Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

When God Visits You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When God Visits You (4036 Views)

Rev. Father Mbaka Visits Buhari And Osinbajo (Photos) / Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / How Do You Know When God Speaks To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When God Visits You by inedi: 10:02am On Dec 30, 2010
Many people totay are in dire need of change which only God could handle. They've probably heard about how God showed up in some other person's situation, and this makes them wonder, What about me?' 'when will God ever meet my need? But God is real and he does visit. God is ominipresent; His presence fills everywere; yet He does come and go, in spite of His manifested presence is everywhere. so God does visit. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
John 1:10-11 (KJV)
[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: When God Visits You by inedi: 10:39am On Dec 30, 2010
God visited His people in the person of His son, but they didn't recognize Him when he comes. One of the reasons many people don't recognize the presence of God. That is because they haven't realized that His presence is more than feeling. This will always happen when they live their lives in someone else' experience rather than the word of God. Another reason is that many don't know how to responed to the presence of God. They may be saved and filled with the Holy Spirit, but still unable to respond to the presence of God because they're not acquinted with His personality. When you recognize the presence of God and know how to respond to Him when He visits, you will be able to get the power of God to work for yopu. But if to recognize and properly respond to Him, His power won,t do any good. Does God always come with a loud noise? Must a bush burn to indicat His presence? Does He come at any invitation or does He suddenly come? Will He ever visit me, or has He visited and i didn't know it? Do i have any part to play in God visiting me? These are some of the questions that have filled the heart of many. Let's look through the Word of God and take examples from the lives of men and women who were able to take advantage of God's visitation to receive their healing, find solution to their problems and move their lives up[ to a higher level.

1 Like

Re: When God Visits You by Jenwitemi(m): 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2010
Rubbish! God does not visit anyone because God is with everyone at all times. Visit ko. . .
Re: When God Visits You by Ymodulus: 4:56pm On Dec 30, 2010
Another lunatic poster again. Well poster God visits no one, he sees nothing, by going with your belief of god been every that means your god is where people engage themselves in prostitution and others.
Re: When God Visits You by Image123(m): 5:20pm On Dec 30, 2010
Jenwit and Ymod
I unerrtand it's in your nature but You don't have to be a nuisance. You could just leave the OP'S message for those it'll impact.
Re: When God Visits You by Jenwitemi(m): 5:38pm On Dec 30, 2010
It is in my nature to point out outright lies whenever and wherever i see them. That's my nature. And this one here is a big lie, so i point it out. I understand that you, image, prefer lies and the propagation of them, but there are still those who will rather they are told the truth.
Image123:

Jenwit and Ymod
I unerrtand it's in your nature but You don't have to be a nuisance. You could just leave the OP'S message for those it'll impact.
Re: When God Visits You by Ymodulus: 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2010
Jenwitemi:

It is in my nature to point out outright lies whenever and wherever i see them. That's my nature. And this one here is a big lie, so i point it out. I understand that you, image, prefer lies and the propagation of them, but there are still those who will rather they are told the truth.
Re: When God Visits You by inedi: 9:46pm On Dec 30, 2010
Ymodulus:

Another lunatic poster again. Well poster God visits no one, he sees nothing, by going with your belief of god been every that means your god is where people engage themselves in prostitution and others.
well this post is for those that will be blessed by it, and i most tell you the truth God does realy visits, and he is every were to, the bible lets us know that Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field. 45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: 46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
Matt 13:44-46 (KJV)
God paid for the whole people on the face of the earth, and that is why he asked h the is desiples to preach the gospel to the bound of earth. God is every were that is why prostitute, armed robbers , etc can get saved were ever the are because God has visited them.
Re: When God Visits You by Ymodulus: 4:24am On Dec 31, 2010
My friend your god is no where, if he is every where why dont he save his faithfull ones when they are about dieing. Why is it people suffer , innocent souls die of no meaningfull fault. In all this your god still exist?
Re: When God Visits You by Joagbaje(m): 6:39am On Dec 31, 2010
^^^^
Ymodulus:

My friend your god is no where, if he is every where why dont he save his faithfull ones when they are about dieing. Why is it people suffer , innocent souls die of no meaningfull fault. In all this your god still exist?

The devil is the agent of destruction . God has delivered many from his hand. Faith in God is the deliverance .The just shall live by his faith. God has delivered us from the enemy but he wont be able to deliver you when your own trouble comes as long as you refuse to acknowledge God.

Psalms 14:1
1 The fool hath said in his heart,[ There is] no God. . . .
Re: When God Visits You by Rousseau: 7:06am On Dec 31, 2010
God exists and he created the world, but he does not interfere with His creations. You can view God as the great “clockmaker” who created the clock, wound it up, and let it go. I have come to the conclusion that we can be closer to God through nature. Whenever, I am alone in a forest, I feel closer to God. It is in this solitude is where God allows me to know that he is there watching, but not interfering.
Re: When God Visits You by cemehere: 7:26am On Dec 31, 2010
God lives in every man's life, must especially the christian. But He visit us specifically when we give him the room to do so. God is to you who you take him to be, this is the reason why many christian experience dryness. God visit every man through a specific challenge or through an atmosphere of his presence. Like in the case of Saul now known as Paul on his way to Damascus, after that visit, Saul (Paul)' life change for the better. The awesome thing is that when God visit any man, that man must experience a change for good. That God.
Re: When God Visits You by Rousseau: 7:47am On Dec 31, 2010
cemehere:

God lives in every man's life, must especially the christian.

