Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres (18647 Views)

Dapo Abiodun Commissions Arepo-Journalists Estare Road, Links 42 Communities / Abiodun Commissions 130 Housing Units In Ogun (Photos) / Governor Dapo Abiodun Commissions 100 Vehicles And 200 Bikes For Security (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by arsenal33: 9:14am On Apr 01, 2020
libertyfather:
Why this forest? No place in the city to convert? At least it for the main time...or they want lion and tiger to troop out and chop quarantine pipu?
you must complain
Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by SEGLIZ: 9:44am On Apr 01, 2020
iammo:

am not the spokes person of any wretched people , am not by any chance poor, never depended on government for education from nursery 1 to final year, I don't use government hospital, I can power my own house for as long as I need to and not only can I afford a travel at any time I enjoy it from time to time visiting families

Now with that disclaimer let me speak for the poor

Government needs more citizen to get productive and must commit its resources to human capital development, china was the fastest country to go from poor back ward country to a rich sustainable country in just less than 30 years without oil money like UAE, what china did was to train and retrain its citizens, give adult education, send its citizen abroad to learn, and later forcefully ask the country to produce what it consumed till the quality and quantity of their production exceeded what they needed and they start exporting..

For any sustainable effort to diversify the economy this poor people must be looked at as national asset rather than a liability, as most are in their productive years, they need welfare packages similar to US food stamp to cater for food, they need homeless shelter, they need training centers and most especially easy access to single digit loans

thanks for this exposure but that illiterate forming educated might not understand this as being intoxicated by the stolen wealth he inherited for his rogue parent.
if he worked his way to wealth he would have known how to appreciate a struggling poor man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by Bullet01(f): 9:55am On Apr 01, 2020
AdedoyinO:

The building used was built by the previous administration but was not put to it's intended use. So the governor just probably made some finishing touches and bought medical equipment.

Ok. That's cool then. I will advise him to convert it to hospital after this Corona wahala.
Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by MusaChukwudi: 9:58am On Apr 01, 2020
iammo:

am not the spokes person of any wretched people , am not by any chance poor, never depended on government for education from nursery 1 to final year, I don't use government hospital, I can power my own house for as long as I need to and not only can I afford a travel at any time I enjoy it from time to time visiting families

Now with that disclaimer let me speak for the poor

Government needs more citizen to get productive and must commit its resources to human capital development, china was the fastest country to go from poor back ward country to a rich sustainable country in just less than 30 years without oil money like UAE, what china did was to train and retrain its citizens, give adult education, send its citizen abroad to learn, and later forcefully ask the country to produce what it consumed till the quality and quantity of their production exceeded what they needed and they start exporting..

For any sustainable effort to diversify the economy this poor people must be looked at as national asset rather than a liability, as most are in their productive years, they need welfare packages similar to US food stamp to cater for food, they need homeless shelter, they need training centers and most especially easy access to single digit loans

And you didn't mention the very FIRST thing China did to start changing its destiny? It enforced a very strict 1 child policy. To remove the burden of too many poor people on the system.

As per your last paragraph, please calm down think this through before you answer. Where and how do you expect the FG to fund these?
Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by MusaChukwudi: 10:17am On Apr 01, 2020
SEGLIZ:

thanks for this exposure but that illiterate forming educated might not understand this as being intoxicated by the stolen wealth he inherited for his rogue parent.
if he worked his way to wealth he would have known how to appreciate a struggling poor man.

I am not an illiterate. I am an accomplished financial and systems expert with a very deep knowledge of public administration and policy implementation.

Let us be real and frank with ourselves. Nigeria has all these lofty policies and these policies have been in the FG's economic plans since the 60s BUT..........implementation has proved very very difficult because of the NIGERIAN FACTOR.

We the people are generally lawless, chaotic, insincere, dishonest, fraudulent, cheating, lazy etc etc. We cannot even implement simple population control measures. The reality is Nigeria will not get better without some harsh policies starting with population control, ban on importation, enforced ban on using imported product, government to force all unemployed persons back to the farm, so nobody should sit around doing nothing, zero stealing of government money, zero tolerance of showoff living in society, every living soul registered to pay tax etc etc......

We need to take very DRASTIC actions including forcefully taking money from the rich to further the government's programmes.

