Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? (45706 Views)

Why Do Poor Parents Have More Children Than Rich Parents? (pictures) / Are Some Names Synonymous With Certain Character Traits? / Do Parents Have A Say In Our Financial Matters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by nnadychuks(m): 12:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Romanoff(f): 12:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
My mum is not prudent with money.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by generationz(f): 12:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
E
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Jaqenhghar: 12:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
That conparison thing is wrong. I had an acquaintance from school kill himself because of that shít. They kept comparing him with people who had already got a job.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
I wonder what the parents would say about their lazy, shiftless underachieving children if asked tongue

5 Likes

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by femi4: 12:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
You must greet everyone when go out

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by NewDelhi(m): 12:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
Parents today compare kids with their peers which is very wrong.. it can be demoralizing and can even initiate suicide.

After I finished school and things were hard, nobody dem no compare me with.. most especially my mother to the extent that sometimes I sit and think of what kind of mother she really is.. oh my friends son now works with Chevron you dey here you never still find your bearing... One of my friends son got a well paying job, got married and drives big Moto you dey here still dey struggle. She even compared me with Yahoo boys claiming they are "hustlers". It got to a stage I was like because of this woman I fit force myself go rob bank one day. Had to vacate the house for them and go look for somewhere else to live. I thank God today, all those years na history now.

As for my dad, that one na chief complainant. Nothing you go do wey fit impress am. He must surely find fault in it. I began to pity his health at a point because no day he no go complain. Petty things he could over look, he must complain. If he tell you make you carry blue pen come, he will still complain why you brought dark blue and not faint blue.. he's a type that will complain why the air he's breathing in ikotun market is not fresh like the one he breathe the last time he went to bar beach. (I'm just trying to give a clearer illustration of his character ) .. that's was how bad he was. Complain complain complain.. I dont even know if he's changed now coz it's been years I visited them at home. We only talk on phone and meet at parties and I send money to them once in a while.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by atikubaba(m): 12:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
My Mum (May Allah forgive her trespasses ) was too nice,this trait I picked from her but it is affecting me so much.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Dominatrix(f): 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
My mom de collect money from me pass agero, but I love her tongue

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by lastclaire4(f): 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
Bruno3000:
If only we can choose our parents! Ma mum sha better pass that man. Sometimes its best for SOME of ur parents to die young.

You are cruel.

9 Likes

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
ibkayee:
My mummy and daddy are perfect

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
I wish I had PARENTS.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by MYHUBBY: 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
mom is a goal getter but unfortunately end up in the hand of a man that don't have drive & vibes

Momsi carry husband for head hence she can't take her decision.
dad don't have dream, detest hearing anything investment.
he's full of misplace priorities.
most times he abandoned the house responsibility on his wife

not that he doesn't provide for the house but not at the detriment of sacrificing 50% of his 100% income and once there is nothing, he locked up and leave everyone to their fate

for the period I was with them, it was always painful to fall in his hand. he had friends but abandoned all his good and well to do friends but rather move with church friends who are nothing to write home about

he carry religion for head but never for once behave or act like a Christian

I urge ladies to include this in their search for a husband, he must have dream and vibes for investment. a rich man with no idea and passion for investment, is a future poor man.

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Dominatrix(f): 12:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
My mum is gullible, she de quick believe people fake pity story... But I'm always there to be a stumbling block! angry

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
lastclaire4:

You are cruel.

Shut up! Every story has 2 sides.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
ibkayee:
My mummy and daddy are perfect

Thank you. They sha did the best they could.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Countersam(m): 12:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
Akunwafor:
My parents are easily, I mean very easily influenced by public opinion.

Stranger in a public bus: "ah they said chloroquine cures and prevents coronavirus, I and my family finished one card each last week."

Well my mom has called me over 3 times today alone, telling me to make sure I buy chloroquine and keep enough at home and take every day. I rebuked her and have told her that if she kills herself because of what one stupid stranger told her, I will not shed a tear and that she should throw away all the cards of chloroquine she has already bought.

-My parents do the child comparison thing a-f*kn-lot

Family friend: "ah, my son only did OND and then did two certification courses and now he works in an oil company"

The day my dad's friend told him that, my dad started enforcing me to look for certification courses I'll do so that I'll end up like his friend's son. For 2 years while I was in school, he always used it to hound me to the point I stopped picking his calls and visiting home after a while.

Another friend: "ah, when my son finished school, he did his service and got a job immediately after, if you see the car he's driving now ehn"

The day my dad was told this, I effectively packed my things and left the house because I couldn't take the heat from my parents anymore. I didn't serve quite alright, all I've ever wanted was start and run my own business but my parents told me to my face that I don't know what I want or what is good for myself that people's children are working and driving cars, I'm there saying rubbish.

Well business may have been slow this year due to my dad's health condition and me blowing through my savings cos it, but my business has taken me to 7 countries (sight seeing sha cheesy)

I'll also add that they can't handle the truth (sort of). One time babe in school broke up with me, I was sad. My mum kept asking me what the problem was and eventually I told her that I was sad because a girl I liked hurt me and she just said I was stupid, this and that, like that's what they sent me there to do. Or the time I was duped by those taxi cab 419ers, I never wanted to tell them but somehow I did and boom, I was told I was stupid and senseless and that how would I just give someone money like that. I was a fresher then and that was when I vowed never to tell them things, we just exchange pleasantries and that's all.

There are many others but these have caused us to fight more than anything else.

What's yours?

