Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,448 members, 7,801,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

What Is Government Plan For Us? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Government Plan For Us? (214 Views)

PDP Is Government-in-waiting – Atiku Tells Lawmakers-elect / Is Government A Savings Account? Oshiomhole Challenges Peter Obi / I Swear! It Is Government That Armed Us!....says Fulani Herdsman! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Government Plan For Us? by lordizak(m): 8:01am On Mar 29, 2020
Times of emergencies like this one (Covid19 lockdown), we need to take adequate measures to survive.
Firstly, I am not a finance person, so I won't go into details of figures and finance. But I do think with the introduction of bvn, the government can arrange social welfare packages for a lot of people. It is also my suggestion that half salary is paid to big earners, the richest football clubs in the world are giving pay cut... Let our Governors, Ministers and Lawmakers and others earning about N100k take a pay cut, this is just for the interval of the lockdown.
Because of our population, I do believe we have one of the highest amount of unemployed persons, that aside, we also have many unskilled labourers who depend on their daily hustle to make end meets, generally we do have a large dependent population.
A tasks force should be put in place to check the incessant rise in cost of commodities like food and drinks and also safety kits... Many people are leveraging on the rush to create unnecessary scarcity.
Such facility companies like media, electricity and communication like MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, BEDC, DSTv, Startime et al should subsidize thier services for the time being. We do need electricity and a lot of data to stay safe, to reach out to our love ones and also educate the public.
How do government plan to make this lockdown happen without casses of police brutality, extortion of members of the public, given the record of extreme use of force by our armed forces, is this not a thing to make them do their usual stuff? Give us assurances.
And to our religious fellow, please do as you are told, even the whites that brought in Christianity are staying safe to pray, let no man if God ask you to do anything that can expose you to risk. I don't mean any disrespect.
We don't need a case study or flimsy excuses, it is no rocket science to know that a total lockdown will weigh too much on a lot us, the big questions then becomes... What is the government's plan for the less privilege, and the unprepared members of society?
This is not targeted towards any individual or organisation... It is solely my opinion as a concerned citizen.
Forgive any typos as I don't proofread.
Stay safe, Government play your card.

Thanks.
Okolie Isaac.
Bsc criminology and security studies.
Re: What Is Government Plan For Us? by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 29, 2020
The biggest challenge with the Buhari led Government to me, is the lack of effective communication between the FG and the masses.
The FG should work on this, NOW!
Re: What Is Government Plan For Us? by 143WaZoBia: 8:49am On Mar 29, 2020
This virus could have benefit on Nigerians if this was 2018 or 2019 in preparation of election the government would have done plenty of wonders. But as it is even APC no go contest in 2023 election they can’t bother about your lives. The only active president we have right now is Tinubu, he’s the only one that seem to need us but even him can’t help you, he needs to keep his money safe until at least 2022.
God help y’all.
Re: What Is Government Plan For Us? by johnmartus(m): 9:01am On Mar 29, 2020
Your suggestion is good. But guess what you will not get one out of it. Because government don't have any plan than to treat anyone that got infected with coronavirus.

(1) (Reply)

Full Speech Of Predient Buhari On COVID-19 Pandemic / Speech Of Muhammad Buhari, President Of The Federal Republic Nigeria / #coronavirus ...FULL TEXT Of Speech By Nigeria's President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.