Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,786 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) (77637 Views)

Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) / Out And About In Limerick City, Ireland - Nairalander Shares Experience. Photos / Adventure In Ireland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by dainformant(m): 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2020
My experience in Ireland so far has been trailed with mixed feelings due to the coronavirus. The country is experiencing its worst ever pandemic - with nearly 3000 confirmed cases of the virus and 54 deaths recorded. The government has ordered a lockdown for some months to curb the spread and minimize the effect of the virus in the European country.

The nationwide lockdown has left the country’s public spaces hushed and deserted amid overwhelming public support for extreme measures to control the pandemic. Dublin city and other usually bustling urban centres are now like ghost towns..

In my area in Limerick city, the vast majority of the population appear to be following appeals to stay at home except to buy food, care for vulnerable people, do work deemed essential or briefly exercise.

The government has taken a very good measure to cushion the effect of the pandemic on its residents. Residents whose jobs and businesses closed due to coronavirus are being paid 350 euro PER WEEK. Those enjoying this benefit include Nigerians and other nationalities (both students and workers) who are living in the country. Many Nigerians received their alerts today being Tuesday and were greatly overjoyed.. People are being paid to stay at home and be safe. The payment will go on for 12 weeks...that's 3 months. Just chill at home and get paid.

€350 X N420 (about N147,000) per week.
€1400 X N420 (about 588,000) per month.

Monthly rent is €325 while €50-€70 (depending on your spending capability) can go for groceries for the month. This only happens in civilized countries where the government take good care of their people.

303 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Garrieveryday: 7:36pm On Mar 31, 2020
China should be sued for this world calamity

409 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by sLentlover7778(m): 7:36pm On Mar 31, 2020
Jesus is lord... The whole world now speak one language...Sit At Home...grin grin grin

219 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Sisijetue(f): 7:37pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ooin you are doing well

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Amotolongbo(f): 7:39pm On Mar 31, 2020
Every other country is fumigating her country.

Since we are locked in, can Nigerian Government fumigate this country, even if it is going to be otapiapia

314 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by dainformant(m): 7:40pm On Mar 31, 2020
My quiet neighborhood has now turned to a ghost area as people are hardly seen on the street. Even those that come out always observe social distancing and avoid others on the road like they've got the disease. The buses have been deserted by passengers who are obeying the stay home order.

Some shops, banks, supermarkets, pharmacies and those offering essential services are allowed to work.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Franzinni: 7:40pm On Mar 31, 2020
whyyyyyy did i have to come back to this God forsaken piece of land by the water called Nigeria... i miss dublin sooooo much... is the living room bar still there in the city centre? men life dey that place!!!

119 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by dainformant(m): 7:40pm On Mar 31, 2020
The prestigious University of Limerick has been shut down as all other schools in Ireland. The students are being taught online by the lecturers. The assignments, tests, exams and even project are being done online. The university has been shut down till summer as the school has offered its premises in the fight against coronavirus. The access to the campus has been cut off as can be seen below.

26 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by THUNDER4real(m): 7:41pm On Mar 31, 2020
Nigeria government, come and learn....Buhari and his audio lockdown...

105 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by culf: 7:41pm On Mar 31, 2020
nice one. Stay safe

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Mindlog: 7:43pm On Mar 31, 2020
A well organized Country.

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 31, 2020
Chai...see clean and serene environment.

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by dainformant(m): 7:48pm On Mar 31, 2020
Local man had to go for shopping today. Had to restock my groceries. Social distancing is very well observed in all the supermarkets and shops as measures have been set in place to fight the virus. Some shops only allow one customer at a time to enter. I spent about 32 euro on my shopping today and hope the foodstuff will last me for a while.

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
50 to 70 for groceries Please correct this, it is more than that

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by funmike83(f): 7:54pm On Mar 31, 2020
naija sorry oo but with all this i still consider my country safe . God bless my country

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Zico5(m): 7:54pm On Mar 31, 2020
See country where things work. But here in Nigeria u no go see shishi. Mama Faruq will still increase #300 yellow rubber garri to #800. €350 per week for staying at home. Even when the rent per week is just €50 - €70 per week. When will Nigeria get better for God sake and this is ordinary Ireland o. It can't be ok for those morons defending this government for just 30k. I need to find a way out of this shithole.

