Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG (48306 Views)

Lagos Government Begins House-to-house Sharing Of Stimulus Package To The Aged / Lockdown: Ogun Unveils Stimulus Package Items, To Begin Distribution Saturday / LASG Has Confirmed The Distribution Of Stimulus Packages. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by pasol4real(m): 12:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
VillagePipu:

Look at this one. Ikpeazu is giving your parents in Abia sanitizer to drink and you're here talking nonsense.

You Igbos are here insulting Lagos while there is no hope for your parents back home. Imagine an entire region beefing Ebonyi because they sited the test centre in Abakaliki.
N how many stimulus have your corona infested governors in oyo n ekiti given to his ppl
I just pity those lazy modafoking residents of those afonja states
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by VillagePipu: 12:27pm On Mar 31, 2020
pasol4real:

N how many stimulus have your corona infested governors in oyo n ekiti given to his ppl
I just pity those lazy modafoking residents of those afonja states

Pity your backwards states where your parents are drinking kerosene. Wawa osu Jew

1 Like

Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by jaxxy(m): 12:28pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ajibel:

The government have their facts. The essence of LASRRA is to help them in planning in cases like this, and they've been on this for some days now because it's a multi sectorial initiative started by the lagos state ministry of agriculture. This method is one of the ways the government is using to reach out to the aged. They know these ones can't move out so they sent them messages to confirm if they are still living where they claimed they were during registration and once it's confirmed, they go to their homes to deliver it to them instead of making them come out.

Please sir, doesn't this make any sense to you?

Ok that’s very fine bt age 60 aren’t the only vulnerable ones however. There are families of younger parents below who are not capable and can’t take care of their kids as well. This is why I said a survey or better strategy cud be adopted.
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Ajibel(m): 12:39pm On Mar 31, 2020
jaxxy:

Ok that’s very fine bt age 60 aren’t the only vulnerable ones however. There are families of younger parents below who are not capable and can’t take care of their kids as well. This is why I said a survey or better strategy cud be adopted.

It's not as if their plans are all foolproof. They've covered only 6 LGAs as of today and they're also welcoming suggestions from Lagosians. If you know the relevant twitter handles, you can make suggestions to them and they may respond/ acknowledge it.

Truth here is this, not everyone we expect will get it whether old or young or incapable will get it.

Already news have it that some party chairmen in some localities are taking these packages for their party members only. So there'll always be some irregularities, it can't be perfect but we can only hope it at least serves the greater number/good.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by jham01: 12:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
Dominionflora:
Where is Buhari
FG has supported Lagos state govt with lots of money to contain the situation bt u're still asking where is Buhari.
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by jaxxy(m): 12:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ajibel:

It's not as if their plans are all foolproof. They've covered only 6 LGAs as of today and they're also welcoming suggestions from Lagosians. If you know the relevant twitter handles, you can make suggestions to them and they may respond/ acknowledge it.

Truth here is this, not everyone we expect will get it whether old or young or incapable will get it.

Already news have it that some party chairmen in some localities are taking these packages for their party members only. So there'll always be some irregularities, it can't be perfect but we can only hope it at least serves the greater number/good.

Ok I appreciate ur response. Thx
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by delpee(f): 1:08pm On Mar 31, 2020
Etifinity:
I doubt much people @60 years and above had the time for LASRRA process, so this is just a way to get praise, while the real population affected is left at blind spot.

Many did cos they had the time unlike those in full time employment.
They have to start with any available database. LASRRA came in handy. Those who like me pussy footed over it then shouldn't complain. (I tried to register once though.) This will probably create opportunities for more research and better strategies next time.

BRF explained then that it's to provide a database that will make planning easier for the State Govt. Let's all (Lagos residents) key into it after the lockdown. It may provide a glimpse into unemployment statistics etc for better planning and results.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by kayusely70(m): 1:13pm On Mar 31, 2020
Chamber2000:
I don't do tribal shit because I'm igbo and I work for a Yoruba man and I can tell you that I've benefitted much from him than you can ever think. Do you know he is an Apc man and I'm pdp but it doesn't endanger our relationship.

