Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience (43170 Views)

Digital Spraying Of Naira: How To Digitally Spray Naira At Nigeria Wedding, Bur / Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) / Complete Nigeria Wedding Planning Guide + FREE Checklist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Enzio(m): 8:18am On Apr 01, 2020
While dancing I did a full split and my trousers tore wide open I had to go out to change to the trousers my bestman was wearing to finish the reception and he was a short guy. grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Toluprazzy: 8:19am On Apr 01, 2020
Sayfact:
It's my own wedding, my girlfriend got pregnant for me and her parent insisted we must do traditional and registry without wasting time, they put pressure on me and I proceeded with the wedding plans despite my parents and blood bro and sis were against it, telling me to relax and do the wedding after She gave birth.

Here is the drama : I told my girlfriend parent that I only have money for traditional marriage and not registry, cus right from time, I don't like it so I make sure I didn't bargain the bride list, i provided everything on the marriage list . Her parent insisted we must go to registry, I also insisted that I don't have any kobo to take to registry , her parent later said they will take care of registry expenses, after my well wishers and parent arrived my brides town of 8 hours drive, we all went to registry together with my brides parent, my brides fada was even telling me in the morning that they have settled everything about the rigjstry, all we need is to get there and sign and take pictures. We got there and the registry Officials called me out and asked me for registration money, I said it had been settled by my brides parent, then they said my brides parent didn't pay any fee that they said I'm the one to pay when I arrive ,I got annoyed, told my people to let us leave and go back to our state that I'm not interested in the wedding anymore, my bro offered to pay the 20k but i stopped him cus my bride's parents played fool on me even after my wife sent 5k to her mom as tip to give to the registry Officials for them to come to our traditional wedding venue in case my people didn't arrive on time that may hinder us to meet up with the registry time, I later leave the registry with a bike to the hotel where I lodged, my people later came to beg me to come and proceed with the traditional marriage, till today, I haven't called my brides parent and I no dey pick their call, my wife elder sis called to beg me after the wedding, telling my they know their parent were at fault that I should overlooked it, she said they have later settled the registry fee that anytime me and my wife have time, we should embark on another 8 hours drive to go collect marriage certificate, I declined straight and warned my wife never to mention registry to my ear again, she has missed the first opportunity she have

And this sick post has 5 likes.
Mstchew...you dont like registry abi wetin this one dey talk? But you fit give woman belle... be responsible please . They shouldn't even have to beg you to do that. This is what I tell my sisters. Not all of us as men are ready for commitment. If the babe never get belle you no go dey carry shoulder. And they still call u and u dont pick. C'mon man!

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Collins4u1(m): 8:19am On Apr 01, 2020
kunletexs:

This coming from a lady. Wow! I thought your gender always it loud.

Can we as in get to know each other. Comment with your response

Awear, this one get small sense.

My friends told me she prefers big weeding to a house. I off
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by fatymore(f): 8:22am On Apr 01, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

Me wey b say na Lucky Dube song (Am a prisoner) a dey listen to nowgrin

Tho the stay at home ish is not having any effect on me personally. Either we re to stay at home or not, am always and most of the tyms on a spot...MY STORE grin

But financially hmmmm, the comodity am based on dropped in price drastically while others are skyrocketing in price. Did i even say i bought pure water @ rate of #20per sachet yesterday.

But why u dey use one eye look me na??

Na for romance section you dey sleep now.

The stay at home is financially draining I swear
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by bigcee(m): 8:44am On Apr 01, 2020
Enzio:
While dancing I did a full split and my trousers tore wide open I had to go out to change to the trousers my bestman was wearing to finish the reception and he was a short guy. grin
grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by PrincessJr(f): 8:45am On Apr 01, 2020
yvesboss:

The stuff happens a lot these days

Last year I went for a friend’s wedding and there I met a young chap who introduced himself as a brother to the groom
Dude gisted me of how he had been around the previous night and all, he was even helping dem share drinks and I remember telling this guy to beware that not everyone at the party came with the right motive that some people had crashed the wedding just to steal

Guess what, this guy was actually a wedding crasher and left there with nothing less than four phones that day while posing as the groom’s brother
wonders shall never end! That was some serious sh!!t

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by OlawaleBammie: 8:55am On Apr 01, 2020
fatymore:

Na for romance section you dey sleep now.

Lol, so na wetin make u dey look me with one eye b dis?

