Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,737 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) (92393 Views)

Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do? / Over N400k+ Fraud Debit Resolved By Stanbicibtc In Less Than 48hrs Working Day / Stanbic IBTC Bank Staff In School Uniforms To Mark Customer Service Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by stnkembu(m): 7:52pm On Mar 29, 2020
JesseThunder:
Here is what happened since it's used in Mexico, your card was cloned by using the dump(card full information and programmed code) with the tracks and so on. There is nothing that can be done even CBN can't trace this cause it was not transferred and it's not big enough for CBN to involve international body. Next time I will advice you all! Create two account one with atm the other should not have anything internet access. Lots of you here CC information with millions are available for sale on darkweb for just 5-35 dollars depends what type of card you're using.

This is exactly what happened to the Op. I've handled several of such cases before and get the fund reversed.
Sometimes, I suspect an insider job in MasterCard international.
Op may be required to fill a charge back form. The fund will definitely be recovered.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Jabar2017: 7:52pm On Mar 29, 2020
I swear with all dis stories from people na my Ouse I go dey keep my money now....anything wey wan happen make he happen....

2 Likes

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Angelfrost(m): 7:53pm On Mar 29, 2020
This is clearly an inside job...
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by thatigboman: 7:53pm On Mar 29, 2020
xanie:
I had a similar experience with GTB. I use a hardware token. Never have I disclosed my PIN to anyone. Card was in my wallet the whole time the transaction was taking place. I only got to know when I got debit alerts. Instantly, I dialled *737# to at least salvage what was left... All to no avail.
I contacted the bank, was directed to contact their fraud desk where i was given a form to fill.... After about 3 months I got a FULL refund and was advised to get a new card since the old one has been blacklisted.
I got to know that, when transacting with foreign merchants, an OTP isn't required to complete the transaction. Just the 16 digit of your card is enough.
exactly. Happened to me with gtb too. Though I havent gotten any refund
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by thatigboman: 7:53pm On Mar 29, 2020
Angelfrost:
This is clearly an inside job...
not necessarily.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by thesmallgod(m): 7:53pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:

Yes I do but rarely use it... In fact when I saw the debit, my first thought was that I must have lost the atm, I have to go and check under bed where I kept thr atm card and I saw it there
they probably think you are dead. That was how the First bank debited all the 500 naira balance in my NYSC account, a few years after I have stopped using it. I received an alert more than five times. The money was being deducted little by little. Ever since that day, I no dey trust any bank with my money
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Olayetan(m): 7:54pm On Mar 29, 2020
einsteine:

You guys should use your brains now. Where have you heard that account number is used to debit people's account?

That is how some of you would be covering the full ATM machine thinking you are protecting your pin meanwhile the ATM machine has a skimmer that would copy the ATM card.

Your account cannot be debited by just the account number otherwise no one would give customers their account details.

Your account cannot be debited with just your BVN. The BVN is an identity number.

Your account can be debited with your phone number. Your account can be debited with your ATM card number and Security. That's the only way to debit your account.

It is more important to protect your phone number than to protect your bank account number. Sim swaps are one of the major ways of stealing money in 2020.

I don't know how some people believe account can be debited with account number and Bvn alone, don't they know every transactions requires PIN, OTP or Token code.

Even your card being exposed can't be debited without OTP or the card pin so how come they believe its possible to debit someone with just Account number and Bvn
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by don4real: 7:55pm On Mar 29, 2020
360command:
Very sad. If na advance country you dey, the bank go temporarily deposit your money come issue you a new debit card. Dem go tell you say e go take 2 months for them to investigate but the main thing be say that money wey dem don put for your account, na your money be that..

I know no why Nigeria banks no dey do this kain thing wey b say if them steal your money using digital means dem suppose pay you back. I believe say naija banks dey insured and by so doing, the insurance suppose pay...

Chale, I sad for my country.. I hope they find the thieves and your money should be paid back.

Talk wetin you know, which of the advance country banks?
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 29, 2020
Orpe7:
I want Giveway!
I want Giveaway!

You go post your account details online forget say weeks before you don post your full name online
Now u got scammed N ure complaining
Issokay
it have nothing to do with posting of account details....

I can even drop mine here..
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by spiritedtete: 7:55pm On Mar 29, 2020
Some people don't even have sense... how will you transfer money from someone account and think you won't be traced...

