Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Religion is confusing me. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion is confusing me. (2425 Views)

This Bible Verse Is Confusing Put Me Through / This Is Confusing Me / Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion is confusing me. by GuyWise101(m): 6:12pm On Mar 30, 2020
I am a young guy who once believed in God and loved the work of God but now some situations are drawing me to doubt the exitence of God.

If God is real why are there so many evil in the world? (satan?) is Satan that powerful that couldn't and havn't destroyed him since creation.

If God is real why is it that when we pray it will go unanswered (the bible says, even if we pray we can't change the mind of God that he works in his own time) so why then are we mandated again to pray all time according to same bible.

When someone die, we say it is God's plan, God to me looks like a dictator and not a father, he decides when to kill you without your consent even if you pray for more life it will go unanswered...

Religion and bible are confusing, I have change my view of life and have stopped decieving myself in the name of fasting and praying

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Religion is confusing me. by GuyWise101(m): 6:12pm On Mar 30, 2020
Convid19 is spreading rapidly in Nigeria the headquater of prayer warriors.

Imams and Pastors in Nigeria are uncountable yet the God we worship day and night are silent on our prayers to eradicate sickness, terrorist and corrupt politicians in our country.

If praying and worshiping is working Nigeria would have been better than USA cause we have done enough of it since the white man came...... lol

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Religion is confusing me. by coolcharm(m): 6:19pm On Mar 30, 2020
Egugun be careful na express you dey go..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion is confusing me. by Kingosytex(m): 6:28pm On Mar 30, 2020
GuyWise101:
I am a young guy who once believed in God and loved the work of God but now some situations are drawing me to doubt his exitence.

If God is real why are there so many evil in the world? (satan?) Is Satan that powerful that God couldn't and havn't destroyed him since creation.

If God is real why is it that when we pray it will go unanwsered? (the bible says, even if we pray we can't change the mind of God that he works in his own time.

What is Gods time; maybe when you have worked hard to achieve your dream).

When someone die, we say it is God's plan, God to me looks like a dictator and not a father, he decides when to kill you without your consent even when you pray for more life it will go unanswered.

Take a look at this...

King James Version
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Darby Bible Translation
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

World English Bible
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Young's Literal Translation
For high have the heavens been above the earth, So high have been My ways above your ways, And My thoughts above your thoughts.

God remains supreme. No matter what.
Re: Religion is confusing me. by bigiyaro(m): 6:41pm On Mar 30, 2020
OP, we are in the same shoes, but I have come to the conclusion that the so called God is not anywhere out there.from time immemorial, the world is too evil and vile to be created by any Man loving God/being anywhere. I Would have said that if a god created humans to just suffer and die, then what is the aim of creating man in the first place?? all in all, God is man made, he exist just in the imagination of man.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Religion is confusing me. by Lessonteacher(f): 6:53pm On Mar 30, 2020
it happens i'm having a similar thought this time around. the account of genesis of fall of man doesn't make sense. i believe there's a higher being, but not in the form world religions put it.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion is confusing me. by GuyWise101(m): 6:55pm On Mar 30, 2020
If God is real why are there so many evil in the world? (satan?) Is satan that powerful that coudn't and havn't destroy since creation.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion is confusing me. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
GuyWise101:

They heaped every evil on satan and exempt God, at the same time when a percieved righteous man die young then it God's plan for him.

Satan was there in creation, he was there when jesus came and he is here destroying souls according to religion, I think satan is indestructible and satan is BLACK.

So what do you want us to do for you now?
--Are you infected with Covid19 and need treatment?
--Show you how your prayer will get answer?
--Prove God existence?
Re: Religion is confusing me. by MJBOLT: 7:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
you are on your way to freedom,dont stop asking questions smiley

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion is confusing me. by GuyWise101(m): 7:30pm On Mar 30, 2020
They heaped every evil on satan and exempt God, at the same time when a percieved righteous man die young then they will say 'it's God's plan for him'

then I ask,

How will a merciful God kill someone in his young age and throw the family in a mourning state?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Religion is confusing me. by GuyWise101(m): 7:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
Religion doesn't make sense.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion is confusing me. by CAPSLOCKED: 7:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
MJBOLT:
you are on your way to freedom,dont stop asking questions smiley

DON'T STOP ASKING THE RIGHT PEOPLE. YOU'LL NOT LEARN ANYTHING BY ASKING THOSE WHO WOULD JUST SHUT YOU UP BY TELLING YOU "GOD DIT IT" OR SAY THAT YOU'LL GO TO HELL FOR ASKING THINGS.

QUESTION EVERYTHING!

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Religion is confusing me. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 30, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

DON'T STOP ASKING THE RIGHT PEOPLE.

Even if God does exists then he isn't what people describe him as

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Religion is confusing me. by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:55pm On Mar 30, 2020
GuyWise101:

They heaped every evil on satan and exempt God, at the same time when a percieved righteous man die young then it God's plan for him.

