Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,122 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus (1739 Views)

Coronavirus: 15 Imams Arrested In Kano For Defying Lockdown Order / Coronavirus: Islamic Way Of Preventing The Spread Of The Virus / Why Do Security Accompany The Imams In The Haramain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by abduljabbar4(m): 10:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
Note: this thread was made in response to the bigots that have been disturbing the cyber space since morning today.

I have noticed that so many of our Christian brothers have been attacking our religious leaders and asking why they are yet to make any donations.

You should understand that the church and the mosque work in different ways. A Muslim can enter any mosque in the world without any fees.

Secondly, our Imams do not force Muslims to give out 10% of their hard earned money just to fund their lavish lifestyle.Our imams do not accuse us of robbing Allah for not giving them money. This is why no Imam owns a private jet in Nigeria. Their only sources of income are their labor's, businesses (if they can afford to own one), and voluntary donations by Muslims. I have even heard that some churches are now collecting money online AT THIS CRITICAL TIME.

Thirdly, unlike what churches do with tithes, Allah firmly instructs RICH Muslims to only give out money to the poor, the needy, the new converts, the debtors, the travellers and so on. This way, one doesn't end up sleeping with hunger just to satisfy the needs of pastors.

Thank you very much

6 Likes

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by Nexus25(f): 10:54pm On Mar 31, 2020
Better to keep quite than this hogwash you're feeding us with.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by Franzinni: 10:58pm On Mar 31, 2020
Bros nah mess you dey mess so oh.. No be better talk.. The donations Christians are making is it for only Christians? Is it not the 10% that they are still showering on the Muslims ? Be grateful and not sound like those giving are fools ... I know most imams don't have lots of cash to throw around but haba ..don't make it sound like us vs them brother ! For the record I don't follow any religion I only love and learn from my only true friend and their name is GOD!

10 Likes

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by tamdun: 10:59pm On Mar 31, 2020
Don't blame imams, they don't collect tithe moreover we have Muslims donating 100s of million

3 Likes

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by imam07: 11:05pm On Mar 31, 2020
abduljabbar4:
I have noticed that so many of our Christian brothers have been attacking our religious leaders and asking why they are yet to make any donations.

You should understand that the church and the mosque work in different ways. A Muslim can enter any mosque in the world without any fees.

Secondly, our Imams do not force Muslims to give out 10% of their hard earned money just to fund their lavish lifestyle.Our imams do not accuse us of robbing Allah for not giving them money. This is why no Imam owns a private jet in Nigeria. Their only sources of income are their labor's, businesses (if they can afford to own one), and voluntary donations by Muslims.

Thirdly, unlike what churches do with tithes, Allah firmly instructs RICH Muslims to only give out money to the poor, the needy, the new converts, the debtors, the travellers and so on. This way, one doesn't end up sleeping with hunger just to satisfy the needs of pastors.

Thank you very much
You will be next on line to be coronavirus positive with this rubbish u just post. So I never attend Muslim programs and see how alfas dey demand for money. Your imams dey collect money from followers but they are all stingy to give out.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by abduljabbar4(m): 11:08pm On Mar 31, 2020
Nexus25:
Better to keep quite than this hogwash you're feeding us with.

Kindly be more specific

1 Like

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by abduljabbar4(m): 11:10pm On Mar 31, 2020
imam07:
You will be next on line to be coronavirus positive with this rubbish u just post. So I never attend Muslim programs and see how alfas dey demand for money. Your imams dey collect money from followers but they are all stingy to give out.

The truth stabs into the hearts of the guilty like a spear. Do the alphas demand for money or beg for them? There is a difference between asking for something and telling someone to either give or go to hell

1 Like

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by abduljabbar4(m): 11:13pm On Mar 31, 2020
Franzinni:
Bros nah mess you dey mess so oh.. No be better talk.. The donations Christians are making is it for only Christians? Is it not the 10% that they are still showering on the Muslims ? Be grateful and not sound like those giving are fools ... I know most imams don't have lots of cash to throw around but haba ..don't make it sound like us vs them brother ! For the record I don't follow any religion I only love and learn from my only true friend and their name is GOD!

