Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test (49973 Views)

deputy Governor Of Benue State Benson's Abounu Airtime Finishes On LIVE TV / Benson Abounu Leads Night Surveillance At Entry Points Into Benue State / Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by fergie001: 5:04pm On Mar 28, 2020
The Benue State Government on Saturday confirmed its first case of the novel coronavirus disease otherwise known as COVID-19.

Governor Samuel Ortom disclosed this while briefing journalists in Makurdi, the state capital, shortly after the announcement by the Nigeria Center for Disease Control.

He gave the name of the patient as “Susan Okpe”, who returned from the United Kingdom, adding that the state action committee had already commenced contact tracing of about eight persons.

The governor explained that he disclosed the identity of the patient so that those who had made contact with her could take the necessary steps.

He said the patient is presently being managed at the State Treatment Centre located at State University Teaching Hospital, Makurdi.

The governor said he had ordered his deputy, Benson Abounu, to be tested for coronavirus.

He said 70-year-old Abounu was at a recently held National Economic Council meeting in Abuja.

The PUNCH reports that two attendees at the meeting tested positive for coronavirus.

He said, “We are already tracing of all those Susan Okpe came in contact with.

“In addition, samples of two other ladies have been collected but one among them turned to be negative to the virus.

“I have also told my deputy governor to go for a test having returned from the National Economic Council meeting in Abuja even though he told me that he had no close contact with those suspected to have contacted the virus."

https://punchng.com/breaking-covid-19-ortom-orders-deputy-to-undergo-test-as-benue-records-first-case/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by Iziq(m): 5:11pm On Mar 28, 2020
Sis. Corona be killing dem sha
Causing sleepless night for these motherfuckers

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by motivate555: 6:11pm On Mar 28, 2020
I want to understand something, I thought there was something called patient confidentiality? or is this because it is a special case?

Thanks to all those that responded to my inquiry

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by emeijeh(m): 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
Getting tested for the virus is the sensible thing to do, and there is no shame if your result come our positive.
Bubu has decided to disgrace all zombies by giving Nigerians fake result for COVID -19, after he has presented NEPA bill as certificate previously.

What's up with Bubu and fake results sef?

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by TallPck1(m): 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
Please we can't find Buhari to address us.

Why about Osibanjo?

Is he no longer the VP?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
Oga covid19 we hail you baba!

Thanks for humbling our leaders

Thanks for making the world understand we need invest more in technogical advancement to better human lives than investing heavily on attaining nuclear powers.

You see oga covid19, you don make us understand that cleaniness is next to.... Hence we need to keep our planet more cleaner than polluting it as usual.

You do well bros!

But baba you caught us unaware oo, no be the way we take dey look am oo. Abi na Creator send u make you come teach us a lesson?
No vex say i dey question you o senior man, but i know there are other lessons you wan teach us.
Your Excellency oga covid19, we fear death true true, just use this one take draw our ear, abeg no mutate again make our scientist will get you waka style. Abeg no kill us. Big bro, remember say we get children wey no get blame for our mistakes.
What of those of us wey no see the life chop for Naija, wey our leaders take our future dey enter Europe anyhow. How we wan do na? Bro remember say no be we chop the Apple oo, well we are all at your mercy now. Na all of us sin, just allow your belle soft on top our case, biko baba, senior man, boss of all bosses. Twale!

Drabeey was here

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by Ayoefa: 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
Stupid Governor, why release the name of the positive test. That's a medical record that only the patient can make public. The woman will be stigmatized from now on.

Not a good enough excuse.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by Melezenawii: 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
Why is he revealing name. Useless PDP Governor and followers. Unprofessional attitude coming from a slowpoke

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by Bossontop(m): 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
Coro coro be waiting for politicians like......

[img]https://media./images/6fb2efe25d5ca2e691d78b248dfb6946/tenor.gif[/img]

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by Slawormir: 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Fuckkkk
No matter what
keep patients medical records confidential

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by buygala(m): 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
Please if you know you in any way had contact with the said Susan Okpe within recent times, please submit yourself for testing angry

The Governor did well by naming her so that persons who know her and contacted her can come in for testing...

