Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? (48391 Views)

Check Nigeria Company Details Online / Autumn Spikes: Dangote Sues American Mistress For Exposing His Buttocks Online / Dangers Of Exposing Your BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Livescores: 11:31am On Mar 29, 2020
Toseenlove:

Ehn Iffa hear...... Fair money loan will debit your account with just your BVN & ATM Card No, without your ATM Card PIN. No thanks to those Idiot Criminal PAYSTACK, They are the one helping those Loan guys to Penetrate Into someone's Account. Kwikcash are the only one I know who doesn't do this shiit.
did you not pay 50naira Account verification fee with your debit card pin whilst lending from fairmoney?

If you change your pin or deactivate your debit card trust me fair money will never wire your money.

4 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by babyfaceafrica: 11:33am On Mar 29, 2020
engrchykae:
you can be kidnapped to make the necessary withdrawals under duress.
Don't ever joke with Gs
True, but you don't need to drop ur account for you to be kidnapped by Gs.. They can just kidnapped anybody and ask for her account number and do the deal...why will they stress themselves using accounts of faceless people?

4 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Livescores: 11:36am On Mar 29, 2020
sexylassie2:

even though it is not part of the topic, thanks for saying this

all those loan apps have access to people personal details, phone contacts and bank accounts

Yes loan apps have access to your personal details because you allowed it.

Loan apps will always request for your bank details before they can lend you money ( I think except branch)

They will ask you to pay for account verification ( and in this process your card details will be stored in their database including your debit card pin)

4 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Toseenlove: 11:36am On Mar 29, 2020
Livescores:
did you not pay 50naira Account verification fee with your debit card pin whilst lending from fairmoney?

If you change your pin or deactivate your debit card trust me fair money will never wire your money.

Correct nice one.....This dude Is Enlightened. But the thing Is I knew they were able to do that with the sole assistance of PAYSTACK. I hate that e-platform
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by heartbraker(m): 11:37am On Mar 29, 2020
sexylassie2:

yes now, i know, you can feed them online
having some free 10mb shouldn't give u d audacity to talk to me anyhow, I don't engage riff-raffs.

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Toseenlove: 11:38am On Mar 29, 2020
[quote author=babyfaceafrica post=87883866][/quote]

I thought you were trying to troll me lol. don't have strength for such things again.....
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by engrchykae(m): 11:38am On Mar 29, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

True, but you don't need to drop ur account for you to be kidnapped by Gs.. They can just kidnapped anybody and ask for her account number and do the deal...why will they stress themselves using accounts of faceless people?
I meant if they stylishly asked you to drop account on a platform like nairaland and the money entered your account,then they asked you to withdraw or transfer the money to a designated account and you refuse,they might resort to kidnap
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by sexylassie2(f): 11:40am On Mar 29, 2020
heartbraker:
having some free 10mb shouldn't give u d gut to talk to me anyhow, I don't engage riff-raffs.

yes now, free 10mb is better than none.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Toseenlove: 11:40am On Mar 29, 2020
Livescores:

Yes loan apps have access to your personal details because you allowed it.

Loan apps will always request for your bank details before they can lend you money ( I think except branch)

They will ask you to pay for account verification ( and in this process Your card details will be stored in their database including your debit card pin)

Yes and that's the reason they don't send u an OTP to Validate the payment yourself. I think It's still fraud and doesn't looks normal....
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by babyfaceafrica: 11:41am On Mar 29, 2020
engrchykae:
I meant if they stylishly asked you to drop account on a platform like nairaland and the money entered your account,then they asked you to withdraw or transfer the money to a designated account and you refuse,they might resort to kidnap

Very unlikely and stressful.. When they can just go to atm points and kidnap people, transfer money to their accounts and ask them to withdraw it under duress

4 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by proclinician: 11:42am On Mar 29, 2020
sexylassie2:

proclinician:

so how come when money mules are caught and investigated, mostly they collected money in their account on behalf of someone they dont know?

so how come effc have arrested people collecting cash on behalf of people they dont know?

have you guys ever heard about money mule scam

Somebody you don't know promises u 10k via give away then u get alert of 10m. He tells u he made a mistake and then tells u to withdraw the 10m, pack it in a brief case, take 100k out of it as yours then meet him wherever he is to deliver the briefcase AND YOU AGREE. Are you now an accomplice in a grand money laundering conspiracy or not?
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by babyfaceafrica: 11:42am On Mar 29, 2020
Toseenlove:

I thought you were trying to troll me lol. don't have strength for such things again.....
smh
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by zexy2030(m): 11:42am On Mar 29, 2020
proclinician:

I doubt if these persons talking trash here understand how money laundering works. Like someone picks an acc in a faceless forum and throw in proceeds of fraud hoping to get same back. Like seriously?
if u insist u don't know anything about the money, the bank freezes the money, but if its withdrawable then during investigation just deny but ensure u withdrew the money once.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by babyfaceafrica: 11:43am On Mar 29, 2020
proclinician:

