Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,514 members, 7,801,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) (77615 Views)

Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) / Out And About In Limerick City, Ireland - Nairalander Shares Experience. Photos / Adventure In Ireland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Imanuel55(m): 8:21pm On Mar 31, 2020
It now I believe the story behind "The walking dead" kiss

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Mekas2016(m): 8:21pm On Mar 31, 2020
I live in Dublin, Meen the whole country is under a serious lockdown, The Almighty and ever busy O Connel Street is now a shadow of it self, But surprisely the Bus service still maintains their time table.
Many thanks to the Government for coming to the aid of its citizens in making sure their needs are meant thru the Covid19 pandemic fund unlike Nigeria where the reverse is the case.
God bless the Republic of Ireland.

11 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Hoodbilonia: 8:21pm On Mar 31, 2020
Now i dey understand all those hollywood zombie horror movies wey the whole area go be ghost town. Then one house go dey woods.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Fivepercent: 8:21pm On Mar 31, 2020
eii God.....se road for bicycle even dey!

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by nextstep(m): 8:22pm On Mar 31, 2020
bionixs:
Meanwhile,all wannabe and forming fake atheist in the house. Hellooo, how far? Just one plague and science has been confused

Atheism and science do not have all the answers, as new discoveries and understandings are made all the time. However, I will venture to say this: science has done far more good for humanity in the long run than all religions. I'm of the opinion that atheism frees people from seeking fantasy answers to phenomena that have a logical - even though not understood - explanation.

By that I mean, once you stop blaming the supernatural for diseases, you can spend more time thinking about theories and inventing equipment that lead to things like the discovery of bacteria, and of penicillin.

Atheism also makes you realize that this is the only life you have (no afterlife) - so live it well, and allow others to live well. You don't need the threat of eternal fire to be decent towards others. You don't need to waste your life away on a myth - do useful things in the here and now. God was invented by Man to help calm the fear of the great unknown... the notion of the vast emptiness after death is scary. That's why all pantheons - independently created - are surprisingly similar... because they are based on human craving to understand the world and their place in it.

The existence of God may yet be proven or disproven - just because one doesn't believe, does not mean there's no God. And the converse is true, just because one believes, does not mean there's a God.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by VaselineCrew: 8:22pm On Mar 31, 2020
franchasng:
Black people are the curse of the world!

It is unfortunate.

When I look around where I live and I remember Nigeria, I weep everyday....we Nigerians there weep....many guys here have sworn never to return back to Nigeria till they die, but I won't dare that....I am an Igwe, I must go back to the village twice a year if not the gods will be angry with me angry angry

Without mincing words, black people are a disgrace to mankind.

Hand over US or Germany or Switzerland or any other developed country to black people, and then visit that country again after 20 years, they will turn it to a slum. It is about race....it is not just about Buhari, it is about the blacks, about Nigerians as a whole!!

Nigeria and Nigerians are a colossal failure as a people! We cannot build and develop our nation to be like the whiteman's country, we cannot even organize and govern ourselves like humans, we cannot build infrastructures in our own country without being tribalistic about it; build Lagos-Ibadan, build Lagos-Abuja-Kano, abandon Lagos-Onitsha-Enugu-Makurdi so that Igbo people will suffer since they refused to vote a certain party and Nigerian youths who wish Nigeria to become developed will support this and cheer the foolish leaders on instead of revolting against all these injustice and stupidity of the so called leaders of Nigeria.....

Ordinary good, working schools we cannot build, we cannot even maintain our roads, our infrastructures, we are only good at tribalism, ethnicism, bias politics, wickedness, looting public fund, shame, shame shame cry cry

harsh, but true words, sigh

11 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Happyfela(m): 8:22pm On Mar 31, 2020
Wisdom
pocohantas:

Everything you wrote is nice. Impressive system too, but please, can we stop converting foreign currencies to Naira on topics like this?

Doesn’t show a good understanding of Economics (PPP to be very specific).

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Focusingmore: 8:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
secpowell:

Does what you wrote, made sense to you.
Expose him, if you feel otherwise.

Abeg shattap, I'm also here , I know Ireland is a shit hole.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Mizwisdom(f): 8:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
Focusingmore:

He's a bloody liar , making Nigerians feel worthless by posting rubbish.

I am also in Limerick, but let me not expose him

Thank you for this. Some people take joy in posting lies because they like making others feel inferior to them. Trust local Nigerians to fall for any coined story as long as it comes from abroad

7 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Dearlord(m): 8:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
OP thank you so much for making regret of being a Nigerian.

