Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) (77725 Views)

Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) / Out And About In Limerick City, Ireland - Nairalander Shares Experience. Photos / Adventure In Ireland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by ebuclassic18(m): 8:07pm On Mar 31, 2020
The only thing we are good at in Nigeria is to carry broom and umbrella during election campaign

11 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 31, 2020
# SANE CLIME!

unlike some shithole, cursed with irresponsible, self serving, integrity-deficient rulers!

7 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Ykc2(m): 8:07pm On Mar 31, 2020
If your from south east living in lagos and lagos government decides to share things they wont even give you so long your not a yoruba person, likewise a person from southwest living in the east,thats the problem of black people tribalism nepotism favoritism ,when a Nigerian relocate to any western world the person will enjoy as citizen of that country but bring the same person to nigeria after he or she must ve lived in western world for 20 years that person will still introduce tribalism or nepotism

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by lonelydora: 8:08pm On Mar 31, 2020
Garrieveryday:
China should be sued for this world calamity

My thoughts too
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by pocohantas(f): 8:08pm On Mar 31, 2020
€350 X N420 (about N147,000) per week.
€1400 X N420 (about 588,000) per month.

Everything you wrote is nice. Impressive system too, but please, can we stop converting foreign currencies to Naira on topics like this?

Doesn’t show a good understanding of Economics (PPP to be very specific).

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by IamgratefulLord(f): 8:08pm On Mar 31, 2020
Sisijetue:
Ooin you are doing well
What does ooiin mean?
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by 0taPiaPia(m): 8:09pm On Mar 31, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Every other country is fumigating their country.

Since we are locked in, can Nigerian Government fumigate this country, even if it is going to be otapiapia

Bros u say ? !!!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by jude98: 8:10pm On Mar 31, 2020
big man please oo Hw did u gt the visa pls help a brother

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by lastempero: 8:10pm On Mar 31, 2020
Befor you want comparr death with sleep.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by stanisbaratheon: 8:10pm On Mar 31, 2020
See country na
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by SenecaTheYonger: 8:11pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ireland no be child’s country naa.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Sheuns(m): 8:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
dainformant:
Local man had to go for shopping today. Had to restock my groceries. Social distancing is very well observed in all the supermarkets and shops as measures have been set in place to fight the virus. Some shops only allow one customer at a time to enter. I spent about 32 euro on my shopping today and hope the foodstuff will last me for a while.

Just see all these for 32€, I trust my country people here.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by franchasng: 8:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
fatymore:
I feel like cursing our leaders here.

The stimulus package they are even sharing is for their party members.

They would ask you to snap picture with at the end.

Something that isn't worth 5k.

Why are we extremely wicked to ourselves.
Black people are the curse of the world!

It is unfortunate.

When I look around where I live and I remember Nigeria, I weep everyday....we Nigerians there weep....many guys here have sworn never to return back to Nigeria till they die, but I won't dare that....I am an Igwe, I must go back to the village twice a year if not the gods will be angry with me angry angry

Without mincing words, black people are a disgrace to mankind.

Hand over US or Germany or Switzerland or any other developed country to black people, and then visit that country again after 20 years, they will turn it to a slum. It is about race....it is not just about Buhari, it is about the blacks, about Nigerians as a whole!!

Nigeria and Nigerians are a colossal failure as a people! We cannot build and develop our nation to be like the whiteman's country, we cannot even organize and govern ourselves like humans, we cannot build infrastructures in our own country without being tribalistic about it; build Lagos-Ibadan, build Lagos-Abuja-Kano, abandon Lagos-Onitsha-Enugu-Makurdi so that Igbo people will suffer since they refused to vote a certain party and Nigerian youths who wish Nigeria to become developed will support this and cheer the foolish leaders on instead of revolting against all these injustice and stupidity of the so called leaders of Nigeria.....

Ordinary good, working schools we cannot build, we cannot even maintain our roads, our infrastructures, we are only good at tribalism, ethnicism, bias politics, wickedness, looting public fund, shame, shame shame cry cry

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by CsRockefeller(m): 8:13pm On Mar 31, 2020
pocohantas:

Everything you wrote is nice. Impressive system too, but please, can we stop converting foreign currencies to Naira on topics like this?

Who said u cant compare?

11 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 31, 2020
GboyegaD:

He might be a bachelor who doesn't cook much varieties.

Still not possible
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 8:13pm On Mar 31, 2020
Garrieveryday:

Maybe for not properly containing it early on... But, you can't sue them for the collective carelessness of Europe and America...

Those nations had ample time to contain the spread and check the infection cycle, but woefully failed to...

