Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,833 members, 7,802,668 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG (48291 Views)

Lagos Government Begins House-to-house Sharing Of Stimulus Package To The Aged / Lockdown: Ogun Unveils Stimulus Package Items, To Begin Distribution Saturday / LASG Has Confirmed The Distribution Of Stimulus Packages. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Advancedman(m): 10:37am On Mar 31, 2020
Ajibel:
PRESS RELEASE

Lagos State Government has confirmed that the SMS messages forwarded to residents of the State who are sixty years old and above was part of the measures put in place to reach the aged and vulnerable residents for whom the stimulus food package unveiled by the State Government on Friday 27th March, 2020 is meant for.

The stimulus, which comes in packs of raw food items, to be distributed to every local government in the State is aimed at cushioning the effects of the fourteen days lockdown directive by the State and Federal Governments.

The State Commissioner for Agriculture, Prince Gbolahan Lawal, who made the clarification in Lagos today explained that an SMS from the Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA) has been sent out to the aged asking them to reply with a “YES”, “FOOD YES” or “SWITCH YES” if their registered home address with the Agency is still valid.

Lawal noted that the Ministry of Agriculture was collaborating with the Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA) in order to be able to reach the targeted audience as well as ensure fairness and evenness in the distribution of the stimulus packages, just as he stressed the importance of each Lagos resident registering with the Agency in order to assess social benefits like this in the future.

The Commissioner therefore urged those concerned to quickly respond to the SMS stressing that they have till midday 12:00pm of Tuesday, March 31st 2020 as that is cut off period.

He reiterated that as soon as all responses are collated, beneficiaries will start receiving their stimulus emergency food package from the State Government.

https://twitter.com/lagosagric1/status/1244657249420804096

Good but you rather bury the young?
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Galaticos444: 10:40am On Mar 31, 2020
Dominionflora:
Where is Buhari

Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Kay25(m): 10:53am On Mar 31, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
I thought it was a scam message, but then I wondered how a scammer would have gotten my full name and address correctly
so u r 60 and nairnalanding?�
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by farem: 10:54am On Mar 31, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
I thought it was a scam message, but then I wondered how a scammer would have gotten my full name and address correctly

Are you that aged to have received such a sms?

Ẹ kaaro, grandpa!
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by golddare: 11:08am On Mar 31, 2020
helinues:
Egungun don dey go express...

Hahahah

Bad guy. Be careful o
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Munzy14(m): 11:15am On Mar 31, 2020
nazablossom:
Some of the workers will still loot the free food grin
I swear.
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Munzy14(m): 11:16am On Mar 31, 2020
uglodoh:

At the end of the day, the foods go to aged party members. Is there any database for aged parents in Lagos?
for where.
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by DaCharis2016: 11:21am On Mar 31, 2020
So it's only the aged 60 qualifies for this? Nonsense for the under-aged.
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:21am On Mar 31, 2020
9jaRealist:

So you want government to just go collect Alabukun medicine and distribute to elders, regardless of whether they have prescriptions or not...smh
>

What gives you the impression that the food stuff the government is distributing to them is the kind of food all the aged people within that age bracket in Lagos eat? Don't be myopic!
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by SirBunky85(m): 11:24am On Mar 31, 2020
Ajibel:
PRESS RELEASE

Lagos State Government has confirmed that the SMS messages forwarded to residents of the State who are sixty years old and above was part of the measures put in place to reach the aged and vulnerable residents for whom the stimulus food package unveiled by the State Government on Friday 27th March, 2020 is meant for.

The stimulus, which comes in packs of raw food items, to be distributed to every local government in the State is aimed at cushioning the effects of the fourteen days lockdown directive by the State and Federal Governments.

The State Commissioner for Agriculture, Prince Gbolahan Lawal, who made the clarification in Lagos today explained that an SMS from the Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA) has been sent out to the aged asking them to reply with a “YES”, “FOOD YES” or “SWITCH YES” if their registered home address with the Agency is still valid.