God is the creator of all mankind. He does not have favorites. If I am reading your statement correctly, you make it seem that God has picked Christians as his flag bearers. I must say, that is an arrogant view to hold. Their is truth in all religions. God has made himself known throughout history to many different groups of people. If you look closely at the different religions found throughout the world, they all have similar patterns to how they experience God.
Re: When God Visits You by Ymodulus: 8:27am On Dec 31, 2010
Rousseau:

God is the creator of all mankind. He does not have favorites. If I am reading your statement correctly, you make it seem that God has picked Christians as his flag bearers. I must say, that is an arrogant view to hold. There is truth in all religions. God has made himself known throughout history to many different groups of people. If you look closely at the different religions found throughout the world, they all have similar patterns to how they experience God.
wrong wrong wrong. There is no truth in religion secondly religions has several ways of worshipping their god.
Re: When God Visits You by Joagbaje(m): 8:43am On Dec 31, 2010
@cemehere
cemehere:

God lives in every man's life, most especially the christian. 
God does not live I every man. He only indwelling his saints in christ. But God loves every person.

@ Rousseau
Rousseau:

God is the creator of all mankind. He does not have favorites. If I am reading your statement correctly, you make it seem that God has picked Christians as his flag bearers. I must say, that is an arrogant view to hold. Their is truth in all religions. God has made himself known throughout history to many different groups of people. If you look closely at the different religions found throughout the world, they all have similar patterns to how they experience God. 

Do you believe in the bible , that it contains the word of God? If you do, then your  post is contrary to what the bible says. Even though every religion preach morality, God is not in the religions. Religion is man's search for God. But christianity is the medium by which God link man to himself. Its not enough to acknowledge there is a God in heaven . You must come to him not in your own way but his own way. And there is only one way.

John 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 
Re: When God Visits You by Joagbaje(m): 8:47am On Dec 31, 2010
Ymodulus:

wrong wrong wrong. There is no truth in religion secondly religions has several ways of worshipping their god.

You're right for once, there is not truth in any religion. That's why a man need to embrace salavtion in christ. Christianity is not a religion. It is about man receiving the gift of God. Life!
Re: When God Visits You by Rousseau: 8:52am On Dec 31, 2010
Ymodulus:

Religion is a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of life and the universe. All across the world, different groups have had different sets of belief concerning God. However, a common theme found in many religions is the universal God. There is truth in every religion. That is my belief. Who am I to tell another that there religion is wrong? Have you or I been to the other side? The common themes that permeate through different religions shows that their is truth in the different religions that make up the world.
Re: When God Visits You by Rousseau: 8:56am On Dec 31, 2010
Joagbaje:

@ Rousseau
Do you believe in the bible , that it contains the word of God? If you do, then your  post is contrary to what the bible says. Even though every religion preach morality, God is not in the religions. Religion is man's search for God. But christianity is the medium by which God link man to himself. Its not enough to acknowledge there is a God in heaven . You must come to him not in your own way but his own way. And there is only one way.

John 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 

I am a believer of natural theology. The Bible has many aspects of God within it, but I know that many passages in the Bible was created by man. They may have been inspired by God, but as a man myself, I know that we are capable of errors. That is why I do not believe in the infallibility of the Bible. I pose a question for you. Do you know the history of the compilation of the Bible? Who is a Christian? Jesus Christ was a Jewish carpenter. His faith was the Jewish faith.
Re: When God Visits You by Ymodulus: 9:07am On Dec 31, 2010
Joagbaje:

You're right for once, there is not truth in any religion. That's why a man need to embrace salavtion in christ. Christianity is not a religion. It is about man receiving the gift of God. Life!
christianity is also a religion so stop talking trash
Re: When God Visits You by Kay17: 11:19am On Dec 31, 2010
^^ and like all other religions claims monopoly to god. Deism included.
A deist falls into the same trap as a muslim or christian, he creates a god that suits his taste. Like level of education or intellectual appetite. A rational being familiar with advanced science and modern man's desires to free himself from the past.
Still he is a being created to defy inquiry and definition.
Re: When God Visits You by seansemi(f): 11:30am On Dec 31, 2010
As a xtian, all I can say is that Jesus Christ is my Lord and personal saviour, he has saved me of my sins, and i experience his awesomeness everyday, I see his beauty and feel his love everyday, even when trials and tribulations come my way, I will always hold on to him, becos he has not promised me a life devoid of temptations, but he has promised me inspite of temptations (which can come in any form) he will always be by me, thereby giving me the grace to go on. If not for God I will definately not be here,because I have gone thru a lot, but by his grace I am still alive and well.Everybody is entitled to his opinion but as for me and my house we will serve the lord
Re: When God Visits You by Kay17: 11:43am On Dec 31, 2010
You could as well try out weed!
Re: When God Visits You by seansemi(f): 12:18pm On Dec 31, 2010
I dont see hw trying weed is related to what I have posted or the post at large, anyways I will not join issues wiv u, its totally unnecessary and baseless.I have passed my message, that is my opinion and ure entitled to urs
Re: When God Visits You by Kay17: 11:38pm On Dec 31, 2010
^^ you seem to disregard reality, so i introduced weed: since it also creates a feel good mood.
Besides god is said to omnipresent. So how come he makes visits?
Re: When God Visits You by inedi: 10:37am On Jan 01, 2011
Ymodulus:

Hello Ymodulus you are the reason why God is God, and i love u but God loves you best and he will visist you i promise, just open your heart for it, it has happened to millions around the world, and you are not exepsional, we have seen sorst cases. but for you at list you should acknowledge first that there is suprime being if you are a realis as you say, and if tou do that, and if you say he does not exist, lets go real at list give a try and if you ready let me know and we will do it together.
Re: When God Visits You by inedi: 12:02pm On Jan 01, 2011
for God to visit you first you most have strong desire.in the early period of the history of the nation of Isreal, they had gotten cmfortable with the Egyptian lifestyle and had fallen in love with the onions and garlic of Egypt. At this time the children of Israel still enjoyed the goowill of successive Pharaohs and the Egyptians. It si possible they had even forgotten the land flowing with milk and honey God promised Abraham and his seed. But Joseph being a prophet of God, knew by revelation what w not to distant future. And Joseph said unto his brethren, I die: and God will surely visit you, and bring you out of this land unto the land which he sware to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob. 25 And Joseph took an oath of the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you, and ye shall carry up my bones from hence. 26 So Joseph died, being an hundred and ten years old: and they embalmed him, and he was put in a coffin in Egypt. Gen 50:24-26 (KJV) the predicament of the children of Israel remaind the same. They did not pursue an ardent desire for a change in their circumstancec; hence God's word couldn't be fulfilled in them. fter Josephe became the prime Minister of Egypt, the children of Israel trmendously prospered and increased in number until a new Pharaoh ruled Egypt who knew nothing of how the Egyptian empire was preserved from famine through Joseph's wisdom (Exodus 1:7-14) consequently, out of fear and insecurity in the face of the growing strength of the children of Israel, he subject them to slavery.
Soon israels's desire for a change grew and God heard there cry and sent a deliverer to bring them out of slavery and lead them into the promise land.[color=#006600]

[color=#006600]And it came to pass in process of time, that the king of Egypt died: and the children of Israel sighed by reason of the bondage, and they cried, and their cry came up unto God by reason of the bondage.
Ex 2:23 (KJV[color=#006600])[/color
]

7 And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows; 8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.
Ex 3:7-8 (KJV)[/color]

10 Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.

Ex 3:10 (KJV)[/color]
Re: When God Visits You by inedi: 1:07pm On Jan 01, 2011
Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt. Ex 3:10 (KJV) God's response came as a result of their strong desire for a change in their situation. Desire a change today concerning that situation and a very strong one and see God visit you. thank you
Re: When God Visits You by inedi: 8:15pm On Jan 04, 2011
seeking God's visitation then you most make Jesus the Lord of you life by praying thus.
''O Lord God, I come to you in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, '', whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved'' ( Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive enternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9 (KJV)
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the I declare that i am saved; i am born-again; i am a child of God! I now have Christ indwelling in me , and geater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. (1 john 4:4). Inow walk in the consciouness of my new life in Christ Jesus, Hallelujah'' Congratulation.
Re: When God Visits You by carree: 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2012
Abraham Lincoln said: "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." If you do not know about God, because you have not had a life changing experience with Him, and you only believe what you are told and do not use the mind He gave you to seek after Him, to know the Truth, whereby you can be set free, do not say anything. You will only find yourself fighting against God.

"Most people don't find out until it's too late...You know, you're going to find out, no matter which way you choose, but I pray you find out about His love for you. (Words from a song by Keith Green, Most People Don't Find Out Till It's Too Late)
Re: When God Visits You by LogicMind: 12:35am On Apr 05, 2012
carree: Abraham Lincoln said: "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." If you do not know about God, because you have not had a life changing experience with Him, and you only believe what you are told and do not use the mind He gave you to seek after Him, to know the Truth, whereby you can be set free, do not say anything. You will only find yourself fighting against God.

"Most people don't find out until it's too late...You know, you're going to find out, no matter which way you choose, but I pray you find out about His love for you. (Words from a song by Keith Green, Most People Don't Find Out Till It's Too Late)

he visited yesterday.
was eyeing my sister so i kicked him out.

(1) (Reply)

Women And Trousers / What Happens To Demons When They Leave The Body / Photo: Agbanje Spirit Was Snap By My Pastor During Deliverance Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.