Stop being a canon fodder for this elites. I can tell you that the elites are tribal and religious blind. They are all partners in self enrichment
God bless you for this
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Myway20: 1:29pm On Mar 31, 2020
sexiestharam:

You guess. You don't know. Abeg leave me.
Am I in the government? Abeg,leave me too.we r iin Nigeria together
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Myway20: 1:29pm On Mar 31, 2020
sexiestharam:

You guess. You don't know. Abeg leave me.
Am I in the government? Abeg,leave me too.we r in Nigeria together
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by sexiestharam(f): 2:01pm On Mar 31, 2020
Myway20:

Am I in the government? Abeg,leave me too.we r in Nigeria together
����. We go soon run. Make corona finish first.
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Legendguru: 2:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
smiley
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Bimpe29: 2:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
OMG!
Things are getting better in Lagos for sure.
This is nice of the Lagos State Government.
Eko O ni baje.
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Tulsaguy: 4:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
Audio foods even though we can see the pictures.

Only card carrying APR members will access it.
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Tonytonex(m): 5:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
helinues:
Egungun don dey go express...

Hahahah
angrywhy did you say so.
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by maasoap(m): 7:32pm On Mar 31, 2020
sexiestharam:

Have you seen anything in nigeria distributed without queues? Intelligent, deductible and comprehensible ode!

Just see how you made fool of yourself now! Why would any right thinking person think that government would ask Nigerians to queue for food when everyone is preaching "social distancing"?
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by idealogical: 7:39pm On Mar 31, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5766641/coronavirus-free-bags-rice-elderly

They are distributing food in Anambra and the people lamenting and busing Lagos state in this thread are shouting god bless Anambra, god bless willie.

In your state and village, it's a great and wonderful thing, it's a god bless situation thing, but in Lagos state, it's all of a sudden a bad thing.

This hared for other people syndrome is really getting out of hand, for your own good and existence, it's unsustainable.
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by sexiestharam(f): 8:29pm On Mar 31, 2020
[quote author=maasoap post=87967629]

Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by TheStarsAlign: 12:41am On Apr 01, 2020
My pops called me he got this text me I thought its Yahoo quys at work, told him to delete it fast. That's how someone in my Church responded to text like that sometime ago and 1m disappear from her account. The government didn't do well. Anyways, thank God for taking care of his people.
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Ajibel(m): 5:36am On Apr 01, 2020
delpee:

Many did cos they had the time unlike those in full time employment.
They have to start with any available database. LASRRA came in handy. Those who like me pussy footed over it then shouldn't complain. (I tried to register once though.) This will probably create opportunities for more research and better strategies next time.

BRF explained then that it's to provide a database that will make planning easier for the State Govt. Let's all (Lagos residents) key into it after the lockdown. It may provide a glimpse into unemployment statistics etc for better planning and results.

Sincerely, this episode has shown us why we need to get registered with LASRRA. My aunt of above 60 refused to register when she had the chance then, she's now regretting it because her agemates who registered have gotten theirs without any hassle.
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by Ajibel(m): 5:39am On Apr 01, 2020
TheStarsAlign:
My pops called me he got this text me I thought its Yahoo quys at work, told him to delete it fast. That's how someone in my Church responded to text like that sometime ago and 1m disappear from her account. The government didn't do well. Anyways, thank God for taking care of his people.

shocked shocked shocked

Your popsy go swear for you oo grin
Re: Lagos: SMS On Stimulus Packages For 60-Year-Old And Above Is Real - LASG by uglodoh(f): 4:56pm On May 17, 2020
Ajibel:

Yes there is.

They are more in Lagos than any state in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo: My DSS Boyfriend Told Me A FULL LOCKDOWN Is Coming / Sowore Reacts To The Killing Of 14-Year-Old Girl At #YorubaNation Rally / Obidients Hold Welcome March For Peter Obi In Port Harcourt (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.