Lawal noted that the Ministry of Agriculture was collaborating with the Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA) in order to be able to reach the targeted audience as well as ensure fairness and evenness in the distribution of the stimulus packages, just as he stressed the importance of each Lagos resident registering with the Agency in order to assess social benefits like this in the future.

The Commissioner therefore urged those concerned to quickly respond to the SMS stressing that they have till midday 12:00pm of Tuesday, March 31st 2020 as that is cut off period.

He reiterated that as soon as all responses are collated, beneficiaries will start receiving their stimulus emergency food package from the State Government.

https://twitter.com/lagosagric1/status/1244657249420804096
U Won't get to experience such in Abia state where the dumb governor is just a figure head
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by sexiestharam(f): 11:24am On Mar 31, 2020
[quote author=maasoap post=87948176]
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by sexiestharam(f): 11:25am On Mar 31, 2020
jaxxy:

Did the elderly above 60 tell them they are hungry or not cared for or vulnerable?

They keep doing all these stupid things. Without proper research or strategy. Nonesense as usual
Don't mind them.Where is the data of Lagosians that are over 60? How would they be shared?
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by sexiestharam(f): 11:27am On Mar 31, 2020
Femich18:

How did you know they are gonna queue to get the package?
You guys just sit in a corner and say anything. You should have find out how the distribution gonna be before you say something about it
Mr intelligent, please explain to us how it would be shared. Thank you.
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by microfixsynergy(m): 11:36am On Mar 31, 2020
Good day all, pls I need an assistance from u people to survive this stay at home policy from the government, no cash with me, no food at home and don't even know how to survive d next 24 to 48 hours from now. Please assist if u can, God bless you.

Acct details:
GTBank
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Myway20: 11:42am On Mar 31, 2020
sexiestharam:

They just said they were using lassra database and they should confirm their addresses now. So I guess they r taking it to the homes
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 31, 2020
helinues:
Egungun don dey go express...

Hahahah

Egungun on the side-walk

Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Kaynnedy(m): 11:49am On Mar 31, 2020
Please help a stranded brother. 1k for transport to my only surviving grandmother house at least she has food. I dont want to die of hunger here.

GTBank 003 901 7166

1 Like

Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by sexiestharam(f): 11:50am On Mar 31, 2020
Myway20:

They just said they were using lassra database and they should confirm their addresses now. So I guess they r taking it to the homes
You guess. You don't know. Abeg leave me.
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by 9jaRealist: 11:54am On Mar 31, 2020
Ghostmode2two:
What gives you the impression that the food stuff the government is distributing to them is the kind of food all the aged people within that age bracket in Lagos eat? Don't be myopic!

Let’s, just for the sake of argument, suppose it is not...
So you want them to give them the “wrong” medicine to go with the wrong food?! shocked

Medicine is not fungible as food. If they don’t like/want the food, they can always give it to the rest of the family or friends, but not so with medication. While I realize that many of you folks simply get your medicine from the local ‘Patent Medicine Store’ and hope for the best, there’s a reason that doctors’ prescriptions are mandatory for most medication. Next, you folks will start blaming “village people”. SMH
>
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Ajibel(m): 11:57am On Mar 31, 2020
okomile:
My mother is 86 and lives in Shogunle
If it gets to her, I will create a thread for it

Just find it difficult to believe politicians

Is she registered with LASRRA?
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Ajibel(m): 11:59am On Mar 31, 2020
anonimi:

Why do you think I am not a Lagosian
Because I factually criticise your JagaBandit consistently?
Get a grip on yourself bro.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10403239_1037000020191010185832jpeg6fb8a2f2e9bc057c5a6666b4c2854a9c_jpeg373f54eea5751b32e52962e1e7a9fc65

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2080663_olee_jpeg50ac2c9e26795655ae17af1287062b25

Will you shut up anonimi. You're very notorious around here for posting trash on any Lagos related threads. You're just as annoying as musiwa. You never see anything good with any policy they come up with. I wonder how much joy or orgasm you get from all these tinubu's pictures you always use to spam any Lagos related thread.
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Ajibel(m): 12:03pm On Mar 31, 2020
uglodoh:

At the end of the day, the foods go to aged party members. Is there any database for aged parents in Lagos?