My mum is so annoyingly (but intelligently) inquisitive and loves asking questions that will make you look like a baby..... Could be nice,caring and charitable outside home but inside she seems stingy and can't give you something and just look away, if you disturb too much you will even explain what you did with what you got last....
She is good in stylishly and jovially extracting information from people,that even if you have to lie you must also be intelligent and consistent in the lie. In fact as for me, she is best kept in the dark.
Worst is that most times I have shared business proposal with her she is quick to find cracks and faults, and more annoying is that most of these proposals eventually get started by others and then she will now be asking "how far self with ....?"

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by lastclaire4(f): 12:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
atikubaba:
My Mum (May Allah forgive her trespasses ) was too nice,this trait I picked from her but it is affecting me so much.

You picked up this trait from her .... please when are you going to share money?

20 Likes

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
Akunwafor:

Stranger in a public bus: "ah they said chloroquine cures and prevents coronavirus, I and my family finished one card each last week."

Well my mom has called me over 3 times today alone, telling me to make sure I buy chloroquine and keep enough at home and take every day. I rebuked her and have told her that if she kills herself because of what one stupid stranger told her, I will not shed a tear and that she should throw away all the cards of chloroquine she has already bought.

Family friend: "ah, my son only did OND and then did two certification courses and now he works in an oil company"

The day my dad's friend told him that, my dad started enforcing me to look for certification courses I'll do so that I'll end up like his friend's son. For 2 years while I was in school, he always used it to hound me to the point I stopped picking his calls and visiting home after a while.

Another friend: "ah, when my son finished school, he did his service and got a job immediately after, if you see the car he's driving now ehn"

The day my dad was told this, I effectively packed my things and left the house because I couldn't take the heat from my parents anymore. I didn't serve quite alright, all I've ever wanted was start and run my own business but my parents told me to my face that I don't know what I want or what is good for myself that people's children are working and driving cars, I'm there saying rubbish.

Well business may have been slow this year due to my dad's health condition and me blowing through my savings cos it, but my business has taken me to 7 countries (sight seeing sha cheesy)

I'll also add that they can't handle the truth (sort of). One time babe in school broke up with me, I was sad. My mum kept asking me what the problem was and eventually I told her that I was sad because a girl I liked hurt me and she just said I was stupid, this and that, like that's what they sent me there to do. Or the time I was duped by those taxi cab 419ers, I never wanted to tell them but somehow I did and boom, I was told I was stupid and senseless and that how would I just give someone money like that. I was a fresher then and that was when I vowed never to tell them things, we just exchange pleasantries and that's all.

There are many others but these have caused us to fight more than anything else.

What's yours?
every single thing there is my dad, my mom no get probs.

Infact this shit feels like what i wrote self cos the business agenda you gat is so me and i stopped picking my dad overbearing calls until we settled recently

Now he is like ok this dude isn't a child anymore na my momsi dey even make go home to check-up on her (only my mom voice on phone go calm Lucifer down let alone seeing her, she never stops looking for how to give me something na me dey say am ok)

I just dey about developing myself

6 Likes

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by buikem2: 12:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
Many here will be a worse version of whatever they write when they become parents

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
My dad is annoyingly an overtly organized person. He is just obsessed with details. You must not touch anything in the house, he surely must know someone has meddled with it.

Dad is also too disciplined, hard man. Well, I have been exerting social distancing from him since cradle lol.

Mum is cool and has little to no problems other than knowing how to get on Dad's wrong side.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by emperorlaqrin: 12:49pm On Mar 30, 2020
Babatunde40:
They did not save money or have properties. Absolutely nothing to inherit. grin

Lol werey (not abusing you Sha oooo)

5 Likes

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Mummyfour(f): 12:49pm On Mar 30, 2020
My father will use too much shout and grammar to shut you up, especially when he knows you are telling the truth. He will also make reference to all the mistakes you made in the past to cow you. Then after a while,he will call you up and pretend that such a thing never happened. When you try to tell him about your feeling of what transpired the last time,he will start the shouting and grammar again and the circle continues for years on one matter.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by HMarshal(m): 12:49pm On Mar 30, 2020
Bruno3000:
If only we can choose our parents! Ma mum sha better pass that man. Sometimes its best for SOME of ur parents to die young.
Deep

3 Likes

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Babatunde40(m): 12:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
emperorlaqrin:

Lol werey (not abusing you Sha oooo)

No offense taken wink
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Bluehill1051: 12:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Babatunde40(m): 12:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
Mummyfour:
My father will use too much shout and grammar to shut you up, especially when he knows you are telling the truth. He will also make reference to all the mistakes you made in the past to cow you. Then after a while,he will call you up and pretend that such a thing never happened. When you try to tell him about your feeling of what transpired the last time,he will start the shouting and grammar again and the circle continues for years on one matter.

Then you let go of the matter. You sef like wahala. Must you bring it up again? Na you dey continue the circle

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 30, 2020
leathalbeast:
None coz its not easy to be a parent. Sometimes they say or do things that make you angry but in the end you will realize that it was all for the best.

True. But the thing is, it's not what you say, it's how you say it.

1 Like

Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by MeshachMARTINS(m): 12:52pm On Mar 30, 2020
smiley
Re: What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? by Starkid3010(m): 12:52pm On Mar 30, 2020
Akunwafor:

What's yours?
my dad complains alot and5thinks he's always right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes / Cheating Nigerian Wife Threatens A Man Who Said Men Should Do DNA Test / Wife Gifts Her Husband Her Entire Savings (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.