As it is we are heading to the abyss!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by iammo(m): 10:33am On Apr 01, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

And you didn't mention the very FIRST thing China did to start changing its destiny? It enforced a very strict 1 child policy. To remove the burden of too many poor people on the system.

As per your last paragraph, please calm down think this through before you answer. Where and how do you expect the FG to fund these?

China is over a billion, Nigeria is just 200 million one child policy isn't needed here Brazil is doing fine with more population, same with US , China

to the last point, I will make estimates based on parameters listed to drive my financing method for a revolving loan to uplift the poor as practiced by India
*Our income from crude sales 2milion barrel per day
*UN report of Nigerian 100 million poor,
*Assumption that Nigeria has Children , Adult and Elderly in equal propotion so 1/3 of Nigeria are withing the bracket of people who can work
*Using Last Month FAAC meeting shared allocation of 560billion naira to the 3 tiers of government FG SG and LGA
*Startup seed of 300k
*Debt to GDP rate of 21.8%
*Chinese Exim bank intrest rate of 3%

so if we have 100m poor we can safely assume 1/3 of this are adults which is Aprox 34 million people, out of this class of people we have skilled and unskilled so ultimately about half needs training and half need startup loans.. this leaves us with 17million people who immediately need startup fund
300k for 17 million is 5.1 trillion or $13 billion USD, already buhari is trying to borrow almost 30 billion USD for infrastructure from china, adding $13billion summing up to $43billion wouldn't be bad.. If buhari lends $13billion at 3% from china he can make the loan avalaible for jobless skilled youth at 5% percent, and ask people to submit proposals of what they can produce or manufacture out of the numerious things we Import in daily from agriculture, to cosmetics, to soaps, to beverages, milk paste etc and make the loan tenure a year and rather than hand off cash, need Equipments would be purchased for them from the same china, and raw material sourced locally so the economy can absorb the money

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by abeeceebee: 10:41am On Apr 01, 2020
libertyfather:
Why this forest? No place in the city to convert? At least it for the main time...or they want lion and tiger to troop out and chop quarantine pipu?
Must you comment on every thing? If you had given out your father's hut in your bush village maybe they would have done it otherwise. Since you lack the the knowledge to give good comment, then shut up or put your phone in silence (WAKA PASS). ODE

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by McPolomy(m): 10:53am On Apr 01, 2020
seunny4lif:
So, our leaders can build something fast like this and yet they refused to do until Coronavirus show

If you were told so, should you not argue it out with the person that told you....

Those buildings were parts of the 21 models school built by the immediate past Governor of the state Senator Ibikunle Amount FCA , completed and ready for use.
Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by SEGLIZ: 10:58am On Apr 01, 2020
Bullet01:

Ok. That's cool then. I will advise him to convert it to hospital after this Corona wahala.

why convert it to hospital.
Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by orney(f): 11:06am On Apr 01, 2020
Thanks to former Gov Ibikunle Amosun for building those structuree meant to the used for schools.Those structures have been lying waste since 3 years ago only to be converted to isolation centres now
Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by slimfit1(m): 11:29am On Apr 01, 2020
McPolomy:

If you were told so, should you not argue it out with the person that told you....

Those buildings were parts of the 21 models school built by the immediate past Governor of the state Senator Ibikunle Amount FCA , completed and ready for use.

Ogun and Oyo state governors are the worst governors I've ever seen. Buying just beds as the only equipment you might as well turn it to an hotel.
Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by slimfit1(m): 11:35am On Apr 01, 2020
abeeceebee:
Must you comment on every thing? If you had given out your father's hut in your bush village maybe they would have done it otherwise. Since you lack the the knowledge to give good comment, then shut up or put your phone in silence (WAKA PASS). ODE

He is right, how on earth would you build such a thing in the middle of a forest, because they say isolation does not mean out of the world. Do you know how many isolation rooms are in modern hospitals? Look at this one if complications develop then you start planning to move the patient to an hospital far away.
Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by seunny4lif(m): 11:50am On Apr 01, 2020
angry
I swear the thing taya me
Our leaders are just to greed and selfish
McPolomy:

Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by helen4(f): 11:53am On Apr 01, 2020
libertyfather:
That place is the boundary between Ikenne and Sagamu which approximately is 15 - 20 minutes drive from each town.
Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by libertyfather(m): 12:40pm On Apr 01, 2020
abeeceebee:

Fool
Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by libertyfather(m): 12:43pm On Apr 01, 2020
olawonder:

Isolation Centre ought to be located at isolated area, don’t you think? Purpose is to curtail virus... abi you can’t think at all ni?