Bewarn don't try this with everybody... Even Nibbs will not be left behind

Shior!
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Presh3173: 7:55pm On Mar 29, 2020
It's not an inside job.. Did you buy something online? If yes, then you have been defrauded by a foreigner. This shit also happened to me when I bought a domain online.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Francisduckman(m): 7:55pm On Mar 29, 2020
Taeewo:

Try contact this site and send the screenshot of you transaction to them to know if the details was used to purchased something there..
https://gasolinamexico.com.mx/estacion/4386/servicio-mezquital-y-nazas-sa-de-cv/

I searched it n Google wic led to the site.Kindly use Google chrome browser so the language can be translated.

no he didn't buy gasoline with it, how can you buy gasoline 400k? with what? virtual card? he didn't have the card on him for crying out loud bro.. They used a specific pos from either the gas station mall or supermarket to Generate the card bin and then using a blank card, downloaded the info of his card data and swiped it, to pay for something digital. simple!

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
Lamanii22:

Like you weren't one of them...
See talk. I no be small person o. cool
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dicksonadams(m): 7:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
michealoluwaseyi:
expecially dat no 1 need to be look in to,that person maybe has access to op,s phone,

I live alone. Phone never been stolen and always passworded
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by April4th(m): 7:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
Your debit card info has been cloned period. From the debit alert screenshots, seems the cloned card was used for pos transactions in Mexico.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by OKOATA(m): 7:57pm On Mar 29, 2020
just2endowed:

Hmmm I traced it to Mexico too
They could have used an IP, Na naija package bro.

3 Likes

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Francisduckman(m): 7:58pm On Mar 29, 2020
Olayetan:

I don't know how some people believe account can be debited with account number and Bvn alone, don't they know every transactions requires PIN, OTP or Token code.

Even your card being exposed can't be debited without OTP or the card pin so how come they believe its possible to debit someone with just Account number and Bvn

shut up joor, oya carry your bvn give me and your account number, or you snap only your card pics front and back give me, make you see debit alert now in 5secs.. you don't know that what you don't know is bigger than u
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by giftometre: 7:59pm On Mar 29, 2020
To the OP

HAVE I BEEN THERE BEFORE?
YES, something of this exact nature happened to me sometime in 2015.
1. Money kept in ledger balance
2. No OTP notification
3. Just SMS and mail debit notifications
4. Transaction done on a Friday (11pm) on purpose.
5. Description of debit snowed a purchase of items via a PayPal user (in your case, I can sense it's the same, however I can't confirm if your transaction was carried out via PayPal platform)

HOW DID I RECOVER MY MONEY?
1. I sent a mail to all available PayPal customer service I could find online (email addresses, social media accounts) with the detailed explanation of the illegal transaction that same night.
I was replied on some and asked to show patience and they'll investigate the transaction.
2. Visited my bank the following Monday and blocked my Card.
3. Lodged a complaint and filled a fraud transaction form with detailed information about the transaction.
I was told there's a slim chance of recovering the money and it'll take about 90 days. I was willing to wait.
4. On the 3rd month, I received credit alerts in quick succession in the same manner they were debited.

I hope this helps and I feel someone has had access to either your mail account or card details or both.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Francisduckman(m): 7:59pm On Mar 29, 2020
OKOATA:
They could have used an IP, Na naija package bro.

this one have high, naija package run with Mexican pos? are you really checking urself?
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by shogsman(m): 7:59pm On Mar 29, 2020
Report them to CBN and you'll get your money plus a huge bonus for inconvenience cos this is an inside job,threaten them that you're contacting CBN,and Post this on all social media platform too
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Iree1(m): 7:59pm On Mar 29, 2020
Do u stay anywhere in Niger state, because that MX I saw in that transaction statement.... If so, u can try to trace it.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by adisabarber(m): 8:00pm On Mar 29, 2020
just2endowed:
This is serious Seun.. Let's save a life.

It should be moved to front page

Endless pos transaction n

Looks like your card was cloned and used in Mexico
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by adisabarber(m): 8:01pm On Mar 29, 2020
Iree1:
Do u stay anywhere in Niger state, because that MX I saw in that transaction statement.... If so, u can try to trace it.

Chihuahua, Mexico
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Jabioro: 8:01pm On Mar 29, 2020
emmanuelalbert3:
The same thing with me last week Saturday night 10k was debited from my diamond - Access account, still now my bank hasn't given me a reason for that.... Just so bitter about all this mess....
The futtwave was use to fraud my GTB acçount last year Dec..I lost 25k..I have to block my ATM completely.. recently I got some good sum into that account,I saw a debit of 19k I was mad but thank God..my balance remained the same,the second day the same thing happened.. which meant they are still working with old card..