What a good government they have over there!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by gambia(m): 8:24pm On Mar 31, 2020
The truth shall set us free.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by franchasng: 8:24pm On Mar 31, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Only lazy men pray to sit at home and collect free money. Where do you think the money comes from? it's from tax which hardworking people pay
why do you Nigerians enjoy suffering and smiling

That there is a global pandemic that have shutdown all industries and sectors of the economy all over the world, and responsible governments are devising means to compensate their citizens to ensure they don't feel the impact of the forced government order for citizens to stay at home...and they decided to pay people to enable them take care of their needs and here you are calling it laziness and indirectly mocking the programme.....no wonder Nigeria and black nations are where they are today, shame this is coming from a youth, a lady at that cry cry

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 31, 2020
LivingSage:
[s]If they had called their country God forsaken, they themselves and their parents did not made one or two sacrifice for their country, you won't be dreaming of going there again. The mentality of blaming ONLY government for our adversity should be enough, you and I have a part to play in Making Nigeria a great Nation.
Hope you don't take and give bribe?
Hope you don't dump refuse anywhere?
Hope you don't litter our roads with bottle, can of drinks and such?
Hope you don't criticise Government base on political, tribal sentiment but patriotism based?
Hope you don't defend corrupt officials either related or not?
Hope you observe and comport yourself in accordance with the law of our land?
Hope you.................?
If we keep doing what is right, it isn't a rocket science that we'll get to promise Land days to come!
God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria[/s]

Flawed arguments
1. In a defective or makeshift country it is impossible to have patriotism. You don’t, and cannot sacrifice anything for a place that is not a nation. For a crazily, monumentally dishomogenous country like Nigeria.
2. The leaders and people will loot and “corrupt” because nobody FEELS the construct/country
3. Not everybody identifies as Nigerian
Most importantly, as a result of all of the above, everybody CANNOT all do right. It is impossible
Thanks
(I struck out your own post for emphasis)

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by dainformant(m): 8:25pm On Mar 31, 2020
Different strokes for different folks. Your experience is different from mine. Laugh all you want..it's a free world.
Focusingmore:

I have lived in Ireland for 22 years bra, your story is fake, my Irish partner and myself are here laughing our heads off.

Ireland is a shit hole , no jobs , small minded people...

Infrastructure is good but old, boring place to live.

Looks like you live in Castletroy.

Maybe you are new that's why everything looks impressive to you

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by LivingSage: 8:26pm On Mar 31, 2020
Okay, let's start training the mindset of the Young ones(leaders of tomorrow) on being patriotic (doing right thing) is a necessity so that once they assumes position of authority, they won't misbehave. We can't be going like this nah!
shadeyinka:

On paper yes!
On practicability, IMPOSSIBLE!!

If the engine and transmission is faulty,there is no amount of new tires, new seats, new steering, clean body will make a care move.

It took only one man Adolf Hitler to steer the whole of Germany into destruction. Your advice is like saying if ALL the citizens of Germany say NO to war, Hitler would not have succeeded.

BUT IS THIS POSSIBLE?

If the leadership is right, the whole country would be headed in the right direction. If the leadership is wrong, nothing will work!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by udoka55555: 8:26pm On Mar 31, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Every other country is fumigating her country.

Since we are locked in, can Nigerian Government fumigate this country, even if it is going to be otapiapia

Nwannem iji okwu.....riaria ka njo
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by ecclize: 8:27pm On Mar 31, 2020
LivingSage:
If they had called their country God forsaken, they themselves and their parents did not made one or two sacrifice for their country, you won't be dreaming of going there again. The mentality of blaming ONLY government for our adversity should be enough, you and I have a part to play in Making Nigeria a great Nation.
Hope you don't criticise Government base on political, tribal sentiment but patriotism based?
If we keep doing what is right, it isn't a rocket science that we'll get to promise Land days to come!
God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria
[s][/s]
STFU

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by franugo(m): 8:27pm On Mar 31, 2020
Focusingmore:

He's a bloody liar , making Nigerians feel worthless by posting rubbish.

I am also in Limerick, but let me not expose him

Expose na baba

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by LivingSage: 8:28pm On Mar 31, 2020
Should we now CONTINUE LIKE THIS?
merahki:

Flawed arguments
1. In a defective or makeshift country it is impossible to have patriotism. You don’t, and cannot sacrifice anything for a place that is not a nation. For a crazily, monumentally dishomogenous country like Nigeria.
2. The leaders and people will loot and “corrupt” because nobody FEELS the construct/country
3. Not everybody identifies as Nigerian
Most importantly, as a result of all of the above, everybody CANNOT all do right. It is impossible
Thanks
(I struck out your own post for emphasis)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by bionixs: 8:28pm On Mar 31, 2020
nextstep:

Atheism and science do not have all the answers, as new discoveries and understandings are made all the time. However, I will venture to say this: they have done far more good for humanity in the long run than all religions. Atheism frees people from seeking fantasy answers to phenomena that have a logical - even though not understood - explanation.

By that I mean, once you stop blaming the supernatural for diseases, you can spend more time thinking about theories and inventing equipment that lead to things like the discovery of bacteria, and of penicillin.

The existence of God may yet be proven or disproven - just because one doesn't believe, does not mean there's no God. And the converse is true, just because one believes, does not mean there's a God.
those who have address are shedding tears ,presidents, reputable world leaders are calling on GOD to even help scientists find solution.If I may ask, who are you,please??

