Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 (35646 Views)

Umar Dangiwa Open Letter To Buhari: Your Lopsided Appointment Will Ruin Nigeria / Timi Frank To Osinbajo: Sue Me, Stop Threatening Media Houses / Ezekwesili To Buhari: Your Plot To Impeach Saraki Failed, Give It Up Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
What do you expect? Mr president is not learned, he's not acquainted with the scope of the virulence nor any approach to curtail it. Baba is old and deteriorating. He doesn't fit into modern leadership.
He should allow the vice president to step in on this...

1 Like

Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by McTested(m): 12:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
Please, i need help as this lackdown is biting very hard, no money for the basics.

Anything can save a soul

3498942013 FCMB

Thank you and may the Almighty God bless you in many folds

Thanks once again.
Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by Flaame(m): 12:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
sweetsell:
In Nigeria fools are celebrated by Ipob igbo on how foolish their comment can resonate so this isn't surprising at all.
you're an idiot and a fool for this statement

2 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by desiredhome: 12:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
NoSidonLook:

Sit at home is good. Health is wealth

But where is the welfare package put in place to ensure citizens are properly okay during sit at home.

Not everybody sitting at home work in a white collar job that can afford to stock up food and sit at home comfortably.

Sit at home and stay safe from covid19, but die from hunger sitting at home.

Unfortunately your country is not built to that standard, where such palliative works like developed Countries where they have educated literates and decipline society, not in Nigeria where there's no database of the people, where there are so many educated illiterates, where corruption is the order of the day.......
That's the unfortunate situation
Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by CoronaVirusPro: 12:49pm On Mar 30, 2020
Timi should please shut the fvck up!
Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by Chatflick(m): 12:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
sweetsell:
Debating nitwit like you is a waste. I sent the below submission to your fellow bigoted fool earlier today, you can digest it n go to hell.

Just replace the hate with tribalism to see how pathetic your soul as rotten.

Isn't it amusing that a tribe that segregated the osu from among it own to be hated disrespected
N rubbished is accusing others of hate ?!

This same tribe complain it is hated by Ikwerre Hausa Fulani Yoruba South Africans Malaysian Singaporeans Indians Arabs Chinese Indians n every possible citizen of the world.

How many of you despicable souls are not ashame to accuse others of hate with the disgusting n naseauting stench of hate n bigotry oozing deep down from your bigoted souls is baffling.
E pain am

3 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by AlexRazzy(m): 12:53pm On Mar 30, 2020
[quote author=iammo post=87914061] cool

wetin dey worry all this stupid people sef, PDP are just too irritating, Jonathan succeeded in destroying PDP by sending away their sensible founding fathers, replacing them with foolish drunkards like himself

In US Democrats Independents and Republican have both shunned petty politics to work out plans for their economic recovery, disaster management and relief plan

if PDP are sensible, since they felt Buhari's speech and plans he itemized are not enough or they felt he doesn't have the power to place curfew on Lagos and Ogun, then they should tell Nigerians what other plans they want him to do

Oga read first before u begin spill rubbish, Timi made some valid points. Aside shutting down some states, taking bout social distancing and stay at home (which we all know already), what other specific measures did the president talk about?
What strategy did he dish out to make sure people don't die in their homes?
Even the welfare packages which was supposed to be deployed to help people in need was highly ignored
Read before u criticize, think deeply but u no gree.
Timi made some valid points
I mean, what did Buhari say that we all didn't know?

3 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by desiredhome: 12:54pm On Mar 30, 2020
MrBnana:
What do you expect? Mr president is not learned, he's not acquainted with the scope of the virulence nor any approach to curtail it. Baba is old and deteriorating. He doesn't fit into modern leadership.
He should allow the vice president to step in on this...
Sifia pain
Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by Lanre4uonly(m): 1:00pm On Mar 30, 2020
candidtalk:

Indeed bro. Today I have busied myself in my area spreading info and urging folks to prepare.

I have been sensitizing folks about the need to look beyond Covid-19 alone and have malaria drugs and paracetamol in the house in case anyone falls ill during the 14 day quarantine period.

Untreated malaria can kill too. I have even bought my gateman malaria medicine, food, water etc for him in his boys quarter.