Satan was there in creation, he was there when jesus came and he is here destroying souls according to religion, I think satan is indestructible and satan is BLACK.
You claim to be wise yet you are foolish, Repent!! or risk roasting in Gods everlasting barbecue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion is confusing me. by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:58pm On Mar 30, 2020
Xavfra:

Who knows, the dude might just be some guy with super power that created humans simply because he can, but they are here killing themself.

2 Likes

Re: Religion is confusing me. by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

DON'T STOP ASKING THE RIGHT PEOPLE.
Sometimes you amaze me the way you write, but sometimes I'm like WTF
Re: Religion is confusing me. by hahn(m): 8:07pm On Mar 30, 2020
Kingosytex:

Take a look at this...

King James Version

Darby Bible Translation

World English Bible
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Young's Literal Translation
For high have the heavens been above the earth, So high have been My ways above your ways, And My thoughts above your thoughts.

God remains supreme. No matter what.

Isaiah 45:7 King James Bible
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion is confusing me. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 30, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Who knows, the dude might just be some guy with super power that created humans simply because he can, but they are here killing themself.

You can't to all this fake Christians ...
If you tell them they'll flame up......
Prove something they can't.....tell them it's contradicting they'll tell you it's a mystery.

7 Likes

Re: Religion is confusing me. by GuyWise101(m): 8:09pm On Mar 30, 2020
Satan was there in creation, he was there when jesus came and he is here destroying souls according to religion..

I think satan is indestructible.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion is confusing me. by Karlebolu(m): 8:21pm On Mar 30, 2020
grin grin grin

The cascade of questions we ask ourselves.

You are on the best part there is.

For recreational purposes, you could checkout darkmatter2525 on YouTube.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion is confusing me. by NaijadrivaCars: 8:26pm On Mar 30, 2020
And You say you wise?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion is confusing me. by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:26pm On Mar 30, 2020
GuyWise101:

Why can't he burn satan to ashes or is satan more powerful than god?
may the lord revealed it unto you, your wisdom is only foolishness.
Re: Religion is confusing me. by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:28pm On Mar 30, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
And You say you wise?
He even asked why God haven't destroy satan, can you please educate him, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Religion is confusing me. by GuyWise101(m): 8:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
[s]
GRIMMJOE:
may the lord revealed it unto you, your wisdom is only foolishness.
[/s]
Re: Religion is confusing me. by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:35pm On Mar 30, 2020
GuyWise101:

The truth will hurt you then set you free, pray to God and be healed, receive it !!!
Re: Religion is confusing me. by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:37pm On Mar 30, 2020
This is the time for you to accept Christ, because that room you're staying you will die there, accept and be saved, glory be to God.
Re: Religion is confusing me. by Vince77(m): 9:04pm On Mar 30, 2020
Xavfra:

Exactly my thoughts for a very long time now.

1 Like

Re: Religion is confusing me. by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
Habaaaaaa! How can I be privileged to come across such a beautiful "de-brainwashing thread" as this and not stamp my thumbprint on it with my most favourite cartoon? grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODetOE6cbbc

5 Likes

Re: Religion is confusing me. by GuyWise101(m): 9:39pm On Mar 30, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
The truth will hurt you then set you free, pray to God and be healed, receive it !!!
Guy biko dey ur dey, believe what you want I have choosen to believe what I feel is better for me to believe.
Re: Religion is confusing me. by lepasharon(f): 9:53pm On Mar 30, 2020
Lessonteacher:
it happens i'm having a similar thought this time around. the account of genesis of fall of man doesn't make sense. i believe there's a higher being, but not in the form world religions put it.
Re: Religion is confusing me. by lepasharon(f): 9:54pm On Mar 30, 2020
GuyWise101:

Satan was there in creation, he was there when jesus came and he is here destroying souls according to religion, I think satan is indestructible.

Seun lalasticlala mynd44

If satan/evil didn't exist, there would be no STORY.

Religion is a STORY.

7 Likes

Re: Religion is confusing me. by CAPSLOCKED: 10:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
Zoharariel:
Habaaaaaa! How can I be privileged to come across such a beautiful "de-brainwashing thread" as this and not stamp my thumbprint on it with my most favourite cartoon? grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODetOE6cbbc

FOR OUR NEW FRIENDS, YOU CAN ENTERTAIN YOURSELF WITH CLASSY CARTOONS FROM THIS YOUTUBE PAGE. THERE'S A LOT OF GREAT CONTENT FROM THIS DARKMATTER ACCOUNT. THE CLIP BELOW IS KING SOLOMON ENJOYING. cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zjjg7mmDN4

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Akin Adebayo A Celestial Or Of Apostolic Church? / Self-service - Is It A Sin According To The Bible? / Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.