Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On (2506 Views)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Area Should I Focus On / Bluetooth Connectivity Between Android And Arduino / Web Design, Web Development And Mobile App Development Tutorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On by Coder2Client(m): 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2020
I am really at crossroads here. I have strong knowledge of Android app development but I discovered that the pay for Android developer is low compared(considering the fact that Android development is difficult compared to Web) to Web application developer.
Therefore, I want to start spring framework development but before I start I will like you to help with your advice as market is concerned.

Re: Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 28, 2020
Web development is career itself so it takes time to be a master in it unlike Android that within a year you can get something running on the play store.

Considering the market, web development (full stack or back end) pays very well compared to mobile app development.

You can actually be the two mobile app developer and backend Developer.

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 29, 2020
Expand your scope beyond Nigeria and discover that both web and mobile application development are hotcakes around the globe. Just make sure you really know what you know.

3 Likes

Re: Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On by Anonime1105(m): 3:35am On Mar 29, 2020
Am at this crossroad too, after Java; Android app development or Web development??

Gurus in the house your inputs are needed, which would take more time to conquer and which has more ROI? in the Nigerian market (Yes I know I can connect to the international market to sell my skills but for now I want to build my portfolio/experience using the local market before transcending)

I would eventually learn both mobile app and web dev but am confused on which to start with.

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On by Grandlord: 3:49pm On Mar 29, 2020
I was here too but I finally decided to go the way of web apps development first.

I think it's a lot easier to learn and also really versatile. In addition, it would be much easier to transcend from web dev into mobile. As a matter of fact, hybrid mobile apps can be built using HTML, CSS and JavaScript. Furthermore, to develop a unique, profitable mobile app takes months and lots of money.

I'm looking to learn Kotlin for mobile dev. when I gain a strong foothold on web dev. I have a couple of cool start-up ideas cool

4 Likes

Re: Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 6:13pm On Mar 29, 2020
Coder2Client:
I am really at crossroads here. I have strong knowledge of Android app development but I discovered that the pay for Android developer is low compared(considering the fact that Android development is difficult compared to Web) to Web application developer.
Therefore, I want to start spring framework development but before I start I will like you to help with your advice as market is concerned.
Both fields are good and high paying. You can choose to become any of them. In Nigeria demand for web developers is more than app developers. You can check on online job boards such as MyjobMag and others, you will see that demand for web developers is more compared to app developers. Before you decide to settle for any of them, you need to firstly check if you have passion for it, I mean will you still be willing to be a web developer even if you are frustrated and having problems. Also, where will you like to be in the next 5years, will you be comfortable and happy working as a web developer or app developer Don't think about money now, money will come later. So far you chose to do what you love and what you find interesting, money will never be an issue. To tell you app developers are also demanded in Nigeria, I came across up to three threads here on Nairaland in search of app developers. Just be good at whatever you are doing, money shouldn't be a priority now

4 Likes

Re: Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On by Coder2Client(m): 4:40am On May 20, 2020
RemiAbdulSamad:
Both fields are good and high paying. You can choose to become any of them. In Nigeria demand for web developers is more than app developers. You can check on online job boards such as MyjobMag and others, you will see that demand for web developers is more compared to app developers. Before you decide to settle for any of them, you need to firstly check if you have passion for it, I mean will you still be willing to be a web developer even if you are frustrated and having problems. Also, where will you like to be in the next 5years, will you be comfortable and happy working as a web developer or app developer Don't think about money now, money will come later. So far you chose to do what you love and what you find interesting, money will never be an issue. To tell you app developers are also demanded in Nigeria, I came across up to three threads here on Nairaland in search of app developers. Just be good at whatever you are doing, money shouldn't be a priority now
thanks boss.
Re: Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On by Tim1212(m): 6:34am On May 20, 2020
I will advice you develop your analytic skills and problem solving ability.. That is exactly what you need..

Programming is a process of solving real life problems with any programming language.

Consider improving your logical skills by solving algebraic problems.

Then you won't be confused which programming language to dive into.

All performs the same tasks. And follows mathematics approach.