Positive people should be doing practical survivalist preparation today and making themselves useful to their immediate society and not spreading fear and despondency as some of these vengeful and unrepentant haters are doing.
You've done well and spoken well my brother.

Your good deeds to people around you during this difficult period would forever remain in their hearts.

This is how it should be because the deed (covid-19) has been done already and this is not a time for showing hatred because of our differences or pointing of accusing fingers.

Together, we will all overcome this global challenge.

#StaySafe.
Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by cjwalter(m): 1:03pm On Mar 30, 2020
Before u talk rubbish read this .....(Buhari restricted movement in Lagos, Ogun and the FCT for two weeks, however, he failed to say when most civil servants especially in the FCT that have not been paid will receive their salaries.

“How are these categories of workers expected to cope with the lockdown without a Kobo in their pockets?).....

1 Like

Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by PrinceOfDark: 1:03pm On Mar 30, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:
Timi should please shut the fvck up!
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by waky15(m): 1:06pm On Mar 30, 2020
Timi Frank is a complete slowpoke! It's high time we put our differences aside and unite together to combat Covid-19.
Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by cash2gold(m): 1:07pm On Mar 30, 2020
for ur bitcoin and perfect money kindly contact us @ 07062454526

Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by gosmoney(m): 1:20pm On Mar 30, 2020
Lifeiscool:
Somebody should please go near this guy. He's sick!
did u read his write up at all becouse if u do u will knw dat u are d one dat is sick in d head by always supporting dis bad government

1 Like

Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by HMarshal(m): 1:23pm On Mar 30, 2020
kingsvictor2:
Press Release
30/03/20

Former Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Timi Frank, on Monday, described President Muhammadu Buhari’s pre-recorded broadcast to the nation on Sunday evening as a monumental embarrassment to Nigerians.

Frank in a statement in Abuja, said that Nigerians were disappointed in Buhari’s speech because it fell shamefully short of a “presidential crisis broadcast” compared to what world leaders are offering to their citizens at this time.

He said that Nigerians would have forgiven the President if he had stuck to his decision not to speak to Nigerians on efforts being done to contain the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the country, instead of being “wide in generalities and short on specifics.”

Frank said: “The broadcast was worse than COVID-19 because it failed to outline a specific roadmap on how Nigeria can win this invisible war.

“Any measure from the Federal Government that does not advance Nigeria’s response to the COVID-19 will ultimately hurt Nigerians.

“The President has not only lost precious response time, he is yet losing time while the rate of infection is steadily growing in the country.

“Nigerians were highly disappointed that instead of a live broadcast - with the media given the opportunity to seek clarifications for the benefit of Nigerians - the President opted for a pre-recorded and stilted message.

“He only played back to Nigerians what most experts have recommended and which many state governments have already started implementing.

“While Ghana with about 28 million population is attacking the pandemic with $100 million, Nigeria with over 200 million people is approaching the virus with a paltry N15 billion which translates to roughly $40 million going by the prevailing exchange rate. Are we being serious and responsive here?”

He commended the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele, for appealing to Chief Executives of commercial banks to support the Federal Government’s fight against the pandemic.

He however called on individuals and corporate bodies that have pledged financial assistance to contain the virus in the country not to handover such funds to the administration if they don’t want their hard earned resources looted.

“They should rather partner with individual state governments to ensure that the funds are prudently spent like the example that GTBank has done in partnership with the Lagos State Government by erecting a 100-bed hospital for the isolation and treatment of confirmed cases,” he said.

According to the Bayelsa-born political activist, “Buhari only told Nigerians what they already knew - things many state governments have already implemented. Yet, all palliatives promised by the President will be delivered in ‘coming weeks.’

“The President failed to tell Nigerians about the testing capacity of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) that is leading the charge against this deadly virus in the country.

“How many people can the NCDC test per day and what medical exigences are needed to successful treat confirmed cases and ensure that they resume their normal lives?

“How many people are going to benefit from
the conditional cash transfer. How many IDPs will benefit from the two months food rations being planned by Buhari in ‘the coming weeks?’

“Nigerians are aware that the school feeding programme of the Federal Government has performed wonderfully in theory. How does the President want to feed children that are not in school?

“Buhari restricted movement in Lagos, Ogun and the FCT for two weeks, however, he failed to say when most civil servants especially in the FCT that have not been paid will receive their salaries.

