Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Wanna Save Money When You Buy A Smartphone?? You Need This - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Wanna Save Money When You Buy A Smartphone?? You Need This (1090 Views)

Tecno Pop 7 Pro Is The Best Budget Smartphone You Can Find Now / Chinese Market Where You Can Build A Smartphone From Scratch In A Couple Of Hour / Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wanna Save Money When You Buy A Smartphone?? You Need This by scarycuteface(m): 11:50pm On Mar 27, 2020
Mobile phones have become an essential part of our daily lives, and almost everyone uses a smartphone for calls, emails, texting and more. Our smartphones also need to be upgraded every few years, because of heavier usage or a desire for the latest features.

Upgrading your smartphone can put a heavy dent in your finances, which is why many people use a loan for mobile phone purchases. Whether you pay from your pocket or buy a smartphone on credit, here are 6 ways to save some money on your purchase:

1. Avoid Buying from Carriers – Many mobile service providers offer attractive deals if you buy a smartphone through them. However, these phones are usually locked, so you can only use them with the same provider’s plans. To change providers, you will need to buy a new phone. Instead, compare smartphone prices with different retailers to find the best deal.

2. Consider Paying in Installments – Using a smartphone loan plan offered by retailers (easybuy) reduces the financial burden of buying a new phone. If you can make monthly payments towards the purchase, it’s easier to budget for this expense and spread it out over a longer period. Look for zero-interest payment plans, so you don’t end up paying extra for your phone.

3. Prioritize Features Over Brands – The ideal phone should have all the features you need and a battery that will see you through the day. Great looks wouldn’t hurt either, but your primary focus should be features you actually use, e.g. a powerful camera and extra storage if you love taking photos. These aspects are far more important than the brand name.

4. Check Smartphone Prices Online – Look for the best cheap smartphone online instead of visiting brick-and-mortar stores. You’re likely to find better deals and a larger selection on websites such as Amazon, since they have lower overhead costs than physical retail stores. Many of them pass on this benefit to customers through heavy discounts and promotions.

5. Save Money By Waiting for Deals – Sometimes the best way to save money when you buy a smartphone is to wait for the price to drop. Knowing when this could happen gives you an extra edge. You will usually get the best deals on smartphones around major festivals. The price of newer models also tends to go down a few months after their launch.

6. Look for Used/Refurbished Phones – If a new smartphone will stretch your budget too far, consider buying a used or refurbished one. Many retailers and manufacturers offer a warranty on ‘certified like-new’ phones. You can also get cheap smartphones in great shape from people who upgrade their devices every few months, often within the original warranty period.

Smartphones prices have been going up in recent years, but that doesn’t mean you can’t find a great deal on one. Take your time comparing all the options, and be smart about it!

2 Likes

Re: Wanna Save Money When You Buy A Smartphone?? You Need This by skywalker240(m): 3:04pm On Mar 28, 2020
Good idea,

as for your number 3, if we are talking about camera pixel and storage capacity conected with brands, then lets write off that cheapest brand of 3 particular brands of phone from a particular company that produces the so-called cheaper brand (i didnt mentioned name o) grin

That particular company is notorious for lying about their spec. Just imaging a 64mp camera on an Helio A22 processor grin

Or a 248gb rom and 8gb ram memory on a Helio P22 processor coupled with 5g network (that company will not kill us before our time) grin

If its a phone from that company, abeg i no buy o, i better go with your option 2 even if it means 5years plus. grin

abeg i no call name o, before some marketers come and attack me o grin
Re: Wanna Save Money When You Buy A Smartphone?? You Need This by Mohbola(f): 2:14pm On Mar 29, 2020
Nice

(1) (Reply)

Which Phone Can I Buy With 40k / Samsung Galaxy A31 Long Term Review - 5 Reasons Why I Love It! / Enjoy The Latest Glo Unlimited Free Browsing For November 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.