I can think sir, considering how it's done in other nations and other states here
Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by MusaChukwudi: 1:53pm On Apr 01, 2020
iammo:

China is over a billion, Nigeria is just 200 million one child policy isn't needed here Brazil is doing fine with more population, same with US , China

to the last point, I will make estimates based on parameters listed to drive my financing method for a revolving loan to uplift the poor as practiced by India
*Assumption that Nigeria has Children , Adult and Elderly in equal propotion so 1/3 of Nigeria are withing the bracket of people who can work
*Using Last Month FAAC meeting shared allocation of 560billion naira to the 3 tiers of government FG SG and LGA
*Startup seed of 300k

so if we have 100m poor we can safely assume 1/3 of this are adults which is Aprox 34 million people, out of this class of people we have skilled and unskilled so ultimately about half needs training and half need startup loans.. this leaves us with 17million people who immediately need startup fund
300k for 17 million is 5.1 trillion or $13 billion USD, already buhari is trying to borrow almost 30 billion USD for infrastructure from china, adding $13billion summing up to $43billion wouldn't be bad.. If buhari lends $13billion at 3% from china he can make the loan avalaible for jobless skilled youth at 5% percent, and ask people to submit proposals of what they can produce or manufacture out of the numerious things we Import in daily from agriculture, to cosmetics, to soaps, to beverages, milk paste etc and make the loan tenure a year and rather than hand off cash, need Equipments would be purchased for them from the same china, and raw material sourced locally so the economy can absorb the money

First, let me thank you for raising the quality of this debate. What you have written is very impressive and I thank you for that.
There are some issues to consider though such as:
a, getting $13b loan for cash disbursement to 17m Nija people - not sure any foreign bank will accede to that. In fact the only loans available to us are infrastructural/development loans which usually 3-way loans with direct payment by the bank to the contractor (Chinese contractor who will deliver the project to the Bank not FG!)
b, I don't think we can pump N5.1 trillion into circulation in Nigeria without bringing the house down with crazy inflation. The same poor people will see their 300k disappear(!) without any impact or change in their lives. Most of them would not have seen N300k in their whole life - hence no guarantee that they will competently manage the funds well.
Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by MusaChukwudi: 2:45pm On Apr 01, 2020
iammo:

*Startup seed of 300k

Brazil, US and China you say have large populations and doing fine. Are you comparing these countries with Nigeria?!

Can you please check their GDP, manufacturing output in their economy and the per capita income. We are full of wretched people that require a massive effort and change in orientation to become useful.

I am just pointing out that there is no basis for comparison. However you may have a stronger point so I am happy to listen to you.
Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by iammo(m): 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

Brazil, US and China you say have large populations and doing fine. Are you comparing these countries with Nigeria?!

Can you please check their GDP, manufacturing output in their economy and the per capita income. We are full of wretched people that require a massive effort and change in orientation to become useful.

I am just pointing out that there is no basis for comparison. However you may have a stronger point so I am happy to listen to you.

no basis for comparison tho and I must say I get your point on the poor people entitlement mentality which we must correct, but am just using them to sell the point that if Nigeria try to leverage on our population or possible work force , credit worthiness, National asset we can get more developmental loan like Brazil , US , China ,,.. US debt to GDP 104.17% US national debt $23 trillion Brazil debt to 82.00 percent Brazil national debt 574.3 USD bn China Debt to Gdp 51 percent China US$ 5.2 trillion

we can capture so much market, up our GDP and Manufacturing index, if we make the investment and to make that investment we need loan and credit, leveraging on National asset being looted and when we get products we tax it accordingly..

