciate that! angry angry angry
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by Harbb: 3:18am On Dec 29, 2010
Relocate.
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by Nobody: 4:33am On Dec 29, 2010
DATING RULE #5643: THOU SHALL NOT DATE NEIGHBOURS OR PEOPLE LIVING NEAR BY.
dating a neighbour is like shi.tting in your own kitchen! you dont poo where you eat and therefore dating someone that hangs where you live/stay/spend your "off" time is out of the question.
- where will you go when you want to get away from them for a while?!
- where should they go when you want them to give you some space?!
- when its all over, you will have to see them again and again (that you like it or not)

dating a neighbour is like meeting someone and moving in with them straight away, not advisable. . . . . . . .

btw: she said she gets turn off by peeps very easily, THATS what you also should worry about, not that she is a neighbour.

1 Like

Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by johndoe200: 5:57am On Dec 29, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

DATING RULE #5643: THOU SHALL NOT DATE NEIGHBOURS OR PEOPLE LIVING NEAR BY.
dating a neighbour is like shi.tting in your own kitchen! you dont poo where you eat and therefore dating someone that hangs where you live/stay/spend your "off" time is out of the question.
- where will you go when you want to get away from them for a while?!
- where should they go when you want them to give you some space?!
- when its all over, you will have to see them again and again (that you like it or not)

dating a neighbour is like meeting someone and moving in with them straight away, not advisable. . . . . . . .

btw: she said she gets turn off by peeps very easily, THATS what you also should worry about, not that she is a neighbour.

The bold part is absolutely correct. Also if you are a guy, your neighbor/lover will watch you like a hawk to see if any other chick is coming to visit you. So your room for maneuver will disappear.
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by mcnikes(m): 6:11am On Dec 29, 2010
Guys thank for the advice and advert. @ brownjay. I'm also the type that used to believe its wrong to date a neighbour. But when you think of it, we sometimes believe things that we've not even tried. We just have preconceived notions that could be wrong if we tried.
I also didn't know dating had rules (up to 5643, i'd love a list of all).
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by Nobody: 6:21am On Dec 29, 2010
^^^^i have tried a few times to bypass these rules (stubborn as i am) by dating my next door neighbour or a gal living down the street from me. . . . . . . . . . . . what a failure as rule#5643 had me said to myself: "i should have known!"

we all need our own space at the beginning of any relationship and these type of relationships dont have any.
dating your neighbour is as "dangerous" as dating your co worker or boss. . . . . . . . .not impossible of success but definitely NOT ADVISABLE.

as for the dating rules, there are many, depending on where you come from, who you are and what dating means to you.
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by Odunnu: 7:35am On Dec 29, 2010
There's nothing wrong in dating a neigbour even though I wont get involved in doing it. Woe-betide you if its a possesive or insecure neigbour.
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by Ijeleigbo(m): 8:36am On Dec 29, 2010
Are we gettin somethin wrong here? For christ sake poster the babe actually ain't your neighbor.
You're just stayin wid ur bro for a while so pls where's the crime in that?
If you love her, go for her but if she doesn't have the same feelin for you, better leave datin out of question and just b friends wid her.
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by 1one: 10:51am On Dec 29, 2010
@poster
Because you share the same toilet grin
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by Diligence: 12:18pm On Dec 29, 2010
Dating a neighbour is not just DISCREET; please check the meaning below:

–adjective
1. judicious in one's conduct or speech, esp. with regard to respecting privacy or maintaining silence about something of a delicate nature; prudent; circumspect.
2. showing prudence and circumspection; decorous: a discreet silence.
3. modestly unobtrusive; unostentatious: a discreet, finely wrought gold necklace.
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by otukpo(f): 12:23pm On Dec 29, 2010
Not a very good idea.