3 Likes

Re: Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On by Coder2Client(m): 8:20am On May 20, 2020
Tim1212:
I will advice you develop your analytic skills and problem solving ability.. That is exactly what you need..

Programming is a process of solving real life problems with any programming language.

Thank you for you input. I was actually talking about which stack sells very well. I am a mobile app developer but I see more Web developer job posts than my stack in naija.

Nice input concerning problem solving skills. Do you think Algorithm can help in this regard? But seriously, implementing the right algo is tasking.

2 Likes

Re: Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On by Tim1212(m): 10:06am On May 20, 2020
Try as much as possible to become a High skilled in programming (solving problems).
It pays more than anything in the world.. Analytic skills in providing solutions in creating a software.. which results in web programming, or software applications.

HTML and CSS is negligible in Nigeria, but the most important aspect of SEO.

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On by Dangrace01: 6:08pm On Jul 02, 2020
Tim1212:

Someone said this same thing

When it comes to programming, always get the understanding (the why) before the implementation (the how). Tutorial most times will expose you to the implementation and most times when you are confronted with a real life task, you won't be able to successfully apply the supposedly gained knowledge. It takes a bit of research to understand the whys of any technologies. ICT is deep and steep but doable

2 Likes

Re: Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On by Tim1212(m): 10:33am On Jul 03, 2020
Dangrace01:

When it comes to programming, always get the understanding (the why) before the implementation (the how). Tutorial most times will expose you to the implementation and most times when you are confronted with a real life task, you won't be able to successfully apply the supposedly gained knowledge. It takes a bit of research to understand the whys of any technologies. ICT is deep and steep but doable

I totally agree with you.. most people are after learning one programming or the other... ICT is vast. Learn to make research on your journey to programming..

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On by Anonime1105(m): 8:30pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dangrace01:

Problem solving skill is the koko!

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On by Olumyco(m): 9:05pm On Jul 03, 2020
My simple and honest advice based on the trend now is to learn JavaScript and the frameworks that comprise of its Ecosystem. The language is the hottest now in the IT business world. You can start with learning it for Web in which you will learn JavaScript and then learn React and Node. Without changing language you can learn React Native which is a Mobile App Framework of JavaScript.

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On by CenturyCoder: 1:53pm On Jul 09, 2020
Coder2Client:

I personally would say that you should go for the web development but it would be easier if you go learn HTML, CSS and JavaScript than using Spring Framework
Re: Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On by Coder2Client(m): 2:31pm On Jul 09, 2020
CenturyCoder:

I personally would say that you should go for the web development but it would be easier if you go learn HTML, CSS and JavaScript than using Spring Framework

Those are for front end Dev tools, spring framework is the best for enterprise application development just that it's too deep. I'm still with Android development working as freelancer
Re: Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On by Coder2Client(m): 2:35pm On Jul 09, 2020
Olumyco:
My simple and honest advice based on the trend now is to learn JavaScript and the frameworks that comprise of its Ecosystem. The language is the hottest now in the IT business world. You can start with learning it for Web in which you will learn JavaScript and then learn React and Node. Without changing language you can learn React Native which is a Mobile App Framework of JavaScript.
Thank you for your advice.
Re: Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On by Kormex: 6:26pm On Jul 09, 2020
Coder2Client:

Send your email I have a project for you.
Re: Which One Should I Focus Between Android App Development And Web Application On by ahanapearl1990(f): 2:21pm On Nov 09, 2022
Between Android app development and web application, you need to be careful about which one to focus on.

Web applications are better in terms of responsiveness and performance. However, they are not as easy to maintain and update compared to Android apps.

Android app development is more cost-effective since it doesn’t need any additional hardware or infrastructure. However, it requires more time than web applications because you have to build your own UI/UX from scratch.

A good way to decide which one is best for your company is by comparing the cost per transaction (CPT). You can use this figure to determine whether it's worth spending time on web applications or focusing on Android app development.

If you're still confused between the two, consider taking guidence from any of the mobile app development company that can assist you in achieving your pre-defined business goals.

(1) (Reply)

19 Pictures Programmers And IT Oriented People Can Relate To. / I Want To Apply For NIIT Or Any IT Institution. / Introduction To Crm Application Development Using Remedy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.