“How are these categories of workers expected to cope with the lockdown without a Kobo in their pockets?

“All over the world, no government has restricted media coverage of the ongoing pandemic, but Buhari said those in Abuja and Lagos can only move if they can prove they cannot work from home!

“Do media houses operate newsrooms or broadcast stations from the homes of their respective employees?

“I think Nigerians deserve something better from their President in the the face of this global scourge.”

He saluted Nigerians for their resilience in this trying moment and prayed for quick recovery for those undergoing treatment as a result of the virus.

He also urged Nigerians to intensify prayers for the pandemic to cease in the country.

Signed

Comrade Timi Frank
Political Activist
Abuja.
Even tho i don't support buhari,Wit due respect sir,Bleep you! Every one is improvising now & all some fools do is criticize, wat have u done to aid the situation here?fucking morons.
Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 30, 2020
Franzinni:
Nah so Tim my guy!! Tell them the truth with a chilled bottle of alomo bitters

While will he not be sick to a zombie like you.

Can you fault any of his submissions? Buhari wants to continue the school feeding program. For children that are at home? He is locking down States. He doesn't know many of these states has been locked down since. Is it now his mates in other countries are addressing their citizens?

Is it not plain stupidity and wickedness for salaries not to have been paid by now? How do people survive? Elsewhere, government are giving out free monies to their citizens or at least paying salaries early, yet this stupid administration will wait till April to start paying March salary.

2 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by Exmilitant(m): 1:28pm On Mar 30, 2020
The kind of cool our president has is amazing. His ability to stomach all sort of insults and abuses from some Nigerians is simply stunning. Come to think of it, is Timi Frank, Fani Kayode and co. Clean enough to criticize and cast aspersion on any government? Timi and Ffk should continue, insult the president all you want with the support of your Igbo fans.. What goes around comes around. We shall remind you of these later.....

1 Like

Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by Onlyonebuhari: 1:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
Even PDP and e rat FFK saluted Buhari. But one drunkard seeking attention.

1 Like

Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by Izongdave(m): 1:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
Some responses to this Man's criticism, only tell of the wores that has befalling Nigeria, of course a reasonable citizen will crazy to expect his president address him with a word of hope in the face of crisis.... Timi and ors. Have demanded, the president did speak... Now Timi is pointing out that the President's speech fell short of hope, and here some of us are, saying gibberish

2 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by Goke7: 1:41pm On Mar 30, 2020
Lanre4uonly:
The earlier we put our differences aside without pointing accusing fingers and tackle this pandemic together, the better for us as a country.
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.
#StaySafe.

Nigerians are heartless, we use every circumstances we find ourselves to play bitter politics and its hurting every sphere of our lives. PARENTING has failed in our society, we now have a generation that is very unruly and will continue to ruin every social strata of our society.

And the worst thing is that we keep pointing accusing fingers to others even when its glaring we ourselves are the problem
Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by itu404(m): 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
[quote author=Ayoefa post=87918237][/quote]

My brother, words will fail me if i am to comment however, you have spoken my mind. for long i have fought hatred and unnecessary criticism for our president in this forum i have said what many are finding our now: that it is a gathering of some sect who have a common hatred for the president. they have hijacked this forum and their voices are very loud. by their fruits you know them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by todugo(m): 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
candidtalk:

You guys just know how to throw up doom, gloom and pessimism. You never offer solutions or make positive suggestions.

It is a whole day this very urgent and badly needed curfew was announced. Many should use this period proactively to prepare. Join relatives or friends if possible to pool resources and conquer hunger, loneliness or despondency.

Speak to neighbour's and talk about your fear or handicap be it money, transport to get food and water or homelessness. Whatever. Just reach out.