171 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by GboyegaD(m): 7:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
Nice, the buses are working. In my city, you need to call the transport company for them to pick you up if you are an essential worker. They will come take you to work and bring you back. Ditto for medical appointments and grocery shopping although the latter is subject to demand for rides.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
Today I witnessed the most bizarre of stupidity in the history of Nigeria.

You tell people to stay indoors to help fight disease spread, you tell this same people to come out and line up in queue to receive one “derica” cup of rice each. What if that person one way contacts the disease he or she is avoiding because of our leader’s stupidity and take it home to share to families?

I was in shock mhen........ I shar know this Coro nor fit kill me. I can’t die now. grin

If una like make una use stupidity spread am well.

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by jayson87: 7:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
Weedsmoker:
Chai...see clean and serene environment.
i didnt even read his experience, the images got me marveling whatever happened to us over here

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by fatymore(f): 7:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
I feel like cursing our leaders here.

The stimulus package they are even sharing is for their party members.

They would ask you to snap picture with at the end.

Something that isn't worth 5k.

Why are we extremely wicked to ourselves.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Mindlog: 7:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
THUNDER4real:
Nigeria government, come and learn....Buhari and his audio lockdown...

Nigerian government learning, means less resources to misappropriate but sadly the Nigerian system is addicted to things not working right.

10 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by WandaNara: 7:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
My dream country.

Baba God please pick my calls immediately after this corona brouhaha.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by EzzyCarter: 7:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
Talk about countries where things work...
Yet, on this platform you see some ppl ready to die for the tall, slim, baby-faced dullard leading the county into abyss. SMH! sad

56 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by tolexy007(m): 7:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
Garrieveryday:
China should be sued for this world calamity

you are right bro, those useless Chinkos must pay for this. I just dey fear wetin go happen to Nigeria in d next 30 days

7 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by MrPRevailer(m): 7:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ok but won't giving everyone money devalue the country's currency because you are printing money in billions for the same limited consumer products. And that will increase the price of products too

Are you ready for the Rapture?
https://www.raptureready.com/information-for-those-left-behind/
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by ConnectedMan: 7:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
400k per month just to sit down at home? That's some people's annual salary over here o. I don't know what I did in heaven that God punished me by sending me to Nigeria. sad

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Dangrace01: 7:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by DriggityDre: 7:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
Nice @ OP.
If it was Nigeria, Nigerians would wish COVID-19 lasts longer because of free cash. You would see them pastorprenuers prophesying:
"God told me this virus would last for 3.. I mean, 4 more weeks. And the government should increase the pay by N20, 000 more else his wrath would fall".

SPITS angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by LivingSage: 7:57pm On Mar 31, 2020
If they had called their country God forsaken, they themselves and their parents did not made one or two sacrifice for their country, you won't be dreaming of going there again. The mentality of blaming ONLY government for our adversity should be enough, you and I have a part to play in Making Nigeria a great Nation.
Hope you don't take and give bribe?
Hope you don't dump refuse anywhere?
Hope you don't litter our roads with bottle, can of drinks and such?
Hope you don't criticise Government base on political, tribal sentiment but patriotism based?
Hope you don't defend corrupt officials either related or not?
Hope you observe and comport yourself in accordance with the law of our land?
Hope you.................?
If we keep doing what is right, it isn't a rocket science that we'll get to promise Land days to come!
God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria
[s]
Franzinni:
whyyyyyy did i have to come back to this God forsaken piece of land by the water called Nigeria... i miss dublin sooooo much... is the living room bar still there in the city centre? men life dey that place!!!
[/s]

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by emmabest2000(m): 7:57pm On Mar 31, 2020
Linus

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by fk002: 7:57pm On Mar 31, 2020
Is not the worst ever in Ireland

I think have been faced with a plague before, which led them to depend on potato (Irish). For survival.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

See The Chinese Bullet Trains That Can Travel Betw. Lagos & Abuja & Back In 5hrs / Pictures Of Rock With Human Face In Kwara / Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.