Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens (45884 Views)

Naira Depreciates To N1,620/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Depreciates To N1,180/$ In Parallel Market / Naira Depreciates To 410/$ At Official Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by VaselineCrew: 6:54am On Mar 28, 2020
etrouble:

This hatred and bitterness that your parents planted in you is the reason why you are sad, miserable and depressed. I support Buhari. The idiots and sophisticated morons you mentioned up there are your parents.

Goatluck Jonathan, Diezani Alison-Madueke and that World Bank Fraudster Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla ran the country into recession the other time and you and your family into depression and suicide.

Currently, there is World Economy Meltdown due to Corona Virus pandemic and Nigeria isn't an exception.

see dem, that is how they were cursing N216 to $1 in 2015

guy you have no case abeg

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 28, 2020
Dollar would start crashing very soon...

Reasons:

- The borders are shut..
- The airports are shut aswell..
- Out major concerns now is food and water..
- Supermarkets would run out of foreign produce and resort to locals.
- Those turkey and dubai clothes cant come in now.
- cars are not coming in aswell..
- Chinese factories are shut aswell..

Its purposes are defeated, the demand would drop very soon.

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by chozzy: 6:55am On Mar 28, 2020
Shithole country led by a
shithole president

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by Bigleaf1006: 6:56am On Mar 28, 2020
Racoon:
Economic recession in full force.Brace for impact people.

We told them not to create unnecessary panic, brace up for what's to come. After this virus, if d tin Noh pass N500 go be big miracle

2 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 28, 2020
allandutch:
G-boys Right now... shocked
So na only "G-boys" dey see Dollar? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by netflicks(m): 6:58am On Mar 28, 2020
I think we should start advocating the move to resign this apc govt. They have nothing to offer

3 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by fineboynl(m): 6:59am On Mar 28, 2020
The entire world and Nigeria would never recovered from this in 10 years to come. They should allow people get infected and build natural immune and resistance afterall the virus death rate is low. Should we destroyed the world economy for such?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by poweredcom(m): 7:01am On Mar 28, 2020
Wahala de oooo
Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by Roman7(m): 7:04am On Mar 28, 2020
Wouldn't be surprised if it gets to #1000 to $1 before this pandemic ends......that is if it's going to ever end.

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 28, 2020
apache22b:
Bad business for that Dead Rat Seller Guy undecided

shocked

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by smalldoctor: 7:05am On Mar 28, 2020
I go wait still reach 600 per $

What a side hustle! From 100 to 800 dollers

Thank God I had been buying $ small small
Is not my fault blame government for disverble our currency
Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:08am On Mar 28, 2020
kikero:

1.Buhari did not cause this current recession or the one that happened on his watch in 1983-5

2.The recession that happened under Buhari in 1983-5 started when oil prices fell in 1982...which even prompted Shagari to bring in austerity programmes by 1983.

3.Likewise the recession under this current admin started in April 2014...when oil prices collapsed due to the Saudis trying to outproduce American shale oil producers. By January 2015...NOI was warning that whoever won the election, there would be economic crisis.

4.The truth is, our economy has been vulnerable since independence. The economy depends on revenues from whatever raw materials we sell , whose prices we do not control. In the 1960's it was agricultural produce. By the 1980's, oil was taking over.

5.Where Buhari and others make mistakes is that they spend too much controlling prices on vital sectors like petrol and power. This limits the amount of investment that can be poured into both sectors, leading to job lossess and financial losses...especially from subsides which is money down a bottomless pit.

6.Because of our large population, we need oil at $139 per barrel and above, since 2017, up from $120 per barrel since 2012....to run a balanced budget.(despite our cost of production being below 30 dollars). Since 2010...we haven't had oil prices that high. That's why we are taking debts via borrowing...the money we are earning is not enough and has never been enough for our needs.

Oil is at $25. We need it at $140. We are losing at least $115 now per barrel of oil sold. (More information on my figures here)

Also due to the low oil prices, we are losing an average of $35.76million or N13.1 billion per day in accruable revenue

7. The way froward eventually...remove subsides , allow power and petrol to be run at a profit....which brings in investment and jobs. We did this for the GSM sector. Why can't we do this for power, petrol?? To long term help us transition into a producer economy...which produces goods whose prices we can control.

Keep giving excuses. Only a lazy man blames his tools. The common denominator for all these recessions is Buhari. Go figure!!

6 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by BOSSFX: 7:11am On Mar 28, 2020
Naira even perform better, naija being an import dependent nation with only one major export, oil, which have crashed now. Abi, what is the price of crude now?
I expected #550/$, given the strength of dollar against all major currencies with better economy at this present time.

