Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" (52735 Views)

Davido & Olamide Brought Out Gov Sanwo Olu To Dance & Perform Live On Stage / Daughter's Burial - Ada Ameh Begs FG, Sanwo-Olu To Allow Her Fly To Abuja / 'Mommy Calm Down’ Boy Meets Governor Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by correctkidabc(m): 9:59am On Mar 30, 2020
Update on the Coronavirus -Covid19 by the Incident Commander, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu

My dear Lagosians, greetings.

1) It has become necessary for me to address you, once again, on the serious challenge of Coronavirus, the lethal disease the world has been battling, following some developments.

2) First, I would like to salute you for your endurance, following some measures we had announced in our desperate bid to fight and defeat this pandemic, which has changed the way we used to see our world. No aspect of human life – education, entertainment, sports, aviation and others – has been spared by this lethal disease, yet we are determined to halt it in its perilous path by joining forces with the Federal Ministry of Health, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), the World Health Organisation (WHO), UNICEF and many others.

3) President Muhammadu Buhari has just made some pronouncements on the nation’s battle-plan against Coronavirus. He has announced that as from 11pm on Monday 30th of March 2020, movement will be restricted in Lagos State for 14 days. Only people rendering essential services, such as health workers, manufacturers and distributors of health equipment and drugs, food and water companies are expected to go out.

4) Also allowed to move are workers in telecommunications, petroleum distribution and retailing as well as power companies and the media, among others whose jobs cannot be handled at home. I have no doubt in my mind that you will understand that this restriction, tough as it may seem, is a necessary step we must take in our battle against this virus. It is, my dear Lagosians, a matter of life and death. Our choice is clear – life. This means victory over this pandemic, against which there is yet no vaccine. This is why we must co-operate with the authorities as long as this restriction lasts.

5) The restriction, needless to say, will enhance our chances of defeating Coronavirus for the following reasons:

• Our medical workers will have room to move faster to cases that they need to handle;

• The disease will be contained faster as those infected will be easily identified and isolated as the treatment for the disease demands; and

• Social distancing will be enhanced and more people will be prevented from contracting the disease.

6) I would like to address the fears of those who have expressed some security concerns about your places of work and shops during this restriction. I have directed the police and other security agents to ensure that there are no security breaches. They will ensure that criminals do not take advantage of this important measure.

7) The private sector, our market leaders and traders are advised to use the window of opportunity that we have before 11pm to move out inflammable materials, such as petrol, kerosene and others, from their offices and shops, which they are free to open before the restriction begins. They are also advised to switch off all electrical and electronic appliances. These measures are to stave off fire incidents during the 14-day restriction.

8 Members of the public are advised to also use this window to make last-minute shopping in readiness for the restriction.

9) You must have noticed our efforts to disinfect our public places, including parks and highways. The exercise will continue and extend to our rural and riverine areas.

10) As I had earlier promised that the poor and vulnerable among us will not be left to their own devices, we have since started our welfare package for this class of people, those who live on daily earnings and the jobless. The hitches noticed in the distribution of the food package are being addressed so as to make the exercise healthier and more dignifying.

11) Again, let me assure you that there is no need to panic, even as the number of those infected is rising and our fear of community spreading is being confirmed by the cases that are being handled now. This is the time to be more focused on our responsibility in this battle. Let us continue to obey the simple rules prescribed by the experts. These include social distancing, even as we remain indoors, washing of our hands with soap and water as many times as possible, covering our mouths when we sneeze or cough and avoiding any gathering for whatever reason.

12) I salute all our health workers who have been on the frontlines of this battle against an unseen enemy. They have been working round the clock to ensure that we come out of this with our heads unbowed. These men and women are worthy compatriots; we recognise their labour of love.

13) I salute also the comradeship of some members of the private sector, who have joined us in this battle. They have done well.

14) There will be no let-up in our determination to ride out this storm. With your co-operation and the grace of The Almighty, we will surely win this war.

15) Thank you.

https://lagosstate.gov.ng/blog/2020/03/30/update-on-the-coronavirus-covid19-by-the-incident-commander-governor-babajide-sanwo-olu/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by matrix199(m): 10:03am On Mar 30, 2020
Movies are getting real now.

May God be with us all!

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Kylekent59: 10:04am On Mar 30, 2020
I had done that last week.

I just need to buy a cutlass in case if a bugler / thief enters my home.

My eyes dey red now. I can do the undo if anyone tries me this corona period.

308 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by miteolu(m): 10:11am On Mar 30, 2020
Where is the money to shop?

If you can pay your staff 2 months advance. It will be nice

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Perfecttouchade: 10:11am On Mar 30, 2020
Una no serious o, where people wan see money? At least all the billions these big men and women dey drop in billions should be shared among Nigerians..alakija gave 1billion and others too..share dis money and let everyone be ok, there won't be robbery attacks on the people who has little to survive na.p

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by SharpJoe: 10:11am On Mar 30, 2020
Continue creating panic and heavy spread with careless and thoughtless actions and remarks. When people rush to buy with infected ones together, will that not increase the spread?

Carryout massive testing and isolation of infected ones. The earlier the better. Lockdown will not chase the virus.

Tracing of the spread can only be done by massive testing. The money from the federal government and donors is to save lives. Not for your looting consumption.

Lockdown means nothing without testing and isolating infected ones.