Adding her picture will be much nicer too...I have done a Facebook search of Susan Okpe and there are 3 ladies with same name who fit the profile...I would advice you guys do yourself some good and do a Facebook search as well to determine if you have contacted any of them..

Stay safe

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by seeker121(m): 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
We are going to overcome this by God's grace.

http:///v1o0lz

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
coro corona
Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by Zico5(m): 6:13pm On Mar 28, 2020
And one pumpkin of a president is somewhere hidden when governors are leading at the front. What kind of leader will hide when the house is on fire. I think this will open everyone eyes to know the danger we are living in by voting these senseless people into power. We are at the mercy of God.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by coronavirus19: 6:13pm On Mar 28, 2020
If I say make I send thunder to all of these returnees, even the almighty Corona no fit stop am angry angry. Me wey dey my lane dey drink garri

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by KmniAutos(m): 6:13pm On Mar 28, 2020
Iziq:
Sis. Corona be killing dem sha
Causing sleepless night for these motherfuckers

You mean?
Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by Breezzy(m): 6:13pm On Mar 28, 2020
Nice move, it's more than important. Odi ezigbo mkpa
Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by Franzinni: 6:14pm On Mar 28, 2020
sad
Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by helinues: 6:14pm On Mar 28, 2020
See locality.. Why is he releasing the name to the public?

How about stigmatization of the infected man family?

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by Friendlyjoe: 6:14pm On Mar 28, 2020
Melezenawii:
Why is he revealing name. Useless PDP Governor and followers

To enable others stay clear

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by ddippset(m): 6:14pm On Mar 28, 2020
How is it that all of them returning have the virus?

Why are they returning when they are likely to get better medical care over there?

I wonder.

When they are enjoying they remain there and enjoy alone but when they are afflicted they remember home.

In sickness and affliction we become the saner clime.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by datola: 6:14pm On Mar 28, 2020
Good for making his identity public.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by jericco1(m): 6:14pm On Mar 28, 2020
Smart move at least the people that have direct or indirect contact can self isolate if they know what's good for everyone cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 28, 2020
This year I be killing them Sha

Kpa kpa kpa kpa

Gbe body
Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by Built2last: 6:14pm On Mar 28, 2020
WANTED! WANTED! WANTED!

Name: Muhammadu Buhari 

Nickname: sinzu money

Side Hustle: president

Most Treasured Possession: cows

Hobby: traveling

#WhereIsBuhari

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by Blackchild1017(f): 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2020
Can anybody tell me why sanwo-olu Twitter page haven't been verified yet
Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by CoronaVirusPro: 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2020
Peter Obi needs to go to China.

He used the whole of China to campaign in the last election and it's a time to show solidarity.

I remember Peter Obi that year, any small thing, E must relate it with China.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by gcon21: 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2020
Good move.
This will make those that have contacted the victim to check themselves and stop spreading too.
FG should take a cue from these

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by thatigboman: 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2020
Melezenawii:
Why is he revealing name. Useless PDP Governor and followers. Unprofessional attitude coming from a slowpoke
dont exhibit your foolishness on every post. Didnt u see the valid reason the gov gave?

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by ArmaniUhuru: 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2020
Melezenawii:

The identities of victims somehow needs to be revealed, so that people that have come in contact with them will know and report to the nearest medical centers.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by SSam01: 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2020
If Lagos can release names it would have made things a lot easier instead of making everyone a suspect

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Ortom Orders Benson Abounu, His Deputy To Undergo A Test by ybalogs(m): 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2020
Pastors are waiting for Coronavirus to end so that they will continue healing the sick and casting away demons and diseases.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Melaye: "MKO Abiola No Longer Nigerian, Cannot Be Made GCFR" / 2023: I’ve Seen The Next President Of Nigeria – Babangida / Photos From Renewed Hope Concert For Tinubu/shettima In Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.