Romance section is d most comic section here na, drama everyday. That is where i find solace wen am down cus i know one or two person(s) wil make an absurd post or coment(s) grin
Or do u have any different with d section??

The stay at home is financially draining I swear
Majorly for those who works in d city, i know u guys will feel the heat more than us here.

At least in my hood, people are stil goin about with their normal daily activities, even as am typin people are in d market cus today is d market day.
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by peropoliet(m): 8:55am On Apr 01, 2020
yvesboss:
Momma almost slapped me on my engagement day while i was on the high table in front of the audience

Or some guy that almost robbed me of the monetary gifts I kept in my jacket while dancing with my bride. Dance floor was rowdy, peeps dancing with the couple. Dude came near me whom I had thought wanted to dance only to deep his hand in my inner breast pocket and draw out the envelop
Omo my response was faster than flash before I could say jack the guy disappeared into the thin air
your mama and mine is almost the same

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by fatymore(f): 9:00am On Apr 01, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

Lol, so na wetin make u dey look me with one eye b dis?

Romance section is d most comic section here na, drama everyday. That is where i find solace wen am down cus i know one or two person(s) wil make an absurd post or coment(s) grin
Or do u have any different with d section??

Where are you?

Make I send police to your area...

Majorly for those who works in d city, i know u guys will feel the heat more than us here.

At least in my hood, people are stil goin about with their normal daily activities, even as am typin people are in d market cus today is d market day.
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Kingofpalmgroov: 9:28am On Apr 01, 2020
Is your wife from the South-South? Just asking for a friend.

Sayfact:
It's my own wedding, my girlfriend got pregnant for me and her parent insisted we must do traditional and registry without wasting time, they put pressure on me and I proceeded with the wedding plans despite my parents and blood bro and sis were against it, telling me to relax and do the wedding after She gave birth.

Here is the drama : I told my girlfriend parent that I only have money for traditional marriage and not registry, cus right from time, I don't like it so I make sure I didn't bargain the bride list, i provided everything on the marriage list . Her parent insisted we must go to registry, I also insisted that I don't have any kobo to take to registry , her parent later said they will take care of registry expenses, after my well wishers and parent arrived my brides town of 8 hours drive, we all went to registry together with my brides parent, my brides fada was even telling me in the morning that they have settled everything about the rigjstry, all we need is to get there and sign and take pictures. We got there and the registry Officials called me out and asked me for registration money, I said it had been settled by my brides parent, then they said my brides parent didn't pay any fee that they said I'm the one to pay when I arrive ,I got annoyed, told my people to let us leave and go back to our state that I'm not interested in the wedding anymore, my bro offered to pay the 20k but i stopped him cus my bride's parents played fool on me even after my wife sent 5k to her mom as tip to give to the registry Officials for them to come to our traditional wedding venue in case my people didn't arrive on time that may hinder us to meet up with the registry time, I later leave the registry with a bike to the hotel where I lodged, my people later came to beg me to come and proceed with the traditional marriage, till today, I haven't called my brides parent and I no dey pick their call, my wife elder sis called to beg me after the wedding, telling my they know their parent were at fault that I should overlooked it, she said they have later settled the registry fee that anytime me and my wife have time, we should embark on another 8 hours drive to go collect marriage certificate, I declined straight and warned my wife never to mention registry to my ear again, she has missed the first opportunity she have
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by yvesboss(m): 9:29am On Apr 01, 2020
peropoliet:
your mama and mine is almost the same

No nonsense Iron Lady

Love her so very much
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Kingofpalmgroov: 9:32am On Apr 01, 2020
Mrpsly247:

Won't entrust your kind with a single pin.. See the laxity wey u take dey talk lyk say u dey ryt

Bros it's just unfortunate, this can happen to anyone irrespective of how careful the person is
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by africaflozy(f): 9:36am On Apr 01, 2020
nnekaike:
E reach to vex,the only thing I payed close attention to was my cake,na me use my hand share am the way I want family people and Hubby tire sef.
I can't spend that plenti money on cake and go home empty handed.

Madam I hail o. I should have done that too grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 01, 2020
charles009:
Mine was crazy, you guys should forgive me i was young and exuberant.
Checked wify to be into a 5 star hotel with her bridesmaid, left with my team, got drunk and called an ex. I woke up around 9:30am.
I had over 200missed calls lol, I had to dash off like a man possessed.

