Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Princess Inikpi ...a Fearless Victim Of Death And War - My Own Version - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Princess Inikpi ...a Fearless Victim Of Death And War - My Own Version (736 Views)

Futo Na War (my Experience In University) / "The Denial Of Death": An Award Winning Book By Ernest Becker / LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Princess Inikpi ...a Fearless Victim Of Death And War - My Own Version by nicewoody6: 10:01am On Mar 31, 2020
Please do not judge this book by its cover.

Re: Princess Inikpi ...a Fearless Victim Of Death And War - My Own Version by nicewoody6: 8:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
About The Book
Her fate was a twist of legend and prophecy. Her sacrifice was a gift of love so uncommon. Her bravery remains unheard and unseen, for even in the face of death she remained fearless.
She was so loved by her father, adored by her people and eventually by their conquerors who believed she was a goddess. But the legend and the prophecy must be fulfilled for the gods had sealed her fate long before she was born.

Inspired by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's TED talk, "The Danger of a single story."

Helpful Quote
In one of my books, I said, "Take history lessons with a grain of salt because many of them might have been doctored."

Today, I want to challenge our minds on the Bini - Igala war of the 16th Century that led to the death of the legendary Princess Inikpi of Igala Kingdom.

Do you truly agree with history that she was buried alive?

Before you answer, please ponder over these facts.

1. The Binis were bent on teaching the Attah - Igala king a grave lesson. So could they have bombed and conquered Igala lands without bombing and conquering the capital? A place is truly conquered when the capital falls.

2. History told us that the Igala charms and amulets failed. They were powerless and could not stop the Cannons used by the Binis. How did their voodoo suddenly work?

3. Do you think the Bini warriors would have abandoned the Igala lands without conquering Idah, the capital? Could they have defied their Queen's orders to bring down the capital or bring me the ....I am not going to spill that. Remember, she was known as one of the greatest sorcerers at the time?

4. The war was as a result of the Igala's Vikings way of life. Ask yourself, what did the Binis take from the Igala people and their King that made them reconsider their Vikings way of life?

Sweet Acclaims

"Your story reminds me of a similar one my Grandparents told me and it brought back good memories of my childhood with them. For this captivating version, I hereby honour you with the title, "Oma ete Igala" -True Igala born." Yakzai

"It felt like I was watching a movie. You poured so much emotions into the story. It was an enjoyable read and Inikpi was truly more than a princess. She was indeed a goddess." Mrs Bello.

"My heart feels cold knowing that this was a true historic event. My heart is also broken that Inikpi had to die, most especially, the way she died. This was one hell of a story and I was spellbound to the end." Eze

In all, Princess Inikpi was a Legend. My story did not take that away from here and no one can.

This story of Princess Inikpi is a version you 've never heard. Find out how she died.

Please Note: This story is a faction and it is not intended to smite or shame any tribe or person.

Available locally on https://okadabooks.com/search?query=Ugeh

Available internationally on http://books2read.com/princess-inikpi-a-fearless-victim-of-death-and-war

The international link contains 12 stores. Enjoy the read and please endeavour to leave a comment.

(1) (Reply)

Comedy And Riddles Time / My Almost Disastrous Affair With A Lady / Writers Needed!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.