Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths (76171 Views)

14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria, Totalling 111 Confirmed Cases / NCDC Reacts To News That There Are 472 Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Nigeria / Coronavirus: Confirmed Cases In Nigeria Is 30, 3 New Cases In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by linearity: 2:51pm On Mar 28, 2020
shogz89:
where is your source for saying Nigeria has only tested 170 people. The state governors and senate and their aids alone is more than 170..

WHO, you can check it out yourself, I don’t need to provide any link, you can check WHO worldwide stats online.
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by internationalman(m): 3:15pm On Mar 28, 2020
Isoduwa:

Sorry ooh i be wan help you talk to your mother make she come help you because there is hunger strike around you

Yeah by the grace of God
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by slimthugchimee2(m): 4:03pm On Mar 28, 2020
chinos20:

It's because they can keep the accurate record of the infected ones.do you think Nigeria only have those confirmed cases?

Confirmed cases? Yes, bring evidence to backup your claim, and also bring evidence to back your claim that america has accurate number of figures
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by Miner13: 4:05pm On Mar 28, 2020
ursullalinda:
Wonder what US is not doing right?.....their own is getting out of hand and alarming.......God please heal the world.
because they update the truth. if you know you know

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by ursullalinda(f): 4:13pm On Mar 28, 2020
DanjaNinja:

A number of reasons:

1. Healthcare is prohibitively expensive in America. People would rather stay home than go see a doctor in America. It’s hard to believe but this has been my experience here.

2. Donald Trump and the Republican Party has done everything possible to undermine the american health care system. They have tried to make it more expensive as well as cut healthcare spending. Obamacare wasn’t the best but it was way better than anything America previously had.
Obamacare led to giving 40million America’s who have never had any health insurance access to affordable, effective healthcare. However, Trump and the republicans are currently actively trying to abolish Obamacare. If you doubt me, google it.

3. Donald Trump and the republicans are focused on the Stock Market and not healthcare.
Donald Trump does not care about the average american. He only cares about reflection and the stock market. That’s the reason he called the virus a hoax. Trump had ample time - he was notified in December but downplayed the severity till March. That cost the us ample time to prepare. Now America is just playing catch up.

4. Trump made it difficult to perform testing so as to reduce the number of infections in America. WHO had a functional test in January but Trump and his team refused to use the test and instead opted to develop an test from scratch. That test not only failed but proved wildly ineffective. The us just commenced using the WHO test. I think this heavily cost the us in terms of testing speed.

5. Due to the aforementioned reasons, It is still impossible to get tested here in the us. My friend in Connecticut had symptoms but could not get tested. She is doing okay now.

6. The president has consistently refused to use the power of the presidency to compel companies to make ventilators and medical supplies. As we speak doctors in America are running dangerously low in medical supplies. If u doubt me, google am.

And lastly, Of the $2Trillion stimulus plan, less than $500million goes to corona virus. The rest is meant for corporate bailout. The country needs more than a trillion to directly deal with the virus.

Disaster can happen to any leader but when u combine incompetence (Trump) with a system that prioritizes cost over human lives, epic failure is bound to happen.

Na waoh.....the US figure is scary.
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by Legendguru: 4:34pm On Mar 28, 2020
Jesus
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 28, 2020
Humanoid01:
USA currently has 100k plus confirmed cases.

Each time I refresh the page, their numbers keep increasing with a large chunk. Is it that these numbers are prerecorded?
the figures from China were deliberately reduced.
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by Sprumbaba: 7:06pm On Mar 28, 2020
Ayoefa:
Tramp is sure doing a good job.

It's all a HOAX according to the dotard slowpoke orangutan.

It will go from 15 to zero in a matter of days - lying SOB dotard TRAMP.

Just imagine that is your father and repeat what you typed.
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by Ayoefa: 7:11pm On Mar 28, 2020
Sprumbaba:

Just imagine that is your father and repeat what you typed.

Imagine if TRAMP is your FATHER and he's incapable of telling the truth to save his own life. Go home and ask your mother for your real father. It seems like you are lost mentally.
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by Sprumbaba: 7:11pm On Mar 28, 2020
Juchii:
Keep it updated, USA is over 100k now

Some people self, defending the USA with whatever it takes

USA tested 450,000 people out of over 330M people and you are saying this.
OK
Let do the calculations, 450000/100000=>5
That means one in every five USA citizens has the the virus.

Just admit it, trump made a mistake by trying to play down the crises because of November elections.

