Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,335 members, 7,780,878 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:50 AM

Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? (64661 Views)

NAF Jet Evacuating 350 Nigerians Leaves Egypt For Abuja / Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria / Coronavirus: Evacuating Nigerians In Wuhan, China, The Facts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by HigherEd: 8:10pm On Mar 31, 2020
Fhg
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Grace001: 8:10pm On Mar 31, 2020
Because our isolation centers here in Nigeria is not up to standard, should in case their citizen contract the virus they can’t let their citizens stay in such a messed up place.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Anotii(m): 8:10pm On Mar 31, 2020
Its simple,they have better health centers
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by SctDonald(m): 8:11pm On Mar 31, 2020
A country where humans life is valued.., unlike mine where cow life is more valued..

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by sapientia(m): 8:11pm On Mar 31, 2020
They don't want to be caught up with what will happen in Nigeria.

By the time it starts if the vaccine for this covid 19 is not found, there might not be anyone at the airport.

Shit is scary and Nigerians are playing with it more than the Italians did.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Horbar1: 8:11pm On Mar 31, 2020
Honestly I wonder why ? Is there anything they know that we don't know ?

God help us the masses.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by NwaNimo1(m): 8:11pm On Mar 31, 2020
iykbethany:
I'm worried at the rate at which western countries are evaluating their citizens from Nigeria.

Last week France evacuated her citizens from Nigeria.

Yesterday Israel evacuated their citizens.

The same yesterday a chartered flight arrived to Evacuate American citizens out of Nigeria?

Germany is planning to evacuate all of her citizens out of Nigeria within the next few days.

You may call me alarmist if you like but I suspect that these western countries must have seen that there's a great danger ahead. They know that we can't handle what's coming. If this virus gets to the rural areas it's gonna be a TSUNAMI. May God help us

Because they have seen buhari's response.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Patrioticman007(m): 8:11pm On Mar 31, 2020
What
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by nextstep(m): 8:11pm On Mar 31, 2020
Because when people get sick in France, Israel, US, etc, there's hope for well-equipped hospitals, electricity, and infrastructure to increase the chances of living. If a person gets sick in Nigeria... well, that person would be greeted with no light, no medicine, no ventilators, etc.

Seriously, who in their right minds would want their citizens to just kpeme in Nigeria, when you can vastly increase their chances of survival, even if the country in question also has the same disease?
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by koffsman(m): 8:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
Amen oo. It's annoying they created a virus now it's out of control they can't tame it, they shouldn't just use Africans as the pawn in their games na same blood dey flow through our veins oooo make dem no use us do Lab rat or test subject.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by nero2face: 8:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
any reasonable country will evacuate her citizens from Nigeria over Covid-19, when APC led govt has decided to play politics with the pandemic, failing to shut borders when it was still safer bcuz of "one special daughter"... today the whole country is messed up, they don't even tell us truth about the carriers, we don't know the status of our only Mr President...

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
slimthugchimee2:
Its happening in other countries oh, they are evacuating their citizens who want to come back because of the border lockdowns

Leave them. Lots of Nigerians hardly read or watch the news or go to sites like youtube to see what's happening around the world. They rather focus on Africa magic and netflix. Nonsense. Evacuating your citizens back to your country is a normal thing done by nations in situations like this. There is nothing new here.

We all should stop being alarmists.

7 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by golddare: 8:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
iykbethany:
I'm worried at the rate at which western countries are evaluating their citizens from Nigeria.

Last week France evacuated her citizens from Nigeria.

Yesterday Israel evacuated their citizens.

The same yesterday a chartered flight arrived to Evacuate American citizens out of Nigeria?

Germany is planning to evacuate all of her citizens out of Nigeria within the next few days.