Do we also sue China for the ineptitude of Nigeria's leaders??!... Abeg, let every one lick his wounds!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Ishilove: 8:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
pocohantas:

School us. I only tolerated Economics in secondary school because I liked my Economics teacher Mr Adewunmi.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by GboyegaD(m): 8:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
luxy44:

Still not possible

I don't know how expensive things are in Ireland but I know people who will tell you they don't spend more than $USD on groceries monthly.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Taciturn1: 8:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
Amotolongbo:

Since we are locked in, can Nigerian Government fumigate this country, even if it is going to be otapiapia
Thank God for the rains
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by edoairways: 8:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
Amotolongbo:

Some areas in Nigeria was fumigated
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by LivingSage: 8:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
Yeah, I strike your post because you're not patriotic enough.
[s]
Franzinni:
see be careful ooo!! why did you cross me like that? take you time ooo
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by bionixs: 8:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
Meanwhile,all wannabe and forming fake atheists in the house. Hellooo, how far? Just one plague and science has been confused . If you miss heaven after this animal treatment our leaders have dishing out to us,sorry. Just image how another government is pampering fellow humans in other clime
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Franzinni: 8:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
LivingSage:
Yeah, [s]I strike your post because you're not patriotic enough. [/s]
[s][/s]

i have revenge... do me i do you!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Focusingmore: 8:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
dainformant:
I think you can only say what you know. I spent 32.90 euro on shopping today. See my ticket below. The last time I went for shopping was 2 weeks ago. It depends on your spending capability. You don't want to expose me yet you are calling me a liar. Please, expose me.... I beg you.

I have lived in Ireland for 22 years bra, your story is fake, my Irish partner and I are here laughing our heads off.

Ireland is a shit hole , no jobs , small minded people...

Infrastructure is good but old, boring place to live.

Looks like you live in Castletroy.

Maybe you are new that's why everything looks impressive to you

7 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by FutureFocus: 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
this is a functioning society, oh Lord! for the sake of my children's children , please get me out of here to a decent functioning society.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by edoairways: 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
pocohantas can you compare the standard of living of Ireland to Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by nextstep(m): 8:18pm On Mar 31, 2020
Garrieveryday:

Yep, right after the US repays the world for the Spanish flu of 1918 (arguably started in Kansas), or the financial crisis of 2008.

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Germi9: 8:18pm On Mar 31, 2020
Oboy see road!!! Yet our government will travel to these places and come back and still do nothing..

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by pat077: 8:18pm On Mar 31, 2020
ismoney:
Irrespective of our present challenges as a country, I believe that Nigeria will be great again while I am alive. God bless Nigeria and grant our leaders wisdom to direct our affairs.
was Nigeria ever great?

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by shadeyinka(m): 8:20pm On Mar 31, 2020
LivingSage:
If they had called their country God forsaken, they themselves and their parents did not made one or two sacrifice for their country, you won't be dreaming of going there again. The mentality of blaming ONLY government for our adversity should be enough, you and I have a part to play in Making Nigeria a great Nation.
Hope you don't take and give bribe?
Hope you don't dump refuse anywhere?
Hope you don't litter our roads with bottle, can of drinks and such?
Hope you don't criticise Government base on political, tribal sentiment but patriotism based?
Hope you don't defend corrupt officials either related or not?
Hope you observe and comport yourself in accordance with the law of our land?
Hope you.................?
If we keep doing what is right, it isn't a rocket science that we'll get to promise Land days to come!
God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria
[s][/s]
On paper yes!
On practicability, IMPOSSIBLE!!

If the engine and transmission is faulty,there is no amount of new tires, new seats, new steering, clean body will make a care move.

It took only one man Adolf Hitler to steer the whole of Germany into destruction. Your advice is like saying if ALL the citizens of Germany say NO to war, Hitler would not have succeeded.

BUT IS THIS POSSIBLE?

If the leadership is right, the whole country would be headed in the right direction. If the leadership is wrong, nothing will work!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Mizwisdom(f): 8:20pm On Mar 31, 2020
ConnectedMan:
400k per month just to sit down at home? That's some people's annual salary over here o. I don't know what I did in heaven that God punished me by sending me to Nigeria. sad

Only lazy men pray to sit at home and collect free money. Where do you think the money comes from? it's from tax which hardworking people pay

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by toix888: 8:21pm On Mar 31, 2020
His cal. dey surprise me too oo, €50-70 a month Are we in the same Ireland

luxy44:
50 to 70 for groceries Please correct this, it is more than that

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics / See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO / Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.