Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety (59909 Views)

How I Slept With My Landlord During Coronavirus Lockdown - Repentant Wife Confes / Man Fakes Death, Travels To His Village In Ambulance During Coronavirus Lockdown / FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by TheSociopath(m): 1:05pm On Mar 31, 2020
Bastards
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Dottore: 1:05pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ok
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 31, 2020
SalesConsultant:
They called my wife last week.... the shocking part is they called her full name.

First Bank customers data base has been compromised.

this is serious
I think someone working there always sell customers details to scammers.

I stopped banking with them 4yrs ago

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 31, 2020
Onyekachi419:
The hustle is real
Say no to fraud.
see this thief here o!
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Sandony(f): 1:06pm On Mar 31, 2020
God help us. We are our own problem in this country.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Gentlemanforyou: 1:07pm On Mar 31, 2020
Wow
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by batstan(m): 1:07pm On Mar 31, 2020
grin
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Martinola(m): 1:08pm On Mar 31, 2020
It is expected, unless this isn't Nigeria
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Cutefergieee: 1:08pm On Mar 31, 2020
Na d fool wey call me from Zenith bank b dis.. His true caller even came back as Machanic.. Fu*king cunt

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by kingjrofficial(m): 1:08pm On Mar 31, 2020
Afonja have started again angry
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Kobicove(m): 1:08pm On Mar 31, 2020
OnyeObodo:
Hello Nigerians,

I want to use this opportunity to warn you about the new... called was so professional, precise and apt. This particular scammer knows his onions. They have taken it to a whole new level.

They are doing it in connivance with some rogue bankers
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by babyfaceafrica: 1:08pm On Mar 31, 2020
Cheap scam.. Only a naive person will fall fò it
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by AuroraB(f): 1:09pm On Mar 31, 2020
I laugh cheesy
Numerous people will still fall for this even after reading this.
Watch out for threads of victims on here, sooner cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by freeman500: 1:09pm On Mar 31, 2020
Na so one send me message last week, i replied him.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Niftycherry(f): 1:09pm On Mar 31, 2020
Thanks for this info!
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by ACE1010: 1:09pm On Mar 31, 2020
God bless you.....the information makes sense I swear grin cheesy
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by onyxo76(m): 1:09pm On Mar 31, 2020
RapistOnBail:

Truecaller reveals ones identity.

yes if the network is very good in your area. one just has to be very careful
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 31, 2020
OnyeObodo:
Hello Nigerians,

I want to use this opportunity to warn you about the new ongoing corona BVN and ATM scam. Please be aware that even though BVN and ATM scam are not entirely new, what I find disturbing about this format is that thy are using the Corona pandemic to scare people. Another disturbing thing is that they called my wife by her name. They are also leveraging on the stay at home order to scare people the more. This implies this is a high level powered scam.

This fraudster and scammer 08106579538 called my wife and this conversation ensued;

Scammmer: Hello, am I talking to Mrs Nkechi Fashola

Wife: Yes

Scammer: Am calling you on the directive of First Bank. The federal government is about to implement a nationwide lock-down and am calling to setup online banking for you.

Wifey: I am not interested. I already have online banking

Scammer: If you don't upgrade too, you will not benefit from the corona virus loans being disbursed very soon (This is where I cut in)

Me: Young man, you are speaking with inspector Kolade of FSARS apapa LION zone

Scammer: (Drops call)

Why I decided to share this even though its an old format is because of two things;

(1) He called my wife by her correct names (Suggesting insider job)

(2) They now leverage on the corona virus pandemic sit at home order! Due to the hunger in the land and the uncertainty of Nigerian government in helping people through this trying times, people may become desperate and give in their personal information. Awareness needs to be crated before people will jump from frying pan to fire.

Believe me when I tell you that the person that called was so professional, precise and apt. This particular scammer knows his onions. They have taken it to a whole new level.