You may call me alarmist if you like but I suspect that these western countries must have seen that there's a great danger ahead. They know that we can't handle what's coming. If this virus gets to the rural areas it's gonna be a TSUNAMI. May God help us

Maybe there is something they know that we dont know or our leaders ain't telling us. This is the time that God will proof to everyone that we are not just religious but a true worshipper. I am so confident that nobody serves God in vain.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by ProtectMyMoney: 8:13pm On Mar 31, 2020
I looked out my window this afternoon and i saw a plane taking off ....seems some people have been granted flying permission.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by faceland: 8:13pm On Mar 31, 2020
Bye Felicia
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by GboyegaD(m): 8:14pm On Mar 31, 2020
It is obvious we are not serious about fighting the pandemic. A country where only the connected and high and mighty gets tested; a country where the health minister said it is no nog deal we don't have sufficient ventilators etc.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by meum: 8:14pm On Mar 31, 2020
For obvious reasons.

Did Nigerian govt. evacuate Nigerians from high risk countries? If they didn't then they didn't care enough to do so.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by gambia(m): 8:14pm On Mar 31, 2020
I suspected they must have heard some intelligence report on the corona virus spread in Nigeria and we all knows our health system is zero, so best thing for them is to run.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by MadeMan01(m): 8:14pm On Mar 31, 2020
Because they don't trust the Nigeria government to be on top of the situation
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by sunnyeinstein(m): 8:14pm On Mar 31, 2020
slimthugchimee2:
Its happening in other countries oh, they are evacuating their citizens who want to come back because of the border lockdowns

Don't mind him. Alarmist.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by erai30(m): 8:14pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ever since I visited Nigeria I have fallen deep in love with this country, I love NEPA, the police and politicians. I choose not to go back to America, the flight should leave without me..... As I wake up na dream! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by nextstep(m): 8:14pm On Mar 31, 2020
golddare:

Maybe there is something they know that we dont know or our leaders ain't telling us. This is the time that God will proof to everyone that we are not just religious but a true worshipper. I am so confident that nobody serves God in vain.

Haha... is it the same God that created viruses that kill all kinds of animals including humans mercilessly? I mean... is coronavirus a particularly prayerful one? It must serve a living god for it to wreak such havoc and lay waste to "its enemies" grin
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by xcelentattitude(m): 8:14pm On Mar 31, 2020
The truth is that we're one hell of a lucky country.

Other countries usually see disaster coming for us, but it doesn't always happen, not because it's not supposed to but because of the GOD factor.

We're actually going to come out of this, you know, not because of the president or NCDC but because of God.

However, if you don't believe this you can argue with your keyboard all you want.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by sunnyeinstein(m): 8:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
BrutusOj:
Them no trust our hospitals na. When it's rumored that our own president and his chief of staff ran to Cuba and have been going on medical tourism abroad what do you expect? They like our oil money, but run away when virus land here cheesy

You go like fake news sha! cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by mployer(m): 8:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
Horbar1:
Honestly I wonder why ? Is there anything they know that we don't know ?

God help us the masses.

They are evacuating their citizens from all over the world. Not just Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Pwettyella(f): 8:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
[quote author=Faithful007 post=87944654]Its happening in all countries as well check social media pages of us embassy in all other countries. there is nothing special going on with Nigeria. They just want to take those that wish to return but cannot due to lockdown.[/quotne]
God bless u
Pls educate them
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Thegoodone13(m): 8:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
The best thing is to shut down the whole country for 21days. African can't handle corona virus. Please, our president should give order now to save 40million of people that may contact this virus in Nigeria according to Bill gate.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by xcelentattitude(m): 8:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
nextstep:

Haha... the same God created viruses that kill all kinds of animals including humans mercilessly. I mean... is coronavirus a particularly prayerful one? I mean it must serve a living god for it to wreak such havoc and lay waste to "its enemies" grin

Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by sfx9ja(m): 8:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
My ppl. E don red abeg. Common garri Na problem now. No amount is too small. God bless you as you help out. 0018700499 access bank.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by bluefilm: 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
They should go so that the remaining chloroquine go reach us
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by LivingSage: 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
They should carry their Corona infected citizens out of our dear Nation
Re: Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? by Havertz(m): 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
God help oooh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai / A Policeman Hanging On A Danfo Bus! What I Saw On A Lagos Expressway Today / Man Mourns Girlfriend Who Died In An Accident 11 Days After Arriving Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.