You can learn a new and productive skill(s) in this trying times. We teach financial market trading and provide signals as well. We just completed this week winning trades and we move on to next week trades. No bs, we deliver result. You can follow our blog to see our consistent results every week. Check ziggy for details.
Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by israelmao(m): 7:11am On Mar 28, 2020
That's the price we have to pay for running mono-product economy despite the fact that global lockdown contributed to it.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by VillagePipu: 7:11am On Mar 28, 2020
fineboynl:
The entire world and Nigeria would never recovered from this in 10 years to come. Those should allow people get infected and and build natural immune and resistance afterall the virus death rate is low. Should we destroyed the world economy for such?

Natural immune and resistance?
Are you aware that 14% of those who get cured end up being infected again?

What is needed is medical treatment, not hoping on natural immunity.

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by allandutch: 7:12am On Mar 28, 2020
Omoluabi9:
So na only "G-boys" dey see Dollar? undecided

Now... Which part of my comment did you see anything about g-boys being the only ones that see dollars?
Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by LabDNA: 7:12am On Mar 28, 2020
The US is also hit by recession why is the dollar not also losing value in the same vein?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 28, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Keep giving excuses. Only a lazy man blames his tools. The common denominator for all these recessions is Buhari. Go figure!!

See my point number 7, and also point 5....

Excuses indeed.

The truth is, we have no excuse to remain on one source of income, or to continue on the same old path we have been on for decades...selling stuff whose prices we don't control....meaning when prices go down....we have to take loans to survive.

Buhari knows what he should do. But would he do it? That's the sad bit..he won't because political surivival is more important than economic advancement in Nigeria....(and one reason why I have no hope in both parties).
Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 28, 2020
princeade86:
But every country have its own problems na, even America. Why can't dollar be depreciating to naira.

LabDNA:

The US is also hit by recession why is the dollar not also losing value in the same vein?

Because the US hasn't spent the last 60 years putting all its eggs into one; currently worthless; basket.

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by Seetto: 7:14am On Mar 28, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

The fall in price of crude oil in 2015 is cause by buhari like wise Corona virus disease that has crumbled the world economy, the billions of dollar stolen by madueke, dasuki and all the stolen monies shared during gej regime is also caused by buhari, if you want to criticize, criticize constructively.
Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by Jaspernubi: 7:15am On Mar 28, 2020
VaselineCrew:
Nigeria needs leadership now more than ever

We need intelligent leaders, with very high IQs and love for their country and states

Not leaders that will allocate cars to themselves, when other countries are scrambling to invent makeshift ventilators due to low supply

Not leaders that will abandon their own countries hospital for more than two months in London

God will definitely see all of us through these trying times, but let us not mock God by remaining foolish in our decisions.

When Nigerians were given the opportunity to choose between Intelligence (SOWORE) and Mediocrity (Buhari) Nigerian chose mediocrity above intelligence
Go and look at the videos of Sowore online to see what you all miss in a True Leader

2 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:16am On Mar 28, 2020
etrouble:

This hatred and bitterness that your parents planted in you is the reason why you are sad, miserable and depressed. I support Buhari. The idiots and sophisticated morons you mentioned up there are your parents.

Goatluck Jonathan, Diezani Alison-Madueke and that World Bank Fraudster Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla ran the country into recession the other time and you and your family into depression and suicide.

Currently, there is World Economy Meltdown due to Corona Virus pandemic and Nigeria isn't an exception.

If not Buhari that forced Nigeria to produce Rice by closing borders, by now that Rice is now coming from Asia due to Corona, you would have
been eating Sand.

Stop giving silly excuses. Was Jonathan responsible for the 1984 recession as well or for the incoming one. How come Buhari is the factor common to all recessions that ever occurred in dis country

4 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by hisexcellency34: 7:17am On Mar 28, 2020
Immediately the man retained Emefiele as CBN governor, I know this country is doomed
Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by hillsway(m): 7:18am On Mar 28, 2020
I've got some dollars to sell at 400...halla at me if you are interested.
About 3000$ up for grab.
Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:20am On Mar 28, 2020
Seetto:

The fall in price of crude oil in 2015 is cause by buhari like wise Corona virus disease that has crumbled the world economy, the billions of dollar stolen by madueke, dasuki and all the stolen monies shared during gej regime is also caused by buhari, if you want to criticize, criticize constructively.

More excuses. The root of it all is that one man alone is synonymous with 1984, 2016 and 2020. That is an incontrovertible fast starring us in the face. Your wife's soup is sour, you say it's the weather. Na only her pot weather affect? It calls for study why recession always comes with Buhari. There's a lot of lesson to learn there.

