Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience (108299 Views)

How COVID-19 Dead Bodies Are Buried By NCDC Officials (Video) / 12 New COVID-19 Cases Confirmed By NCDC, Total Now 151 / My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Topmaike007(m): 10:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
grin
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by aliumik: 10:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
Nn
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by adanny01(m): 10:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
Its quite obvious the testing is meant for elites only.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Trimque2k1(m): 10:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
ogtavia:

Have you finally gotten tested? Because I want to get tested. Can we discuss on WhatsApp?
mumu buhari has killed us...

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Flexzy360(m): 10:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
Nigerian richest men can donate billions
But when not properly used, we can not solve the issue at hand
Just do ur self gud by staying home
Tnx u

1 Like

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Sanfranka6(m): 10:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
God sees everything, he is not sleeping.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Austineva(m): 10:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
Terrible! Nigeria is finished finally

1 Like

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by bjgurl(f): 10:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
They are overwhelmed too as well
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
Isreal just evacuated its citizens today, france or another european country did also some days ago, usa is planning a massive evacuation soon.
And i hear some people opening teeth saying from frying pan to fire...u should be asking yourself why are those countries pulling their citizens away or do u honestly believe the number the govt reels out every night like they do during elections?
Believe nig govt at your own peril

23 Likes

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by UnknownT: 10:35pm On Mar 29, 2020
They are only testing people thta came back abroad. An SMS they sent me confirmed it this morning.
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Blackfire(m): 10:35pm On Mar 29, 2020
Heaven knows I did not vote for this ineptitude epileptic septic govt.

Over to those that did corona

6 Likes

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by crazycrypto710: 10:35pm On Mar 29, 2020
In deep sh!t we are.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Tuska: 10:35pm On Mar 29, 2020
Nigeria Nah country? The number of people with the disease is very alarming. The government is waiting for people to start dying

7 Likes

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Tunex252(m): 10:35pm On Mar 29, 2020
I'm beginning to ask myself if at all Nigerian is a country

Now I found the answer, we are all living in a ZOO or probably a thick forest with no hope

9 Likes

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by seedorfg(m): 10:35pm On Mar 29, 2020
Why always we, why always Nigeria like this, no consistency and honesty.

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by omoteacher(m): 10:35pm On Mar 29, 2020
shocked

Our health workers are all afraid. Maybe they should increase their work hazard allowance in this period ?Naija situation always scare me.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Covid19Control: 10:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
Seun:
If this is true, how did they hide it from us? I'm yet to read about any Nairalander based in Nigeria who actually has the Coronavirus Disease....

We hope that you can work with us. We want to be able to reach the ignored people who have been tagged as "low-risk".
COVID-19 is very dangerous because it can be spread around, even by healthy asymptomatic people.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by LabDNA: 10:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
If we depend on NCDC, we'll die.

The only thing that can help us is mass testing. Abott laboratories have developed a molecular-based 5 mins testing machine that are FDA approved. Beg them for the machines.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by saajus: 10:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
You are right Op. A lot of people already have it. We have tested just over a thousand, and we have 100+ positives. That's whopping 10%. God forbid, if we are going on that 10% rate, that's 20m of our population. Italy has 10%, Spain 7%, Iran 7%, United States 1.5% death rate. Those are advanced countries, imagine what could happen in a country that can't boast of 1k ventilators, adequate Doctors and Nurses, the death rate can't be less than 30%. 30% of 20m is 6m.
Our leaders have failed and "aso o bomoye mo". We need a miracle. Is either our immune system help us or weather that won't let the virus stay longer on surfaces or supernatural power or the advanced world quickly come out with a solution. In the absence of any of those, we are in a very big soup. Remember, vaccines take at least a year to pass several tests and trials.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Hustlersguide: 10:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
Good thing is, the elites are most infected with the virus and there is likely a 10% chance of survival.

Don't be scared if you're not a member of the elites, nothing will happen to u...God gat ur back.

Here's a Prophesy, many politicians will die, Nigeria will start a progressive change not with the likes of Sowore but with new individuals not known in the corridor of power.

A young man from Delta State will rise to be more popular and a strong influencer on the political system of the country though he will not sit in Aso rock.

Trump will loose the next election

Nigeria will eventually be dissolved but not before the progressive change takes place.

Nnamdi Kanu is not the Messiah the Igbos have been expecting

Niger Delta will not be part of biafra

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by COVIK19: 10:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
Beremx:
It will never catch any nairaland member. How would it catch us when we don’t work again and we are glued to nairaland? It is well cheesy
Berem Berem, remember that year wey you dey kill us with Buhari matter?

1 Like

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by KaptainAfrika: 10:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
" I and a colleague of mine decided we want to be sure of our status before going into #selfisolation. "

1. There are limited test kits.
2. You were told that you should go for testing, IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE SYMPTOMS ! YOU WENT TO GET TESTING, JUST TO BE SURE OF YOUR STATUS!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by ovonramwen: 10:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
Seun:
If this is true, how did they hide it from us? I'm yet to read about any Nairalander based in Nigeria who actually has the Coronavirus Disease....
is this the real Seun grin grin . Not sure I’ve seen you comment before now grin

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by whitering: 10:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
I said it, Nigeria is on autopilot since 2015.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Caleb17: 10:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
Nigeria has entered once chance. Bill Gates predictions is coming to pass but God forbid. Not my blood nor that of my family and friends....

1 Like

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by jarx: 10:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
Did you know?
President Mohammed buhari watched his live broadcast with the rest of us

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by jarx: 10:39pm On Mar 29, 2020
Did you know?
President Mohammed buhari watched his live broadcast with the rest of us

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by yomi007k(m): 10:39pm On Mar 29, 2020
whytepawn1:
I knew it. It will soon bore down to who you know and your status in the society.

Lies.

I referred a symptomatic patient this morning and he got tested today in lagos. He was negative.

If you have symptoms and travel history you will get tested.
Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by domDva(m): 10:40pm On Mar 29, 2020
The capacity of NCDC is no wear close to what we need in a population of 200m. Germany does over 500k test a week . NCDC does roughly 700 a week and they need to do VIP first ...so just pray you don't get the virus. Simple.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 29, 2020
And the idiot came on AIT blowing grammar!! So many incompetent people in High places!! Giving appointment based on tribalism, Godfather!! Am not surprised!! Truth be told Government is not the problem!! We individuals are the sole problem of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience by princepalace: 10:40pm On Mar 29, 2020
chloroquine, paracetamol and piriton tablets are the antidote for this corona virus. just like every other ailments like typhoid, malaria, jaundice and etc that earlier killed a lot of people, so also this corona virus. just take the normal dose, the person will get well. i am not afraid of it. taking of herbs made up of dongoyaro, pawpaw leave, mango leave and onion leave will flush the virus away. God has given the solution withing us, we should not panic because it is not a death sentence.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) / Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial / Benefits Of African Black Soap

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.