2 Likes

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by JesseThunder(m): 8:02pm On Mar 29, 2020
This is not insider MasterCard job. If this was a good country it's the bank who will refund the money. The bank base might have been spammed or they got lucky with a working bin
stnkembu:

This is exactly what happened to the Op. I've handled several of such cases before and get the fund reversed.
Sometimes, I suspect an insider job in MasterCard international.
Op may be required to fill a charge back form. The fund will definitely be recovered.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by tetula123(m): 8:02pm On Mar 29, 2020
Burger01:
Clearly an inside job. Been using that account for years locally and internationally. Had a breach when I contacted my account officer from US. Different transactions were carried out several times a day. I got to see alerts days later when I checked my roamed naija line. I immediately moved the balance to a friend's account. I called and reported several times....nothing was done! God, Nigeria is a waste of a country angry
Well I would advise they be called out on Twitter. If I for one have an account with them reading all this I would have closed my account with them. I personally don’t receive mails or alerts in my savings account. Imagine it’s me, they will be the account without me knowing.

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Angelfrost(m): 8:03pm On Mar 29, 2020
thatigboman:
not necessarily.

How else??! He said he didn't divulge anything to anyone.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by unmask: 8:04pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:
This is the only transaction notification I got

Description: POS PURCHASE @SER MEZQUITAL Y NAZAS D MX
op sorry about your loss.

It is quite funny that most times when things like this happen, everybody keeps shouting it is the bank staff when in reality it is usually 99% the victims fault.

So some questions you can answer honestly to trace.

Do you have an ATM card on your account?
Have you used it for any transaction local or intl?
Have you given it to anyone before?
Does anyone have access to your card and know your pin?

From your transaction narrations, Those transactions look to have happened in Mexico....so it is pointing to an online transaction, except you went to Mexico with your card.

I pay with my card a lot of times for online transaction. but I limit the usage to website I trust. Most importantly, I don't leave money in any of my account that is used for online transaction.

This should also be a lesson to all those that use their cards online. You could be playing into the hands of fraudsters.

Ensure you don't leave money in any account that you use for online payments

Also send emails to your bank when you call and they don't respond in situations you need to stop debits on your accounts. That way you have written evidence that you sent them a msg and they did not respond any withdrawal that takes place after you made the request, then the bank will be liable.

Most importantly, don't reveal your ATM pin to anyone or give anyone your ATM card.

I have seen this happen many times in the bank where people complain, threatening fire and brimstone. But in the end it ends up being their fault.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by shogsman(m): 8:04pm On Mar 29, 2020
Olayetan:

Guy no talk am again o,with those info Even an average Joe go lift your money not to talk of pros.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by uzohrome(m): 8:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
Sorry bros, I think they used offline pos in Mexico to move the fund judging from the screen shot you shared. Your bank will be able to reverse the fund if it has not gone out from your bank headquarters. To get the fund back Is 50 50 bro and for those saying sue the bank you are just wasting your time. You did signed a document during your account opening and also another terms of conditions overseeing operating your account online. You signed to protect your login information and never to disclose it to anyone. So just gently work with your bank to help recover the fund. Sorry bros

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by loganx: 8:06pm On Mar 29, 2020
platforms not requiring OTP are not based in Nigeria, either way, you must have exposed your card details on any online payment platforms like paystack or registered on any online platforms with your card details.

2 Likes

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Babaibejii: 8:07pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:
someone fraudulently gain access to my account last night 28TH March 2020 and performed a series transactions of N443,928.49 without my authorisation.

I have called StanbicIBTC customer care and the lady I spoke with told me they would disable the account and push the case to stanbicIBTC fraud unit. Luckily I was able to transfered remaining balance to my GTB account to prevent further debits (I only saw this at about 5am when I work up to pee and saw a single alert of about 6k which I guess was the first trial. The funny thing was thst the debit alert for others or the login notifications or OTp token request didn't drop in my phone Sms or email just the first 6k.

The debited money 400k+ is still being held in my account Ledger balance (see screenshot), please I will appreciate any assistance in recoverying the money. I had no reason to believe my money wasn't safe in my StanbicIbtc bank account.

Note: I rarely used this account apart for saving... I rarely use the atm on this account too. I usually transfer from this account to my gtb before withdrawing.

Bank say there is slim chance of getting the money, that even though the fund are still held in ledger balance they are as good as debited.

Guy, na your wife. Ask her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Lockdown: I Visited Shoprite In Ikeja And It Was Empty (Photos, Video) / Mansion: Tony Ezenna's House In Bourdillon, Ikoyi, Lagos. Photos / Binary Option Free Alert Season 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.