5 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by IsraelSongz: 7:20am On Mar 28, 2020
kikero:

1.Buhari did not cause this current recession or the one that happened on his watch in 1983-5

2.The recession that happened under Buhari in 1983-5 started when oil prices fell in 1982...which even prompted Shagari to bring in austerity programmes by 1983.

3.Likewise the recession under this current admin started in April 2014...when oil prices collapsed due to the Saudis trying to outproduce American shale oil producers. By January 2015...NOI was warning that whoever won the election, there would be economic crisis.

4.The truth is, our economy has been vulnerable since independence. The economy depends on revenues from whatever raw materials we sell , whose prices we do not control. In the 1960's it was agricultural produce. By the 1980's, oil was taking over.

5.Where Buhari and others make mistakes is that they spend too much controlling prices on vital sectors like petrol and power. This limits the amount of investment that can be poured into both sectors, leading to job lossess and financial losses...especially from subsides which is money down a bottomless pit.

6.Because of our large population, we need oil at $139 per barrel and above, since 2017, up from $120 per barrel since 2012....to run a balanced budget.(despite our cost of production being below 30 dollars). Since 2010...we haven't had oil prices that high. That's why we are taking debts via borrowing...the money we are earning is not enough and has never been enough for our needs.

Oil is at $25. We need it at $140. We are losing at least $115 now per barrel of oil sold. (More information on my figures here)

Also due to the low oil prices, we are losing an average of $35.76million or N13.1 billion per day in accruable revenue

7. The way froward eventually...remove subsides , allow power and petrol to be run at a profit....which brings in investment and jobs. We did this for the GSM sector. Why can't we do this for power, petrol?? To long term help us transition into a producer economy...which produces goods whose prices we can control.

But the President was aware of these before he made his campaign promises. Or wasn't he? There's no defence. Please rest Your case.

5 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by blowjohn(m): 7:23am On Mar 28, 2020
VaselineCrew:
Nigeria needs leadership now more than ever

We need intelligent leaders, with very high IQs and love for their country and states

Not leaders that will allocate cars to themselves, when other countries are scrambling to invent makeshift ventilators due to low supply

Not leaders that will abandon their own countries hospital for more than two months in London

God will definitely see all of us through these trying times, but let us not mock God by remaining foolish in our decisions.

U said it all.
It was very insensitive of them to be collecting cars at this time when the healthcare system needs overhauling.
All they know how to do is wear agbada and crack jokes when in session.
No decorum.
No sense of urgency.
Low IQ.
Greedy people with no intellectual capacities.
U should see the way they made jokes the day they voted against air lifting Nigerians from china over the pandemic. No professional ethics at all. Just laughing and cracking jokes like it was the late night or Ellen DeGeneres show

5 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:23am On Mar 28, 2020
kikero:

See my point number 7, and also point 5....

Excuses indeed.

The truth is, we have no excuse to remain on one source of income, or to continue on the same old path we have been on for decades...selling stuff whose prices we don't control....meaning when prices go down....we have to take loans to survive.

Buhari knows what he should do. But would he do it? That's the sad bit..he won't because political surivival is more important than economic advancement in Nigeria....(and one reason why I have no hope in both parties).

Who mentioned party? I mentioned an individual called buhari vis a vis recession. Obj ruled this country thrice just like buhari has. Not once was there a need for economic analysis of recession during his tenures. But once buhari comes onboard, professors of recession will be in high demand. The reason for that is what we should look at.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 28, 2020
IsraelSongz:

But the President was aware of these before he made his campaign promises. Or wasn't he? There's no defence. Please rest Your case.

See my points 5 and 7 again....

I am not defending the government. I am stating the cause of the economic crisis, what the government has failed to do about the crisis, and what the solution should be.

If Buhari had stopped controls on petrol prices in 2015 and also removed power subsides...by now there would have been more jobs, and more refineries., and more investment, and more prosperity. He didn't. See where we are today.
Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by Centcanada: 7:26am On Mar 28, 2020
If I read comment of people at some article that matter most, I laugh because I was meant to understand that what you don't know, please do not comment rather reads peoples comment and learn what the article is saying. You don't rubbish because you see people commenting. You don't learn that way! You only learn by seeing or reading a nice comment. Its bad! Very very bad!

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 28, 2020
Bihari promised one dollar to one naira and the zombies swallowed it line hook and sinker.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens by Centcanada: 7:26am On Mar 28, 2020
If I read comment of people at some article that matter most, I laugh because I was meant to understand that what you don't know, please do not comment rather reads peoples comment and learn what the article is saying. You don't comment rubbish because you see people commenting. You don't learn that way! You only learn by seeing or reading a nice comment. Its bad! Very very bad!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kwik Cash Borrowing / Forbes 2015 Billionaires List Released. 5 Nigerians Made The List / How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.