We will be here watching when it hits well and all your senators are on the remaining ventilators you have. You all should be blaming China.
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by Sprumbaba: 7:17pm On Mar 28, 2020
PaulSimon2020:
Trump is a douchebag, can't wait to get that idiot kicked out in Nov cool cool

We will see who is a douche bag by November.
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by Sprumbaba: 7:19pm On Mar 28, 2020
Ayoefa:

Imagine if TRAMP is your FATHER and he's incapable of telling the truth to save his own life. Go home and ask your mother for your real father. It seems like you are lost mentally.

Lol. I like your type. Imagine me on top of your Mother 9 months before you were born. We will not have given birth to STUPID.
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by Ayoefa: 7:22pm On Mar 28, 2020
Sprumbaba:

Lol. I like your type. Imagine me on top of your Mother 9 months before you were born. We will not have given birth to STUPID.

I was already born before your shithole mother started working at the Aba baby factory where she's FVCKED by 100 men per day. You are a product of that 100 rounds per day.
OSU slave son of a 1000 fathers.
Get lost and FVCK off.
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by Sprumbaba: 7:33pm On Mar 28, 2020
Ayoefa:

I was already born before your shithole mother started working at the Aba baby factory where she's FVCKED by 100 men per day. You are a product of that 100 rounds per day.
OSU slave son of a 1000 fathers.
Get lost and FVCK off.

Lol. I am not getting the fvck out. I want to get the fvck in for your entire family. I can do this all day by the way. grin grin grin grin
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by FuckAllTheMODs: 8:17pm On Mar 28, 2020
ivolt:

Bias?
Do you know what that means?
In every sane country, the government health institutions are the ones authorized to report Covid -19 figures.
The CDC was previously keeping count until Trump got mad at them. This is no secret for informed people.

Now, no news media bothers with the CDC report again, they are now relying on private organizations and
individual state figures.
What as sad state for the US.

I said shift, take your sentiment to another place.
Ain't interested, I have passed my message, that's all.
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by DanjaNinja(m): 11:03pm On Mar 28, 2020
musicwriter:

That shouldn't surprise you. Whats going on is not a natural epidemic but a new type of warfare between China and the West, after failure of Trump's trade wars to achieve desired result. This's plan B but the hunter is now being hunted.

Chinese people aren't stupid and I so much love them for standing on their two feet.

The cause of this whole situation is that at the beginning of this century, economists have predicted that Chinese economy would surpass US in the year 2020 and that China would officially become the new world power by the end of this year. Whats going on is a supremacy battle gone wrong.

And for those of you simpletons who'll come here to exclaim ''conspiracy theory'' go check my previous posts on corona virus. I did predict that this disease will spread to the West in retaliation. I said this some weeks back when China was still the epicentre.

Its a pity we have no idea whatsoever about whats going on in this world.

This does not make sense. China needs the west to survive. China is the manufacturing capital of the world. The west (U.S and Europe) are China's biggest customers. Ask yourself, if you were china, what would you gain by killing your biggest customers?
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by FOLLYVENTURES: 5:44pm On Mar 29, 2020
[quote author=FOLLYVENTURES post=87833346]

T
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by Qoopman(m): 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2020
isaacpro1957:
US can lead in everything sha! But not like corona nah! God go hlp chloroquine man o!

Hello bro, Please I saw your post on the telegram automation please I need the Tutorial... My email: omotoshoyemi77@gmail.com

I couldnt quote you in that section
Re: Coronavirus: U.S Overtakes China, Italy With 84,400 Confirmed Cases, 1093 Deaths by lixingxing: 4:09am On Aug 18, 2020
The coronavirus had already spread from Europe to New York City by the time the Trump administration enacted a ban on travel from Europe, a report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirms.

The Trump administration banned entry to the United States from 26 European countries on March 13. By March 15, the CDC reported, community transmission of the coronavirus was already widespread in New York.

"Although travel restrictions are an important mitigation strategy, by the time the European restrictions were implemented, importation and community transmission of (the coronavirus) had already occurred (in New York)," according to the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, published on Friday.

New York's Department of Health and Mental Hygiene collected nasal swabs from patients at six hospitals during the first three weeks of March. A CDC analysis found that the samples that tested positive for COVID-19 resembled matched strains of the disease in Europe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Stevens Johnson Syndrome (SJS) Is In Nigeria, Kills One, Another Hospitalized / Temitope Apanishile: The Boy Born Without Penis Cries Out For Help (Photo) / Raymond Dokpesi Tests Positive For Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.