Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Experimenting With An Internet Server. Looking For Volunteers - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Experimenting With An Internet Server. Looking For Volunteers (535 Views)

Kidstech Africa Calls For Volunteers / Zeta-web Nigeria, An Internet Service Provider (ISP) With Expertise In Innovatin / See Wat A Nigerian Boy Did Wit Carton That Has Made Him An Internet Sensation(pi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experimenting With An Internet Server. Looking For Volunteers by mayorj(m): 3:30am On Mar 30, 2020
Hi... I am a Country Manager at a startup where our aim is to use technology to empower the underprivileged and bring them internet. As a result, a farmer would have better access to weather reports and their children would have access to study materials, all of it for free.
We have developed a product to help provide internet/internet like services, in countries like India and Nigeria, using Raspberry Pi.

The OS will be ready in almost a week for testing. If you own a Raspberry Pi and would like to be a part of the experiment to see if our OS works fine, provide us feedback on how to improve and hence, help us in our endeavor.
The engineers would be able to share further details on this front, should you plan to opt-in and be a part of this test. You can DM me in case you wish to try this out and I will put you in touch with our hardware and software engineers while giving more details about the project.

I hope I am posting in the right section. If not, request the admins to direct this post to the right section.

P.S. We may be open to giving away a small freebie to 5 people who choose to volunteer, after the experiment and contribution. Since it is a startup with very very limited resources as of now, not sure how much or what would we be giving, but we can promise something.
Look at this as an impact project, if you plan to contribute by being a part of it.
Re: Experimenting With An Internet Server. Looking For Volunteers by ikh777: 5:01am On Mar 30, 2020
mayorj:
Hi... I am a Country Manager at a startup where our aim is to use technology to empower the underprivileged and bring them internet. As a result, a farmer would have better access to weather reports and their children would have access to study materials, all of it for free.
We have developed a product to help provide internet/internet like services, in countries like India and Nigeria, using Raspberry Pi.

The OS will be ready in almost a week for testing. If you own a Raspberry Pi and would like to be a part of the experiment to see if our OS works fine, provide us feedback on how to improve and hence, help us in our endeavor.
The engineers would be able to share further details on this front, should you plan to opt-in and be a part of this test. You can DM me in case you wish to try this out and I will put you in touch with our hardware and software engineers while giving more details about the project.

I hope I am posting in the right section. If not, request the admins to direct this post to the right section.

P.S. We may be open to giving away a small freebie to 5 people who choose to volunteer, after the experiment and contribution. Since it is a startup with very very limited resources as of now, not sure how much or what would we be giving, but we can promise something.
Look at this as an impact project, if you plan to contribute by being a part of it.

sign me up

1 Like

Re: Experimenting With An Internet Server. Looking For Volunteers by mayorj(m): 5:04am On Mar 30, 2020
ikh777:

sign me up

Do you have a Raspberry Pi device?
Re: Experimenting With An Internet Server. Looking For Volunteers by blujoi(m): 12:18pm On Mar 30, 2020
Please i’m Interested in this opportunity. I don’t own a raspberry Pi, but I won’t mind to be part of the project. If you can share your email here, I’ll send you a mail so we can discuss further

1 Like

Re: Experimenting With An Internet Server. Looking For Volunteers by mayorj(m): 1:05pm On Mar 30, 2020
For spam purposes I may not be able to share you my email. However use the mail system of this platform. I will definitely reply. Once I confirm that interested persons are genuine and serious, I will communicate via my official mail. We don't want to pronounce the name of the project too much yet.

There are more to it. The device will have its own crypto so that users can be able to mine crypto, but we are at the development stage. We hope to get to success of those features.

Thank you for your interest.
Re: Experimenting With An Internet Server. Looking For Volunteers by mayorj(m): 3:16pm On Apr 11, 2020
For those who own a Raspberry Pi and have interest, the link to the Os is:

os.toki.com

You can download the Os and run it. Please leave a review on the page after testing.
Re: Experimenting With An Internet Server. Looking For Volunteers by Leopantro: 8:44pm On May 22, 2020
Not much info on the site, would like to know more please
Re: Experimenting With An Internet Server. Looking For Volunteers by mayorj(m): 3:39pm On May 31, 2020
Leopantro:
Not much info on the site, would like to know more please

The site explains the basic thing there. If you have a Rapsberry Pi, download the OS, flash your SD card and copy the OS on it, I recommend using balenaEtcher for that. Insert the SD card back into you Pi, boot up your Pi, connect to its WiFi (tokinet), and browse archived sites on the network.
Re: Experimenting With An Internet Server. Looking For Volunteers by Leopantro: 5:41pm On May 31, 2020
mayorj:

The site explains the basic thing there. If you have a Rapsberry Pi, download the OS, flash your SD card and copy the OS on it, I recommend using balenaEtcher for that. Insert the SD card back into you Pi, boot up your Pi, connect to its WiFi (tokinet), and browse archived sites on the network.

Thank, will check it out

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fiverr Number Now Available For Two Time Or Three Time Verification / Hdr10 Vs Dolby Vision / Call For Applications: Olu Of Warri Tech Challenge (N1 Million Naira Cash Prize)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.