Thank God everything went fine...
Can you just imagine? Slept with an ex on your wedding night? Who raised these kind of men?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Kingofpalmgroov: 9:59am On Apr 01, 2020
I don't understand you at all. So you mean going to registry is a must?

Toluprazzy:

Mstchew...you dont like registry abi wetin this one dey talk? But you fit give woman belle... be responsible please . They shouldn't even have to beg you to do that. This is what I tell my sisters. Not all of us as men are ready for commitment. If the babe never get belle you no go dey carry shoulder. And they still call u and u dont pick. C'mon man!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Candoit: 9:59am On Apr 01, 2020
Litigant:
October wedding, the bride created bridesmaid WhatsApp group since early August o, for us to choose style and all. She added the tailor too. The tailor was sending some complicated Beyonce styles , we all said noooo, please make a simple style, we sent simple and finer styles, this tailor refused, said the one she chose is what she will make . We should not worry, it will be fine... Sent tons and tons of measurements for us to do and send to her.

A day before wedding, we all went there early on friday, so that we can check out the dress and incase if there is any adjustments to do. We call tailor Taya, she didn't pick, waited for the tailor o in our hotel room, the bride called and called...for where She didn't pick, since morning

She came around 10pm. Rushed it with 2hefty bags...

So sorry I've been busy but the dresses are ready now, please if I call your name come for your dress.
Omo this woman remove dress and it was nothing close to the picture she sent, oversize, ugly, she hasn't even fixed the hands, just the body. She just made a gown with ugly flair without hand, same size for everyone, biiig grin grin

We all looked at ourselves in disbelief, wetin be this? shocked shocked
Don't worry the hand won't take long to fix, please everyone come and wear and let's see the adjustment to make . It's just to adjust and put the hand, it won't take long. She came alone o, no apprentice or someone to help her.

We all know say we don enter one chance, for God's sake the wedding is in few hours, and our dresses isn't ready yet? Since August?

Okay now lemme burst your bubble, she told the chief bridesmaid she would bring her dress in the morning for her, guess what? She never even cut am grin grin grin God is my witness I'm not making this up grin grin

Okay start the adjustment and fixing of hand, let's use the whole night to fix this..she said she will come first thing the next morning, that she need to rush home. Hmmmm gave us all the nonsense assurance.

We started calling this woman from 5am in the morning, the makeup artist came, did everyone makeup, no cloth to wear, chief bridesmaid don't even have any hope atall, nothing,
6am, 7am, 8am almost 9 before she rushed over, sweating, service starts 10:30.
The bride was ready, dressed and all, nobody to follow her, not one single soul, we were all tying wrapper, she started crying, deep tears, cursing the woman, she was hoping that atleast one person gown among us will be ready, so the person can follow her to church to help adjust her gown, veil and help with all the general help bestlady do give... no one was ready o.. makeup ready but nothing to wear. Omo this bride was saaaaaaadddd, we had to drag her out of the room before pesin go faint.
the bride's people were downstairs, waiting for her to come down because service go soon start.... iyawo where are you, we are late ooo come ooo

The tailor didn't even touch our dress, she brought out the chief bridesmaid material and was cutting and recutting

Omo this Tori long ooo

That tailor needs to be arrested and never permitted to work again.
U mean no gown at all at last?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Candoit: 10:05am On Apr 01, 2020
mhizv:

Nah.

Personally m a shy person,and I'd rather have just family and few friends around,and be comfortable. Than seeing people I don't know at all.

+Its a one day event people would still forget about the wedding day. It's life after the wedding that matters.

Oh well last time I explained this to my mum she gave me a death glare grin

Family people don't forget the wedding day.
Its a day you'd either be liked or hated for life. They would always refer to that day. Only friends and guests might forget

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Sayfact: 10:11am On Apr 01, 2020
Toluprazzy:

Nothing sick about my post, you're the sick one ,na your type they knee to propose to a lady in public for her to be your responsibility and when does giving woman belle becomes crime between two adult
If I am not responsible and not ready for commitment ,I wouldn't accept the pregnancy and proceed with the traditional wedding , well wishers wouldn't have transport themselves for about 16 hours drive to and fro to celebrate with me

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Ogadeeper(m): 10:17am On Apr 01, 2020
Mine was reali astonishing, starting from my introduction, on dat fatefut day it rained til nite. As if dat was not enof, on de wedding day proper, rains started again dat morning. Church could not start until 12:30pm, wic was done briefly, proceeding to de venue of reception, only to discover that de DJ was trapped in de rains, couldn't make it to the venue coz de rains never stopped til night time, generator couldn't power up, MC had to anchor without a mic and everyone was paranoid. Aldo, I give God de glory coz today, my marriage is heaven on earth.

