Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,761 members, 7,798,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) (77592 Views)

Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) / Out And About In Limerick City, Ireland - Nairalander Shares Experience. Photos / Adventure In Ireland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Ijaya123: 7:57pm On Mar 31, 2020
This country is ...
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by LivingSage: 7:57pm On Mar 31, 2020
angry
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by VaselineCrew: 7:57pm On Mar 31, 2020
sLentlover7778:
Jesus is lord... The whole world now speak one language...Sit At Home...grin grin grin

This whole world lock down seems a bit fishy to me

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Franzinni: 7:58pm On Mar 31, 2020
LivingSage:

[s][/s]
see be careful ooo!! why did you cross me like that? take you time ooo
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Nairalandmonika: 8:00pm On Mar 31, 2020
dainformant:
The prestigious University of Limerick has been shut down as all other schools in Ireland. The students are being taught online by the lecturers. The assignments, tests, exams and even project are being done online. The university has been shut down till summer as the school has offered its premises in the fight against coronavirus. The access to the campus has been cut off as can be seen below.
And some people say Nigeria is not a zoo

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by ipobarethieves: 8:00pm On Mar 31, 2020
sad normal country.Well the abnormal,useless pipu with black spot on their foreheads are disturbing our peace with their terrorist lifestyle/protest in jos/Abuja

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by archymacho(m): 8:00pm On Mar 31, 2020
Deserted streets..
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by ehmmy11(m): 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2020
Nice one op one day i will live in a civilised society

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by GboyegaD(m): 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2020
luxy44:
50 to 70 for groceries Please correct this, it is more than that

He might be a bachelor who doesn't cook much varieties.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by kenodrill: 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2020
dainformant:
My experience in Ireland so far has been trailed with mixed feelings due to the coronavirus. The country is experiencing its worst ever pandemic - with nearly 3000 confirmed cases of the virus and 54 deaths recorded. The government has ordered a lockdown for some months to curb the spread and minimize the effect of the virus in the European country.

The nationwide lockdown has left the country’s public spaces hushed and deserted amid overwhelming public support for extreme measures to control the pandemic. Dublin city and other usually bustling urban centres are now like ghost towns..

In my area in Limerick city, the vast majority of the population appear to be following appeals to stay at home except to buy food, care for vulnerable people, do work deemed essential or briefly exercise.

The government has taken a very good measure to cushion the effect of the pandemic on its residents. Residents whose jobs and businesses closed due to coronavirus are being paid 350 euro PER WEEK. Those enjoying this benefit include Nigerians and other nationalities (both students and workers) who are living in the country. Many Nigerians received their alerts today being Tuesday and were greatly overjoyed.. People are being paid to stay at home and be safe. The payment will go on for 12 weeks...that's 3 months. Just chill at home and get paid.

€350 X N420 (about N147,000) per week.
€1400 X N420 (about 588,000) per month.

Monthly rent is €325 while €50-€70 (depending on your spending capability) can go for groceries for the month. This only happens in civilized countries where the government take good care of their people.

Bro please I need your email address.'Ve something to discuss with you.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Focusingmore: 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2020
luxy44:
50 to 70 for groceries Please correct this, it is more than that

He's a bloody liar , making Nigerians feel worthless by posting rubbish.

I am also in Limerick, but let me not expose him

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Teejazy(m): 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2020
That's where citizens welfare are valued.

Everything about this side is Audio.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2020
Where will Nigeria see such money to be paying us
This is tax money at work.
It's citizens taking care of themselves,we should stop whining- since you guys want to keep depending on oyel money sad

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2020
Naija which way nau Hai!
Meanwhile we are being asked to stay Indoors without a dime.
This is not funny any longer. Like seriously are we not suppose go be taken care of at critical times like this? Why then are we citizens of this county if the leaders don't have our interest at heart?

O God, by your mandate, let their be an immediate replacement now! In Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by fk002: 8:02pm On Mar 31, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Every other country is fumigating their country.