Yes there is.
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Ajibel(m): 12:05pm On Mar 31, 2020
jaxxy:

Did the elderly above 60 tell them they are hungry or not cared for or vulnerable?

They keep doing all these stupid things. [b]Without proper research or strategy. [/b]Nonesense as usual

How do you come up with such claim that they did no research?

Abi you just want to criticise the government because it makes you feel better?
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:05pm On Mar 31, 2020
9jaRealist:

Let’s, just for the sake of argument, suppose it is not...
So you want them to give them the “wrong” medicine to go with the wrong food?! shocked

Medicine is not fungible as food. If they don’t like/want the food, they can always give it to the rest of the family or friends, but not so with medication. While I realize that many of you folks simply get your medicine from the local ‘Patent Medicine Store’ and hope for the best there’s a reason that doctors’ prescriptions are mandatory for most medication. Next, you folks will start blaming “village people”. SMH
>

Did I mention alabukun or what?
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by emonis88: 12:07pm On Mar 31, 2020
Nigerian leaders il politisize everything. So only those with LASSRA r the only inhabitants of Lagos. Haha haha. I laugh in Swahili. This people r d true virus Nigeria is suffering from.
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Ajibel(m): 12:07pm On Mar 31, 2020
Femich18:

How did you know they are gonna queue to get the package?
You guys just sit in a corner and say anything. You should have find out how the distribution gonna be before you say something about it

They go to their homes to deliver it

Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by jaxxy(m): 12:08pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ajibel:

How do you come up with such claim that they did no research?

Abi you just want to criticise the government because it makes you feel better?

I have nothing against the government that’s why I can talk. Which old people above 60 have they made prior contact with and how do they come about the Age range as the most vulnerable?

People who can’t handle criticism are bound to make many mistakes and repeated ones also.
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Ajibel(m): 12:09pm On Mar 31, 2020
sexiestharam:

You guess. You don't know. Abeg leave me.

It's being taken to their homes ma.
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Ajibel(m): 12:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
jaxxy:

I have nothing against the government that’s why I can talk. Which old people above 60 have they made prior contact with and how do they come about the Age range as the most vulnerable?

People who can’t handle criticism are bound to make many mistakes and repeated ones also.

The government have their facts. The essence of LASRRA is to help them in planning in cases like this, and they've been on this for some days now because it's a multi sectorial initiative started by the lagos state ministry of agriculture. This method is one of the ways the government is using to reach out to the aged. They know these ones can't move out so they sent them messages to confirm if they are still living where they claimed they were during registration and once it's confirmed, they go to their homes to deliver it to them instead of making them come out.

Please sir, doesn't this make any sense to you?
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by anonimi: 12:19pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ajibel:
Will you shut up anonimi. You're very notorious around here for posting trash on any Lagos related threads. You're just as annoying as musiwa. You never see anything good with any policy they come up with. I wonder how much joy or orgasm you get from all these tinubu's pictures you always use to spam any Lagos related thread.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3398240_img20160212wa015edit1_jpeg78a4a2cd4a98323a716fa10f93c86cfd

1 Like

Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Femich18(m): 12:19pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ajibel:

They go to their homes to deliver it

Exactly. I was just referring to that person up there to find out
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Femich18(m): 12:21pm On Mar 31, 2020
sexiestharam:

Next time you don't just talk for talking sake.

Anyway they go to their houses to deliver the package. They have started in some local govt and I know of 2 beneficiaries

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osita Chidoka Meets With Peter Obi As Atiku Seeks Deeper Engagement With LP(Pix) / Oyo State Governor Makinde Welcomes Peter Obi With Smiles (2021 Throwback Photo) / New Traps Set For Emir Sanusi By Kano State Council Of Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.