Somebody you don't know promises u 10k via give away then u get alert of 10m. He tells u he made a mistake and then tells u to withdraw the 10m, pack it in a brief case, take 100k out of it as yours then meet him wherever he is to deliver the briefcase AND YOU AGREE. Are you now an accomplice in a grand money laundering conspiracy or not?
nicely put.. Manage this sir

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by seanwilliam(m): 11:43am On Mar 29, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
they are lying.. Nobody can withdraw a dime from your account without your atm and password, without an OtP send directly to your phone number, without your PIn.. I repeat all accounts here are safe.. These accounts can only be used for frauds with the consent of account owners
everything you said is correct except the otp... no be all transaction require otp bro
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Livescores: 11:46am On Mar 29, 2020
Toseenlove:

Correct nice one.....This dude Is Enlightened. But the thing Is I knew they were able to do that with the sole assistance of PAYSTACK. I hate that e-platform
blame your bank instead, it's your bank that allow such, Banks work with Credit bureau ( loan apps will report you to credit bureau if you default )

Then your bank will give loan credit bureau/loan app permission to wire your money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by babyfaceafrica: 11:46am On Mar 29, 2020
seanwilliam:
everything you said is correct except the otp... no be all transaction require otp bro
okay... I used OtP for all my transactions.. My bad!!
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by proclinician: 11:46am On Mar 29, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Lol this drink is very cold like in siberia. Thanks oga.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by zexy2030(m): 11:47am On Mar 29, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
some accounts have limits stop dreaming. To use accounts for such laundry such accounts u need to ask questions otherwise the money will be frozen.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by seanwilliam(m): 11:47am On Mar 29, 2020
Toseenlove:

Yes and that's the reason they don't send u an OTP to Validate the payment yourself. I think It's still fraud and doesn't looks normal....
long time bro.. how u dey
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by babyfaceafrica: 11:48am On Mar 29, 2020
zexy2030:

some accounts have limits stop dreaming. To use accounts for such laundry such accounts u need to ask questions otherwise the money will be frozen.
and how does this affect my assertions?

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Toseenlove: 11:50am On Mar 29, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
smh
What's wrong with u now? Oya shoot me an email...
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Toseenlove: 11:50am On Mar 29, 2020
seanwilliam:
long time bro.. how u dey

Bruh I sight you, I'm managing Oooh. How the hustle dey go naw for this corona period lol?
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Livescores: 11:54am On Mar 29, 2020
Toseenlove:

it's not fraud, it's in the bank terms and conditions.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by babyfaceafrica: 11:55am On Mar 29, 2020
Toseenlove:

What's wrong with u now? Oya shoot me an email...
I don't have gun
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by sexylassie2(f): 11:56am On Mar 29, 2020
proclinician:

as you see me like this head dey pain me

my own is people have fall victims of frauds, collecting money on behalf of fraudsters who promised them a cut for sending the money to various account
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by seanwilliam(m): 11:57am On Mar 29, 2020
Toseenlove:

Bruh I sight you, I'm managing Oooh. How the hustle dey go naw for this corona period lol?
na small change wey person get na hin I dey spend oo..money no enter abeg.. if this corona go ehn, na to " fourble" my husle.. grin unko?
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by GeneralPula: 11:58am On Mar 29, 2020
[s]
sexylassie2:
Your bank account is like your personal identity.

Posting bank accounts online is dangerous.

You could be used as a money mule.

Your account stolen and used for financial identity theft.

Your name stolen and used for fraud.

Fraudsters can use your banking info to send stolen or scammed money into it, if your account is flagged, it will be freezed.

It can be used to sponsor terrorism activities, that one na big trouble you don enter.

Money laundering ko,

[/s]
Tho it’s not right posting any of your bank details online anyhow, but account name with number can’t expose them to those shiit you listed up there..

Money laundering got me laughing lol.. Nothing wey person no go see for Nairaland sha..
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by seanwilliam(m): 11:59am On Mar 29, 2020
The first and last time I dropped my acct was 2018 in betting thread... rakitibarca I still remember you o , God go purnish you for giving me false hope that year grin
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by seanwilliam(m): 12:01pm On Mar 29, 2020
Abeg most of these loan apps are scam... I hear say if person borrow money dem fit debit you twice or if you no meet deadline dem go send message to your contact..
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Allsingles: 12:03pm On Mar 29, 2020
Imagine all the promises in different threads here yesterday, promising millions.
You didn't ask yourself how much did the person have that he wants to give millions of Naira to individuals.
I will be the last person to drop my account details online, to unknown individual.

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? by Toseenlove: 12:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
I don't have gun
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Dies At 34 / Th / See The Dilapidated Road That Femi Otedola's Forte Oil Rehabilitated In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.