Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Is This The Best Time To Start My Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is This The Best Time To Start My Business? (914 Views)

Journey So Far! : Corona Lockdown Motivated Me To Start My Youtube Channel. / Mike Adenuga: "How I Started My Business Empire By Selling Car Stereos In 1974" / ”I Started My Business With N5,000, I Now Have 5 Bedroom Mansion In Lagos"- Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The Best Time To Start My Business? by harbeyboi52(m): 11:20pm On Mar 28, 2020
Gud evening my people,
It's been two month I have been planning to set up a computer center which am already done with the getting of several things I am going to need but due to short of cash I couldn't make payment for the shop rentage.
Fast forward to yesterday I got an alert frm one of my debtors which is enough for me to pay the shop rent, is it really advisable I pay for the shop now or wait till the corona issue die down though business is going on around the area not just like on normal days.
Your advice will go a long way
Re: Is This The Best Time To Start My Business? by xcabczyxabczzzz: 11:23pm On Mar 28, 2020
If the location is viable, risk it.
Re: Is This The Best Time To Start My Business? by drmikeadams(m): 11:23pm On Mar 28, 2020
harbeyboi52:
Gud evening my people,
It's been two month I have been planning to set up a computer center which am already done with the getting of several things I am going to need but due to short of cash I couldn't make payment for the shop rentage.
Fast forward to yesterday I got an alert frm one of my debtors which is enough for me to pay the shop rent, is it really advisable I pay for the shop now or wait till the corona issue die down though business is going on around the area not just like on normal days.
business centre still dey move?
Re: Is This The Best Time To Start My Business? by xcabczyxabczzzz: 11:26pm On Mar 28, 2020
drmikeadams:
business centre still dey move?
anything moves depending on your location. Do you know that people still buy DVD movies and TV series from video clubs?
Re: Is This The Best Time To Start My Business? by Akinowon123(m): 11:30pm On Mar 28, 2020
harbeyboi52:
Gud evening my people,
Where is ur location,
Re: Is This The Best Time To Start My Business? by viccipedia: 11:34pm On Mar 28, 2020
Really?

Re: Is This The Best Time To Start My Business? by drmikeadams(m): 11:34pm On Mar 28, 2020
xcabczyxabczzzz:
anything moves depending on your location. Do you know that people still buy DVD movies and TV series from video clubs?
. Wow and I taught gotv ruined the business
Re: Is This The Best Time To Start My Business? by xcabczyxabczzzz: 11:38pm On Mar 28, 2020
drmikeadams:
. Wow and I taught gotv ruined the business
Sure they affected the market value but didn't ruin the business and nothing would except our local station start giving out good movies with great graphics.
Re: Is This The Best Time To Start My Business? by harbeyboi52(m): 11:42pm On Mar 28, 2020
Akinowon123:

Where is ur location,
Smwhr in ogun state... Though it's a very busy environment sha
Re: Is This The Best Time To Start My Business? by harbeyboi52(m): 11:43pm On Mar 28, 2020
xcabczyxabczzzz:
If the location is viable, risk it.
Sure it is a student environments ND there are skuls around
Re: Is This The Best Time To Start My Business? by xcabczyxabczzzz: 11:47pm On Mar 28, 2020
harbeyboi52:

Sure it is a student environments ND there are skuls around
But schools are in lock down, are you scared that someone might rent the shop before you do? If not calm down and observe things from next week on the coronavirus.
Re: Is This The Best Time To Start My Business? by harbeyboi52(m): 11:57pm On Mar 28, 2020
xcabczyxabczzzz:

But schools are in lock down, are you scared that someone might rent the shop before you do? If not calm down and observe things from next week on the coronavirus.
Not scared of loosing it cuz the caretaker is nt even renting it out to another person just want to be sure if am doing the right thing or am rushing things
Re: Is This The Best Time To Start My Business? by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 29, 2020
harbeyboi52:

Not scared of loosing it cuz the caretaker is nt even renting it out to another person just want to be sure if am doing the right thing or am rushing things
pls chill let this ish cool down first.
You know he start counting from the day you pay
Re: Is This The Best Time To Start My Business? by xcabczyxabczzzz: 12:04am On Mar 29, 2020
harbeyboi52:

You are having second thought, hoping for some validation or someone to put the blame on if anything goes wrong; I don't mind being that person.

But believe it won't be easy if not everybody would be doing it, there would be ups and down but with the right mindset and attitude you can come out talk at the other end.

Create a short plan, dedicate like 3-5 years of your life towards the hustle. Project your monthly income and smack it back to back, don't be quick to diversify or invest in other business you have zero knowledge on. Good luck.
Re: Is This The Best Time To Start My Business? by chrizzyace: 12:14am On Mar 29, 2020
harbeyboi52:
Gud evening my people,

I’ll advice you wait till this pandemic is over... Cause you might get harassed by police or those agency monitoring wherever there’s crowd.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Oando Filling Station On Fire In Lagos ( Pictures, Video) / Drop Servicing: You Need To Get This Training / Get A Loan From AB MICROFINANCE BANK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.