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by LivingSage: 8:29pm On Mar 31, 2020
Nothing is there
ecclize:

STFU

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by franugo(m): 8:29pm On Mar 31, 2020
Focusingmore:

Abeg shattap, I'm also here , I know Ireland is a shit hole.

Are you saying there's no 350euro per week or what exactly?

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Focusingmore: 8:30pm On Mar 31, 2020
gambia:

Expose him as in? Naija people sha! Shey he has exposed you by posting the write up with pictures, please go ahead and expose him. WE ARE WAITING

He's full of shit , Ireland is tough .. come and see people living on the dole here, they look shit.

Most Nigerians are doing shitty jobs , a lot are in refugee camps.

He's painting the picture of a paradise that doesn't exist. Even Irish people are struggling with increasing rents.

I won't say more , continue deceiving yourselves

9 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Mizwisdom(f): 8:30pm On Mar 31, 2020
franchasng:
why do you Nigerians enjoy suffering and smiling

That there is a global pandemic that have shutdown all industries and sectors of the economy all over the world, and responsible governments are devising means to compensate their citizens to ensure they don't feel the impact of the forced government order for citizens to stay at home...and they decided to pay people to enable them take care of their needs and here you are calling it laziness and indirectly mocking the programme.....no wonder Nigeria and black nations are where they are today, shame this is coming from a youth, a lady at that cry cry

I'm just letting you know that the money they are going to pay is generated from tax. If 30 - 40% of your salary is cut for tax I know you won't be happy but that's the source of the free money they are sharing

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 31, 2020
LivingSage:
[s]Yeah, I strike your post because you're not patriotic enough[/s].
[s][/s]

You don’t force patriotism. Love is a natural law, and when it’s not there, it, and it’s offshoots like patriotism just cannot exist.
Thanks
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by deltateam: 8:31pm On Mar 31, 2020
dainformant:
My experience in Ireland so far has been trailed with mixed feelings due to the coronavirus. The country is experiencing its worst ever pandemic - with nearly 3000 confirmed cases of the virus and 54 deaths recorded. The government has ordered a lockdown for some months to curb the spread and minimize the effect of the virus in the European country.

The nationwide lockdown has left the country’s public spaces hushed and deserted amid overwhelming public support for extreme measures to control the pandemic. Dublin city and other usually bustling urban centres are now like ghost towns..

In my area in Limerick city, the vast majority of the population appear to be following appeals to stay at home except to buy food, care for vulnerable people, do work deemed essential or briefly exercise.

The government has taken a very good measure to cushion the effect of the pandemic on its residents. Residents whose jobs and businesses closed due to coronavirus are being paid 350 euro PER WEEK. Those enjoying this benefit include Nigerians and other nationalities (both students and workers) who are living in the country. Many Nigerians received their alerts today being Tuesday and were greatly overjoyed.. People are being paid to stay at home and be safe. The payment will go on for 12 weeks...that's 3 months. Just chill at home and get paid.

€350 X N420 (about N147,000) per week.
€1400 X N420 (about 588,000) per month.

Monthly rent is €325 while €50-€70 (depending on your spending capability) can go for groceries for the month. This only happens in civilized countries where the government take good care of their people.

That's what I call a sane country.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Focusingmore: 8:32pm On Mar 31, 2020
franugo:

Are you saying there's no 350euro per week or what exactly?

The 350 euro is useless and nor everyone can get it .. some are means tested depending on how you are set up.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Coronavirus1: 8:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
Garrieveryday:
China should be sued for this world calamity
To deal with China all their goods should be boycotted and all his citizens deported from all over the world. They will feel the heat

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Meedon: 8:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Golden057(m): 8:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
stupidity:
Today I witnessed the most bizarre of stupidity in the history of Nigeria.

You tell people to stay indoors to help fight disease spread, you tell this same people to come out and line up in queue to receive one “derica” cup of rice each. What if that person one way contacts the disease he or she is avoiding because of our leader’s stupidity and take it home to share to families?

I was in shock mhen........ I shar know this Coro nor fit kill me. I can’t die now. grin

If una like make una use stupidity spread am well.

Pls where is that and who is shared it?
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 8:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
ConnectedMan:
400k per month just to sit down at home? That's some people's annual salary over here o. I don't know what I did in heaven that God punished me by sending me to Nigeria. sad

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) by ZombiePUNISHER: 8:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
LivingSage:
If they had called their country God forsaken, they themselves and their parents did not made one or two sacrifice for their country, you won't be dreaming of going there again. The mentality of blaming ONLY government for our adversity should be enough, you and I have a part to play in Making Nigeria a great Nation.
God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria
[s][/s]

God cannot bless evil
Nigeria is a land of injustice and evil

You are right though about not blaming the government alone...
I also blame the people
They queue up under hot sun to vote for those who live by looting the treasury dry
Look at the current president... An illiterate cow rearer who knows nothing about governance...

Shame on this country

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

See The Chinese Bullet Trains That Can Travel Betw. Lagos & Abuja & Back In 5hrs / Pictures Of Rock With Human Face In Kwara / Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.