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Space177: 10:18am On Apr 01, 2020
Soulmender:

You're a very bad friend

Somebody sincerely talk he story as he happen ,Una don begin judge am ..I tire for una oo

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 01, 2020
Kingofpalmgroov:

Bros it's just unfortunate, this can happen to anyone irrespective of how careful the person is
That a big fat lie.. It happens to a few select kind of people who for some reason people kinda seem to think are cute.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Candoit: 10:38am On Apr 01, 2020
So far the weddings I've been attending goes well, no drama like such.
Except for the last one which was held in my church. I guess they were low on budget and didnt want to rent a hall. So, immediately the church wedding was over they asked everybody including the couple to go outside so the decorators could arrange the church for a reception. That was strange to me as I haven't seen such. We had to wait outside for up to 40mins.
But my friend is married today. Done and dusted.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by COLDMIND(m): 10:38am On Apr 01, 2020
Very good way to advertise.
Lol!
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Onyekachi419(f): 10:43am On Apr 01, 2020
[
reubenobi:
Tell me why?
Food and drink will reach every one no ojoro
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Onyekachi419(f): 10:45am On Apr 01, 2020
Warmaterial:
ur name nko I mean d419 inside na d first red flag be dat
Hahahahahahahahaha 419 is just a number no reason am grin
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Chuknovski(m): 11:08am On Apr 01, 2020
grin
Imarnuel08:

Jeez mine too. DJ was rubbish!

I felt like slapping life outta him, imagine the guy playing Ras kimono songs, like say its a marlian party.. grin
Imarnuel08:

Jeez mine too. DJ was rubbish!

I felt like slapping life outta him, imagine the guy playing Ras kimono songs, like say its a marlian party..

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by sleit: 11:12am On Apr 01, 2020
Litigant:
October wedding, the bride created bridesmaid WhatsApp group since early August o, for us to choose style and all. She added the tailor too. The tailor was sending some complicated Beyonce styles , we all said noooo, please make a simple style, we sent simple and finer styles, this tailor refused, said the one she chose is what she will make . We should not worry, it will be fine... Sent tons and tons of measurements for us to do and send to her.

A day before wedding, we all went there early on friday, so that we can check out the dress and incase if there is any adjustments to do. We call tailor Taya, she didn't pick, waited for the tailor o in our hotel room, the bride called and called...for where She didn't pick, since morning

So sorry I've been busy but the dresses are ready now, please if I call your name come for your dress.
Omo this woman remove dress and it was nothing close to the picture she sent, oversize, ugly, she hasn't even fixed the hands, just the body. She just made a gown with ugly flair without hand, same size for everyone, biiig grin grin

Don't worry the hand won't take long to fix, please everyone come and wear and let's see the adjustment to make . It's just to adjust and put the hand, it won't take long. She came alone o, no apprentice or someone to help her.

We all know say we don enter one chance, for God's sake the wedding is in few hours, and our dresses isn't ready yet? Since August?

Okay now lemme burst your bubble, she told the chief bridesmaid she would bring her dress in the morning for her, guess what? She never even cut am grin grin grin God is my witness I'm not making this up grin grin

Okay start the adjustment and fixing of hand, let's use the whole night to fix this..she said she will come first thing the next morning, that she need to rush home. Hmmmm gave us all the nonsense assurance.

We started calling this woman from 5am in the morning, the makeup artist came, did everyone makeup, no cloth to wear, chief bridesmaid don't even have any hope atall, nothing,
The bride was ready, dressed and all, nobody to follow her, not one single soul, we were all tying wrapper, she started crying, deep tears, cursing the woman, she was hoping that atleast one person gown among us will be ready, so the person can follow her to church to help adjust her gown, veil and help with all the general help bestlady do give... no one was ready o.. makeup ready but nothing to wear. Omo this bride was saaaaaaadddd, we had to drag her out of the room before pesin go faint.
the bride's people were downstairs, waiting for her to come down because service go soon start.... iyawo where are you, we are late ooo come ooo

The tailor didn't even touch our dress, she brought out the chief bridesmaid material and was cutting and recutting

