Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Tinubu Did Not Say FG To Print New Naira Note. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Did Not Say FG To Print New Naira Note. (672 Views)

Tinubu: I Did Not Urge FG To Print New Naira Notes (March 2020) / Northern Traders Call-Off Strike, Say FG Agreed To Pay N4.75bn Compensation / Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Did Not Say FG To Print New Naira Note. by aremuforlife(m): 9:55pm On Mar 29, 2020
It is a pity the way we handle fake and malicious news in this country, I hope it will not set this country ablaze in future.
These are the words of BAT

1. Today, I released a statement to the public with the Title: A MESSAGE ON THE CORONAVIRUS – A TIE FOR UNITY, A TIME FOR THOUGHT A TIME FOR ACTION. In the statement, I provided, among other things, my thoughts on the economic impact of COVID-19 across the world and in Nigeria.
2. I believe that the virus has potential to be a grave economic threat to our nation. Knowing this, I decided to use the platform to make known my thoughts should it become necessary for the government to act.
3. Thankfully, we have not seen the worst of the virus but we must be bold and we must be prepared should the time for action ever arise.
4. In this connection, I included nine specific recommendations for the government to consider, to boost confidence, protect vulnerable citizens and safeguard our economy.

5. These were: (i) maintaining (or expanding) present levels of government spending; (ii) focusing expenditure on public infrastructure and transportation (if the virus does not hit strongly) and health care (if it does); (iii) tax reduction and VAT suspension; (iv) food security

6. (v) lower interest rates; (vi) quantitative easing by the CBN to prop up the financial markets; (vii) exchange rate flexibility; (viii) debt suspension to support individuals and the private sector; and (ix) direct economic support for the poor.

7. The core principle underpinning all of the above is that the federal government must adopt a countercyclical fiscal policy and should not be afraid to spend as much naira as is required to protect the economy.

8. One thing I absolutely did not call for was the literal printing of new naira notes by the federal government. Such a suggestion is extremely far-fetched and has never been on my mind. It is unfortunate that my prescriptions were so badly misunderstood and misreported.

9. To make it abundantly clear, I do not want, nor am I calling for, the Federal Government to print a single new naira note. What I do want is for the government to meet the coming economic challenges with a swift, bold and effective spending plan.

10. Those who, until now, would spend their time beating up on straw men should give us their own plans. If, that is, they even have any.
Re: Tinubu Did Not Say FG To Print New Naira Note. by APCNig: 9:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
Rumours are spread by fools and accepted by idiots both of whom lost two consecutive elections back to back due to the political sagacity of the Jagaban Borgu.

Una go cry, cry cry, una go tire.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Did Not Say FG To Print New Naira Note. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 29, 2020
UnaToto
Re: Tinubu Did Not Say FG To Print New Naira Note. by clarocuzioo(m): 10:26pm On Mar 29, 2020
Hmmmmmm
Re: Tinubu Did Not Say FG To Print New Naira Note. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
Sharap there, you are zombie and your brain has been air fried

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Did Not Say FG To Print New Naira Note. by sapientia(m): 11:08pm On Mar 29, 2020

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Did Not Say FG To Print New Naira Note. by densiks: 11:08pm On Mar 29, 2020
You make the already incompetent government look more clueless when you make public suggestions of this nature rather than use internal mechanisms fully available at your disposal to channel your money printing idea or whatever it is.
Re: Tinubu Did Not Say FG To Print New Naira Note. by aremuforlife(m): 11:22pm On Mar 29, 2020
sapientia:
Zombie virus can cause blindness

Who doesn't know APC are serial liars and will always retract their statements.

https://punchng.com/coronavirus-print-more-naira-notes-tinubu-tells-fg/?amp=1

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/03/29/covid-19-tinubu-asks-fg-to-suspend-vat-seeks-united-nigeria/amp/

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/tinubu-to-buhari-print-more-naira-notes-suspend-vat/.

https://www.thecable.ng/analysing-tinubus-economics-tinubunomics-101

You can't know more than Tinubu, the words above are his direct words. What do you have to say about that or you just went to argue.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Did Not Say FG To Print New Naira Note. by aremuforlife(m): 11:23pm On Mar 29, 2020
[/quote][quote author=Deadratgrill post=87904299]Sharap there, you are zombie and your brain has been air fried
Stop been stupid and face the message.
Those are his direct words.
Re: Tinubu Did Not Say FG To Print New Naira Note. by RussianKGB: 11:50pm On Mar 29, 2020
When they display crass stupidity and regrettable foolishness they look for means to retract their idiocy with another set of utterly disgraceful stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Did Not Say FG To Print New Naira Note. by Exmilitant(m): 11:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
He said to print more naira notes, he said it, he said it... Tinubu said it.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Did Not Say FG To Print New Naira Note. by lawani: 5:25pm On Apr 09, 2020
The volume of naira in circulation now is at least one thousand times what it was in the 1970s yet there was no time they announced printing of naira notes.
Re: Tinubu Did Not Say FG To Print New Naira Note. by aremuforlife(m): 7:08pm On Apr 09, 2020
[/quote][quote author=Exmilitant post=87906234]He said to print more naira notes, he said it, he said it... Tinubu said it.
Can you quote his direct words?
Re: Tinubu Did Not Say FG To Print New Naira Note. by PenSniper: 6:25am On Apr 10, 2020
Big liar. He said that the fg can also print more naira notes as done by the American govt who he alleged to've printed more dollars. Dumb idiot.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Did Not Say FG To Print New Naira Note. by 0m0nnakoda: 6:35am On Apr 10, 2020
Actually he did.
In this days of electronic money you don't need to "print money" to print money.

Printing money simply means increasing the supply of money so called quantitative easing.
Increasing the supply of money without an increase of revenue is exactly what America has done and exactly what Tinubu advocated.

The exact quotes are there so he should not lie. He can only fool his naive fanatic supporters

(1) (Reply)

As Governor Makinde Announces Questionable Recovery, Nigerian Guess Next To Test / Abba Kyari: Mamman Daura’s Unwashed Clothe By Hassan Mukhtar / COVID-19: Knocks As Ondo Governor Wife Flouts Interstate Movement Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.