U'll easily get tired of each other
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by MrCork2: 12:31pm On Dec 29, 2010
acualy i have a reputations for nyanhing my Neighbours! wink
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 29, 2010
mcnikes:

Hey people,
i seriously need help with this.
[s]There's this girl that I've been having sleepless nights about.[/s] I usually visit my big bro and anytime I come around i kinda like the girl.  
Now i stay with that my bro, and took my time to study the girl,  I kept  this feeling to my self cos i really wanted to know her better and also know if these feelings would fade over time(am that kinda person, some times my feelings for girls just sizzle out),
I swear, that girl is everything I need in a woman.
i just opened up to her about how I feel, and she said its totally not good cos we're next door neighbours and that  "she also gets tired of people easily".  
I don't think I can leave her cos I've never felt like this with any girl. I've no intention of rushing her.
What I can't figure out is,  "WHAT THE FREAKING HECK IS SO WRONG WITH DATING A NEIGHBOUR?".
Are you ok ?

why are you having sleepless night over a woman ?
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by kaymoney2(m): 12:34pm On Dec 29, 2010
%Mr Cork:

acualy i have a reputations for nyanhing my Neighbours! wink

Million percent Mr cork na every time dem dey ban you shocked shocked
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by oluagness(m): 12:38pm On Dec 29, 2010
Dating your neighbour  is not bad. Both of you are there temporarily and you will move out one day. So, continue if really you want her. But pray oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by ndcide(m): 12:39pm On Dec 29, 2010
thats what i call 'eating house rat'
do not eat house rat man!
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by slinkky(m): 12:42pm On Dec 29, 2010
Its not advisable, because it can led to complications
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by shagaman: 12:47pm On Dec 29, 2010
Dating a neighbour is like caging yourself, Think of the wider picture than the third leg, Complications might arise, But if your feelings are geniune and not that you just see her as someone who is available for next door shaging, Then.
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by jambya(m): 12:49pm On Dec 29, 2010
I don't see anything wrong in dating within your neighborhood, it actually depends on the pple involved. It's an individual decision. Just sit her back and make her reason with you. All the best
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by Nctrice(m): 12:51pm On Dec 29, 2010
Its just dat u will end up 4king ur self every day even in odd places,
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by Spclst900: 1:10pm On Dec 29, 2010
otukpo:

Not a very good idea.

U'll easily get tired of each other

kind of.
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by freecocoa(f): 1:16pm On Dec 29, 2010
Its just too close for comfort.
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by mrofficial(m): 1:23pm On Dec 29, 2010
Just have her as sha[i]g[/i]ging partner cheesy. Dating her will not work!!! It will only work if you stay far away from her or she leaves for you.
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by topeorekoy(m): 1:29pm On Dec 29, 2010
dating a neighbour  aint that really okay in the sense that you both will see each other everyday and there will be no room for a new thing or surprises. You both will practically do the same thing everyday.

i had 2 experience, my former area; i dated a chick who stays not too far from my area and on my way home daily i branch at the girl's place just to see her (then love dey shack wella) and tot she was enjoying it.  On the 31st dec 2008, the chick gave me a shocker and told me that she aint caught up for all these daily seeing and most of the time she'll wanna be alone after work and i will show up and that we are seeing too much. she asked for a break so that she can re-gain herself, i sensed that she actually wasnt interested again so i moved on.

It happened to me too, i moved to a new area and met this chik down my street and we started dating. At first i was enjoying us seeing most times then i gradually started getting bored cos the lady wanna see me every moment, there are times that she will be in my house will midnight and next day is work. I got so tired that i had to stop picking her call just to free maself from her.

i really do not think dating a neighbour is ideal
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by SisiKill1: 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2010
Nothing wrong with dating neighbors. . . As long as you understand there are still boundaries. Don't think because she lives next door, you can just be popping in and out however you like or keeping tabs on who comes in and when or just basically set up camp there. 

This does not mean she has something to hide, some people just don't like that kind of in your face, up close and personal relationship. . . It can be choking and I suspect the object of your attraction is like that (telling you she gets tired of people easily. . .get a clue) If you know you can't abide by these. . . errrr. . .little things, I'd advice you to just leave her alone.

By the way, saying "You can't let her go" kinda sounds like she has legit reasons not to wanna date you. 

Just sayin'
Re: Whats So Wrong With Dating A Neighbour! by Basics007: 1:51pm On Dec 29, 2010
The more u c each other everyday the greater tendency of getting sick of each another. There is this inate pleasure that comes with the anticipation of a lovers visit esp if it's been a while u saw each other last. Butterfly flutters in ur belly, u tend to take extra care with ur appearance,u clean up ur room etc
But if he/she is a neighbour,u dont really care much about these. And moreover familiarity breeds contempt. But eh what do i really know,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oh Boy! See The Kissing Photo Which Has Got People Confused / If U Are Earning 160k As Salary, Pls Don't Marry / What Do You Feel About Girls Piercing More Than A Hole In The Ear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.