Omo this Tori long ooo

This is the height of it all. I'm having headache on behalf of the bride.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by Asquare84(m): 11:48am On Apr 01, 2020
My sister once gist me of a wedding she attended at otukpo, the groom I believe did not have much and want to form big boy only for him to make arrangements with one of his friend to get him a car for the wedding, good and fine the heavy car arrived and the bride and groom were on their way to Church when a call just came that OGA wan comot with car were you dey, omo na so the suppose owner of car discharge both the bride and groom on the road, removed all the design on the car and zoom off, na so both bride and groom have to climb okada to church. It was letter we realized that the car belong to senator David mark when he was the Senate president and his personal driver is forming big boy with oga car

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by mysticgal(f): 12:12pm On Apr 01, 2020
Continue na grin
Litigant:

Omo this Tori long ooo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by MrMacinterchi1: 12:26pm On Apr 01, 2020
domesifa:
As DJ, bride had informed me she wouldn't dance to any other kind of music except gospel. Groom was ok with anything current and popular. Couple entry: gospel music. Interludes: gospel music. Couple dance: gospel music

Groom signalled for a change to secular; guests cheered and jumped on the dance floor. Bride paused her steps; complained through her looks, groom and I ignored. She then made her disapproval visible, hoping that the guests would be in her support. No. She received jeers, backlashes, rants and abuses. Bride began to cry

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol... she's the only Jesus pikin nah lol
Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by MrMacinterchi1: 12:30pm On Apr 01, 2020
Chamber2000:
I did bestman for a friend and I was in my hotel room relaxing and didn't know wedding was about to start. When I was called and started hurrying, my zipper got spoilt.

I manage that one then to wear shoe I now found out I didn't pack my shoes from Lagos

Pastor said the couples can't March into church without the whole bridal train and groom caterpillar abi wetin dem dey call am.

I started lookin for where to buy shoes same time and I saw one local one. Paid and ran to church. My guy no fit talk na d wife want to use swear finish boyo life.

We now marched into church by 11am. The pastor had already got wind of me being the cause of the delay asked me to stand up. He tongue lashed me like a school boy. I just stood there fuming inside but I bottled it up.

After church service I was to take pictures with couples and the rest, I disappear again to go work on my zipper. When I came back reception has already started and the bride told me if I come near them she will so fight me.

I jejely carried the babe that I got as one of my aso ebi to my hotel.

Never you disrupt an evening newspaper wedding plans or wedding.

lol guy u no try o

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience by saucepan: 12:33pm On Apr 01, 2020
So, I had this hairdresser who was into rentals. In the process of renting, she revealed she was into catering; that she had a group of friends that they go out together to cook as a team(agoyin). Her price was 3k (mind you this was 17yrs ago) as against the 40k one sophisticated designer caterer asked for.

The Igbo sense in me quickly got to work, asked our gateman who was quite young to mobilize his friends to wear white shirt and black trousers and come as servers. Asked my sister in Lagos to rent buffet dishes ( this was quite new as at that time) and bring them to Abj, engaged the 3k caterer and felt good with myself.

Everything was going on well till night before, caterer did not show, came later to fry meat and left that she will return in the morning with her crew.

Fast forward to morning, 6am,7am, 8am no caterer. Sent people to get her but she still wouldn't come. She comes by to 9 and tells how she went for night vigil and on her return home her husband refused she will go out again ☹️.

Oya, leave story, just start cooking. Church event finishes, we get to the reception. See the display of beautiful silver dishes and servers in black and white on a well tended lawn, I was proud of myself for getting the best with shinkini money until someone came to return my house key. I then asked where he got it, he said my mum gave him since morning. Then was when alarm blew. Oya, quickly go and check if everything in the house was brought to the venue before the locked it. He returns later, says everything is here at the venue except for the food.

That caterer was not yet ready. So while we were all happy and gay, the buffet dishes were empty. Long story short, I cried a few tears before food finally arrived.

The irony is that, I had people making enquiry about the food, caterer, servers. To them it was a beautiful wedding but for me it was quite eventful. To make it worse was that I would have loved a very simple, low key, wedding but husband pipu no gree.

Today, I have 4 sons with the first in the university, so it is all well that ends well.

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Edo Bride Vs. Yoruba Bride : Who Did It Better??? / White Couple Celebrate Their Wedding Nigeria Style (photos) / Lovely Photos Of Pregnant Bridesmaids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.