Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Family Men/women In The House. Who Has Used Stepup Transformer For AC Before - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Men/women In The House. Who Has Used Stepup Transformer For AC Before (979 Views)

Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Men/women In The House. Who Has Used Stepup Transformer For AC Before by eniola1010(m): 4:12pm On Mar 29, 2020
The light in my area deteriorated overnight

I use a 1.5hp inverter AC

The AC works fine. And i use a 5000avr stab for it.

They both work fine. My light input used to be 180+ before. And output on the stab used to be 235+.

But since the light had issue. Input has been 115-150 output has been 210-220.

This has made my AC to be blowing just air. As it needs and output of 230+ to function properly.

I browsed online and i heard that a stepup transformer can be of help. Like it jacks up the input. Before it is connected to the stab. Thereby giving the stab an output of about 230+ required to make the AC function well.

I really dont know about these step up transformers that is why i am asking family men and women who has used this to share thier experiences.

My neighbors use conventional AC and their AC works fine. I guess because mine is a new model kind of AC and so it is not used to that kind of low voltage

What is pissing me off is that the AC is an inverter AC and i was told a generator can even power it. It was even written on the carton. Isn't such AC supposed to even run well on low voltage?

Only when our light is very full and stable will the AC work well. It only works extremely well when the input is 180+ and output is 230+
Re: Family Men/women In The House. Who Has Used Stepup Transformer For AC Before by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 29, 2020
eniola1010:

They both work fine. My light input used to be 180+ before. And output on the stab used to be 235+.

This has made my AC to be blowing just air. As it needs and output of 230+ to function properly.

I browsed online and i heard that a stepup transformer can be of help. Like it jacks up the input. Before it is connected to the stab. Thereby giving the stab an output of about 230+ required to make the AC function well.

I really dont know about these step up transformers that is why i am asking family men and women who has used this to share thier experiences.

My neighbors use conventional AC and their AC works fine. I guess because mine is a new model kind of AC and so it is not used to that kind of low voltage

What is pissing me off is that the AC is an inverter AC and i was told a generator can even power it. It was even written on the carton. Isn't such AC supposed to even run well on low voltage?

Only when our light is very full and stable will the AC work well. It only works extremely well when the input is 180+ and output is 230+
though have used transformer to boost both nepa output and generator for my electric popcorn machine machine before and that machine sure consume light but I don't know if you can use it for ac
Why don't you give it a trial?
The transformer I used, bought it from a rewire @5k.
Transformer is used to boost power supply sha
Re: Family Men/women In The House. Who Has Used Stepup Transformer For AC Before by eniola1010(m): 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
southniyikaye:
though have used transformer to boost both nepa output and generator for my electric popcorn machine machine before and that machine sure consume light but I don't know if you can use it for ac

Was d popcorn machine dat consumed light or the transformer.

Please can you decribe how the transformer looks like and how much one can likely get it.

This is the only step up transformer i know, but i doubt its this one as this one can only power a video game console i guess.

Re: Family Men/women In The House. Who Has Used Stepup Transformer For AC Before by eniola1010(m): 4:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
southniyikaye:
Why don't you give it a trial?
The transformer I used, bought it from a rewire @5k.
Transformer is used to boost power supply sha

Exactly i was told its rewire that normally do it.
Re: Family Men/women In The House. Who Has Used Stepup Transformer For AC Before by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
eniola1010:

Was d popcorn machine dat consumed light or the transformer.

Please can you decribe how the transformer looks like and how much one can likely get it.

This is the only step up transformer i know, but i doubt its this one as this one can only power a video game console i guess.
the machine. Bro you can't use that shit you posted there o, to be on the safer side, get a rewire who also does or repairs Ac, let him check it out for you, he will recommend the best transformer to use
Re: Family Men/women In The House. Who Has Used Stepup Transformer For AC Before by eniola1010(m): 4:40pm On Mar 29, 2020
southniyikaye:
the machine. Bro you can't use that shit you posted there o, to be on the safer side, get a rewire who also does or repairs Ac, let him check it out for you, he will recommend the best transformer to use

Lol the first paragraph got me laughing. Lol. Bros say i no fit use that shit. Me too i know right. It looks like step up for ps2.

Okay i will do my findings on a reputable rewire
Re: Family Men/women In The House. Who Has Used Stepup Transformer For AC Before by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2020
eniola1010:

Lol the first paragraph got me laughing. Lol. Bros say i no fit use that shit. Me too i know right. It looks like step up for ps2.

Okay i will do my findings on a reputable rewire
when they check it out, they will recommend the best. Don't let them cheat you, Las Las negotiation na 5k o, no matter how much he twist you, your last price should be 5k because for a 1.5hp you shouldn't use more than that. Assuming I have the pics of the one I used, I could have shown you
Re: Family Men/women In The House. Who Has Used Stepup Transformer For AC Before by eniola1010(m): 5:02pm On Mar 29, 2020
southniyikaye:
when they check it out, they will recommend the best. Don't let them cheat you, Las Las negotiation na 5k o, no matter how much he twist you, your last price should be 5k because for a 1.5hp you shouldn't use more than that. Assuming I have the pics of the one I used, I could have shown you

You're the best boss
Re: Family Men/women In The House. Who Has Used Stepup Transformer For AC Before by noobody(m): 1:10am On Mar 31, 2020
eniola1010:

Activate turbo mode on your stab,

Cheers
Re: Family Men/women In The House. Who Has Used Stepup Transformer For AC Before by mejai(m): 1:41am On Feb 23, 2022
eniola1010:

Bro, how did u later solve it?
Re: Family Men/women In The House. Who Has Used Stepup Transformer For AC Before by eniola1010(m): 3:17pm On Feb 23, 2022
mejai:

Bro, how did u later solve it?

i am just managing it like that my brother

(1) (Reply)

I'm crying for help / Pelumi Fadodun: Missing Boy Found (Pictured) / Men Should Undergo Vasectomy For Family Planning - Facebook Feminist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.