He doesn't need to be an insider to know her full name. Just knowing her account number is enough
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Goswill1208(m): 1:10pm On Mar 31, 2020
I just flashed him now ��
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by msbyao: 1:11pm On Mar 31, 2020
I think there is a database that has been compromised. Not necessarily that of the bank.
I work in a bank and I got a similar call. The person had my full name and my full date of birth.
I played along and he asked for "the nos on my ATM card" and that I was going to get a code to take to the bank on Monday.
Now, if this person had full info from my bank, he would have known I had a Staff Account and not a regular account.

My advise is never expect your bank to call you from a GSM no. And NEVER EVER give out ANY Code sent to your phone no to anyone.

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by oteneaaron(m): 1:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
One called me some days ago telling me my details are not correct on my account.

Funny thing is that she (yes this scammer was a lady pretending to be customer care) knew my bank and my name.

I told her my details are correct and if anything is wrong, my account manager will call me.

Na so she end call oo.

Scammers have evolved.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Prolificdeman: 1:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
SalesConsultant:
They called my wife last week.... the shocking part is they called her full name.

this is serious

Sir, they also work with bank staff. My friend was also scammed. Will create a thread on that, to enlighten people.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by haleymoon: 1:14pm On Mar 31, 2020
Another means these scammers gain access to personal info of their unsuspecting victims is through several trials of random account number. They try make a cash transfer by inputting different account numbers thereby revealing the name or details of their victims.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by ipobarethieves: 1:14pm On Mar 31, 2020
Not first bank data base/ but Truecaller I guess
SalesConsultant:

this is serious

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by LivingSage: 1:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
Scammers no get life
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Stefenijoan002(f): 1:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
My advice is when ever they call you with your full name and ask for you Bvn tell them to check the system coz it's there !when you type a customers details such as name it brings out everything you need to know about the person .their home address,mothers middle name current balance n transaction that has taken place till date .etc if they re unabl to give u this details know its scame coz no bank we ask their customers for their bvn for upgrade !and plz don't not tell them ur ,first or last digit of ur transaction pin without ur digit pin they won't be able to temper ur account .thanks

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
freeman500:
Na so one send me message last week, i replied him.
Guy u are really nice o, you gave him up to 24hrs to prepare for coronavirus, our govt didn't even given up to that. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Ca4real: 1:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
OnyeObodo:
Hello Nigerians,

I want to use this opportunity to warn you about the new ongoing corona BVN and ATM scam. Please be aware that even though BVN and ATM scam are not entirely new, what I find disturbing about this format is that thy are using the Corona pandemic to scare people. Another disturbing thing is that they called my wife by her name. They are also leveraging on the stay at home order to scare people the more. This implies this is a high level powered scam.

This fraudster and scammer 08106579538 called my wife and this conversation ensued;

Scammmer: Hello, am I talking to Mrs Nkechi Fashola

Wife: Yes

Scammer: Am calling you on the directive of First Bank. The federal government is about to implement a nationwide lock-down and am calling to setup online banking for you.

Wifey: I am not interested. I already have online banking

Scammer: If you don't upgrade too, you will not benefit from the corona virus loans being disbursed very soon (This is where I cut in)

Me: Young man, you are speaking with inspector Kolade of FSARS apapa LION zone

Scammer: (Drops call)

Why I decided to share this even though its an old format is because of two things;

(1) He called my wife by her correct names (Suggesting insider job)

(2) They now leverage on the corona virus pandemic sit at home order! Due to the hunger in the land and the uncertainty of Nigerian government in helping people through this trying times, people may become desperate and give in their personal information. Awareness needs to be crated before people will jump from frying pan to fire.

Believe me when I tell you that the person that called was so professional, precise and apt. This particular scammer knows his onions. They have taken it to a whole new level.

God Bless you for sharing this information.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Skmoda(m): 1:18pm On Mar 31, 2020
kingjrofficial:
Afonja have started again angry
ode oshi....agbaya jatijati
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by oyeb15: 1:18pm On Mar 31, 2020
Haba
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Fabb326: 1:18pm On Mar 31, 2020
Inspector Kolade ko

Kilode ni

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SARS Chases Ambrose Alli University Student, He Falls Inside Well, Dies / Armed Robber Who Terrorizes POS Operators Shot Dead In Imo (Photos) / Hoodlums Dislodge Endsars Protesters, Take Over Protest Ground in Alausa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.