This thread is not meant to belittle any religion. You were on the other thread conniving with the op to bash imams for not making donations so don't try to sound righteous. I appreciate donations from people regardless of religion. No one forced any of them to make donations but if you guys want to turn it into a 1 vs1 thing, then we can go on

4 Likes

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by Miracle1991: 11:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
No offering or tithes in the mosque

1 Like

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by Franzinni: 11:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
abduljabbar4:

This thread is not meant to belittle any religion. You were on the other thread conniving with the op to bash imams for not making donations so don't try to sound righteous. I appreciate donations from people regardless of religion. No one forced any of them to make donations but if you guys want to turn it into a 1 vs1 thing, then we can go on
please can you show the thread where I was bashing imams and I will stand corrected ... I even defended Muslims .. Even pointing out that dangote is Muslim and he donated 1 billion haba aboki Na ya ka Na magana haka?

1 Like

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by Enskynelson(m): 11:20pm On Mar 31, 2020
So, you must own a private jet before you give out something? No one is saying what the Imams brought is so small. They are saying let them give out in support of fight against Covid-19.
Out of their labour like you said, they can give something. God is not interested in how large but how large as compared to what you have.

2 Likes

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by bestpunterever: 11:21pm On Mar 31, 2020
Pastors are theives, have gone to a church programme where pastor were saying if you want all your prayer this year to be accepted this month, I need 10 people to come out with 50K, after like 10 people came out, the pastor said God said if you have 40k come out, until they got to people with 500 naira.
chai! I fear those people.

5 Likes

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by abduljabbar4(m): 11:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
Franzinni:
please can you show the thread where I was bashing imams and I will stand corrected ... I even defended Muslims .. Even pointing out that dangote is Muslim and he donated 1 billion haba aboki Na ya ka Na magana haka?

I got the monkers mixed up. My apologies

1 Like

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:24pm On Mar 31, 2020
Franzinni:
Lol him Neva mess finish? e still dey mess dey go. grin

Broda what is mess in hausa
Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by abduljabbar4(m): 11:25pm On Mar 31, 2020
Enskynelson:
So, you must own a private jet before you give out something? No one is saying what the Imams brought is so small. They are saying let them give out in support of fight against Covid-19.
Out of their labour like you said, they can give something. God is not interested in how large but how large as compared to what you have.

What you guys need to understand is that there is no need to classify people. Muslims have been making donations all over but why concentrate on the imams just because pastors have been dropping major donations (which is highly commendable).
Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by abduljabbar4(m): 11:34pm On Mar 31, 2020
bestpunterever:
Pastors are theives, have gone to a church programme where pastor were saying if you want all your prayer this year to be accepted this month, I need 10 people to come out with 50K, after like 10 people came out, the pastor said God said if you have 40k come out, until they got to people with 500 naira.
chai! I fear those people.

Online payment is already in effect now. At this perilous period
Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by Ezemust: 11:39pm On Mar 31, 2020
abduljabbar4:

The truth stabs into the hearts of the guilty like a spear. Do the alphas demand for money or beg for them? There is a difference between asking for something and telling someone to either give or go to hell
rubbish and ingridient.i was the youth presido of my church for 3yrs without giving offering nd tithes.i only contribut levyed money 4 d church project.it was a matter of prinsiple.nobody forces u to pay offering or tithe.tithe is just a biblical obligation.its not a must

2 Likes

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by Zinoly: 11:39pm On Mar 31, 2020
Waiting for
Nasfat,
Ansar Ud Deen and co donation.

If na to legalize sharia law in south they will all donate heavily.

5 Likes

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by Built2last: 11:44pm On Mar 31, 2020
The Unwanted Federal Donor

You donate cash to the federal government to help fight the Coronavirus, right? Great!

Did the federal government inform you they didn't have sufficient funds?
Have you asked them to give account of the hundreds of billions expropriated for healthcare all these years?

You and I know that whatever goea into their pockets disappears but you chose to donate to them! Well, I believe you didn't really donate to fight the Coronavirus but to secure your position with the federal government! Don't insult our intelligence with 'I donate this to the FG to fight COVID-19'. What in tarnation are you smoking?