Since we are locked in, can Nigerian Government fumigate this country, even if it is going to be otapiapia

ABUJA have been Fummigated weeks ago

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by CsRockefeller(m): 8:02pm On Mar 31, 2020
Maybe I should really start considering leaving Nigeria for good.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by ismoney: 8:02pm On Mar 31, 2020
Irrespective of our present challenges as a country, I believe that Nigeria will be great again while I am alive. God bless Nigeria and grant our leaders wisdom to direct our affairs.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Opeolami(m): 8:02pm On Mar 31, 2020
Amotolongbo:

Since we are locked in, can Nigerian Government fumigate this country, even if it is going to be otapiapia

can't stop laughing... otapiapia

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 8:03pm On Mar 31, 2020
Buhari is busy washing his hand and snapping pictures for Nigerians. undecided

Mindset is everything!

That’s a country that plans.

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by bionixs: 8:03pm On Mar 31, 2020
dainformant:
My experience in Ireland so far has been trailed with mixed feelings due to the coronavirus. The country is experiencing its worst ever pandemic - with nearly 3000 confirmed cases of the virus and 54 deaths recorded. The government has ordered a lockdown for some months to curb the spread and minimize the effect of the virus in the European country.

The nationwide lockdown has left the country’s public spaces hushed and deserted amid overwhelming public support for extreme measures to control the pandemic. Dublin city and other usually bustling urban centres are now like ghost towns..

In my area in Limerick city, the vast majority of the population appear to be following appeals to stay at home except to buy food, care for vulnerable people, do work deemed essential or briefly exercise.

The government has taken a very good measure to cushion the effect of the pandemic on its residents. Residents whose jobs and businesses closed due to coronavirus are being paid 350 euro PER WEEK. Those enjoying this benefit include Nigerians and other nationalities (both students and workers) who are living in the country. Many Nigerians received their alerts today being Tuesday and were greatly overjoyed.. People are being paid to stay at home and be safe. The payment will go on for 12 weeks...that's 3 months. Just chill at home and get paid.

€350 X N420 (about N147,000) per week.
€1400 X N420 (about 588,000) per month.

Monthly rent is €325 while €50-€70 (depending on your spending capability) can go for groceries for the month. This only happens in civilized countries where the government take good care of their people.
God will still purnish Nigeria leaders. I just feel for their generations

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by efembaba(m): 8:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
There are side advantages to the lock down going on in most countries on our planet though.. The ozone layer is recovering due to less pollution from humans. This means we may just be having major headway in our combat against climate change. Few more weeks indoors for all people in all countries and we will begin to heal our planet.. Pollution levels are on d all time low around the world.. Maybe nature is fighting back

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Denique(f): 8:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
Amotolongbo:

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by secpowell: 8:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
Focusingmore:

Does what you wrote, made sense to you.
Expose him, if you feel otherwise.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by ipobarethieves: 8:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
Here in Lagos,dome dango still Dey carry passengers up/down,mini market open dga
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by blackslayer: 8:05pm On Mar 31, 2020
Garrieveryday:
China should be sued for this world calamity

They are already getting sued! they should not only be sued but they should be isolated also. We are all for globalization, but this nonsense china has caused is a proxy world war!

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Perfecttouchade: 8:05pm On Mar 31, 2020
In Nigeria, Dem carry soldiers put for roads to dey beat anyone seen outside even tho hunger wan finish people..no money for the people to survive the stay at home...abeg which level we dey Nigeria grin Next level
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by ipobarethieves: 8:05pm On Mar 31, 2020
sad mannabbq darling daddy and his forehead black spot pipu nah our coviik 1.9 here.Buhari is a misfortune president

7 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by 0taPiaPia(m): 8:05pm On Mar 31, 2020
Garrieveryday:
China should be sued for this world calamity

Sued abi NUKED

First bomb dropped in Beijing.
Second one to that useless market in Wuhan when all the traders converge to carry out their stupid sales.... sad sad sad

7 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:06pm On Mar 31, 2020
Nice pictures, God deliver us.

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by dainformant(m): 8:07pm On Mar 31, 2020
I think you can only say what you know. I spent 32.90 euro on shopping today. See my ticket below. The last time I went for shopping was 2 weeks ago. It depends on your spending capability. You don't want to expose me yet you are calling me a liar. Please, expose me.... I beg you.
Focusingmore:

30 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

See The Chinese Bullet Trains That Can Travel Betw. Lagos & Abuja & Back In 5hrs / Pictures Of Rock With Human Face In Kwara / Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.