China EXIM is now a rogue financial instituition and would lend to even North korea if it has asset worth far more than the loan, we have our own chance to do something with the loan
Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by MusaChukwudi: 5:11pm On Apr 01, 2020
iammo:

no basis for comparison tho and I must say I get your point on the poor people entitlement mentality which we must correct, but am just using them to sell the point that if Nigeria try to leverage on our population or possible work force , credit worthiness, National asset we can get more developmental loan like Brazil , US , China ,,.. US debt to GDP 104.17% US national debt $23 trillion Brazil debt to 82.00 percent Brazil national debt 574.3 USD bn China Debt to Gdp 51 percent China US$ 5.2 trillion

we can capture so much market, up our GDP and Manufacturing index, if we make the investment and to make that investment we need loan and credit, leveraging on National asset being looted and when we get products we tax it accordingly..

China EXIM is now a rogue financial instituition and would lend to even North korea if it has asset worth far more than the loan, we have our own chance to do something with the loan

Ok please respond to my other post. I am rather worried that you are kind of over optimistic.
Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by iammo(m): 5:28pm On Apr 01, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

First, let me thank you for raising the quality of this debate. What you have written is very impressive and I thank you for that.
There are some issues to consider though such as:
a, getting $13b loan for cash disbursement to 17m Nija people - not sure any foreign bank will accede to that. In fact the only loans available to us are infrastructural/development loans which usually 3-way loans with direct payment by the bank to the contractor (Chinese contractor who will deliver the project to the Bank not FG!)
b, I don't think we can pump N5.1 trillion into circulation in Nigeria without bringing the house down with crazy inflation. The same poor people will see their 300k disappear(!) without any impact or change in their lives. Most of them would not have seen N300k in their whole life - hence no guarantee that they will competently manage the funds well.
your first doubt

China Exim would they have track history of beign a loan shark, so long we have strategic asset... many of our oil well sell well and we have 48 billion barrel crude reserve, we have heavy uranium deposit in northeast (sambisa) and should we intensify our effort we can get it, Enugu has coal, ogun has lime stone, rivers has LNG.. this are viable collateral that a Chinese can never afford to avoid

N5.1 trn isn't going to our economy alone, I stated it we need tools, equipment , and raw material, smes pre owned by government.. and Government should never pay anybody but make the accusation in FG name until youths can pay back in full with profitable intrest... one fact is an industrialy can work anybody no matter who you think you are and we can do that to get real result...
Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by MusaChukwudi: 8:33pm On Apr 01, 2020
iammo:

your first doubt

China Exim would they have track history of beign a loan shark, so long we have strategic asset... many of our oil well sell well and we have 48 billion barrel crude reserve, we have heavy uranium deposit in northeast (sambisa) and should we intensify our effort we can get it, Enugu has coal, ogun has lime stone, rivers has LNG.. this are viable collateral that a Chinese can never afford to avoid

N5.1 trn isn't going to our economy alone, I stated it we need tools, equipment , and raw material, smes pre owned by government.. and Government should never pay anybody but make the accusation in FG name until youths can pay back in full with profitable intrest... one fact is an industrialy can work anybody no matter who you think you are and we can do that to get real result...

Ha ha! Please permit me to express my opinion of you based on your post. Your 1st point about collateralising available natural resources/national asset, I think you are dangerously optimistic, and a little naive and deeply inexperienced in financial capital lending/public policy matters. You are willing to mortgage these assets for immediate cash shocked in the hands of 17m people who have no track record or the proven discipline ability to manage the money. Like I said no Banking institution will be that foolish to risk its US $13,000million in the hands of 17m illiterate lawless indisciplined people of Nigeria. No bank! Not even Nigerian banks will take such a crazy risk.

On the 2nd point, do you really believe we have a disciplined SOCIETY and SYSTEM to operate this your scheme? A country like Nija will make a mess and will put the banks money at risk. You are too optimistic.
Kind regards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by Nigeriapen(m): 10:31pm On Apr 01, 2020
WATCH MAN SLAPPING A SOLDIER WHO PUNISH HIM FOR LOCKDOWN ORDER VIOLATION.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdeci2Ot-f0&t=13s
Re: COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres by Successkay12(m): 12:23am On Apr 02, 2020
[b][/b
libertyfather:

Smile

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House / Gulak Declares Himself PDP Chairman - Punch News / Ikpeazu & Ogar: Confusion In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.