If you wanna really help with funds to help fight the Coronavirus, go to your state, speak with your governor, select a general hospital, upgrade it with the best equipment and the best medical practitioners, help them set up a medical database centre too, then massively help test your people... and treat those that might have been infected!

...or donate directly to the states doing the actual job!

Those that pretend to give to the federal government to fight Coronavirus are either insulting our intelligence, or surprisingly stupid! Yes, the federal government would recognize them and compensate them with favours later, but those donations have nothing to do with the Coronavirus! You may donate to the federal government all you want, but leave us out of it; we are not grateful. Thank you very much!

The biggest impact of such funds is at the state or regional level; those that donate to the federal government are absolutely ridiculous!

Cheers you all!

2 Likes

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by abduljabbar4(m): 11:48pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ezemust:
rubbish and ingridient.i was the youth presido of my church for 3yrs without giving offering nd tithes.i only contribut levyed money 4 d church project.it was a matter of prinsiple.nobody forces u to pay offering or tithe.tithe is just a biblical obligation.its not a must

There are always exceptions. Nobody said it's all the churches, just like how we have some minorities in Islam that engage in terrorism. That they dont pay tithe in your church does not mean that the Oyedopos, Suleiman and co don't collect it all the time.
Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by 2special(m): 11:52pm On Mar 31, 2020
So Christians do pay fees before they enter the church and no body will force you to pay tithes and offering... I have seen several situations where Alfas will be forcing people to give offering either during naming ceremony, wedding ceremony or during ramandan.

1 Like

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by Johntitus: 11:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
Small question everyone begin para. If you no get anything to yarn, comot from road.
Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by 2special(m): 11:58pm On Mar 31, 2020
You want to tell me that Akorede, sultan of Sokoto(your spiritual leader), that each of them can't afford to donate #500million

2 Likes

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by 2special(m): 12:01am On Apr 01, 2020
Apart from Wahab folawiyo and some few others that do donate.

1 Like

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by Ezemust: 12:02am On Apr 01, 2020
[quote aauthor=abduljabbar4 post=87973932]

There are always exceptions. Nobody said it's all the churches, just like how we have some minorities in Islam that engage in terrorism. That they dont pay tithe in your church does not mean that the Oyedopos, Suleiman and co don't collect it all the time. [/quote]there pay tithe in all church mr.man.it's biblical.it's a measure of ur faith,but no church ever force it member to do so.and for ur information, most churches keep account of every penny they earn.and it's public knowledge

1 Like

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by Nobody: 12:56am On Apr 01, 2020
Op, even though i agree the imans don't match their cleric counterpart let me correct you that it is none of your business or any Islamic terrorist concern on why imam counterparts are richer.

I say this because that is where the bowl of connection is with your rant
Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by abduljabbar4(m): 9:18am On Apr 01, 2020
Mikehot:
Op, even though i agree the imans don't match their cleric counterpart let me correct you that it is none of your business or any Islamic terrorist concern on why imam counterparts are richer.

I say this because that is where the bowl of connection is with your rant

You don't even know what you are typing. Read your post carefully and refer back to me if you think you are making sense in anyway. Meanwhile don't forget to pay your tithe via USSD

3 Likes

Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by abduljabbar4(m): 9:19am On Apr 01, 2020
2special:
You want to tell me that Akorede, sultan of Sokoto(your spiritual leader), that each of them can't afford to donate #500million

It's possible that he can't afford it. How much does the government pay them? Nobody gives Zakat to our imams unless they fall under one of the categories of people qualified to receive Zakat
Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by advocatejare(m): 1:34pm On Apr 01, 2020
abduljabbar4:
Note: this thread was made in response to the bigots that have been disturbing the cyber space since morning today.

Secondly, our Imams do not force Muslims to give out 10% of their hard earned money just to fund their lavish lifestyle.Our imams do not accuse us of robbing Allah for not giving them money. This is why no Imam owns a private jet in Nigeria. Their only sources of income are their labor's, businesses (if they can afford to own one), and voluntary donations by Muslims. I have even heard that some churches are now collecting money online AT THIS CRITICAL TIME.