Don't just sit around and accept death as inevitable. Not the time to talk about years of misrule or how many of our people came to be in this position. This is simply time to act to keep ourselves and others alive and hopeful.
OK, I don't have any family member in Lagos to reach out to or join.Now I can reach out to you for help I need 5k just for this week Sterling bank 0059634662.
Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 30, 2020
iammo:
cool

wetin dey worry all this stupid people sef, PDP are just too irritating, Jonathan succeeded in destroying PDP by sending away their sensible founding fathers, replacing them with foolish drunkards like himself

In US Democrats Independents and Republican have both shunned petty politics to work out plans for their economic recovery, disaster management and relief plan

if PDP are sensible, since they felt Buhari's speech and plans he itemized are not enough or they felt he doesn't have the power to place curfew on Lagos and Ogun, then they should tell Nigerians what other plans they want him to do

Shut up and stop displaying grass arrogance. PDP should lay better plans to Buhari? Dummy, you don't know your president. What has he done with the numerous advise and plans he has been given by individuals and groups?

Someone that was forced to at least talk to Nigerians in this pandemic. Is it now his mates are addressing their citizens?

He talked about continuing the school feeding program. For children that are home abi. He is locking down States. He doesn't know many of these states have been locked down since.

He is not even aware of what is going on. He was forced to give that broadcast, a pre-recorded broadcast at that

Is it not plain stupidity and wickedness for salaries not to have been paid by now? How do people survive? Elsewhere, government are giving out free monies to their citizens or at least paying salaries early, yet this stupid administration will wait till April to start paying March salary. People should die at home?

You people Should at least reason sometimes. Don't suspend your brain when it comes to Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by pek(m): 2:06pm On Mar 30, 2020
Criticizing for the sake of it is just plain stupidity. Timi is confused. How can I take a person serious who doesn't know what a press release is? Using "he" as first person is just not it.

1 Like

Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by michoim(m): 2:12pm On Mar 30, 2020
Poor man Timi Frank...

2 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by pek(m): 2:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
kingsvictor2:
Press Release
30/03/20

Former Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Timi Frank, on Monday, described President Muhammadu Buhari’s pre-recorded broadcast to the nation on Sunday evening as a monumental embarrassment to Nigerians.

Frank in a statement in Abuja, said that Nigerians were disappointed in Buhari’s speech because it fell shamefully short of a “presidential crisis broadcast” compared to what world leaders are offering to their citizens at this time.

Which Nigerians? I am a Nigerian and it is not an embarrassment to me.

According to the Bayelsa-born political activist, “Buhari only told Nigerians what they already knew - things many state governments have already implemented. Yet, all palliatives promised by the President will be delivered in ‘coming weeks.’

What do you really want? When you hate someone, every action he takes must be a negative one to you. Purge yourself of hate.

He saluted Nigerians for their resilience in this trying moment and prayed for quick recovery for those undergoing treatment as a result of the virus.

He also urged Nigerians to intensify prayers for the pandemic to cease in the country.

Who is the he here? The President? You are so consumed with hate that you don't even know what you are doing.

Signed

Comrade Timi Frank
Political Activist
Abuja.
Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by pek(m): 2:24pm On Mar 30, 2020
cjwalter:
Before u talk rubbish read this .....(Buhari restricted movement in Lagos, Ogun and the FCT for two weeks, however, he failed to say when most civil servants especially in the FCT that have not been paid will receive their salaries.

“How are these categories of workers expected to cope with the lockdown without a Kobo in their pockets?).....
Don't mislead. Most federal civil servants have been paid since last week.

1 Like

Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 30, 2020
todugo:
All this people criticising Timi for what he said have not experienced HUNGER for good one week I bet you go beg for covic1-9 Birus than for Hunger to strike you grin grin grin

Correct talk
They don't know hunger is more deadly than this Covid19 as far as Nigeria is concerned

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by Basher8583: 2:30pm On Mar 30, 2020
sapientia:
Buhari hid only to surface to read summary.

What did Buhari say that is new?

Reading Sanwo Pontius Pilate speech was more presidential.

Your junior brother is more mature than you
Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by Miracle1991: 2:38pm On Mar 30, 2020
It is scientifically prove that any man that has a big mouth will definitely have a small brain. Now I have seen it on Timi Frank case.

1 Like

Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by jeraw: 2:39pm On Mar 30, 2020
Re: Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 by Eteka1(m): 2:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
Timi Frank has nothing meaningful to say here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Twitter Fans Angrily Reply Dr. Reuben Abati. / David Umahi Welcomes Wife, Rachel, At Enugu Airport After Vacation Abroad / Demolition: Tinubu Shocked By Ganduje’s Atrocities As Governor – Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.