Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

COVID19: Pastor Who Said Coronavirus Is Just A ‘common Flu’ Is Arrested - Photos - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / COVID19: Pastor Who Said Coronavirus Is Just A ‘common Flu’ Is Arrested - Photos (786 Views)

Oyedepo: Coronavirus Is Mere Noise From Hell, It's Just Like Fever / Coronavirus Is Changing The Way Muslims Worship Across The World / Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID19: Pastor Who Said Coronavirus Is Just A ‘common Flu’ Is Arrested - Photos by VanEFCC: 10:06am On Mar 30, 2020
A Ugandan pastor who downplayed the deadly coronavirus and tagged it just a ‘common flu’ has been arrested for ‘uttering false information and spreading harmful propaganda.’

The controversial cleric identified as Augustine Yiga of Revival Church Kawaala in Rubaga division in Kampala, in a video that made the rounds on social media, doubted the existence of Coronavirus in Uganda.

In his words ;

This will be the best song you'd listen to today: Kayode - Sideguy - Click Here
“Whether Government imprisons me, I don’t care, but I am speaking the truth, there is no Coronavirus in Uganda. They say Rwanda has over 40 cases, how comes no one has passed on? Do they want to say Rwanda has better treatment than China and Italy?”

“The President said Uganda has 18 cases and that they’re responding to treatment, does he want to say Uganda has better treatment than Italy, China, and the US? Has Tanzania reported any deaths? Kenya reported one death but I think the victim died from other complications not Coronavirus. Coronavirus is this common flu and cold that Africans have grown up with.”

However, the Ugandan Police apprehended Pastor Yiga and while confirming the arrested on Sunday, said ;

The Pastor is suspected to have said, in a video recording branded by BBS TV, that the Covid-19 is not in Uganda. The video that went viral undermines government efforts in fighting the pandemic and exposes the public to dangers of laxity in observing the guidelines issued.”

“The action of Pastor Iga promotes the spread of the COVID 19 and can, therefore, be considered as a direct attack on the people of the Republic of Uganda.

“Therefore, the suspect, who is currently detained at Old Kampala Police Station will be interviewed to establish the motive behind the dangerous utterances”.

Source: https://www.pmldaily.com/news/2020/03/pastor-yiga-wanted-arrested-over-coronavirus-remarks.html

cc; lalasticlala

Re: COVID19: Pastor Who Said Coronavirus Is Just A ‘common Flu’ Is Arrested - Photos by VanEFCC: 10:07am On Mar 30, 2020
Nice one
Re: COVID19: Pastor Who Said Coronavirus Is Just A ‘common Flu’ Is Arrested - Photos by PapaBaby: 10:11am On Mar 30, 2020
In the same vein, arrest Tinubu for saying more money should be printed. Let the bullion van thief explain to police why he wants to turn Naira to ordinary paper. He's a saboteur.
Re: COVID19: Pastor Who Said Coronavirus Is Just A ‘common Flu’ Is Arrested - Photos by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:19am On Mar 30, 2020
Everybody must participate in the fearmongering
When Abba Kyari and then El Rufai claimed to test positive, I knew it's a new world govt agenda
Re: COVID19: Pastor Who Said Coronavirus Is Just A ‘common Flu’ Is Arrested - Photos by sapientia(m): 10:25am On Mar 30, 2020
That's what the head of marlian cult said too
Re: COVID19: Pastor Who Said Coronavirus Is Just A ‘common Flu’ Is Arrested - Photos by kuuljay(m): 10:31am On Mar 30, 2020
PapaBaby:
In the same vein, arrest Tinubu for saying more money should be printed. Let the bullion van thief explain to police why he wants to turn Naira to ordinary paper. He's a saboteur.
this obcession with tinubu how exactly has he ruined your life my brother,am sure he has never ruled your local govt or state govt or fed.govt.
Re: COVID19: Pastor Who Said Coronavirus Is Just A ‘common Flu’ Is Arrested - Photos by ivolt: 10:36am On Mar 30, 2020
Apostle Suleman Otobo should have been treated the same way.
Re: COVID19: Pastor Who Said Coronavirus Is Just A ‘common Flu’ Is Arrested - Photos by HMarshal(m): 11:21am On Mar 30, 2020
VanEFCC:
A Ugandan pastor who downplayed the deadly coronavirus and tagged it just a ‘common flu’ has been arrested for ‘uttering false information and spreading harmful propaganda.’

The controversial cleric identified as Augustine Yiga of Revival Church Kawaala in Rubaga division in Kampala, in a video that made the rounds on social media, doubted the existence of Coronavirus in Uganda.

In his words ;

This will be the best song you'd listen to today: Kayode - Sideguy - Click Here
“Whether Government imprisons me, I don’t care, but I am speaking the truth, there is no Coronavirus in Uganda. They say Rwanda has over 40 cases, how comes no one has passed on? Do they want to say Rwanda has better treatment than China and Italy?”

“The President said Uganda has 18 cases and that they’re responding to treatment, does he want to say Uganda has better treatment than Italy, China, and the US? Has Tanzania reported any deaths? Kenya reported one death but I think the victim died from other complications not Coronavirus. Coronavirus is this common flu and cold that Africans have grown up with.”

However, the Ugandan Police apprehended Pastor Yiga and while confirming the arrested on Sunday, said ;

The Pastor is suspected to have said, in a video recording branded by BBS TV, that the Covid-19 is not in Uganda. The video that went viral undermines government efforts in fighting the pandemic and exposes the public to dangers of laxity in observing the guidelines issued.”

“The action of Pastor Iga promotes the spread of the COVID 19 and can, therefore, be considered as a direct attack on the people of the Republic of Uganda.

“Therefore, the suspect, who is currently detained at Old Kampala Police Station will be interviewed to establish the motive behind the dangerous utterances”.

Source: https://www.pmldaily.com/news/2020/03/pastor-yiga-wanted-arrested-over-coronavirus-remarks.html

cc; lalasticlala

There r many who belong to his school of tot
Re: COVID19: Pastor Who Said Coronavirus Is Just A ‘common Flu’ Is Arrested - Photos by kingxsamz(m): 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
Remaining Apostle Suleiman.

(1) (Reply)

Christ, Not Trump, Is The Solid Rock On Which We Stand / LIVE: Tongues Of Fire For The Nation - Pst Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo, Selman... / Let’s Talk!! Is Bishop David Oyedepo A Real Man Of God Or A Businessman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.