Thank you very much
You forgot to add that your imams collect money from Saudi govt to spread Islam in Africa and to build Mosques. They can share that money naw

And the numerous owo adua that your imams collect at Nikkah, Naming ceremonies, Wolimat and the uncountable owo ope.

Let me give you an example
"Our father so and so has given N5000 to buy Alubarika for this child whose naming we're doing today" and many more

Your imams very greedy my friend, this is the time for them to come and help the needy and support the government and stop buying exotic cars for now.
Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by abduljabbar4(m): 10:03pm On Apr 01, 2020
advocatejare:

You forgot to add that your imams collect money from Saudi govt to spread Islam in Africa and to build Mosques. They can share that money naw

And the numerous owo adua that your imams collect at Nikkah, Naming ceremonies, Wolimat and the uncountable owo ope.

Let me give you an example
"Our father so and so has given N5000 to buy Alubarika for this child whose naming we're doing today" and many more

Your imams very greedy my friend, this is the time for them to come and help the needy and support the government and stop buying exotic cars for now.

1 Saudi paying imams to spread Islam? That sounds like a crazy conspiracy theory that could only be propagated by churches. We are dealing with facts here. It is well known that your pastors collect tithe and do not use the tithe to help poor people in any way. Kindly provide your evidence to show that Saudi Arabia pays imams

Okay, let's assume it is true that imams collect 5k for naming ceremonies. How many ceremonies does he get to hold in a month? If he gets up to 10, then it means he is getting 50k per month which is barely enough to sustain a family. Can you compare that with a church with at least one thousand members, and each member is threatened with hell and compelled to surrender 10% of his income. If his salary is 100k, he forfeits 10k. If his salary is just 30k, the greedy pastors would still go after his 3k. This is what greed means. Now that the country is on lockdown, our imams have kept quiet and devoted their lives to making prayers for solutions while your pastors are busy dropping series of failed prophesies and establishing ways to receive money online from the gullible followers. No imam can buy any exotic car with 50k. Even some of the greatest scholars we have in northern Nigeria drive very modest cars.
Re: Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus by advocatejare(m): 2:55pm On Apr 02, 2020
abduljabbar4:

1 Saudi paying imams to spread Islam? That sounds like a crazy conspiracy theory that could only be propagated by churches. We are dealing with facts here. It is well known that your pastors collect tithe and do not use the tithe to help poor people in any way. Kindly provide your evidence to show that Saudi Arabia pays imams

Okay, let's assume it is true that imams collect 5k for naming ceremonies. How many ceremonies does he get to hold in a month? If he gets up to 10, then it means he is getting 50k per month which is barely enough to sustain a family. Can you compare that with a church with at least one thousand members, and each member is threatened with hell and compelled to surrender 10% of his income. If his salary is 100k, he forfeits 10k. If his salary is just 30k, the greedy pastors would still go after his 3k. This is what greed means. Now that the country is on lockdown, our imams have kept quiet and devoted their lives to making prayers for solutions while your pastors are busy dropping series of failed prophesies and establishing ways to receive money online from the gullible followers. No imam can buy any exotic car with 50k. Even some of the greatest scholars we have in northern Nigeria drive very modest cars.
Mr defender so you didn't read or hear the news when Saudi govt got tired and said they will stop funding mosque in foreign countries?

That's to tell you that they had been doing it as part of their efforts at propagating Islam .

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20200125-saudi-arabia-to-stop-funding-mosques-in-foreign-countries/

Also, read about how rich Saudis are investing money to build mosques in Africa

https://en.qantara.de/content/africas-muslims-pawns-of-the-saudis

You said you agree that imams collect 5k in naming ceremonies, do you know how many Muslim naming ceremonies and weddings I've attended? Do they collect money from only one person or from everyone present?

What of all your imams doing jazz under the guise of prayers for politicians? Do you know the number of Alfas doing voodoo for yahoo boys. Go to Lagos, Ibadan, Ilorin and other part of the country and see them using big cars. They conduct Wolimat, Quran graduation ceremony and collect food, and plenty money from the parents of the child and those present. But you are here trying to tell us that they don't collect money. Dey deceive yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islamic Summit In Makkah-2012 / Muslims Pls Take Note / Miracle: Coconut With Arabic Sign..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.