176 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by aylive02(m): 10:11am On Mar 30, 2020
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 30, 2020
This the acid test for APC the party of propaganda now they are having to have a taste of their own poison

12 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Tattooboy: 10:11am On Mar 30, 2020
Same thing as saying ''start panic buying now''

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by uptimum123(m): 10:11am On Mar 30, 2020
We shall pull through this together

4 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by WhiZTiM(m): 10:11am On Mar 30, 2020
Buy medical supplies too

6 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by aylive02(m): 10:11am On Mar 30, 2020
grin grin grin

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Shashaeniyan: 10:11am On Mar 30, 2020
somebody should help
no money to do last minute shopping o...
HUNGER days is here...please help survive
ecobank

9 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Fheelzz(m): 10:12am On Mar 30, 2020
grin

Get toons or any kind of mockup graphics for your businesses at affordable rates

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Openbusiness: 10:12am On Mar 30, 2020
Chaiiii, so this Lagos total lockdown from tonight is real ? I swear I thought Buhari was just playing. Pease someone should just do 'mistake' an transfer money to my account, may hunger no kill me the next 14 days abeg. If I don't login on Nairaland, after 3 days from today, just know that na Buhari and Sanwo Olu kill me. Buhari, I know you don't like me and I don't like you and we don't like eachother, and eachother don't like ourselves and ourselves don't like the 2 of us but please credit my account before hunger kill me Stanbic IBTC bank ! Don't turn my children to orphan embarassed. Don't turn my girlfriend to widower, she's too young, and na Lagos girl she be, she will date another guy after 6 hourscry

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Adex2442: 10:12am On Mar 30, 2020
E done set.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by ednut1(m): 10:12am On Mar 30, 2020
Maybe this is my chance to lose weight no more fast food kai

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 30, 2020
Buhari never gets anything right! This is unconstitutional, No responsible, democratic and civilised country will throw its Constitution and laws into the dustbin in an effort to tackle a pandemic like COVID-19 the way President Buhari has done. Freedom of movement is a fundamental right guaranteed by Section 41 of the Constitution.

No law has been passed by the National Assembly to empower Buhari to lockdown Nigeria or any part thereof on account of coronavirus. Buhari hasn't issued regulations as required under the Quarantine Act. The President has not declared a state of emergency in Lagos, Ogun or Abuja.

Of course we're in zoo republic, Buhari gave a decree and no one finds anything wrong with it. We're in democracy! Now what do people who depend on daily hustle eat? You'll beat them for going out? I give up on Nigeria!

Edited

And what makes you think a lockdown will end all this? Look at Italy, Spain, USA, Italy has been on lockdown for a month, and the government wants to extend it even more by 2 weeks, USA have been on lockdown for 2 weeks, the rate of new cases still doubled.

People say after all it worked in China, China that built 2 massive hospitals with over 1000 beds in 12 days? The commitment the government had to stop it was out of this world. Nigeria can't compare and we know it.

A lockdown only buys you time, time for what? To boost your healthcare system, USA is converting their Navy Ships to Mobile hospitals , disinfectant your environment and prepare for more sick people because people will still fall sick. The virus can survive on air for 3 solid hours! Your flat mate can still give it to you without ever coming in contact. That is why Italy is seeing very minor improvements and people are becoming impatient. Is Buhari committed to fix our healthcare? Is he ready to go the route developed countries are taking? Let's bet! This lockdown will only be extended more and more because it will reflect almost nothing except we make a drastic improvements to our healthcare and hygen etc.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by alphaNomega: 10:12am On Mar 30, 2020
Useless mods, check my sigggy

3 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by otiwisdom: 10:12am On Mar 30, 2020
No matter the news people must complain

6 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Annie001: 10:12am On Mar 30, 2020
With which money
Are this people serious about not giving us money?
Chai
Whatever I do, I pray never to make the mistake of raising my kids here

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Dominionflora: 10:12am On Mar 30, 2020
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by qanda: 10:12am On Mar 30, 2020
Stay Safe.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Martinola(m): 10:12am On Mar 30, 2020
Oh God
I have never envisaged getting stuck in a horror movie, but it's getting real.
I already bought food stuffs with the little i av, but it won't even last for a month.
Something hav to apen in April oo, else.....
Serious wahala go dey.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 30, 2020
na wa

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 30, 2020
With the money you give them abi?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by TallPck1(m): 10:13am On Mar 30, 2020
With which money?

Have you paid your workers?

6 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by nsiba: 10:13am On Mar 30, 2020
When de asked government to shut down and confined every incoming passenger by force d idoits shouted they were prepared
Now is d common man you want to him to stay at home and eat what?
Lemme watch how 3days gonna be first

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by MYHUBBY: 10:13am On Mar 30, 2020
I need to commend Sanwoolu for his proactive against this epidemic global disaster but I can't hide the fact that these people don't know what average Nigerians are passing through, if they'd they won't be reiterating this do last shopping bla bla, stay indoors shit with no provision of life sustainability

my last 5k was debited at the POS without payment and I've to wait for 7 working days before it could be refunded according to that heartless Firstbank

so which money does someone like me or helpless Nigerians want to use to do last shopping. at this period, this is a sad time to be a Nigerians even when family members don't even know you exist, not to talk of assisting

just because of one man stupidity and inability to shut down the airport on time, 150m helpless Nigerians have to face such emotional trauma

it's sad to be a Nigerian this trying time

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by idonhammer: 10:13am On Mar 30, 2020
Lasgidi go red today, Biafra Land's economy keeps increasing indirectly.

7 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians: "Go And Do Your Last Minute Shopping Now" by Kokaine(m): 10:13am On Mar 30, 2020
Where is the money?

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Davido & Boity Fight At His Concert In Zimbabwe, Lady's Wig Pulled Off / Girl Protests Over IK Ogbonna's Colombian Wife / Cossy Orjiakor And Her Future Mother In-law Dance Zanku (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.